• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Marvel

could never
Jeez you WANT everything to be about you don't you!

AdaikGz.gif

Kaladin

I'm thinking June is time for me to get a PS4. MLB The Show and EA MMA are the first must haves for me, and two games is all I need.

Hasney

Just read that WWE 2k14 surpassed Take Two's expectations. We're never going to get a good wrestling game again unless Japan suddenly shows up with a good PS4 one

I'm thinking June is time for me to get a PS4. MLB The Show and EA MMA are the first must haves for me, and two games is all I need.

Still torn on UFC, really going to need a demo. Those "in-game" shots have me dubious and their last MMA game was horrible. Going in expecting the worst though, so hope to be pleasantly surprised.

They sell the MLB games cheap over here. Grabbed the Vita one to start with and will probably get the PS4 one too now. Cross-save is awesome.

WrestleBros, I'm so damn hungry. I think I'm gonna get a breakfast burrito or two from one of the street vendors.

Rewatched Taker vs Brock. I actually like the match a hell of a lot more. The fact that no one believed that Taker would lose just made the match dull an dry. But really, it was a well done effort by both men.

Sephzilla

WrestleBros, I'm so damn hungry. I think I'm gonna get a breakfast burrito or two from one of the street vendors.

Rewatched Taker vs Brock. I actually like the match a hell of a lot more. The fact that no one believed that Taker would lose just made the match dull an dry. But really, it was a well done effort by both men.

Honestly, I still think wasting 21 years of wrestling history on a shock-value moment will go down as one of the more disliked things in wrestling history. Given the storytelling that went into the two HBK matches, the later two HHH matches, and even the Punk match, the way Taker/Brock went down felt like a huge waste. Obviously we need to weigh Taker's concussion into the equation as well, the match itself could have been a lot different.

Cagey

Banned

Been saying that since the match ended.

Jamie OD

Still torn on UFC, really going to need a demo. Those "in-game" shots have me dubious and their last MMA game was horrible. Going in expecting the worst though, so hope to be pleasantly surprised.

The fact that EA has said nothing about how the game actually plays has me worried. They've just been throwing out some "Feel The Fight" nonsense about how it looks and animates. What about info on a potential Career mode, Create A Fighter mode or Tournament mode? Zip, nada, nothing.

Hasney

I enjoyed EA MMA, and felt like it was a good building block for future games. I hope EA UFC is a good step up from that.

I thought Yukes actually spanked them, shockingly enough. Enjoyed all 3 UFC games.

Dreamcast UFC is still GOAT though. Especially when you unlock the Pro Wrestler moveset. FRANKENSTIENER.

EDIT: Just realised those guys were then tapped up to do the 2 Raw games for XBox. So they started the tradition of being able to do good MMA games and bad wrestling games which Yukes continues to this day.

Sblargh

Banned
You know, if you take juggles out of virtua fighter, it kind of is a wrestling game. I know you are all talking about graphics, but a game as slow and methodical as virtua fighter would make a great wrasslin game.

Sephzilla

The graphics for WWE games not looking like like ass would be good frosting on top of a horrible cake. The real problem is that the games themselves play like ass. I miss the simplistic yet deep nature of the N64 games.

Kaladin

bitw-ppv-rotor-1.jpg

Baltimore, MD (April 17, 2014) – Ring of Honor Wrestling Entertainment, LLC (“ROH”) today announced that they have agreed to deliver live Pay-Per-View programming starting with Ring of Honor: Best in the World 2014 emanating from Nashville, TN on Sunday June 22nd at the Nashville Fairgrounds.

For the first time ever, fans will be able to experience a marquee ROH event live at home via all major cable or satellite providers and witness next generation wrestling innovation, epic rivalries and world championship bouts.

Ring of Honor: Best in the World 2014 will feature the likes of: Matt Hardy, Kevin Steen, the Briscoe Brothers, ROH World Champion Adam Cole, “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin, Jay Lethal, as well as, Playboy cover girl and the first woman of ROH, Maria Kanellis and other elite wrestlers from ROH.

The start time for Ring of Honor: Best in the World 2014 is 8 p.m. EST / 5 p.m. PST with a runtime of 3 hours. The event is rated TV-14 and will be available in High-Definition. The suggested retail price is $24.95 (SD).

In conjunction with ROH’s debut on live Pay-Per-View, ROH has moved Ring of Honor: Best in the World 2014 from Saturday night to Sunday. Customers that have already purchased tickets for Saturday can use those tickets for Sunday. If unable to attend, ROH will provide a refund. Tickets should be mailed back to: Ring of Honor Wrestling, 2000 West 41st St., Baltimore, MD 21211. Contact: help@rohwrestling.com for questions or more information.

“We are thrilled to announce that ROH is now available live on Pay-Per-View via cable and satellite,” said Joe Koff, Chief Operating Officer of ROH. “Fans hungry for the best wrestling in the world will now have access to their favorite brand of wrestling from the comfort of their couch in stunning high definition, which is something our customers have been demanding for some time. We’re happy to deliver on that starting this June with Best in the World.”

Sephzilla

Yes.

Even in the minutes prior to Takers concussion I wasn't feeling it.

I honestly think it was a match nobody wanted. Well before the feud even started, I saw a lot of people saying they didn't want to see a Brock/Taker matchup. After the feud started, the horrible build up for the feud probably killed the interest of more people.

Then the actual match wasn't that good pre and post concussion, and then they wasted the streak on a shock value moment that thus far has ended up getting Brock & Heyman very little actual heat.

DMczaf

The whole allure of a Brock match today is that he legit throws dudes around in the ring for 15-20 mins. He could never do that with Taker, so at that point it's just watching a 50 year old man try to do physical spots his body can't do anymore.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man this conference is dope as fuck. Not used to seeing how many people the shit I do affects. It's weird but humbling.

Kaladin

Ring of Honor finally going to Live PPV would be a bigger deal if Vince hadn't just killed wrestling PPV for the masses by launching the Network.

WWE kills their PPV model, ROH picks it up.

I wonder how it'll go? Rest assured that shit won't get screwed up now, the cable/satellite networks will insure that as best as they can. Very fun to see ROH rise, though.

And BANK on the networks pushing this hard. They'll make their own damn WWE!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ready for ROH even at that price point. Will totally be worth it.

Sblargh

Banned
WWE kills their PPV model, ROH picks it up.

I wonder how it'll go? Rest assured that shit won't get screwed up now, the cable/satellite networks will insure that as best as they can. Very fun to see ROH rise, though.

I think they'll put all their chips on MMA and ignore wrestling as a whole.

At least it can't be as bad as their last PPV deal where they once only got 12 buys for a show.

Holy shit what
Story time!

I think they'll put all their chips on MMA and ignore wrestling as a whole.

Unlikely. MMA is huge but they can't really boost another 200k+ buys out of every show for that. Same with boxing, unfortunately. They need a replacement for WWE.

Also apparently the networks reached out to ROH, not the other way around? Could totally be Tales From My Ass though, so ymmv

Kaladin

You will see me front row at that show by the way. I got my GF a second row seat when they made that PPV announcement and requested one at least in my section so she'll be near me.

Should I do a Neogaf sign?

You will see me front row at that show by the way. I got my GF a second row seat when they made that PPV announcement and requested one at least in my section so she'll be near me.

You should switch your goddamn front row seat to the second row seat next to her!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Oh goddammit we've been over this

Top Bottom