• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

How did we not mark out to Michael Hayes coming out during a house show just recently?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BouuHZBFa-Y

ifSpIMj3puJy4.gif

OMG. That entrance hahahahahahahaha. The crowd did not give a shit about Hayes either. Booker STAYS HYPE.

Alucard

Banned
Comparing any decision-making to TNA is moot. When I can get Wrestlemania in HD for $10, $25 for standard definition ROH seems a bit much. HD will probably be in the $35 range.

Most people don't have any interest in watching events on PC monitors, laptops, and phones, and don't know how to connect the net to their TV.

Anyway, I'm hopeful that ROH will get some buys from this.

I really, really wish they would put Rusev in real matches. Has anyone become a big deal from squashing fools lately?
- Ryback got Cena'd and is stuck with Axel
- Clay's gimmick sucked
- Tensai failed and is now lower on the totem pole than Alex Riley.
- Sandow lol

I guess Fandango wins since he's now with Layla, but he's stuck in mixed tag matches until who knows when.

They tried with Ryback and were planning on another push after the Cena run, but everytime they put him in the ring he completely flopped and nearly injured Bryan right before Summerslam. Bad rep is what killed him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly it depends on the content I'm getting. I will absolutely pay more for a card I am interested in. I won't compare it directly to the amount you get with the Network. It doesn't always make sense. I'm willing to pay probably $35 a month for the Network, that's how much I get out of it. Not everyone is the same. Apparently I'm also a devil because I think video games should cost more, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Alucard

Banned
Honestly it depends on the content I'm getting. I will absolutely pay more for a card I am interested in. I won't compare it directly to the amount you get with the Network. It doesn't always make sense. I'm willing to pay probably $35 a month for the Network, that's how much I get out of it. Not everyone is the same. Apparently I'm also a devil because I think video games should cost more, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

You think a video game should cost more than 60 dollars? @_@

strobogo

Banned
Most people don't have any interest in watching events on PC monitors, laptops, and phones, and don't know how to connect the net to their TV.

I would think most people buying ROH PPVs would know how to connect their internet to their TV.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You think a video game should cost more than 60 dollars? @_@
Sure. There's plenty of games I would pay MUCH more for, that's how much value they give me. I'm also not a poor so keep that in mind.

Sephzilla

With stuff like season passes and over priced DLC, they already do cost more than $60. But I'd make the case that games are already over priced at $60.

Edit: But really, the price of games are not the problem. The problem is that too many companies don't know how to manage budgets, so game budgets get grossly out of control, and then publishers think game prices need to go up.

The demographic that would be watching ROH would typically know how to watch the Network wherever they wanted.

strobogo

Banned
iBC3e5X20GePp.gif

Fave Five 90s guys I wouldn't ever want to be a jobber for

1. Steiner Brothers
2. Vader
3. Headshrinkers
4. Barbarian
5. Razor Ramon because the belly to back superplex was fucking BRUTAL

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny is an elitist wrasslin' fan.
Let that sink in for a minute.
Elitist how? Or just rich? Also at lunch something surprising happened. Will talk about it later once I'm out of this conference.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
See for me it's more of the case where Gears 3 is one of the few games that deserves its $60 price point. Everything else should be less! [rather than moving the prices up lol]
All I know is I would have gladly paid double for Gears 3 and not been disappointed.

Alucard

Banned
Sure. There's plenty of games I would pay MUCH more for, that's how much value they give me. I'm also not a poor so keep that in mind.

Okay. You gotta know that for the majority of middle class citizens, 60 bucks is a lot for a video game. Especially if it's over in under 20 hours.

Alucard

Banned
I don't keep up with games at all anymore.

The last one I bought and felt I got great value and enjoyment from was The Last Story for Wii...in January 2013. Those two weeks were magical. I played through it twice, back-to-back. So good.

And I -JUST- finally ordered a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles with a "Buy it Now" option on Ebay. :D 78 bucks with shipping included. Best price available. Impossible to find in my area at a reasonable cost.

strobogo

Banned
I'm going to add Bastien Booger as a bottom tier guy since he was terrible and couldn't do anything and you were going to get him sitting on your face.

Alucard

Banned
If you're a guy the size of Yoko, are you even able to reach the crack of your ass to wash it properly? Do you use a stick? Do you get a Japanese masseuse to do it for you?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Okay. You gotta know that for the majority of middle class citizens, 60 bucks is a lot for a video game. Especially if it's over in under 20 hours.
Well I don't typically like to equate hours available vs price, it's the whole experience to me.

In short, I'll pay more for great games I love.

Kaladin

I 100% can't believe you have a girlfriend if you've had to have the discussion twice on sitting with her or not at an indie wrestling show. I'm pretty sure you won't have one for long.

Not a discussion, she's just happy going with me and knows it was A) a difficult ticket to get and B) it was something that I got before we met.

If I had bought that ticket with her in mind, sure it wouldn't be an issue. We're actually doing a lot of things together and I'm including her in a lot of my plans that are usually solo things.

Having a girlfriend that really likes you and is happy to spend time with you enjoying a common interest is awesome. She won't get hung up on not sitting next to me, trust me.

zychi

Banned
With stuff like season passes and over priced DLC, they already do cost more than $60. But I'd make the case that games are already over priced at $60.

Edit: But really, the price of games are not the problem. The problem is that too many companies don't know how to manage budgets, so game budgets get grossly out of control, and then publishers think game prices need to go up.

wait two weeks and buy it from amazon. just got infamous SS for $41 with the pre order crap.

bjork

I guess that's 'cism. I ran like a little scaredy cat because my intense phobia of snakes only eases when it is in a WWF ring. It's the weirdest thing. Jake dumping a 15 foot snake on someone's face doesn't bother me, but seeing a 2 foot dead snake literally made me scream and run.

That's nothing to be ashamed of. I was doing yardwork and about a 6-inch lizard popped out on the patio from nowhere. I did a Kofi Kingston leap and went on the other side of the yard.

If you're a guy the size of Yoko, are you even able to reach the crack of your ass to wash it properly? Do you use a stick? Do you get a Japanese masseuse to do it for you?

I'm guessing you stand in a shower with your back to the nozzle and let water carve its way through your canyon.

Alucard

Banned
Well I don't typically like to equate hours available vs price, it's the whole experience to me.

In short, I'll pay more for great games I love.

That's cool. I just think those top tier experiences are few and far between. Very few games reach that level of feeling truly special. My short list:

Castlevania: SotN
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Final Fantasy VII
The Last Story

Just off the top of my head.

Top Bottom