• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I always felt the name Abraham Lincoln would be the toughest name for someone to have in Japan.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like I'm moving a lot earlier than expected. Dooooope, psyched for a house.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, a colleague of mine tried to pass off some work last week, because he (once again, not exactly the first time) forgot his part of the task and did something different. The colleague he passed it on to then asked my direct colleague on my department for advise because I was on vacation last week, he didn't know, told her to wait until I was back. So I come in on monday, see the e-mail, have no fucking clue what's going on because it's not part of the procedure and respond back that I have no clue about this and to ask my superior who I report to on this matter about it. My superior gets this mail, has no fucking clue what's going on and says the same. Colleague that this got passed to gets stressed, all she wants it to finish the task. Tries me again because the guy originally responsible throws his hands up in the air saying he has no clue and his part of the task is done. So I advise her to ask another colleague that I think might know about it. Next thing you know I get a call from the boss, who doesn't know what's going on at all about it and of course holds me responsible BECAUSE I KNOW EVERYTHING IN THIS FUCKING ORGANISATION AND NOBODY ELSE DOES (and I'm not even kidding, I'm the jackass that has the near eidetic memory and never forgets anything). So I spend ten minutes explaining to him what's going on. Next thing you know, I get a call from my superior. We have to be in a meeting in 10 minutes with everyone involved to discuss the goddamn procedure, turns out the colleague who was getting the run around went crying to him (she also happens to be his daughter, so you see how this gets fucking complicated all of a sudden). So I spent an hour in a fucking meeting, as my superior and I are pretty much biting our nails trying not to explode as the guy who started all this gives the run-around, doesn't even apologise that he forgets "claiming he never knew" evne though us two fucking remembered WHAT HIS JOB WAS and in the end the boss never tells him off and instead we come off looking as the jackasses that are unwilling to resolve and help the situation.

GODDAMN I WAS READY TO PILEDRIVER SOME FUCKERS INTO THE CONCRETE!

If there is one thing I cannot stand it's being held responsible for stuff I'm not responsible for. I take extreme care that what I do gets done in time and gets done well, yet I get dragged into this shit because somebody else cba to.

Ugh.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So..why didn't you stay informed? When you take a vacation do you just drop work completely? That sounds insane.

Aiii

So not worth it
So..why didn't you stay informed? When you take a vacation do you just drop work completely? That sounds insane.

Oh no, I knew what was coming. I checked my mail daily, did some stealth stuff in the background because if I don't this company would go to hell (but they don't realize it, or they do and don't care, whatever). But in this case, I made a point to not make it my problem for once, because if you start doing that, you know exactly that every problem gets dumped in your lap because they know if they need shit fixed, they just come to you and it gets fixed.

And before you know it you're working 80 hours a week while the rest of your colleagues go home at 5PM exactly.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like a mistake for you not to make it your problem. I hope you've learned your lesson.

Management-GAF represent.

You took your vacation during Wrestlemania week? A Wrestlemania staycation?

I guess it's not that big of deal, you get 3 months of vacation a year.

Bandini

Well you can't properly celebrate when you're stuck in an office.

YEAH YEAH YEAH

YEAH YEAH YEAH

YEAH YEAH YEAAAAAHAHHA

I vote that shit as the most annoying WrestleMania theme ever. Actually, no, they're all godawful and I despise the fact that the hook is forever burned into your brain as it's played continually all Mania week and beyond. FUCK.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I vote that shit as the most annoying WrestleMania theme ever. Actually, no, they're all godawful and I despise the fact that the hook is forever burned into your brain as it's played continually all Mania week and beyond. FUCK.

I've heard it so many times thanks to the Network's coverage of pre-Mania stuff and even after.

Man, I can't wait to watch episode 70 of WCCW. Shit was red hot when I left yesterday's show.

Disagree. You give your contact info in case of an emergency and then try to put work as far out of your mind as possible.

People are too married to their jobs.

Yup. Unless there is an emergency or some reason you need to get a hold of me, I turn my brain off when it comes to work and vacation.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
This gif is still so great.

9HSkSxz.gif

Aiii

So not worth it

I get 5 weeks a year and I often ended up not taking any until the end of the year or saving them. But 2 years ago they decided you can only take 1 week to the next year and aren't allowed to save up any more, so I now try and take a week here and there during the year.

I figured I enjoy staying up and watching PPV's and Raw with you, so why not schedule my vacation at that time, not like it really matters when since I don't have a girlfriend or wife to schedule shit with, it's my time now!

Browny

Banned
I remember early on in my current employment, I took time off but didn't necessarily go on holiday - doing stuff round the house, computer games and the like. For the first 4 or 5 years, I'd have people ring my mobile for work-related stuff every time I took time off. EVERY TIME.

"Sorry for ringing you whilst you're on holiday."

No you're not, you lying shit. Spit it out.

"Blah blah, something non-urgent".

Yeah, thanks ass-hats.

I now ignore my phone when off work. Check e-mails and deal with them if they're quick. Nothing more.

Edit:

it's my time now!

It's my time now?

I'm sorry

All this about how Cesaro coming out with no entrance music could make him unique forgets the fact that Sandow lost his music for a while too and would look like a jobber whenever he would come out.

I get 5 weeks a year and I often ended up not taking any until the end of the year or saving them. But 2 years ago they decided you can only take 1 week to the next year and aren't allowed to save up any more, so I now try and take a week here and there during the year.

I figured I enjoy staying up and watching PPV's and Raw with you, so why not schedule my vacation at that time, not like it really matters when since I don't have a girlfriend or wife to schedule shit with, it's my time now!

Ah, that's why you were live posting during Raw. You should do that every week and just sleep at work.

Aiii

So not worth it
I remember early on in my current employment, I took time off but didn't necessarily go on holiday - doing stuff round the house, computer games and the like. For the first 4 or 5 years, I'd have people ring my mobile for work-related stuff every time I took time off. EVERY TIME.

"Sorry for ringing you whilst you're on holiday."

No you're not, you lying shit. Spit it out.

"Blah blah, something non-urgent".

Yeah, thanks ass-hats.

I now ignore my phone when off work. Check e-mails and deal with them if they're quick. Nothing more.

Oh yeah, best nip that in the butt right away. One of my colleagues tried that, even called me while I was at the fucking zoo with my brothers kids and he knew I was and I told him not to fucking call me.

That was the first and last time he did.

He also got fired a few months later, I may or may not have been involved in that decision.

DMczaf

I just saw Bray and Cena's promo.

God damn John, you are looking like that old dude who's stayed an era too long.

#GetOnHisLevelJohn

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yet you find the time to post here during work hours.

I'm on autopilot brother. I delegate everything except my GAF posting.

Vince! When you're making announcements at work, do you first make an entrance?

I spice things up a bit. Sometimes I announce a speaker from out of town for a class, things like that, I give them the best Vince treatment I can.

"AND NOW, LIVE, JERRY MCJERRYSTEIN FROM DUBLIN IRELAND!" etc.

jred2k

Oh yeah, best nip that in the butt right away. One of my colleagues tried that, even called me while I was at the fucking zoo with my brothers kids and he knew I was and I told him not to fucking call me.

It's nit-picky, but the phrase is actually "Nip it in the bud." It comes from stopping a budding plant from growing any further.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's nit-picky, but the phrase is actually "Nip it in the bud." It comes from stopping a budding plant from growing any further.

All my knowledge from English comes from watching films and series as a kid, I spend most of my school years playing on my calculator in class. :D

DMczaf

Can we just get rid of Photoshop jokes . They are terrible .

Coles canned laughter doesnt help ether

Photoshop jokes in this era is like doing "lol you're gay" insults vs The Rock, both are archaic and just don't work.

John has been around so long he uses shit from 2-3 eras ago because he's been around for 2-3 eras.

Top Bottom