• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

jred2k

I stopped watching Raw last night after the Rusev match. I come back to this thread this morning and there are 29 new pages. Holy shit WrassleGAF is getting huge.

Aiii

So not worth it
I love Paul Heyman.

Very telling when he mentions which talent comes up to him for advise, the names he mentions are from the guys: "Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns. And from the girls "Natalya and AJ." Who are pretty much exactly the people you'd expect to come up to a guy like Heyman and ask for advise on how to improve what they do.

I would have been very surprised if he went "Jimmy Uso, Del Rio, Jinder and Nikki Bella" come up to me and ask me for advise on their character.

-edit: He also mentions he still talks to Punk, but not about the business "because that is obviously a sore spot for him" and that at that point there has yet to be a "first conversation" between Punk and Vince (it was recorded two days before Mania). Apparently they had a long conversation about True Detective.

Xater

I love Paul Heyman.

Very telling when he mentions which talent comes up to him for advise, the names he mentions are from the guys: "Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns. And from the girls "Natalya and AJ." Who are pretty much exactly the people you'd expect to come up to a guy like Heyman and ask for advise on how to improve what they do.

I would have been very surprised if he went "Jimmy Uso, Del Rio, Jinder and Nikki Bella" come up to me and ask me for advise on their character.

Yeah that does sound about right. really looking forward to listen to this.

Hasney

Grr... I just made that Corporate Kane Mii too. :(

Just create a Tomodachi Life game with Korporate Kane, Masked Kane, Unmasked but still Red Kane, original Kane, Fake Diesel & Issac Yankem.

Then AJ and Tori so some of them can hook up since they can't all make out with each other... OR FEMALE KANE COSPLAY.

alstein

Sheamus was pushing that his leg was hurt after Swagger's ankle lock, which will probably be the excuse for him losing to Barrett. They seem to be on a Barrett push right now, though I doubt he'll beat Cesaro.

Nothing wrong with a Barrett push, he's really underrated. His demeanor and movelist scream 90s WCW guy, but in all the right ways. Would have loved to see him feud for the TV Title with Booker T or the US belt with DDP back in those days- would have been so good.

Marvel

could never
9HSkSxz.gif

Sblargh

Banned
Sounds like Vince was back in charge of the show this week. Glad I got drunk and watched Modern Family instead.

It can't be. Paige and Alicia Fox got a match that lasted more than 3 minutes and didn't involved neither comedy relief nor it was a bra and panties match.

Even if Paige gear basically is bra and panties.

strobogo

Banned
Thinking about heading to Indy, going to Yats, maybe hit up some guitar shops, maybe go to some of the hipster thrift shops and look for VINTAGE wrasslin shirts.

Aiii

So not worth it
It can't be. Paige and Alicia Fox got a match that lasted more than 3 minutes and didn't involved neither comedy relief nor it was a bra and panties match.

I don't know how to break this to to you, but Paige vs. Alicia Fox went exactly 3 minutes and 28 seconds and really wasn't more than most divas matches are, one girl on offense, babyface gets the upperhand, does one move and wins.

I really want Paige vs AJ to turn the tide in the division, but first week in there hasn't been much of a change other than Paige being a fresh face.

Xater

I don't know how to break this to to you, but Paige vs. Alicia Fox went exactly 3 minutes and 28 seconds and really wasn't more than most divas matches are, one girl on offense, babyface gets the upperhand, does one move and wins.

I really want Paige vs AJ to turn the tide in the division, but first week in there hasn't been much of a change other than Paige being a fresh face.

And Emma needs to get away from fucking Santino.

Sblargh

Banned

:(

Ithil

Most of the male wrestlers are in their underwear, so it's not a big deal. Wrestling atttire is skimpy by nature.

Sblargh

Banned
Most of the male wrestlers are in their underwear, so it's not a big deal. Wrestling atttire is skimpy by nature.

Oh, I know, I do think Paige's gear is very cool. I was just mentioning because it wouldn't be too much of a bra and panties match.

But I really like it, purple is my favorite color.

Ithil

The wrestling was better quality than the likes of the Bellas, the champion actually won, and the crowd (a mark crowd that had no clue who Paige was a week prior) reacted well to the finish.

Baby steps.

Sblargh

Banned
But I'll say that Paige is not good to be booked this way of being destroyed until her ultra becomes available. Bayley is more like that, Emma can do it, but Paige (like AJ) is better at a match where she is at least equal to the attacker. The scorpion cross lock/hold is obviosuly very cool, but it can't become her Attitude Adjustment.
She's got an arsenal, she has to show it.

Marvel

could never
She has that Brock Lesner "I dont know if she is really hurting the other person or is just really good at this" thing going on.

Definitely.

Stiff and beautiful, also those backbreakers on Paige were excellent. I'm always impressed with her work I want to see her wrestle more.

strobogo

Banned
strobogo's quest to find his smile.

Yats is fucking dope. My favorite place, but I don't like driving 45 minutes for a resturant. There is a really good Mexican place not even 3 miles from my house. I'm having a tough time deciding. I SHOULD get out and go to Indy, but Mexican also sounds great.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yats is fucking dope. My favorite place, but I don't like driving 45 minutes for a resturant. There is a really good Mexican place not even 3 miles from my house. I'm having a tough time deciding. I SHOULD get out and go to Indy, but Mexican also sounds great.

Go to indy, eat, come home and eat more.

Kane versus Sting!

Also I think its fitting that when Sting finally decided it was time to jump to the WWE that Taker retired. Fuck Sting. Dude should have made the jump a few years ago and had a half decent run. Now it seems he is only doing it for one final glory lap in the E and to pad his retirement fund.

Normal people don't notice this stuff.

Can't help it. I appreciate a great physique.

Cesaro should have his old Claudio Castagnoli theme (minus the Queen sample at the start);

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSB4Ocv1Qsk

UWFi, "PRO-WRESTLING WORLD", 1995.01.16
Nippon Budokan, Tokyo
16,500 Fans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7M_vic2RgE

1. UWFi Standing Bout: Gong Yuttachai vs Rodney Brockfield
2. Kenichi Yamamoto vs Hiromitsu Kanehara
3. Yoshihiro Takayama vs Tom Burton
4. Bad News Allen vs Tatsuo Nakano
5. Naoki Sano & Kazushi Sakuraba vs Yoji Anjo & Masahito Kakihara
6. Kiyoshi Tamura vs Jean Lydick
7. Nobuhiko Takada & Billy Scott vs Kazuo Yamazaki & James Stone
8. Pro-Wrestling World Heavyweight Title: Super Vader (c) vs Gary Albright

Ignore the opening match, it's bad kickboxing that goes on way too long. The rest is good fun, though - Yamamoto vs Kanehara, Takayama vs Burton and Tamura vs Lydick are worth a watch. The main event's pretty good, as you'd expect, while Sano & Sakuraba vs Anjo & Kakihara's probably the best match on the card. James Stone is Little Guido/Nunzio. Surprisingly, he doesn't get murdered by Takada (but only because Yamazaki murders Billy Scott first).

I don't get a chance to respond to all your posts Bootaaay, but thanks for all the links. I watched some of the other shows you posted yesterday during my lunch break and on my ride home from work. Greatly appreciated!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Raw was alright last night. If it hadn't been for the Evolution official reunion happening that last segment was booked to shit. It was still mostly stupid. I know they had to book the faces to look vulnerable for once but man.

Levels of Kofi's STUPID STUPID STUPID by putting Rusev in there. Fucking stupid.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
TNA continues to sign their stars to new contracts as of late and TNA Executive Vice President "Big" John Gaburick has announced that Gunner has signed a new multi-year agreement with the company.

Did TNA trick him?

Not terribly excited about the upcoming New Japan cards - there's a fair few matches that are sure to be good, but there's not a lot of hype going into the next tour. AJ vs Okada needs to be awesome, especially with a fucking Gracies match as the semi-main event. Looking forward to Ibushi vs Taguchi, though, just to see if Taguchi can remind me why anyone should give a damn about him. There's an unannounced Shibata match on the card, so hopefully that'll be something good.

I'm probably more excited for the ROH/NJPW shows than I am Dontaku. Hopefully they can get things back on track for the big Yokohama Arena show at the end of May.

Anywho, have a couple of Jumbo vs Murdoch matches;

Jumbo Tsuruta (c) vs Dick Murdoch - NWA United National Title 2/3 Falls - (AJPW 02/23/80)
Dick Murdoch (c) vs Jumbo Tsuruta - NWA United National Title 2/3 Falls - (AJPW 03/05/80)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not terribly excited about the upcoming New Japan cards - there's a fair few matches that are sure to be good, but there's not a lot of hype going into the next tour. AJ vs Okada needs to be awesome, especially with a fucking Gracies match as the semi-main event. Looking forward to Ibushi vs Taguchi, though, just to see if Taguchi can remind me why anyone should give a damn about him. There's an unannounced Shibata match on the card, so hopefully that'll be something good.

I'm probably more excited for the ROH/NJPW shows than I am Dontaku. Hopefully they can get things back on track for the big Yokohama Arena show at the end of May.

Anywho, have a couple of Jumbo vs Murdoch matches;

Jumbo Tsuruta (c) vs Dick Murdoch - NWA United National Title 2/3 Falls - (AJPW 02/23/80)
Dick Murdoch (c) vs Jumbo Tsuruta - NWA United National Title 2/3 Falls - (AJPW 03/05/80)

Okada/Styles has potential to be friggin great, I just hope it delivers. It's a new opponent which is really good, that goes a long way for me.

I wish the Gracies weren't doing anything, like seriously. :/

RoH/NJPW shows will be dope as fuck and scratch the itch, guaranteed. I hope the crowd is more hype than Mojo Rawley.

I'm pretty happy to see the Kane as Big Red Machine thing coming back up. I don't like his mask, wish he'd get something that covered his whole face cos this one doesn't really do it for me, but it's crazy how much they just nuked his entire character by putting him in a suit. It's good cos it's wrestling though and we can forget all about that next week if he's suddenly an indomitable force again. The guy looks in really good shape, so even though he's nearly as old as the Undertaker I don't think it will be depressing or boring. Monster-sized Kane vs Daniel Bryan sounds like a fun match to me.

Wqhc7qV.jpg

Nakamura vs Zack, Steen vs Marty and now Adam Cole - this show's looking stacked.

Okada/Styles has potential to be friggin great, I just hope it delivers. It's a new opponent which is really good, that goes a long way for me.

Yeah, same here, Okada's only got a couple of fresh defences left; Nakamura and Nagata, so I'm glad to see someone new in the title picture - Meltzer thinks AJ's getting a big push, as well, but I just can't see the first gaijin champion in 9 years being a guy pretty much none of the audience is familiar with.

Vince McMahon said:
I wish the Gracies weren't doing anything, like seriously. :/

It's infuriating, as they're only there for their name value - I wish they could have done the same angle, but with two shootfighters who know a damn thing about pro-wrestling.

Have you not been paying attention to his amazing feud with James Storm?
No, I've missed the last few episodes. I read that he broke a beer bottle over Gunner Senior's head.

It seems like TNA is playing Oakland A's style Moneyball. Letting all their overpriced talent go and signing their C players for cheap. It's smart since they'll most likely get the same ratings.

Top Bottom