• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

dream

I guess I just feel that, in the end, this is a form of theater where people destroy their bodies for our entertainment. Look at how Hulk walks today. He barely left his feet during his career. I don't think chair shots to the head should be a constant thing like it was in the pre-Benoit days. But one or two in the right spot, at the right time, for the sake of telling a story seems benign to me.

strobogo

Banned
HBK's bad MMO starter pants in the first Elimination Chamber are still the worst fucking thing he's worn. So gross looking.

What's worse: his pants or his hair?

He didn't expect to be back in the ring by SS, so his gear wasn't done and he got the girly hair cut not thinking he'd be wrestling. And then they both came together on the same night to make him look like a shit head. It was great.

I guess I just feel that, in the end, this is a form of theater where people destroy their bodies for our entertainment. Look at how Hulk walks today. He barely left his feet during his career. I don't think chair shots to the head should be a constant thing like it was in the pre-Benoit days. But one or two in the right spot, at the right time, for the sake of telling a story seems benign to me.

Hulk's in bad shape because of the leg drop. Other things yes, but mainly the leg drop. Which is why I'm glad Fandango stopped doing the top rope leg drop. The problem with doing one or two is that one or two turns into three or four and onward. I'd rather them just be banned outright.

Also, destroying the body and destroying the brain are two totally different things.

Random scuttlebutt here, but it seems for the Ian Rotten/Jeff Jarrett situation...may be not as reported

In that anything Ian said was complete bullshit, and the only thing that is truthful is that Ian didn't pay him what he was owed and they talked about it

Also, I have a strong feeling that Ian booked him for this exact fucking purpose

Downhome

i69Vu9t.gif

Carnby

I accidentally opened the Manga thread, and read the last page all while thinking "Are those two STILL talking about comics?! ugh."

Then I realized I was in the Manga thread and not WrassleGAF. Now I'm here. True story.

Sblargh

Banned

This gif. Goddamn.

Also, Heyman was spot on on the Steve Austin show. Blood is ok to tell a story, you want to tell a story about a brutal match, blood is ok, it's not used on the WWE due to sponsorship reasons, but it's ok. Blading has zero long term consequences.

Chair shots, piledrivers, AJ Styles "please don't tuck your chin or you will die". Those we can totally live without. They could do more stuntman stuff in general in hardcore matches using scenic tricks, tho.

This gif. Goddamn.

Also, Heyman was spot on on the Steve Austin show. Blood is ok to tell a story, you want to tell a story about a brutal match, blood is ok, it's not used on the WWE due to sponsorship reasons, but it's ok. Blading has zero long term consequences.

Chair shots, piledrivers, AJ Styles "please don't tuck your chin or you will die". Those we can totally live without. They could do more stuntman stuff in general in hardcore matches using scenic tricks, tho.

Agreed. Only thing blading does is make your forehead look like New Jack, and who wouldn't want to look like New Jack.

Big One

Banned
I wonder if WWE is going to treat Sting like they treat all the other old guys and act like he had a storied career in WWE. i'd be ok with that, really don't want to see him wrestling ever again.

strobogo

Banned
This gif. Goddamn.

I don't know, I thought I didn't have a problem with blood, but then I saw a bunch of HBK and/or HHH matches from 2002-2006ish where they were just disgustingly bloody for no real reason that added anything to the story of the match other than "Well, Ric used to blade all the time for no reason".

Those two more or less killed the idea of blading to me during that period. They would bleed SO fucking much and it almost never made sense in the context of the match. Backlash 2006, for example. It's a triple threat between Edge, Cena, and HHH. There is no story reason why anyone would need to tap an artery. It isn't some kind of intense blood feud here. Yet HHH takes a slingshot into the ring post and has one of the most disgusting and thickest crimson masks I've ever seen just because. It legitimately looked like someone threw a bucket of red paint on his face, let it dry, then threw 3 more on it. I'm really not sure I've seen someone have that thick of a coating of blood on his face. Watch while he's in the STF and it is impossible not be be disgusted. And it wasn't like it was some brutal match or anything. It was a pretty normal triple threat. Very standard. If anyone had to be busted open, it should have been between Edge and Cena, since their feud seemed a lot more personal than Cena/HHH. But the match wasn't structured to be that kind of match, so HHH randomly covered in blood made no sense and was just stupid and gross.

HBK did the same thing at WM20. That match really didn't call for a massive blade job. Those two seemed to have a contest for a few years to see who could bleed more every other month on PPV. Those two alone spilled more blood than the entire Attitude Era I think.

All that said, blood SHOULD be an option for a few matches per year. We don't need guys busted open all the time, but something like Taker/HHH at WM28 really should have had some blood.

ibv3lpC3dSrulh.gif

Vylash

I wonder if WWE is going to treat Sting like they treat all the other old guys and act like he had a storied career in WWE. i'd be ok with that, really don't want to see him wrestling ever again.

"Sting was the face of WCW, he then proceeded to work in a morgue for 13 years before making his return to wrestling"

Top Bottom