• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Sblargh

Banned
Weird y'all talking about this, I dreamed that there was a lot of people on my street and a fight broke and there was a cop trying to break the fight and he had his gun and people were legit worried that he would shoot someone, suddenly the fight stops, one of the guys get a beating and everyone cheer him getting beaten up; after the cheer, everyone got on their knees and started to pray and there were some asshole bully kids behind of me and even them were praying, I just stood there, sitting, I was refusing to pray, but also hoping nobody would notice me. Of course, the asshole kids start giving me a hard time for it, they are doing their bully voice, but saying stuff like "we are condemned because of you" "he died for your sins" and catholic stuff like that and I'm just afraid that people will hear them and gang up on me next. So I just head home, which is on the same street, so now I get home and am afraid that the asshole kids will start something and they will chase me inside. I woke up shortly after that.

So, yeah, I don't think they do this to change anyone's mind, I think they do it as a scare tactic, that they exist and they are willing to yell right at your face that you are a problem to society and make you think twice about coming out because outside of the liberal college enviroment, people around might agree with them.

Can't wait for CJ Parker vs Khali tonight

Please tell me there's also an Ascension squash match on the card! NXT has been a pretty dull product as of late; they seem to be focusing on boring talent and doing the same shit week in and out. Outside of Sami, Bo, Breeze, and the women's division it's not got much going for it right now.

DMczaf

I wish the WWE tried to recreate their own Daniel Bryan using Cena just for the ridiculousness of it.

....oh wait, that was the entire 2 year build up of ONCE IN A LIFETIME :\

strobogo

Banned
When my food coma finally kicked in, I slept for about 12 hours. I hadn't slept for more than 3 in a row in weeks. Felt good. Went on a hike today. Didn't feel as good when I saw a dead and bloody snake and ran like a girl. I'm out of booze and not getting anymore for a while.

When I go back to booze, I might change to beer. Even though I don't really like beer. Seems better for you than going through 1.75 liters of whiskey every other week. I'm ready for WARRIOR WEEK to continue. StroMomo has her final chemo treatment today and she also makes salsa, so I'm going to get a tea pitcher of home made salsa and go to town on that sumbitch.

T PLUS SHARI'S BERRIES OH HELL YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I wish the WWE tried to recreate their own Daniel Bryan using Cena just for the ridiculousness of it.

....oh wait, that was the entire 2 year build up of ONCE IN A LIFETIME :\

It was the worst year of his career! It only included every PPV main event and a WM main event and beating Brock Lesnar and winning the Royal Rumble and winning MiTB.

When my food coma finally kicked in, I slept for about 12 hours. I hadn't slept for more than 3 in a row in weeks. Felt good. Went on a hike today. Didn't feel as good when I saw a dead and bloody snake and ran like a girl. I'm out of booze and not getting anymore for a while.

When I go back to booze, I might change to beer. Even though I don't really like beer. Seems better for you than going through 1.75 liters of whiskey every other week.

Progress. This is good Stro.

Marvel

could never
They're working on Cesaro's theme music too in case you guys were wondering. Hopefully it's done asap, looks hella jobber even though he's getting the W's.

Sblargh

Banned
Well, Cesaro got over on his own (and Zeb), but Cesaro being over is not manufactured, he is a kind of strongman attraction and has moves that are both difficult to execute and look great. If "making a Daniel Bryan" means creating storylines to push people who get over first because of their in-ring work, then, well, that's exactly what they should always do.

Alucard

Banned
It was the worst year of his career! It only included every PPV main event and a WM main event and beating Brock Lesnar and winning the Royal Rumble and winning MiTB.

Progress. This is good Stro.

Poor guy. And his match with The Rock was voted "Match of the Year" by the WWE fans. :(

Fuck Cena's character, booking, and voting for The Slammies.

When I go back to booze, I might change to beer. Even though I don't really like beer. Seems better for you than going through 1.75 liters of whiskey every other week. I'm ready for WARRIOR WEEK to continue.

Michelle McCool taught us all the secrets to lovin' life, and she didn't need alcohol. Worried about you sometimes, bro.

They're working on Cesaro's theme music too in case you guys were wondering. Hopefully it's done asap, looks hella jobber even though he's getting the W's.

I think having no theme but having Heyman hyping him as he walks to the ring could work really well. The issue is that Heyman won't shut up about taker, it's fine when he does it in his own time but he shouldn't go into it when he's with/leading into Cesaro. It makes Cesaro look like a huge doofus to be with a guy who's always putting somebody else over him.

It's pretty funny that they're attempting to manufacture the exact thing that happened to Cesaro when he was a Real American though. The guy doesn't need to be face to be over though; just look at his heel run on NXT.

tumblr_n453lp8stg1rk5jn4o1_400.gif

Her selling is top notch.

jred2k

I know I'm pages late, but I just wanted to say that I bet even this guy would make sure his girlfriend had a seat beside him at a wrestling show. I'm shaking my damn head so hard over here.

strobogo said:

Poor form, strobogo.

Marvel

could never
Whatever they give him better be catchy enough to let the fans sing along. I loved that with the Real American music.

strobogo

Banned
I know I'm pages late, but I just wanted to say that I bet even this guy would make sure his girlfriend had a seat beside him at a wrestling show. I'm shaking my damn head so hard over here.

Poor form, strobogo.

I guess that's 'cism. I ran like a little scaredy cat because my intense phobia of snakes only eases when it is in a WWF ring. It's the weirdest thing. Jake dumping a 15 foot snake on someone's face doesn't bother me, but seeing a 2 foot dead snake literally made me scream and run.

I really, really wish they would put Rusev in real matches. Has anyone become a big deal from squashing fools lately?
- Ryback got Cena'd and is stuck with Axel
- Clay's gimmick sucked
- Tensai failed and is now lower on the totem pole than Alex Riley.
- Sandow lol

I guess Fandango wins since he's now with Layla, but he's stuck in mixed tag matches until who knows when.

Alucard

Banned
bitw-ppv-rotor-1.jpg

Baltimore, MD (April 17, 2014) – Ring of Honor Wrestling Entertainment, LLC (“ROH”) today announced that they have agreed to deliver live Pay-Per-View programming starting with Ring of Honor: Best in the World 2014 emanating from Nashville, TN on Sunday June 22nd at the Nashville Fairgrounds.

For the first time ever, fans will be able to experience a marquee ROH event live at home via all major cable or satellite providers and witness next generation wrestling innovation, epic rivalries and world championship bouts.

Ring of Honor: Best in the World 2014 will feature the likes of: Matt Hardy, Kevin Steen, the Briscoe Brothers, ROH World Champion Adam Cole, “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin, Jay Lethal, as well as, Playboy cover girl and the first woman of ROH, Maria Kanellis and other elite wrestlers from ROH.

The start time for Ring of Honor: Best in the World 2014 is 8 p.m. EST / 5 p.m. PST with a runtime of 3 hours. The event is rated TV-14 and will be available in High-Definition. The suggested retail price is $24.95 (SD).

In conjunction with ROH’s debut on live Pay-Per-View, ROH has moved Ring of Honor: Best in the World 2014 from Saturday night to Sunday. Customers that have already purchased tickets for Saturday can use those tickets for Sunday. If unable to attend, ROH will provide a refund. Tickets should be mailed back to: Ring of Honor Wrestling, 2000 West 41st St., Baltimore, MD 21211. Contact: help@rohwrestling.com for questions or more information.

“We are thrilled to announce that ROH is now available live on Pay-Per-View via cable and satellite,” said Joe Koff, Chief Operating Officer of ROH. “Fans hungry for the best wrestling in the world will now have access to their favorite brand of wrestling from the comfort of their couch in stunning high definition, which is something our customers have been demanding for some time. We’re happy to deliver on that starting this June with Best in the World.”

I'm in just to encourage competition and because ROH has been putting out the most consistently great product in 2014.

I really, really wish they would put Rusev in real matches. Has anyone become a big deal from squashing fools lately?
- Clay's gimmick sucked
- Sandow lol

I guess Fandango wins since he's now with Layla, but he's stuck in mixed tag matches until who knows when.

Can you see Rusev Vs. Cena. Rocky IV style. Then we never hear from Rusev again, and he comes out with Tensai and Brodus and dances around.

- Clay's gimmick sucked
- Sandow lol

Well Ryback did get over by killing jobbers, but the booking after is what hurt him. Killing jobbers can work, but only for so long. I remember Koslov only fighting jobbers for like 4 or 5 months. I hated that shit.

The complete confusion for Clay's debut was pretty awesome

I hated the fact that he had absolutely no rhythm. How are you gonna be a dancing dino and can't dance.

Sandow is completely broken since I saw a clip of him on Raw and he wasn't even holding the mic like a wine glass anymore. So sad.

Yeah, it was always the little things that he did that made me like him. Then randomly he's losing every damn thing.

Sblargh

Banned
At the royal rumble they hinted Sandow would make a... ehrm... even more heel turn, but then he just faded into the background again.

Incredbily, the only one who got saved was Barrett, staying out of the ring, but still on the spotlight for a very long time and then coming back with a cool cape. That's what they should do with Sandow, keep him away from the ring, have him have a random philosophical skit like that SNL thing from years ago, and then bring him back with a cool new robe.

Edit: New Divas!

Pavaloo

Yo guys the funkasaurus was the shit. I was just getting back into RAW at the time and thought it was hilarious. Obviously for the kids, but all in good fun. Thought the fact that Brodus was terrible at dancing made it even better!

Just overstayed its welcome :(

edit: Barrett is doing what you're supposed to do! Take the time they give you and make it gold. Sandow just reads as a guy that's content with whatever to me.

Kaladin

I'm really stoked for Best In The World now, because I know Ring of Honor will bring it for their first live PPV broadcast. Can't freakin' wait.

jred2k

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.
i8pJqfAZm3KKx.gif

I'm so glad that I mainly gaf from my phone and I can't see how repulsive my avatar is.

The clothes he wears don't do him any favours, but Hayes got FAT. He wasn't ever in the greatest shape, but even going from Doc Hendrix era to that is quite the blow up.

Sblargh

Banned
The raw after occupy raw, Sandow should have stood up to HHH. But then, I guess, it would make the Shield face turn less credible, even if, you know, it already is less credible, they are just turning because we want to cheer for them.

But that was the moment to grab that mic go all "who do you think you are treating me like this?". Then he would go down against the Shield fighting. That would be a pretty good reset button, after that he could go anywhere, face or heel (feuding with the Authority for his own evil purposes). But nah, he basically went "yeah, I'm a spineless coward", "say it again" "I. Am. Worthless." "good, be squashed anyway, and good luck with your future endeavors"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sandow is as dead as dead gets. It'll be a miracle if he DOESNT ever get squashed again.

Barruh's cape is god tier. Truly good seeing them back him again. Been too long.

Striker

edit: Barrett is doing what you're supposed to do! Take the time they give you and make it gold. Sandow just reads as a guy that's content with whatever to me.
He wasn't on TV much and when he was it was for a few minutes at most, and doing his Bad News segment. He was able to do himself great work for it, more than they likely ever imagined. Prior to, he was getting weird booking all over the place. And also this:

29pdpmv_original.gif

... you know, just because.

Top Bottom