• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Marvel

could never
So lame. How am I supposed to get hyped?

21rXPwL.gif

Edit: Fuck! lol

strobogo

Banned
I really dislike when guys take iconic finishes from well known guys. That's Earthquake's move, dick head. You don't see dudes doing the Stunner on NXT.

Raw64life

Only saw Mojo Rawley wrestle once against CJ Parker at NXT Arrival. While watching them I couldn't help but think that they should switch names.

Jamie OD

Holy shit what
Story time!

I'm talking from memory so let me look it up to make sure what I said wasn't bullshit. I take it you remember that ROH had a series of taped PPVs back in 2007/08. Good shows, a lot of hype from the ROH fanbase when they first began but everybody quickly lost interest. Eventually word spread around that the PPVs drew badly and were only getting double digits. At its worst they only got 12 buys from their Canadian carrier and I think it was also incredibly low in America, 19 buys on the Dish Network from what I can find online. It was a massive failure for them.

Wait, tonight's NXT has
Neville vs. Clay
? Wonder why they didn't advertise that in advance.

I almost asked who was Clay, then realized it was Brodus. He really needs a wardrobe change.

I really dislike when guys take iconic finishes from well known guys. That's Earthquake's move, dick head. You don't see dudes doing the Stunner on NXT.

And what about the Rear View?!?!?! That's Naomi's lol

Ithil

I get that Mojo has charisma and they want to get him out there fast, but he's just really total shit in the ring right now. He doesn't seem to be able to do any moves other than variations of splashes.
Should be dark matches for now.

Holy crap, I never knew that about Snuka.

My gf and I were considering getting some nosebleeders to Extreme Rules (sadly all I can swing atm), but then we realized that our daughter has a birthday party that day. I haven't been to a WWE PPV since Summerslam '98. Ah well, it'll have to wait a bit longer I suppose.

And yes, I still owe strobogo a top 5. I am very behind this week - still have the last hour of Raw to finish.

I get that Mojo has charisma and they want to get him out there fast, but he's just really total shit in the ring right now. He doesn't seem to be able to do any moves other than variations of splashes.
Should be dark matches for now.

But he used to play football man! Doesn't that impress you and make you want to see him do something totally unrelated to football?

strobogo

Banned

My gf and I were considering getting some nosebleeders to Extreme Rules (sadly all I can swing atm), but then we realized that our daughter has a birthday party that day. I haven't been to a WWE PPV since Summerslam '98. Ah well, it'll have to wait a bit longer I suppose.

And yes, I still owe strobogo a top 5. I am very behind this week - still have the last hour of Raw to finish.

You don't owe me one. You owe Sunny one. I don't demand Fave Fives. But if your Fave Five includes the Young Bucks, you're dead to me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Strobogo drives Wrasslegaf. He is the MVP for a reason. Stro runs shit up in this piece.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
2 old guys on campus screaming about Jesus and telling people they are going to hell and how this university embraces homosexuals and blah blah blah. Has anyone ever walked by one of these fools and had their mind changed?

Ithil

2 old guys on campus screaming about Jesus and telling people they are going to hell and how this university embraces homosexuals and blah blah blah. Has anyone ever walked by one of these fools and had their mind changed?

Mind changed on what direction to walk out of the college from maybe.

Hell no. Those assholes should be doing something better with their time. I hate when people try to hand you flyers about stuff when you're walking past them. If I wanted your flyer, I would talk to you buddy.

I think so. And the reason you've probably never seen Oliver Grey is because he's been out for a year with an injury. He was tag champs with Neville when he got hurt.
Ahhhhh, that explains that. He any good?

Edit:

Can't wait for CJ Parker vs Khali tonight
Forgot about this match. Thanks for reminding me :/

So many good outfits and then Renee gets the fucking Mountie.

LOL Canadian, as it were.

Natty as HBK the irony, somewhere Bret is sad
again

What if they gave her a goatee to wear?

You better fucking trade seats with someone at that show and sit next to your god damn girlfriend. Jeeeeeeezus fucking Christ that this is even a question to you means you aren't ready to have a girlfriend.

How is this even a question? YOU SIT NEXT TO YOUR DAMNED GIRLFRIEND. C'mon, man.

Marvel

could never
I guess I don't understand what they hope to achieve. Students just walk past and laugh for the most part. They occasionally bait people into confronting them but it's a liberal campus so I don't know what changes they expect to make.

I've had dealings with these sorts of people before, they can get right up in your face. I hate it.

Carnby

I was there too!

I'm talking from memory so let me look it up to make sure what I said wasn't bullshit. I take it you remember that ROH had a series of taped PPVs back in 2007/08. Good shows, a lot of hype from the ROH fanbase when they first began but everybody quickly lost interest. Eventually word spread around that the PPVs drew badly and were only getting double digits. At its worst they only got 12 buys from their Canadian carrier and I think it was also incredibly low in America, 19 buys on the Dish Network from what I can find online. It was a massive failure for them.

I was at the taping for the first PPV; I think it was called "Respect Is Earned." It was a decent show, but the crowd was definitely over-hyped, and it burned itself out fairly quickly. I think I went to the taping for Driven, and that was pretty much it.

But he used to play football man! Doesn't that impress you and make you want to see him do something totally unrelated to football?

And Rob Gronkowski was there to see him wrestle! He has mainstream appeal!

I can no longer hear people yell "Jesus" without also expecting them to follow it with "Justice Pain." Wrestling has warped my brain.

somedevil

Some interesting new from TNA:

TNA is planning on Low Ki working live events and future TV tapings. MVP is said to be a big proponent of Low Ki coming in.

- It's said that Austin Aries hasn't been used much lately because he's in the company doghouse. He had a blow-up at the recent set of TV tapings and TNA pretty much iced him.

So the questions are how long till Low Ki quits again and how long will Aries last with TNA?

Also on Why Heyman is with Cesaro:

It's interesting that WWE is handing out the "Cesaro section" signs to fans in the crowd even though Cesaro's supposed to be a heel. The plan is to create the idea that the fans want Cesaro turned while he stays with Paul Heyman and doesn't actually turn, all while giving the impression that there is a groundswell on turning him babyface. Basically they are trying to create a Daniel Bryan situation on their own this time. There's been speculation that this will lead to a Cesaro vs. Brock Lesnar match

I wonder if this will work for the WWE to create there own Daniel Bryan?

Top Bottom