• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Aiii

So not worth it
AJ has been a terrible and stale character since she became GM. She doesn't deserve shit.

Bullshit, she gave us the best women's match in WWE in almost a decade less than a month ago. It's time to give her her just due.

Don't be a hater Bionic, it doesn't become you.

strobogo

Banned
Please for real, I want Sunny's avatar to have Hayes/Konnan/JR/Miz/Carlos Colon just so I can laugh at him every day for a month.

Sokantish

Bullshit, she gave us the best women's match in WWE in almost a decade less than a month ago. It's time to give her her just due.

Don't be a hater Bionic, it doesn't become you.

She also gave the best promo a Diva has in a long time, not saying much I guess though

New Japan held a press conference - president Sugabayashi confirmed Sakuraba & Nakamura vs The Gracies and Okada vs AJ Styles. Also, the subject of Devitt was brought up;

"According to the NJPW president Sugabayashi, Prince Devitt says he wants to quit NJPW. The company is currently negotiating with Devitt."

Ithil

New Japan held a press conference - president Sugabayashi confirmed Sakuraba & Nakamura vs The Gracies and Okada vs AJ Styles. Also, the subject of Devitt was brought up;

"According to the NJPW president Sugabayashi, Prince Devitt says he wants to quit NJPW. The company is currently negotiating with Devitt."

Well there's that.

tumblr_n3my7exFvg1r6d97so1_500.png

I still think the reaction and ending is one of the most surreal things I've ever seen in a wrestling show.

But Daniel Bryan winning, YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I...I liked the Diva's match. I thought it was well paced, no one botched too horribly and it had a bunch of neat spots including the ending.

April |OT2| Everyone has passed the torch (except John Cena)

If ever we get a OT2.

Will post my post-WM impressions later, gonna let all of this sink in first.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
New Japan held a press conference - president Sugabayashi confirmed Sakuraba & Nakamura vs The Gracies ."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Sunny! Who ended up getting all the matches correctly? I'm pretty sure a few voted for Brock Lesnar.

I don't think anyone got a perfect record, not with the 30 man battle-royale and the diva's match. The Taker match just confirmed that no one was walking away with a perfect record.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
But the hardcore fans still cheer for him. Will they after this?

Hardcore MMA fans booed Brock for how 'WWE' he made his UFC win coming off as not humble or whatever. Brock then drew shitloads of money for Dana.

Again, Brock really doesn't care. He'll job. He'll win. He just wants to get paid so he can keep killing stuff out in the wilderness and pay for Sable's plastic surgery

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I know, right?

What a fucking waste of Shinsuke. Get rid of these MMA chumps, I don't see what purpose they serve - the crowd barely give two shits about them and they can't work.

Cesaro/Brock?

Brock/Bryan?

Bryan/Batista?

Cena/Bryan?

There are a lot of matchup possibilities thanks to Mania. Tomorrow's Raw is going to be great.

LAW is cynical as always, yawn.

somedevil

So is this an angle because they had over 4 months to negotiate a contract with him?

Very fun Wrestlemania overall.

Preshow became pretty fun when it came down to two teams. Cesaro's face turn was icing on the cake.

Haitch and Bryan was easily match of the night, and an amazing opener. Lord Haitch had a job to do, and he did it gloriously. And that entrance OMG.

The battle royal was entertaining for what it was. Kofi spot was awesome as usual. Cesaro with the Andre slam tribute for the win was pretty badass. Props to Showster for being cool with that.

Shield squash was meh. But fun in a weird way.

Streak match was underwhelming, but I'm real happy that Brock won. I'm a mark for him, not even ashamed.

Cena's match was fun. Bray was great. Good storytelling I thought. You can't take away Cena's legacy dough. #DealWithIt

Diva's match actually wasn't that bad. Eva Marie shoving Tamina was a highlight. Shit finish befitting of a shit champion.

Triple threat was great. Happy for Bryan. Hopefully the motherfucker shaves now.

In the end all I can say is:
c0JBkYP.png

For an actually good Wrestlemania for once. I'm pleased.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I can't believe they did a tower of doom spot with AKSANA. That's just asking for trouble.

I was expecting someone to die there. Forget the main event spot, that's a work brother, but MMAKSANA (who looked fine as hell tonight) in that spot!

Less botches than a Sin Cara Azure entrance!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Triple H completely saved that triple threat. Triple H saved that entire angle. Orton and Batista don't matter AT ALL.

also that Undertaker losing reactions are gonna get ruined by gaming side

somedevil

I don't think so. It sounds like Devitt is finalizing his WWE deal and NJPW are seeing if they can convince him to stay.

The question is if he does come back does he want to be a face again? He done it all and I doubt he is going to get any there major titles. Also, I doubt he is going to form his face version of the bullet club.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Triple H completely saved that triple threat. Triple H saved that entire angle. Orton and Batista don't matter AT ALL.

also that Undertaker losing reactions are gonna get ruined by gaming side

Orton was nearly a face by the end of that match and Boostista got some great heel heat. I think they're in a pretty good place going forward.

Boose

Loved the ending.

Still shocked from the taker match.

Cesaro is amazing I'm in love with this man.

Wish the Shield had a bigger spot. They seemed to be wasted.

I guess it makes sense.

Vince always has liked people who have balls to do what they want. I don't know why I'm so surprised he gave a guy who walked out, got big, and came back the honor of ending the Streak.

I guess it's because he's trying so hard to whitewash from history another guy who had the balls to leave.

Top Bottom