• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

You know what would be real interesting to really get perspective on this whole Daniel Bryan thing? Make an OT thread about him and ask what people who fell off wrestling or never even watched it think of THE CURRENT WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION.

Gotta be objective as possible through and through. Basically one giant focus group.

haha damn that Divas battle royal on main event. DEAD SILENCE for the divas entrances even for megastar Eva Marie. Eva Marie trying her hardest to make the division interesting with her wrestling skills.I love going to tumblr and seeing people fight over the divas like they matter like they still aren't a piss break. Sit down marks

Hasney

My brother was a truck driver and made fucking bank before he had a kid. Loved riding in that truck as a kid and pretending i was in Over the Top

Someone posted in OT here or some other forum that some bus drivers in Seattle make 6 figures. If anyone's in that area, it may be a career worth looking into if you can handle the general public.

You know what would be real interesting to really get perspective on this whole Daniel Bryan thing? Make an OT thread about him and ask what people who fell off wrestling or never even watched it think of THE CURRENT WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION.

Gotta be objective as possible through and through. Basically one giant focus group.

iqGuBtv3A2C4F.gif

Hasney

Really glad Hogan was unavailable for Spring Stampede '97. DDP V Savage had a 2 month build and the match is so fantastic it deserved the main event. Good PPV from top to bottom really.

haha damn that Divas battle royal on main event. DEAD SILENCE for the divas entrances even for megastar Eva Marie. Eva Marie trying her hardest to make the division interesting with her wrestling skills.I love going to tumblr and seeing people fight over the divas like they matter like they still aren't a piss break. Sit down marks
This fucking forum talks about the stupid divas division more than anything else then doesn't care about them either, just talking about them.

My brother was a truck driver and made fucking bank before he had a kid. Loved riding in that truck as a kid and pretending i was in Over the Top

You can make a nice living. Plus you get to see the country fly by from the highway. It has plenty of negatives though. Sleeping in the truck, truckstops, pissy shippers, and lot lizards (aka truckstop hookers). It's also a real bitch trying to stay swoll (that's what the kids call being buff nowadays right?) and eating right is tough. Being away from home for long stretches is brutal.

Marvel

could never
It's been too long since Brock was Champ... man I think him and Bryan would put on a clinic.

Edit: I would like to see the Brock Lock used in that match.

Hasney

Shit, DDP won with Patrick as the ref. Reminded me about DDP on Austins podcast talking about this feud and Savage having creative control, so they asked him what he wanted to do and he said "Wellll, I feel like taking a Diamond Cutter tonight". That was fucking ace.

Based on the Raw script, Eva Marie counts as an NXT Diva, so I agree with you here.

I'm willing to give her a chance to improve if she's dedicated. When Summer Rae came in, everyone backstage thought she wouldn't be dedicated and she surprised the hell out of them with how hard she has worked. She's become pretty good too, especially with her character down in NXT. If Eva is willing to do the same, I'll give her a chance.

zychi

Banned
Truck driver. Good living hardly some glamorous position like others here. I bring you all that cool shit you love to buy. Like food and booze.

Go ahead make your jokes I've heard them all 15 times already.

Every truck driver I've ever met in my life was an asshole. The one who happened to come into my lane while playing with his phone, and destroyed my car officially made my hatred for truckers permanent. I got royally fucked over by that accident. Shit happens ALL THE TIME at a specific spot where Illinois and Indiana meet, and the cop just shrugged it off and let him leave after his statement was "I don't know what happened, I drive truck for living." Meanwhile, I'm stuck without a car, the cop is calling the most expensive tow company in the world, and I have a broken wrist from a fucking truck driver who doesn't check his mirrors or use turn signals on a bridge.

One giant scam is the highway system/state cops/trucking industry

shine18_ippv.jpg

SHINE Championship Match: Ivelisse (c) vs. Saraya Knight

SHINE Tag Team Championship Match: Leva Bates & Mia Yim (c) vs. Madison Eagles & Evie

Ybor City Street Fight: Jessicka Havok vs. Allysin Kay (w/ April Hunter)

Mercedes Martinez vs. Serena Deeb (w/ April Hunter)

Amazing Kong (w/ Daffney) vs. Nikki Storm
Four Way Freestyle: Kellie Skater vs. Kay Lee Ray vs. Justine Silver vs. Kimberly (w/ Daffney)

Shanna vs. La Rosa Negra

Su Yung vs. Rhia O’Reilly

Tracy Taylor vs. Amber O’Neal

Stacked card this weekPerfect time to start watching . Paige's mom is better Tha Paige!

Serena is back wrestling
Awesome Kong!

Hasney

Fuck, now onto Slamboree '97 and all they're promoting is Mongo V some other football player. I'm not feeling Positvely Page brehs.

Nelo Ice

Banned
What does most of Wrasslegaf do for a living?
Retail for shittastic min wage :( and part time at that. Looking for full time and at least $10 an hour somewhere. Currently have no direction in school either and turning 24 this year but if anything in August I'll be going to Orlando for 5 months for the Disney College Program. Hoping that will give me some direction, personal growth, and networking opportunities.

Hasney

To be honest, I wouldn't mind the champ not wrestling every PPV. Every other PPV main evented with a #1 contender match would be nice too, build some other feuds out of necessity. Would be quite a nice change.

With people locked into the network anyway, a slight drop in buys wouldn't be a horrible thing.

strobogo

Banned
So you do nothing then. You never showed up to that structure fire or the 14 shootings.

I was there this weekend and there was no robocop in sight. I think I saw Virgil though.

'cism

Every truck driver I've ever met in my life was an asshole. The one who happened to come into my lane while playing with his phone, and destroyed my car officially made my hatred for truckers permanent. I got royally fucked over by that accident. Shit happens ALL THE TIME at a specific spot where Illinois and Indiana meet, and the cop just shrugged it off and let him leave after his statement was "I don't know what happened, I drive truck for living." Meanwhile, I'm stuck without a car, the cop is calling the most expensive tow company in the world, and I have a broken wrist from a fucking truck driver who doesn't check his mirrors or use turn signals on a bridge.

One giant scam is the highway system/state cops/trucking industry

I had my blow out on a bridge right around where Indiana and Illinois connect. I'm also quite sure that police/state troopers have a deal with the most expensive tow companies in every area.

zychi

Banned
'cism

I had my blow out on a bridge right around where Indiana and Illinois connect. I'm also quite sure that police/state troopers have a deal with the most expensive tow companies in every area.

The thing that pissed me off the most is I have Triple A. HE WOULDNT LET ME CALL THEM. My phone was destroyed in the crash, so I was at his mercy. It was such bullshit. My insurance company just laughed at me when I told them a trucker destroyed my car. My front end was demolished and the fucking i-pass(happened by a toll) would not cooperate and give me time stamps of the asshole cutting me off through the toll. They have no problem sending me false pictures of my license plate now(my plates are all bent and destroyed at the top from the accident, and they send me pictures of a brand new license plate everytime I "didn't pay a toll."

It's all a fucking scam. The best part, there's a state trooper who sits maybe 300 yards away from where this happened. The motherfucker didn't even come over. He stayed where he was for the speed trap.

/RAGEE

Sephzilla

To be honest, I wouldn't mind the champ not wrestling every PPV. Every other PPV main evented with a #1 contender match would be nice too, build some other feuds out of necessity. Would be quite a nice change.

With people locked into the network anyway, a slight drop in buys wouldn't be a horrible thing.

I agree, the main belt doesn't need to be defended every PPV. Every other PPV would work because it would allow for longer builds for title feuds, and also maybe let the champ do some other mini storylines inbetween as well.

Plus, having PPVs were the big title isn't always ending the show could help draw more attention to the other belts

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I agree, the main belt doesn't need to be defended every PPV. Every other PPV would work because it would allow for longer builds for title feuds, and also maybe let the champ do some other mini storylines inbetween as well.

Plus, having PPVs were the big title isn't always ending the show could help draw more attention to the other belts

What other belts?
The IC and US title have been defended like twice in the last six months. The Tag division is shit again and the Diva's division is still shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm thinking we should start a Massle Hall of Fame on Legit Shook, Sunny.

Scotty Steiner is a surefire first ballot inductee for his striational contributions and dedication to spreading the importance of size to an entire generation of fans. An ambassador to pump if there ever was one.

The Hall of Flex!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hadn't seen the Sick & Dirty one. Nice.

Hey someone make the topic about "Your new WWE Champion is:" so we can get a layman's look at the little rodent.

Top Bottom