• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Hasney

mock me if you've discussed already.

How is Raw opening tonight?

Taker
Brock
Bryan

My heart says Taker opens up for his curtain call

Needs to be Bryan and/or Brock for me. Heyman was talking about Brock wanting the WWEWHC before the match so it could sew some seeds for Summerslam or some other PPV that isn't the next one.

End it with Taker if he's retiring, which he should. Nothings to be gained by doing that first.

Sephzilla

Bryan's going to open the show because they're going to try and wash out any lingering pain the Taker match left in people with some major positive stuff.

My prediction: Bryan comes out, YES for like 5 minutes straight. Cuts a promo thanking everyone. HHH comes out and cuts a
20 minute
promo on Bryan saying Bryan wont keep the title. HHH trots out the new #1 contender, Brock Lesnar.

Patryn

For some reason, I have the feeling that this Raw will be disappointing. They gave the people (mostly) what they wanted last night.

Taker may be in the hospital and is questionable to show up, so it's unlikely they could begin to build up a Sting vs. Taker program even if that (is? was?) going to happen.

Bryan has the belt. Now what? Orton again? Is he injured after that monitor to the back?

Guessing Rusev will show up, as it's the start of a new season. But what's there for him to do?

Isn't part of why the last couple of Raws after Manias so good because the WMs were so disappointing?

Sephzilla

Isn't part of why the last couple of Raws after Manias so good because the WMs were so disappointing?

I think it's more because the Raw after WM crowd is pretty snark filled. They'll find stuff to shit on during Raw, because Cena will obviously be out there and I wouldn't be surprised if Shaemus is trotted out there for the slaughter again.

Kaladin

Ah Ring of Honor, always quick to tell fans about WWE stars who wrestled in their promotion

10014405_10152345860501328_1527706262_o.jpg

Kaladin

WE HAD THESE GUYS, PLS COME SEE ADAM COLE, ITS TOTES THE SAME.

Actually, Adam Cole and the current crop of Ring of Honor guys are pretty awesome. Some may be a bit green, but that works out as WWE won't be knocking on their doors immediately like they tend to do for all of their more seasoned stars.

Kaladin

Doesn't RoH have a backroom deal with WWE similar to the old agreement ECW and WWF had?

I don't think it's like that. It's more like Ring of Honor will allow their stars to tryout for WWE if they call. They won't hold them back even if they're on contract.

Does ROH still do contracts even? All they ever really did was keep their stars out of other indie promotions.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
At least I have a whole month to make a truly incredible Vince avatar. Unless the bet was for a week.

Jarrett's new promotion;

Global Force Wrestling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az1GR1NDTwc

*edit, press release and stuff;

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/4/7/5582796/jeff-jarrett-new-wrestling-promotion-logo

Patryn said:
Doesn't RoH have a backroom deal with WWE similar to the old agreement ECW and WWF had?

That's the rumour, no idea how true that is, though. A lot of ROH guys have been getting try-outs recently.

Mr. Sandman said:
Does ROH still do contracts even? All they ever really did was keep their stars out of other indie promotions.

Yeah, they still sign guys just to keep them off of Gabe's iPPVs, and vice versa.

BHZ Mayor

So did Bryan destroy HHH's shovel last night or did Cena simply pick it up and become the new lord of burials?

Once I take everything that happened in, I'm leaning toward the latter.

-Triple H, the guy known as the king of burials, cleanly puts over the guy they've been actively trying to bury since WM28.

-Triple H's buddies lose cleanly in a squash match.

-Undertaker, who probably has almost as much pull as Vince at this point, gave up his streak.

-Batista, the guy they were intending to push as the superstar babyface return, taps cleanly to the Yes Lock.

-Big Show, the favorite going in to the Battle Royal due to the obvious parallels to Andre the Giant, loses cleanly, albeit in another obvious parallel to Andre the Giant.

-AJ, the fiancée of the guy who abruptly quit and hasn't contact with anyone since, retained her title (may or may not be cleanly depending on which of Naomi's hands they go with), despite the Punk situation AND the fact that they're trying to promote Total Divas.

All of this points to the booking starting to finally have confidence in the younger performers and putting petty shit aside, until you get to Cena, who just HAD to win, just could NOT put anyone over. And you can't even use the happy ending/"for the kids" excuse because Undertaker still lost and Bryan still won the championship (and brought the cancer patient he met in the ring, so there's your moment for the kids) so everyone still goes home either sad because of Taker or happy because of Bryan. Cena losing would have had no effect on the mood the crowd leaves in.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You never know what the whole story is with the Cena/Wyatt angle. I expect it to get crazier and murkier now. It's kind like they worked on the Embrace the Hate angle and want to do it right this time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I still haven't done anything to warrant a tag. I guess creating a bunch of OTs (not just for Wrasslin) isn't enough.

The more topics you make the closer you get to being permanently junior'd. It's a scary line to toe. We saw it happen with SquiddyBiscuit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bro, it's done. If Cena actually sold it after the match, it'd keep going. If he acted like he was nervous or freaked out and ran out, we'd have Wyatt vs Cena 2. He didn't. He ran around and hugged people.

It's over. Cena will go feud with Batista and Wyatt will have a tag team match and fade into obscurity.

Xater

You never know what the whole story is with the Cena/Wyatt angle. I expect it to get crazier and murkier now. It's kind like they worked on the Embrace the Hate angle and want to do it right this time.

Hopefully, because otherwise this match was a waste. I wasn't even that into it because it was to much storytelling and not enough wrestling for my taste.

BFIB

I'm watching the HoF induction ceremony on the Network, and goddamn, Carlito started legit shooting. That was fucking great.

Cagey

Banned

The "omg I am turning into a monster what have I done... lol jk guys" element from the match inspires no confidence that this will continue and be done correctly.

EDIT: cena smirk.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Except he didn't embrace the hate even slightly and pinned the jobber monster cleanly and celebrated after

jred2k

The spellcheck lines on that press release is the greatest thing I've ever seen. I can't believe they stole the GFW initialism, though. Too bad there wasn't some sort of talent announcement with the press release.

Bro, it's done. If Cena actually sold it after the match, it'd keep going. If he acted like he was nervous or freaked out and ran out, we'd have Wyatt vs Cena 2. He didn't. He ran around and hugged people.

It's over. Cena will go feud with Batista and Wyatt will have a tag team match and fade into obscurity.

Yeah the way he got out of the ring and hugged that kid was pretty clearly his way of saying "I didn't become a monster. I'm still pure and good and a role model." It's sickening.

So did Bryan destroy HHH's shovel last night or did Cena simply pick it up and become the new lord of burials?

The twist is that Cena took the shovel for himself back at WM22 after defeating HHH and has been secretly wielding it ever since.
This is why Trips had to swiftly turn face afterwards and remain one for so many years, his burial powers were weakened until he became the COO and got authority powers.
Meanwhile Cena has been overcoming all odds since 2006 with ease.

Forkball

Real talk: if someone had to go over Taker at WM, it should have been Cena. Everyone would hate him for it, but he's the hero we need.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Real talk: if someone had to go over Taker at WM, it should have been Cena. Everyone would hate him for it, but he's the hero we need.

I float my theory here. Cena was going to do it next year then Taker saw Cena bury Bray and told Brock to just pin him.

bwtw

Neo Member
But was it better than Punk/Brock or Cena/Bryan? Like as a show, I think the Mania was good. But I don't think there was a 5-star match on the show.

It's crazy that Bryan going OVER in so many ways (HHH, sledge hammering HHH, Diving on HHH/Steph/etc, winning the Unified Title, etc) wasn't in the "plans."

I think it was a great show not because of 5-star matches, the matches weren't THAT good really, the Bryan ones aside, but it was a show of 5-star moments.

Top Bottom