• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Rapstah

I still don't get why they took his robe away. I don't think he even has music anymore.

They completely gutted him up. Tragic shit. I really liked Sandow.

I can't feel too sorry about him because it seems like all of that was actually his idea to make his character more serious. It's like if Ryback decided to lose all his muscle or if John Cena stopped rapping on his way to the ring.

I can't feel too sorry about him because it seems like all of that was actually his idea to make his character more serious. It's like if Ryback decided to lose all his muscle or if John Cena stopped rapping on his way to the ring.

I remember the sheetz some time ago saying that creative or whoever intentionally stopped him from wearing his robe.

I could be wrong though.

Aiii

So not worth it
I still don't get why they took his robe away. I don't think he even has music anymore.

They completely gutted him up. Tragic shit. I really liked Sandow.

You should listen to Stone Cold and Heyman, they actually mention Sandow specifically. Basically they say the company looks for guys that stand up to them, so when they go and tell you "We'd like you to wear pink trunks" they look for the people that tell them "lol, no, fuck off" as the people they would eventually end up pushing as main guys. So that's basically a test, those who roll over and do what their told don't have it.

It's pretty much a rehash of what everyone else has said in the past, promoters want guys and girls that stand up for their character and don't let people bullshit them into ridiculous stuff.

jred2k

Whose coffee did Cody piss in? Dude screed the company in the fall and is stuck jobbing to rybaxel

Yeah it's really a shame he looks like he's getting left behind while they move the card around. I really want to see them do the Cody/Goldust blow off match at Summer Slam. It might not be WM, but its still a big event.

That feud with the NAO really seemed to take away all their momentum. Every time Cody looks like he's poised to move up the card he gets fucked. I don't even really remember anything coming out of his feud with Sandow after MitB.

You should listen to Stone Cold and Heyman, they actually mention Sandow specifically. Basically they say the company looks for guys that stand up to them, so when they go and tell you "We'd like you to wear pink trunks" they look for the people that tell them "lol, no, fuck off" as the people they would eventually end up pushing as main guys. So that's basically a test, those who roll over and do what their told don't have it.

It's pretty much a rehash of what everyone else has said in the past, promoters want guys and girls that stand up for their character and don't let people bullshit them into ridiculous stuff.

That's such a fucked up way to run a billion dollar business. There should at least be some reward for the good work done in front of the cameras. That match at Battleground was legit one of, if not the, best feel-good moments of all last year.

Cagey

Banned
Cody Rhodes is a generic create-a-wrestler with the right lineage. The most interesting thing about him in the time I've seen him is his brother.

Aiii

So not worth it
That's such a fucked up way to run a billion dollar business. There should at least be some reward for the good work done in front of the cameras. That match at Battleground was legit one of, if not the, best feel-good moments of all last year.

Is it though? In a business where people come and go and decide to leave on a whim, where people have to work 300 days a year and commit their entire lives to what they do, you would need people that have complete conviction in what they're doing as your top guys, because those are the people you can depend on to always be there and have passion for what they're doing. I can totally understand why you'd need to have some kind of test in place before you're ready to actually push people to that level.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I vote that shit as the most annoying WrestleMania theme ever. Actually, no, they're all godawful and I despise the fact that the hook is forever burned into your brain as it's played continually all Mania week and beyond. FUCK.

OH.

WRITTEN IN THE STARS

A MILLION MILES AWAY

I get 5 weeks a year and I often ended up not taking any until the end of the year or saving them. But 2 years ago they decided you can only take 1 week to the next year and aren't allowed to save up any more, so I now try and take a week here and there during the year.

I figured I enjoy staying up and watching PPV's and Raw with you, so why not schedule my vacation at that time, not like it really matters when since I don't have a girlfriend or wife to schedule shit with, it's my time now!

Five weeks a year? Man, that European work ethic.

I've been with this company of 22,000+ people for more than six years now, and only accrue 14 hours of Paid Time Off (PTO) per month, which totals three weeks a year. And that includes both time off and sick days. #AmericaTheBeautiful

The more I think about it, the more I fear that Bryan is gonna get the same treatment Punk got when he was champion in terms of a spot on the card. There's no denying that not going on last hampers the credibility of the title and the person holding it. Now it's HHH main eventing instead of Cena main eventing at every PPV. Which is a real shame cause now we have these 'special events' and you would think the company would be less reactionary when it comes to who's being promoted or not.

Would you think Bryan's absence effected the Alabama crowd a bit? They were Yes'ing the hell out of the main event. Hopefully this creates a bit of friction between Bryan and Shield but not too much friction.

I know, I know, I got what I wanted, stop complaining, get off Bryan's pole yadda yadda yadda

Hasney

Just want to reiterate the "lol WCW Uncensored" sentiment from stro a couple of days ago. Been watching the WCW PPVs since Bash at the Beach 96 in order and at the end of Superbrawl, there was an Uncensored promo saying that it's the only unsanctioned night with no titles on the line.

Just started watching now. "The opening contest at WCW Uncensored is for one fall and for the United States Heavyweight Title". Good work.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
How can they follow up such a great post-Mania Raw that put over a lot of new-ish talent with this bullshit.. This Raw was terrible for the most part. No one cares about Orton and Batista, and now they bring back Evolution? And since the Cena/Bray feud is going to continue I'm guessing they're actually going to have him either lose to Bray at Extreme Rules or win "brutally" and turn heel in the process. And no one wants to see Heel Cena because he's actually even more insufferable than Babyface Cena which is no small feat.

And I'm pissed that Cesaro didn't take the Real Americans theme with him :(

PS Why was there yet another Santino/Emma/Fandango/Layla tag match?

And why did this crowd pop for basically nothing except Cena?
I'm somewhat okay with Evolution reuniting because it lets Shield stay together for now.

The Cena/Bray feud however seems pointless if they're gonna have Cena character assassinate and win all the matches. Just another "monster" fed to Cena. No reason to believe Cena is turning heel. This is just Kane "embrace the hate" redux.

I agree that Cesaro should have the Real Americans theme, by right.

As for the random tag match, well any excuse for Laydango to get air time is fine with me. She smells like Cinnamon Toast Crunch, y'know.

I think a lot of it is they don't want to burn all of their big matches in on one show, so Bryan's getting a holdover feud with Kane.

It sucks, but that's the nature of having people locked in with the network.

They also gave Bryan the big win at Mania but just like several before him, he's still not their guy so they don't care about him being in main events.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Evolution reunion gave Shield the rub. Making them bigger and better.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I think a lot of it is they don't want to burn all of their big matches in on one show, so Bryan's getting a holdover feud with Kane.

It sucks, but that's the nature of having people locked in with the network.
Why does it suck? I think you guys should think about this before you end up getting something you think you want, but will suck. A feud with Kane is guaranteed to put Bryan over, and Kane is in great shape, and will likely get a good match with Bryan. Would you guys rather have another Orton feud like Bryan had for months last year? A Batista feud? A Cena feud where Cena smirks at everything?

Yes, Bryan likely won't be going on last at ER, but that's a HHH thing, not a Kane thing.

alstein

Whose coffee did Cody piss in? Dude carred the company in the fall and is stuck jobbing

On the face side of things, Cody's good, but he's nowhere near as good as who they're pushing. Midcard is about the right place for Cody.

The more I think about it, the more I fear that Bryan is gonna get the same treatment Punk got when he was champion in terms of a spot on the card. There's no denying that not going on last hampers the credibility of the title and the person holding it. Now it's HHH main eventing instead of Cena main eventing at every PPV. Which is a real shame cause now we have these 'special events' and you would think the company would be less reactionary when it comes to who's being promoted or not.

Would you think Bryan's absence effected the Alabama crowd a bit? They were Yes'ing the hell out of the main event. Hopefully this creates a bit of friction between Bryan and Shield but not too much friction.

I know, I know, I got what I wanted, stop complaining, get off Bryan's pole yadda yadda yadda

I still think some sort of Wargames match has to happen as a blowoff Bryan+shield vs Evolution+Kane or some new corporate guy inducted into Evoluation as the future (Bo Dallas perhaps?)

Evolution reunion gave Shield the rub. Making them bigger and better.

I know they can't get Flair but without a fourth, that group seems kinda neutered the way I see it.

Sheamus needs to get his ass on that group. Just to test the contrast on my television because him and a bunch of bald tanned dudes would be hilarious. Give em suits!

Raw64life

Evolution is supposed to have the past (Flair), the present (HHH) and the future (Orton & Batista). Now it's just 2 pasts and a present. Sheamus is a present too. They need a future.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Evolution is supposed to have the past (Flair), the present (HHH) and the future (Orton & Batista). Now it's just 2 pasts and a present. Sheamus is a present too. They need a future.

Bo Dallas brother

Nah but for real, I was totally expecting the Ascension last night and the wind came out of my sails when Del Rio showed up.

DMczaf

Ambrose turns on Shield.

rlbwD.jpg

Is anyone expecting Evolution to last? because I'm kind of expecting it to be a one month long reunion tour which ends with them losing and in turn having Orton and Batista go back to their single runs.

Bo Dallas brother

Nah but for real, I was totally expecting the Ascension last night and the wind came out of my sails when Del Rio showed up.
Same here, Masked Kane and the Ascension made sense in my mind then I heard Del Rios theme and struggled to maintain interest as Realzea is like a lullaby to me these days.

DMczaf

Is anyone expecting Evolution to last? because I'm kind of expecting it to be a one month long reunion tour which ends with them losing and in turn having Orton and Batista go back to their single runs.

I bet it's like DX, planned as a one month thing, but if fans buy merch we get them for another year.

I don't think anyone is buying Evolution merch.

D-Bry turns heel, gives title to HHH via Fingerpoke of Doom. Cena vs Nu-Evolution until Russev is ready to be buried.

jred2k

Is it though? In a business where people come and go and decide to leave on a whim, where people have to work 300 days a year and commit their entire lives to what they do, you would need people that have complete conviction in what they're doing as your top guys, because those are the people you can depend on to always be there and have passion for what they're doing. I can totally understand why you'd need to have some kind of test in place before you're ready to actually push people to that level.

I just think there has to be a to accomplish the same goal without creating so much animosity in the process. I mean, they have 7 hours of television produced every week and still don't have time to get a large part of the roster on the shows. I don't think it would hurt to give a guy a chance to bomb every once and a while. I think it's very hard for someone to hone their character when they don't get a chance to work on it in front of a live crowd.

It would be interesting to know more about how the booking works on NXT and how people get selected for time there. People at NXT actually get a chance to go out in front of a crowd and work on their character. Sometimes stuff doesn't work so they go back to the drawing board and find something that does. The system there really seems to be built in a way that allows the best members of the roster to filter their way to the top.

Sephzilla

Cena should be the 4th member of Evolution.

Cena: I AM THE PRESENT AND THE FUTURE OF THIS COMPANY

Meanwhile, in reality he's going to be off burying the Wyatts and then Rusev

I completely disagree with the divas match being "the same old". It was over, for one. But really what it was was a squash to establish a new character, just like any male superstar would get. Nothing wrong with it at all.

dream

It still bothers me that, when the Rockers reunited in 2005, Shawn Michaels came out in his regular gear instead of coordinating with Marty Jannetty's Rockers outfit. Like, what the fuck, man?

krae_man

The Ryback/Axel remix isn't as bad as people say at all. It's like no one remembers Rated-RKO.

Well that just rotated between the two themes. Curtis Axels is already a mix of two themes. Now the mix of two themes is being mixed with another theme. It's too much mixing!

Top Bottom