• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Rusev... man. he's big but no striations. short (for a hoss). non-threatening face. non-imposing.

i know folks gonna say "muscle mark, gimmick, bla bla" but imagine Pudz coming out with Lana:

tumblr_m3m0zbasHf1rs4ej4o1_500.jpg

what a specimen. show clips of his Strongman stuff, pulling planes and lifting cars and shit, have him ragdoll Zack Ryder or some other jobber around. people would be awe.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Pudz would be a fucking revelation for WWE, would be unbelievable. Rusev also has a super nice face and at certain angles looks like The Zimmer Man. Good physique but not cut up. I like Rusev.

Cesaro the only problem I think is that he is an even weaker promo than Bryan. Means he would need to improve or always needs a manager. The thing is I don#t think Heyman can always be that guy.

Hell, I don't think Heyman should be that guy now. As said upthread by others, his moves garners cheers. Heyman's current shtick gets him boos. It leaves the crowd divided or confused.

Rusev... man. he's big but no striations. short (for a hoss). non-threatening face. non-imposing.

i know folks gonna say "muscle mark, gimmick, bla bla" but imagine Pudz coming out with Lana:

what a specimen. show clips of his Strongman stuff, pulling planes and lifting cars and shit, have him ragdoll Zack Ryder or some other jobber around. people would be awe.

Don't need striations brah. Just being a big mother fucker is more than enough.

I do agree with you about him just ragdolling people. Like when Brock made his debut. That was something else.

Sephzilla

Would he make it past a drug test?

Vylash

This walking wellness policy violation looks hideous

XenoRaven

The gimmick accusations don't come from people not liking Bryan, thinking he's small, liking big guys, etc. It's this idea that he shouldn't be in the main event, shouldn't have the belt, and is bad for the business. Meanwhile people buy tickets to see him, they buy PPVs to see him, he gets the biggest pops of anyone on the roster, but he shouldn't be in that spot.

I get that people miss the days where wrestlers were big. May I point you to the WWE Network and it's massive vault of historical content? Because that's not the way things are anymore. Big legit dudes don't become wrestlers, they become football players, body builders, or MMA fighters. Plus, the majority of people aren't tuning in for striations, they're tuning in for entertainment. And Bryan is one of the most entertaining guys on the roster now. That's all that matters.

That's why I label people as gimmick posters. Hate Bryan all day, whatever. But he belongs where he's at right now. Will it last forever? Maybe not. But it's working right now.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Hell, I don't think Heyman should be that guy now. As said upthread by others, his moves garners cheers. Heyman's current shtick gets him boos. It leaves the crowd divided or confused.

I read a rumor that they've penciled in Lesnar vs Cesaro for WM31, so that might just be long-term booking for the angle... But this is the WWE so who knows.

Xater

The gimmick accusations don't come from people not liking Bryan, thinking he's small, liking big guys, etc. It's this idea that he shouldn't be in the main event, shouldn't have the belt, and is bad for the business. Meanwhile people buy tickets to see him, they buy PPVs to see him, he gets the biggest pops of anyone on the roster, but he shouldn't be in that spot.

I get that people miss the days where wrestlers were big. May I point you to the WWE Network and it's massive vault of historical content? Because that's not the way things are anymore. Big legit dudes don't become wrestlers, they become football players, body builders, or MMA fighters. Plus, the majority of people aren't tuning in for striations, they're tuning in for entertainment. And Bryan is one of the most entertaining guys on the roster now. That's all that matters.

That's why I label people as gimmick posters. Hate Bryan all day, whatever. But he belongs where he's at right now. Will it last forever? Maybe not. But it's working right now.

Even MMA "big guys" are not as big as wrestling big guys because they would gas way too fast.

Xeno raven summed it up . It's not the 80s anymore where there was an emphasis on looking like a Greek god

People want to be entertained now a days , there less emphasis on physique .

Phatmac

#TeamBryan I'm secretly #TeamBrock but he probably won't get the title for long considering that he doesn't show up on Raw ever week which is a shame.

#TeamBryan I'm secretly #TeamBrock but he probably won't get the title for long considering that he doesn't show up on Raw ever week which is a shame.
That works in the titles favor . Champ doesn't have to show up to beat some jobber . He should show up when he wants.

Brock as champ would be so good

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Xeno raven summed it up . It's not the 80s anymore where there was an emphasis on looking like a Greek god

And that's a shame. A damn shame. It's cyclical though. The days of giants will return.

EDIT: As sexy as Roman Reigns is I have no faith in him being the next big thing.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Cesaro/Lesnar would be awesome.

I know!

What the WWE should do is have Cesaro win the Intercontinental at extreme rules, then have him hold it for 9 months with a VERY strong title reign. Then, at Royal Rumble, both he and Lesnar will be in it, and Cesaro should eliminate him, but Cesaro will get eliminated by Paul Heyman, as he turned on The Beast Incarnate. At Elimination Chamber, Brock should surprise show up and cost Cesaro his Intercontinental defense. Cesaro will use his rematch at RAW the next night, which Brock will also screw with, causing Cesaro to challenge him at Wrestlemania. The build will be that Brock broke the streak, but Cesaro is strong enough to make it a level playing field. It'll be a long hard fought battle, but with shear force of will and strength, Cesaro will win, thus becoming the heir apparent for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. This would also make the breaking of the Streak relevant because it, in a round about way, will still put a young guy over.

Edit: Oh, and throughout the rest of the time between now and WM31, Lesnar will be undefeated, that parts kinda important.

But that makes too much sense, so the WWE will never do that.

Heel

Look I welcome any form of criticism as long as it's backed up because it's an opinion. It gets too boring if ALL of us loves Daniel Bryan and that's why we have avatar bets and the like so we could debate and have rapport. I always like seeing the other side of the coin.

But can we all agree that Eva Marie is TERRIBLE?

Well said, Duncan. I think the only "gimmick" being worked here is sparking intelligent discussion, and this community is better for it.

I apologize to anyone who believed Sunday Night Heat was still taping.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well said, Duncan. I think the only "gimmick" being worked here is sparking intelligent discussion, and this community is better for it.

I apologize to anyone who believed Sunday Night Heat was still taping.

You and your Sunday Night Heat jokes!
image.php

somedevil

Are there still people out there that care about them looking like those guys on all the roids in the 80's?

Right now the people who the most over have good characters. good work rate or both. Nobody is getting over without that these days.

Phatmac

Something that's been bothering me is that the titty master still has the US title which he hasn't defended since main event. I don't see the shield breaking up anytime soon so you might as well give it to someone who needs a title to get some attention.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Are there still people out there that care about them looking like those guys on all the roids in the 80's?

Right now the people who the most over have good characters. good work rate or both. Nobody is getting over without that these days.

They're not mutually exclusive though. You can have a giant who is a great character and even sometimes a good workrate. I love Andre, even up until the end when he was nearly immobile.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Something that's been bothering me is that the titty master still has the US title which he hasn't defended since main event. I don't see the shield breaking up anytime soon so you might as well give it to someone who needs a title to get some attention.

Speaking of Dean Titty Master Ambrose, this was spotted:
NjFyiwf.png

Sblargh

Banned
See, this is what is fucked up. I pay 10 bucks for the WWE Network and 5 bucks for the Unblock-US, so that's 15 dollars a month for all the insane content the network can give me.

Now I have to pay the same 15 dollars to see the Shimmer iPPV, which I think will be fun and all, but it's kind of saying 3 hours of Shimmer > Entire WWE history.

Talk me into it, GAF.

jred2k

Eventually he'd have to be in matches longer than three minutes which would lead to him gassing and having boring matches filled with rest holds and everyone would stop giving a shit just as quick as they started.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
See, this is what is fucked up. I pay 10 bucks for the WWE Network and 5 bucks for the Unblock-US, so that's 15 dollars a month for all the insane content the network can give me.

Now I have to pay the same 15 dollars to see the Shimmer iPPV, which I think will be fun and all, but it's kind of saying 3 hours of Shimmer > Entire WWE history.

Talk me into it, GAF.

Shimmer is really fucking good most of the time and it's definitely worth it. Maybe not if you're comparing it, but Shimmer almost never is a waste of the money you put down on it. You definitely will get $15 worth.

Top Bottom