• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

dream

I mean, you don't see Ricky Morton wearing his York Foundation gear when the Rock 'n Roll Express reunite every month.

charsace

Does anyone know why Alicia Fox doesn't get a run in the women's main event? I think she might be the best female wrestler in the WWE right now. Charismatic, athletic, shows some technical ability, and doesn't botch. She's improved a ton.

DMczaf

John+Cena+Suits+Men+s+Suit+9q6jxr1Ujw_l.jpg

John+Cena+Hulk+Hogan+WrestleMania+30+Press+nWQcbTvHWLbl.jpg

John+Cena+WWE+Superstars+Sandy+Relief+WqwfoSshwc0l.jpg

Dem slacks tho

Bowser

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/John+Cena+Hulk+Hogan+WrestleMania+30+Press+nWQcbTvHWLbl.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/John+Cena+WWE+Superstars+Sandy+Relief+WqwfoSshwc0l.jpg[IMG]

Dem slacks tho[/QUOTE]

He literally might as well wear a garbage bag out to these events.

Dude is fucking in great shape but apparently has never heard of slim fit or tailoring.

smh

edit: WWE Network logo to replace scratch logo by August:

[QUOTE]During the 2014 WWE Business Partners Summit on the WWE Corporate site, Stephanie McMahon confirmed the new WWE logo will debut by August of this year. She pointed out that the logo used will be the new WWE Network Logo. The Clip can be found at the 22 minute mark of the presentation.[/QUOTE]

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Does anyone know why Alicia Fox doesn't get a run in the women's main event? I think she might be the best female wrestler in the WWE right now. Charismatic, athletic, shows some technical ability, and doesn't botch. She's improved a ton.
Yeah I mentioned her learning how to wrassle last night, quite a turn around.

Striker

You should listen to Stone Cold and Heyman, they actually mention Sandow specifically. Basically they say the company looks for guys that stand up to them, so when they go and tell you "We'd like you to wear pink trunks" they look for the people that tell them "lol, no, fuck off" as the people they would eventually end up pushing as main guys. So that's basically a test, those who roll over and do what their told don't have it.
I can see certain situations where a guy is told to go out there and prance in the ring in a diaper and do so without any "WTF why?", but what's wrong with the pink tights? Not sure if they used it by an example, but the pink tights fit his type of character. I remember guys like he and Ziggler weren't allowed wearing it while Cener promoted his own Breast Cancer Awareness month. Such stupidity that goes on in that company. Basically, it's a cop out as to why they've fumbled Sandow and his character since last October. A shame since he was one of the very few guys who had actual character, and a good one at that since it worked well.

Bowser

Yeah I expect Bray to win.

Last time he was in a steel cage he beat Daniel Bryan clean. I think thats like the only clean loss Bryan has had in a year.

Think you're mis-remembering? Wasn't it just a regular match a RR?

Cage match was Bray/Bryan against the Usos, I believe?

yes.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Think you're mis-remembering? Wasn't it just a regular match a RR?

Cage match was Bray/Bryan against the Usos, I believe?

yes.gif

Oh yeah. Derp. I can't even remember what I had for breakfast yesterday so I'd totally fuck up all that shit in my head from 3 months ago.

Still I expect Bray to win this time. Not even Cena will bury him this bad.

I remember a month ago I tried to tell you guys that Alicia Fox had gotten considerably better and I got buried. I will accept apologies hand-written by mail.

Jarrett's big announcement was...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/biggest-loser-creator-bring-new-696160

'Biggest Loser' Creator to Bring New Wrestling Venture to TV

The new Global Force Wrestling league, which already has more than 500 performers with additional announcements planned as more deals are finalized, will see Jarrett again bring wrestling to the small screen. Jarrett is considered to be wrestling's second-most-well-known promoter behind Vince McMahon.

GFW will compete with WWE and TNA, with Jarrett and Broome currently shopping TV rights to matches -- which will air both live and live-to-tape.

"It just won't be a bunch of wrestling matches; we have exciting announcements to come. TNA or WWE right now is match after match after match. Global Force Wrestling is not going to do that. There will be matches but there will be a lot more and a lot more variety placed into the actual events that will be really innovative and fresh"

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You should listen to Stone Cold and Heyman, they actually mention Sandow specifically. Basically they say the company looks for guys that stand up to them, so when they go and tell you "We'd like you to wear pink trunks" they look for the people that tell them "lol, no, fuck off" as the people they would eventually end up pushing as main guys. So that's basically a test, those who roll over and do what their told don't have it.

It's pretty much a rehash of what everyone else has said in the past, promoters want guys and girls that stand up for their character and don't let people bullshit them into ridiculous stuff.
Big Show wore a damn diaper!

Ithil

I think you've never seen her talk if you think she's charismatic. She's been given shots before, but she's near Jack Swagger level of "good in the ring, terrible at character".

Toki767

It still bothers me that, when the Rockers reunited in 2005, Shawn Michaels came out in his regular gear instead of coordinating with Marty Jannetty's Rockers outfit. Like, what the fuck, man?

Remember when DX reunited to set up HHH turning on HBK for their SummerSlam match in 2002? They wore really generic DX shirts. They couldn't even be bothered to get the old merchandise.

Hasney

Fucks sake, just realized I was watching Uncensored '96 when I should have been on '97. On the plus side, I never realized there was a hobo DDP gimmick at one point, which was pretty fantastic.

Raw64life

Didn't she get like a 2 week push a couple of years ago and she almost murdered someone and that immediately cancelled her push? I wanna say it was Beth Phoenix.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
The more I think about it, the more I fear that Bryan is gonna get the same treatment Punk got when he was champion in terms of a spot on the card. There's no denying that not going on last hampers the credibility of the title and the person holding it. Now it's HHH main eventing instead of Cena main eventing at every PPV. Which is a real shame cause now we have these 'special events' and you would think the company would be less reactionary when it comes to who's being promoted or not.

Would you think Bryan's absence effected the Alabama crowd a bit? They were Yes'ing the hell out of the main event. Hopefully this creates a bit of friction between Bryan and Shield but not too much friction.

I know, I know, I got what I wanted, stop complaining, get off Bryan's pole yadda yadda yadda

Bryan was getting married. Give me a break.

Sephzilla

How about a 2014 Allied Powers team with Barrett and Swagger?

Just so I can hear that theme again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW9lLw-h_Kw

It sounds like a Mega Man X level. I like it.

Because until recently actual wrestling talent hadn't mattered in the women's division for a while. I think Fox will start to get more air time now that some of the NXT talent is coming up to the main roster.

charsace

I think you've never seen her talk if you think she's charismatic. She's been given shots before, but she's near Jack Swagger level of "good in the ring, terrible at character".

She does the after show for Total Divas and the few times I've seen that she does pretty good. She has charisma. She's one of the few divas that can get a reaction.

Kane been in some weird shit too

*flowcharts*
Look at that storied history, that adaptability to many roles and recovery from storylines that would've killed careers as swiftly being in a John Cena monster of the month storyline, including a Cena storyline no less.

To think this doesn't even go as far as comedy tag team with Bryan and Corporate makeover. Anything can happen with Kane, that's what makes this ride so fun.

Fucks sake, just realized I was watching Uncensored '96 when I should have been on '97. On the plus side, I never realized there was a hobo DDP gimmick at one point, which was pretty fantastic.

It was amazing. spy shots of him washing cars. God those were the days.

Cena was terrible tonight but his "no one wants to see me get a push" line was amazing.

Cena might be one of the worst promo's I have ever seen from a top star.
Every week the same shit repackaged in a different way. If he wants to be Capt America for his entire career, at least he can just make little subtle changes, and add nuances to freshen up his character.

I can't even begin to explain my disdain for him.

Top Bottom