• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Verendus

Banned
I meant started posting TODAY after a bit of a hiatus. I know who you are, I've been watching via the rafters.
Well, I actually posted last week or something once after my 'hiatus'. I have a life and responsibilities and I also went to Wrestlemania and saw your hero. He sucked by the way.

Marvel

could never
I think his haircut would count as part of his body.

natalyagroomstyson.gif

Gone but never forgotten, brother.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to do my dissertation on the crossover between MRA's and wrestling fans.

You can do it in audio form. Measure the pop when a woman is threatened by violence and compare it to the pop when Bryan's music hits.

Ithil

Darren Young is out with a torn ACL, he had surgery to repair it today. Usually takes 10+ months to recover from.

Not that he was doing anything, but it's still a sucky injury.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Darren Young is out with a torn ACL, he had surgery to repair it today. Usually takes 10+ months to recover from.

Fortunately he can join Otunga and work on their Be A Star campaign. He can work without working!

Hasney

Just got to Spring Stampede 97 and got the "HOGAN, WE COMING FOR YOU NIGGA" promo. Love how Booker has to turn away from the camera to not corpse and Sherri is laughing while looking like she's trying to comfort him afterwards.

Rapstah

So is he done then? Seems like an excuse not to renew his contract next time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just got to Spring Stampede 97 and got the "HOGAN, WE COMING FOR YOU NIGGA" promo. Love how Booker has to turn away from the camera to not corpse and Sherri is laughing while looking like she's trying to comfort him afterwards.

I kept waiting for this to appear in the Countdown show of the Biggest Blunders but I guess WWE wants to distance themselves from it 100%.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
You can do it in audio form. Measure the pop when a woman is threatened by violence and compare it to the pop when Bryan's music hits.

This place is an anomaly as far as wrestling communities go. At every live event I have been to, its full of mouth breathing MRAs and biggots. Maybe it's because this GAF is mostly young(ish) liberals but the general wrasslin fan that I have encountered in the wild is not good people.

and yeah no one said Pudz would be a good speaker, but when you have two pages of people trying to downplay Bryan for his lack of mic skills than posting pics and being in awe of Pudz kind of makes arguments against Bryan pointless.

Also, even if they did bring in Pudz his finisher would probably be something stupid like a hip toss. They always give their big guys terrible finishers now. Bork was the last one to get a real finisher. If he's not powerbombing people through the ring muscles mean nothing

Pudz would come with Lana. his promos would consist of "if he dies, he dies" and "i will break you".

that's it.

and his cardio condition is amazing for a guy his size. after 5 intense minutes he can still go:

ibi7XfPs6bSRsk.gif

but like Vince said, Pudz is a pipe dream.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Help me again, GAF.

Current indy promotions. Which I should follow and which I should stay away?

PWG is pretty darn fun most of the time. RoH is shaping up to be a ton of fun too.

Help me again, GAF.

PWG (Best in the USA)
ROH
AAW
DGUSA/EVOLVE (hit or miss really, they can be a bit too much for me)
AIW (Enjoyable but at times, they seem real bush league as far as production goes)

Stay far away from CZW

CZW really isn't that bad. They have their good moments. It isn't all deathmatch wrestling.

Rapstah

Based on WWE social media, a very large part of WWE's audience are Indian and Pakistani guys who think it's real and have John Cena avatars. I bet wrestling is really good for them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This place is an anomaly as far as wrestling communities go. At every live event I have been to, its full of mouth breathing MRAs and biggots. Maybe it's because this GAF is mostly young(ish) liberals but the general wrasslin fan that I have encountered in the wild is not good people.

Goes to the old axiom, not all wrestling fans are rednecks but all rednecks are wrestling fans.

Might be a local thing. WWE in Oklahoma events really don't have an overbearing amount of MRA style people and I expect it. I mean don't get me wrong, we have toothless yokels yelling "HE CHEATIN REF BEAT HIS AYASSSSSSS" shit but it's not woman-hating stuff.

Kaladin

I bought Elder Scrolls Online and I learned something from it.

I'm done with MMORPGs. I don't have time for them. It doesn't matter what franchise it is, or how hyped I get for it, I just don't have time for them. I'm playing this game maybe 5 - 10 hours on a weekend, tops, and that's not getting my money out of a $15 / month sub. I would love it if it were single player, but it's not...so I don't have the time to invest in it to make it worth it to play.

MMORPGs are a young man's game. I'll stay offline where I can go at my own pace, drop a game and come back to it months later if I choose to.

Sblargh said:
Help me again, GAF.

PROGRESS;

http://progresswrestling.com/

You can get all the shows from their download store - grab the latest show, Chapter 11, and I promise you won't be disappointed.

US indy wise, PWG, ROH, AIW and SHIMMER are all worth checking out.

Where are they falling short in particular?

I think it's a combination of things - there are fewer truly big guys in wrestling these days and the WWE in-ring style has moved on to a degree so that it's harder for big guys to stand out on size alone. This is why I'm always saying guys like Ryback should be suplexing and powerbombing fools left and right. Brock's the only one who comes across as a legit monster. Although, I'm liking the old-school booking of Rusev at present and think Luke Harper will be amazing if he ever gets a singles run, I just think that the big guys need to do more to come across as imposing in a reality where guys the size of Bryan can win the title.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I guess I should start a female wrestling promotion to complete the trifecta of names. You got your SHIMMER, you got your SHINE

It's my turn, entering the world with SPARKLE.

strobogo

Banned
Huge success. Strong as fuck margarita, great salsa, warm chips, delicious taco, great enchilada, some thing I don't even know what it was but it was dope and had mole sauce, and my first tamale. I don't know why I never gave tamales a chance. They are delightful. My favorite part of eating Mexican is the coma that comes about an hour later.

Verendus

Banned
WWE 2k14 is really enjoyable as local multiplayer, but fatal-4-way last man standing matches in Day of Reckoning 2 are the go to match. All CAWs have running finishers, so it's wonderful to finisher someone out of a finisher. With elimination rules too, eliminated people are still in but outside of the ring, so they can still cause chaos and alliances are made and broken. It's fantastic, chaotic fun.
The best thing would be a fully customisable match mode.

Just allow us to create whatever.

Three on Three Tornado Tag? Possible. Same match with Elimination Rules? Or Iron Man rules? Or inside Hell In A Cell with Elimination Rules or Iron Man rules? TLC?

5 way match with Elimination or Iron Man? 5 way match inside Hell in a Cell? 5 way match in TLC?

Two vs Two vs Two Tag Team triple threat Iron Man? Elimination? TLC? How about TLC inside Hell in a Cell?

And so on. Why does the game limit matches the way it does? It's like they're half way there with the match options, but someone needs to sit their asses down, and tell them, 'This is the real potential if you take it all the way.' Just put the tools there and let the players make the match they want. It would be the best thing they've ever done.

Yeah, my main feeling of shame that I'm watching wrestling again (out of fuckin NOWHERE) is connected to how I perceive wrestling fans, and how I think I'd be perceived if I ever talked about it anywhere out of here. This thread is surprisingly good about pretty much everything, actually. Maybe our shared shame humanises the thread (sorry if people aren't ashamed and it's just me).

But it does make sense - WWE is this unbelievably corporate thing with all these right wing overtones, with such a strong fanbase in the south. For all the talk about the current PG era being a bit bland, it sure makes it a lot easier to stomach when we're not seeing things like Vince ordering Trish to strip and crawl around in the ring and other such Attitude era jank.

Hasney

Having a pretty great night. WCW on TV, house to myself, Gentleman Jack and playing Fortune Street on Wii. Girlfriend has ending up loving the game, so I'm unlocking some more boards and that fucking Nintendo rubber band AI is in full effect. Malenko/Benoit for the US title is a great match and Regal V Prince Iukea surprised me. Regal was so fucking brutal back then it was awesome. Really wish he'd be a main show announcer or a manager for someone.

Ithil

Based on WWE social media, a very large part of WWE's audience are Indian and Pakistani guys who think it's real and have John Cena avatars. I bet wrestling is really good for them.

And they're god awful fans judging by anything I've seen of them. Pretty much all they seem to is insult absolutely everything that happens for no reason and demand more John Cena and only John Cena.
I wonder how they haven't gotten bored.

Hasney

The best thing would be a fully customisable match mode.

Just allow us to create whatever.

Three on Three Tornado Tag? Possible. Same match with Elimination Rules? Or Iron Man rules? Or inside Hell In A Cell with Elimination Rules or Iron Man rules? TLC?

5 way match with Elimination or Iron Man? 5 way match inside Hell in a Cell? 5 way match in TLC?

Two vs Two vs Two Tag Team triple threat Iron Man? Elimination? TLC? How about TLC inside Hell in a Cell?

And so on. Why does the game limit matches the way it does? It's like they're half way there with the match options, but someone needs to sit their asses down, and tell them, 'This is the real potential if you take it all the way.' Just put the tools there and let the players make the match they want. It would be the best thing they've ever done.

That would be much better. Royal Rumble elimination style table match? Fuck yes. The 4-way last man standing in DoR is great, but I kept thinking "I wish I could have this inside HIAC"

strobogo

Banned
I'm going to finish off the little bit of booze I have left and watch some wrasslin as I ease into the Mexican food coma. Very successful day.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
And they're god awful fans judging by anything I've seen of them. Pretty much all they seem to is insult absolutely everything that happens for no reason and demand more John Cena and only John Cena.
I wonder how they haven't gotten bored.

They keep getting more Cena. They get what they ask for!

Sblargh

Banned
Well, I'm buying wrestlemania week Shimmer event; AAW has an hour long free thingie on their site, so I'll watch it too. Shine has a live event coming up in two days, maybe I can drink enough to convince myself to spend money in not one, but two wrasslin' iPPVs.

PWG looks interesting, maybe next month I'll try something of them. AIW looks extra low budget to me for some reason and the rest will just have to wait, lots of homework to do already! Thanks GAF!

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Well, I'm buying wrestlemania week Shimmer event; AAW has an hour long free thingie on their site, so I'll watch it too. Shine has a live event coming up in two days, maybe I can drink enough to convince myself to spend money in not one, but two wrasslin' iPPVs.

PWG looks interesting, maybe next month I'll try something of them. AIW looks extra low budget to me for some reason and the rest will just have to wait, lots of homework to do already! Thanks GAF!

It's only a matter of time before you leave WWE behind and ascend to true wrasslin Nirvana.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's only a matter of time before you leave WWE behind and ascend to true wrasslin Nirvana.

DIAMOND DALLAS TRAAAAASH

SHE DOESNT NEED TO GET TO NIRVANA
TO SEE THE BIG DIPPER

I think I've got my Big Poppa Pump promos mixed up.

Top Bottom