• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

I see Devitt is fighting Peter Beardsley!

BlNF4WDCUAAMKfX.jpg:large

everton-peter-beardsley-82-panini-football-93-collectable-football-sticker-49314-p.jpg

Sblargh

Banned
Hahahaha. Oh god. I want to be an analyst now.

"All you really need is something like Breaking Bad. Why are you not producing something like Breaking Bad? You should have at least 3 shows like Breaking Bad at once. You're just missing out by not having your own Breaking Bad"

Goddamn it.

Vylash

I don't think these "experts" have any idea what they are talking about. No one is going to buy a primarily wrestling product if they don't watch wrestling. It doesn't matter what else is offered. That's just the bottom line. The fact that people believe otherwise is just asinine.

That number will skyrocket once they get the network into other territories

You know, if there is one good thing I will ever say about the Nasty Boys and wrestlers in the 80s/early 90s in general, they didn't give a fuck and looked how they looked. Not everyone was going to look like Warrior and Kerry Von Erich and they didn't give a shit.

Yeah, I enjoyed the "variety" of physiques back in the day. Bret Hart was complaining a few years back that everyone has the same look now - complete with six pack abs. Bret never had a six pack, but I thought he had a good wrestling physique. Thick neck. Barrel chested with thick shoulders and arms.

Btw, I've been lurking this thread a good deal lately. I used to be a wrestling fanatic from 1991 until about 2001/2002 or whenever it was I realized that Vince had blown the whole WCW buyout angle. In the years that followed, I tuned in and out, usually at least catching Wrestlemania season. Having the network now has rekindled my love for the art of wrasslin. I've been slowly softening up to the current product more and more in no small part because of the interesting banter here. Just thought I'd say thanks for the entertainment!

strobogo

Banned
Yeah, I enjoyed the "variety" of physiques back in the day. Bret Hart was complaining a few years back that everyone has the same look now - complete with six pack abs. Bret never had a six pack, but I thought he had a good wrestling physique. Thick neck. Barrel chested with thick shoulders and arms.

Btw, I've been lurking this thread a good deal lately. I used to be a wrestling fanatic from 1991 until about 2001/2002 or whenever it was I realized that Vince had blown the whole WCW buyout angle. In the years that followed, I tuned in and out, usually at least catching Wrestlemania season. Having the network now has rekindled my love for the art of wrasslin. I've been slowly softening up to the current product more and more in no small part because of the interesting banter here. Just thought I'd say thanks for the entertainment!

If you really want to rekindle your love for wrestling, I suggest you watch XPW and IWA Mid South. Some classic, classic stuff.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Ready to join WrassleGAF properly and not just be territory enhancement talent?

BRING US YOUR FAVE FIVE.

HELL, EVERYONE BRING A FAVE FIVE

FAVE FIVE PHYSIQUES
or
FAVE FIVE BRAINS

I'll go first

FAVE FIVE BRAINS:

5. Crush's victims
4. The Game
3. Doink
2. Rick Rude
1. Bobby Heenan

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fave Five Bret Hart Emotions:

5. Hit like a ton of bricks to my gut
4. I couldn't sleep, I was so upset
3. I felt used
2. I felt betrayed
1. Like my heart was ripped out of my chest

JavyOO7

Bret Hart's fave five moves

1. Inverted atomic drop
2. Russian leg sweep
3. Back breaker
4. Elbow drop from the second rope
5. Sharpshooter

... I got nothing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sorry Bobby, but Captain Lou is the best brain in the business. Holy shit, I have never seen someone fire off so many names, dates, measurements, locations, and payrates off the top of his head within seconds of being asked a question

strobogo

Banned
Sorry Bobby, but Captain Lou is the best brain in the business. Holy shit, I have never seen someone fire off so many names, dates, measurements, locations, and payrates off the top of his head within seconds of being asked a question

Capt. Lou was like cocaine in human form. I never liked him. And I hated Jimmy Hart. God did I fucking hate Jimmy Hart. And still hate Jimmy Hart.

Rapstah

Kind of weird how someone at WWE picked Spring Stampede '97 to run in the live stream. It has the WE COMIN' FOR YOU promo right before a Chris Benoit match. With Woman!

Merriman was pretty good on the panel last week. His interest in the product shows.
No, he was awful. He was just reading prepared statements, and I think it was the Raw pre-show where he went on about Undertaker after a Bryan video package and Josh asking him about Bryan, which made it clear he was just memorizing lines. He's definitely a real fan, though. Have you seen his childish Twitter fight with CM Punk?

Vylash

I love how "The Knee That Beat Cena" has been upgraded to "The Knee That Beat HHH" they should just change it whenever he beats someone "There it is! The Knee That Beat Jinder Mahal!"

No, he was awful. He was just reading prepared statements, and I think it was the Raw pre-show where he went on about Undertaker after a Bryan video package and Josh asking him about Bryan, which made it clear he was just memorizing lines. He's definitely a real fan, though. Have you seen his childish Twitter fight with CM Punk?

I'm talking about the WM pre-show, which I thought he was fine in. And, yeah, I saw that thing he did a few years ago, but I'm not going to hold that against him or define him by it.

Rapstah

For a while as Wade Barrett wasn't wrestling, his finisher was listed as the Bad News Hammer on WWE.com. They changed it back to Bull Hammer as he returned last week.

Sblargh

Banned
What's with running knee? Too simple?

The Yes! Knee!

The problem is that "knee" is a bad word. It's just not a cool word like "forearm" or "knuckle".

The Movement Knee!

New Page!
e228afa27eda60eadff2652aca90bd98_crop_exact.jpg

Top Bottom