• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

So what are you all eating during Wrestlemania? I'll stick with this classic:

J1iqOfC.jpg

Super hyped for Sunday. Having a viewing party with wings, chips/dip, pizza, beer, and my wife's Margaritaville. We're going Network-only, so I look forward to seeing if my gamble pays off (it won't).

Predictions:

Tag Team Champions The Usos vs. Los Matadores vs. The Real Americans vs. Ryback & Curtis Axel (Pre-Show match)
Usos are on Total Divas, so they retain.

Andre the Giant ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Don't care, but expect it to be shitty. I've been convinced it'll be Big Show, but I'm second-guessing that based on how that Raw segment ended. Would love Ziggler to win, but guessing it'll be Sheamus.

The Shield vs. Kane & The New Age Outlaws
I can't see The Shield losing here. Hopefully, this'll be NAO's fond farewell for a while (forever).

Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H
Psyched for this match. I'm predicting hijinks, leading to the main event being turned into a Fatal Fourway.

Vickie Guerrero Divas Championship Invitational
As much as I prefer AJ to any of the rest, I think she's losing it. Don't care about any of the others, so going with Naomi.

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt
Bray wins dirty. If #CenaWinsLOL, we riot.

The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar
Build-up has been shit, but Undertaker survives 18 F-5s, and chokeslams Bork for the win.

WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton vs. Batista vs. ? (Bryan and/or HHH)
Heart says Bryan wins for his Wrestlemania moment. Head (and Sunny) says Batista. But I wouldn't even be mad, because I want to see shenanigans from Stephanie and Mr. Stephanie.

Dinokill

Are you guys able to watch the WWE Network? All I'm getting is this message

"WWE Network video content is currently not available for viewing at this location"

They just need to make them use the Eco-Motion engine. That would be a huge improvement. Also have all the WWE guys scanned like the basketball players.

As I understand it, they already do scan them. The in-game system just looks like shit. With next-gen, there's no excuse for them to look the way they do anymore.

Are you guys able to watch the WWE Network? All I'm getting is this message

"WWE Network video content is currently not available for viewing at this location"
Gotten that before, a refresh usually fixes it right away.

As I understand it, they already do scan them. The in-game system just looks like shit. With next-gen, there's no excuse for them to look the way they do anymore.

Gotten that before, a refresh usually fixes it right away.
2K needs to re-do everything, the graphics, the sound, the online, just start over from scratch.

WWE games will look like this in 2025:

13604099645_fb3520aed4_h.jpg

I feel like no one takes into account that with a UFC game, you only need to render two fighters, a ref, and the crowd at all times, while only taking into account that only the fighters can contact one another. With a WWE game, you need up to (at this point) six guys, a ref, announcers, a crowd, and the possibility that any of those six guys and ref could come into contact with one another at any point. A WWE game simply isn't comparable to any other sports game because of its great variation.

Rapstah

I'm fine with CM Punk not showing up for the rest of his contract. I'm also fine with him showing up again in a year or two because I'm sure he'll only show up if they have an idea of what to do, unlike Batista. Kind of funny how this probably means he's never winning the Royal Rumble because they're never doing that to a returning guy again after this Batista run.

Sephzilla

I feel like no one takes into account that with a UFC game, you only need to render two fighters, a ref, and the crowd at all times, while only taking into account that only the fighters can contact one another. With a WWE game, you need up to (at this point) six guys, a ref, announcers, a crowd, and the possibility that any of those six guys and ref could come into contact with one another at any point. A WWE game simply isn't comparable to any other sports game because of its great variation.

You know, except for football, soccer, and basketball games

galvatron

Tag Team Champions The Usos vs. Los Matadores vs. The Real Americans vs. Ryback & Curtis Axel (Pre-Show match)
Hopefully Usos retain by Real American friction/ break up? Probably asking too much....

Battle of the jobbers
Show got the rub during Piper's Pit, which will explain why he gets the Andre spot in the battle royal (meaning 7 or 8 guys gang up and throw him out). Hoping for a win via Cesaro Swing over the top.

The Shield vs. Kane & The New Age Outlaws
Shield wins for free.

Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H
see earlier post.

Vickie Guerrero Divas Championship Invitational
Guessing Brie here...

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt
Wyatt wins clean or semi-clean. No hands laid on Cena by Rowan or Harper. These guys love going meta in promos and Cena's legacy is really being a company dude which he will show by building the new guy.

The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar
Was really afraid this was the end of the streak given Brock getting owned in every segment, but he got his licks in on Raw which was a big relief (no way he was gonna lose while looking that free). Now, I think Taker wins.

WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton vs. Batista vs. ? (Bryan)
Bryan wins or riot ensues.

Sephzilla

I was unaware football, soccer, and basketball games had cages, weapons, and free navigation around the entire play area.

I didn't see any mention of cages and weapons in this previous post.

Plus its not like a basketball player cant be on any part of the court at any time.

Xater

These games could still look way better. Just look at basically any game of a team sport. Hell look at the PS4 version of NBA 2k14 specifically for what a modern sports game looks like.

Their tech is just pure garbage and the way it looks it all is probably still based on the PSone codebase. They just bolted shit on and on.

Sephzilla

There's really no reason that the WWE games should still look like games that came out near the end of the PS2 generation / early PS3 generation and play like they're still in the PS1 generation.

Make the graphics not suck ass + use the N64 gameplay engine = Perfection

I didn't see any mention of cages and weapons in this previous post.

Plus its not like a basketball player cant be on any part of the court at any time.

I didn't bring them up because I was talking about what had to be rendered at minimum for a given game. And I agree the games could look a hell of a lot better, but I just don't think it's as simple as "this UFC game looks great so that means WWE has to look like this or they're lazy".

Hasney

Yukes are still doing all of 2k15 #delawithit.

I'm assuming that work had already begun on the next gen engine before 2k even got the license... Either that or they're just porting the old one and turning up the resol-OH GOD THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE DOING ISN'T IT?

Sephzilla

I didn't bring them up because I was talking about what had to be rendered at minimum for a given game. And I agree the games could look a hell of a lot better, but I just don't think it's as simple as "this UFC game looks great so that means WWE has to look like this or they're lazy".

You are kind of right there. But the statement should more be "all of these sports game looks great so that means WWE has to look like this or they're lazy".

Xater

Yukes are still doing all of 2k15 #delawithit.

I'm assuming that work had already begun on the next gen engine before 2k even got the license... Either that or they're just porting the old one and turning up the resol-OH GOD THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE DOING ISN'T IT?

They can't be that lazy, right?

You are kind of right there. But the statement should more be "all of these sports game looks great so that means WWE has to look like this or they're lazy".

I think it's obvious that improvements need to be made, but I remember an interview about a month ago with a guy from 2K who said that this year's version is the first one they are actually working on. Last year's was basically done already when they came in. So, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, it being a new generation of consoles and all.

Top Bottom