• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

I'm still going through Raw don't get why you guys hate it so much. The actual matches have all been terrific for a Raw. I guess you guys don't watch for the wrassles though. I'm on Swagger vs Sheamus.

I thought it was good. I think people just has raised expectations from last week. This week was never going to be last week, not even close. I think some people failed to realize that.

Steve Lombardi: Brooklyn Brawler, Doink the Clown, Kim Chee, Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz/The M.V.P., Boston Brawler

Brian Adams: Demolition Crush, Kona Crush, heel Japanese sympathizer crush, NOD/DOA Brian Adams, KroniK Brian Adams

Nelson Frazier, Jr.: Mabel, Viscera, Big Vis, Big Daddy V

John Layfield: Justin "Hawk" Bradshaw, Blackjuack Bradshaw, Bradshaw, John "Bradshaw" Layfield

Dennis Knight: Phineas I. Godwinn, Dennis Knight, Mideon, Naked Mideon,

Monty Kip Sopp: Smoking Gunn Billy Gunn, Rockabilly, "Bad Ass" Billy Gunn, Mr. Ass, Billy G., "The One" Billy Gunn, Billy

Aiii

So not worth it
- Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling announced that they have signed a deal with 25/7 Productions and Dave Broome, the creator of NBC’s The Biggest Loser. No TV deal is in place yet but 25/7 will be producing GFW TV shows.

Broome said in a press release that was only released in .jpg form:

"It's easy to get excited about Global Force Wrestling when you get to know Jeff Jarrett and see his passion and understand his vision. He's eager to bring a new perspective to professional wrestling, and we're eager to help him achieve that goal."

The press release also touted how GFW has over 500 talents in their database. The Hollywood Reporter did an article on GFW and notes that they plan on running 52 weeks per year as competition to WWE and TNA. Jarrett and Broome are currently shopping TV rights to matches -- which will air both live and live-to-tape -- as well as unscripted fare. Broome says interest has been high from both major broadcast and cable networks.

"It just won't be a bunch of wrestling matches; we have exciting announcements to come. TNA or WWE right now is match after match after match. Global Force Wrestling is not going to do that. There will be matches but there will be a lot more and a lot more variety placed into the actual events that will be really innovative and fresh," Broome said.

Look at that storied history, that adaptability to many roles and recovery from storylines that would've killed careers as swiftly being in a John Cena monster of the month storyline, including a Cena storyline no less.

To think this doesn't even go as far as comedy tag team with Bryan and Corporate makeover. Anything can happen with Kane, that's what makes this ride so fun.

Kane is like bizarro Chavo Guerrero, in that he is always over despite being on one shit feud after another and doesn't exactly have a string of ***** matches to look back upon, where Chavo had his last name, was part of Smackdown Six, and had high profile feuds with hugely popular Rey Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero and nobody ever gave a shit about him.

styl3s

"It just won't be a bunch of wrestling matches; we have exciting announcements to come. TNA or WWE right now is match after match after match. Global Force Wrestling is not going to do that. There will be matches but there will be a lot more and a lot more variety placed into the actual events that will be really innovative and fresh," Broome said.
But.. But i don't want shitty storytelling that is going to be shitty.

The reason PWG/ROH/NJPW etc. are so great (at least their DVDs) is that it gets down to brass tax. I don't want to see a 30 minute promo from a wrestler i can't stand.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm binge watching Blue Mountain State and one of the actors is randomly wearing a TNA shirt, why?

Shitty television. Why do you watch shit?

Why not binge watch a year of ESPN's Bodyshaping?

BHZ Mayor

I was just watching the Kennel From Hell match out of morbid curiosity, and at one point, the dogs started mating. Then Kevin Kelly starts talking some complete stupidity about what if the dogs give birth at ringside. Because apparently dogs have the ability to go from conception to birth in the span of a wrestling match.

The match as a whole was pretty damn bad. The dogs played no role whatsoever. It could have been a normal cage match and played out almost identically.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was just watching the Kennel From Hell match out of morbid curiosity, and at one point, the dogs started mating. Then Kevin Kelly starts talking some complete stupidity about what if the dogs give birth at ringside. Because apparently dogs have the ability to go from conception to birth in the span of a wrestling match.

The match as a whole was pretty damn bad. The dogs played no role whatsoever. It could have been a normal cage match and played out almost identically.

Yes, it is garbage 100%. If I could I'd have stopped you from doing this.

jred2k

So I'm binge watching Blue Mountain State and one of the actors is randomly wearing a TNA shirt, why?

Like Boose said, it aired on Spike. There may have even been a point that they were on the same night.

I wonder if any TNA wrestler has ever been one of the actors on Deadliest Warrior. They could probably use the paycheck.

strobogo

Banned
I mean, you don't see Ricky Morton wearing his York Foundation gear when the Rock 'n Roll Express reunite every month.

Well, Morton never changed his gear when he turned heel, so there is nothing to change.

Stro is a confirmed racist and has been for a while.
You on the other hand...you let me down man.

17160%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20crying%20edge%20gif%20head_shake%20wwe.gif

Hey ASSHOLE I am not racist. I just think Ron Simmons wasn't a good singles wrestler.

A few notes on Stro's Day Out:

Yats is still awesome. Chicken Creole ALL DAY, son. I went to a hipster grocery that my boy D-Brine would be proud of. NO brand names except on the booze. All the shelves were wood. In fact, the whole god damn store was wood. Just wood everywhere. Everything was organic and free trade.

I also passed this place:

14-4634AA:shop_photo1.jpg

BO is really going to be a star! They've already named stores after him!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bokay! Sounds like a fun day.

I gotta find $2k lying around to break my lease.

Vylash

WWE today announced that WrestleMania 30 reached a record 1 million households in the U.S. alone on WWE Network and pay-per-view combined, the first time WrestleMania has eclipsed this mark domestically. With more than 667,000 WWE Network subscribers in the U.S. and nearly 400,000 domestic pay-per-view buying homes for WrestleMania 30, WWE is confident that it will reach its goal of 1 million subscribers by the end of 2014.

Wow

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
To elaborate on my choice of Charles Wright:
Papa Shango
The Godfather
The Goodfather
Baron Smedly
Kama "The Supreme Fighting Machine"
Kama Mustafa
Pimp Father
Rocky Las Vegas
Sir Charles
The Soultaker

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is Adam Rose saying, 'Bunnies, I love bunnies!' the worst thing ever? It's up there with Teddy Hart, Natalya, and Vince Russo, that's for sure.

BHZ Mayor

Yes, it is garbage 100%. If I could I'd have stopped you from doing this.

It's cool. I wanted to see how bad it was for myself. It's also a perfect example of bad commentary making a match even worse. Kevin Kelly's aforementioned stupidity plus Mick Foley trying his damndest to sell the non-existent brutality/edginess of the match is just lols.

somedevil

We should play a game on who from the "wrestling" media said this in reply with this news:

WWE is playing fast and loose with the numbers. We don't have a percentage of how many Network subscribers actually watched WM30, but assuredly a material amount of subscribers did not watch WM30, either because they watched with buddies, ordered the Network for the tape library, were not into the current product and skipped Mania, or for some other reason. Also, WWE believing they can convert 400,000 people who were willing to spend $60+ on WM30 when a $9.99 option was available into Network subscribers is a stretch.

edit: Specific to the domestic PPV buys figure, 400,000 for WM30 compares to 650,000 for WM29 last year and 715,000 for WM28 in 2012.

Hasney

Finally found a number. Wrestlemania 29 got 662k buys in the US alone, so they only took a hit of 200k PPV buys while adding 600k people onto a 6 month commitment. Not bad at all.

It doesn't really matter if they didn't watch it, they paid for it! POPOZAO

And I bet you can convert a decent amount of them now that they know The Network can handle it, or as it catches on more.

Top Bottom