• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Shield match went under 3 minutes. The Divas match went 7.

I love everyone in the Attitude vs Reality Era match...The Divas match was better. So was the Battle Royal. In fact the Shield match was probably the worst one on the card. Hopefully they hugged Trish on the way out.

Edgeward

They are really putting over Disco Inferno on this countdown show. Except they mention every couple minutes that he could not wrestle

The Shield match went under 3 minutes. The Divas match went 7.

It seemed to me like they were trying to save some time and finished the match super-fast. I was happy with the end result, though.

As for Lesnar, I was glad he won. I didn't understand why they were paying the guy a fuck-ton of money to just fight at PPVs and lose nine matches out of ten.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They are really putting over Disco Inferno on this countdown show. Except they mention every couple minutes that he could not wrestle

Going backwards through the WCW ppvs has proven my childhood recollection to be accurate. He can in fact wrestle and is more or less the perfect mid card comedy heel.

Ithil

What a different between WMs for HHH.
Last year he went over Lesnar for no reason, in a dull brawl of a match, in full HHH mode.

This year, he curtain jerked, put over tiny Daniel Bryan clean, in an old school, technical match, and later got beaten up with his own sledgehammer to end his role in the night.

DiscoJon

Banned
So unhappy.

hbdltGq.gif

im legit shook the network held up!

some small hitches but nothing major

Signed up today. Overall, it performed well. There were some audio issues and some stream hiccups. But considering how much traffic, it was amazing. Hopefully, they can do the same again next year with the WHOLE world using the platform.

And the cynicism of the LAW. Taker lost. Get over it.

And I'm sick of hearing about Sting/Taker after Taker lost. The whole point of a streak is to see if it can last. I don't think anyone would've thought Sting could beat Taker, given both of their ages and ring condition. Sting has looked terrible in TNA the last year.

The match could simply be phenom versus phenom.

Taker losing the streak will make people curious about the WWE Network, since the news will obviously hit the rounds. Probably good for business.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Taker losing is one of those pivotal groundbreaking moments like the purchase of WCW on tv or the first cashing in of the MITB briefcase and just reinforces that on any given night anything can happen.

Except Cena putting over someone not named Bryan, I suppose. Even then that match ROCKED.

Ithil

There will be no more Streak matches, even if Taker wrestles again, so that's an automatic co-main event WWE have now given up forever, for future WMs. They must really be serious about starting a new generation.

Except for Cena.

I am not entirely sure how you end the streak and takers career without making it super obvious like Flair and HBK retiring. Thats not really Takers thing.

Maybe making it a surprise was for the best but I just wish it happened in a better match. It was just a mess. Taker's time has clearly come.

Aiii

So not worth it
There will be no more Streak matches, even if Taker wrestles again, so that's an automatic co-main event WWE have now given up forever, for future WMs. They must really be serious about starting a new generation.

Except for Cena.
Still they had it drop to the wrong guy! should have gambled and given that win to a guy like Reigns.

ghostmind

Well, this has been a hell of a weekend for wrestling, and the best 'Mania in recent memory. I was also very impressed that the WWE app held together through it all.

Looking forward to RAW after 'Mania tomorrow, and also however this Devitt thing is going to shake out.

Ithil

Still they had it drop to the wrong guy! should have gambled and given that win to a guy like Reigns.

I don't agree. Look at how heartbroken the crowd was. That would have killed any chance of Reigns ever being top face. Only a heel could break the Streak, and it had to be a special performer.

Lesnar is one, he's not a legend, or a roster member, he's completely unique in his situation. He's the only guy, really, that it couldn't backfire with, since he's a heel for life, and a special attraction himself.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't agree. Look at how heartbroken the crowd was. That would have killed any chance of Reigns ever being top face. Only a heel could break the Streak, and it had to be a special performer.

Lesnar is one, he's not a legend, or a roster member, he's completely unique in his situation. He's the only guy, really, that it couldn't backfire with, since he's a heel for life, and a special attraction himself.
He could also be gone from WWE before next Mania if he doesn't feel like resigning.

Except for Cena.

I'm telling you, they're replacing that shit with "Cena's Legacy".

Every year, it's going to be "who can break Cena's Legacy at WrestleMania?"

*barf*

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So how did my two devices fair?

The PC did it without interruption. I had a wireless headset connected to it and it listened to that feed and it was as caught up as anyone in the thread.

The PS3 did change resolution a few times and stopped three times for about ten seconds. Some of the repeats were incredible. I saw the first sister abigail three times and the RKO bomb through the table twice. At worst it ended up maybe thirty seconds behind the people really far ahead. Still a very adequate experience. I'm impressed as hell actually.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know what to do or say. Divas Battle Royale was better than expected

Anth0ny

Since Batista took the L and Brock broke the streak, maybe Brock should challenge Dbry for the next PPV

pretty much the only thing that makes sense at this point. maybe cena eventually, but I think they're going to prolong the wyatts feud for some reason.

negative interest in a continued batista or orton feud with bryan. those guys need to fuck off to the midcard where they belong. have a 6 month feud with each other that no-one cares about or something.

Ithil

It's a shame Taker's Streak ended on a really meh match, but I guess in training for it he realised he was just too old, and couldn't go anymore, at least not at the Streak's level.

Kinda echos the ideas that Jake Roberts and the Ultimate Warrior were talking about in their speeches, that if you can't do it justice anymore, you have to let go and hang it up.

It's a shame Taker's Streak ended on a really meh match, but I guess in training for it he realised he was just too old, and couldn't go anymore, at least not at the Streak's level.

Kinda echos the ideas that Jake Roberts and the Ultimate Warrior were talking about in their speeches, that if you can't do it justice anymore, you have to let go and hang it up.
Yeah the match was pretty meh but I guess that's the magic of breaking the streak. Nobody will care about the match, they'll only remember the outcome.

I like how the one PPV where Bryan finally gets his uninterrupted un-fucked-over moment, it's still overshadowed by something insane like the Streak ending and capturing everybody's attention above all else.

Top Bottom