• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Real talk: if someone had to go over Taker at WM, it should have been Cena. Everyone would hate him for it, but he's the hero we need.

I think the last thing the WWE wants to do is put even more heat on Cena.

Although if you were going to ever heel turn Cena that would have been the way to do it. Dirty heel shenanigans from the clean, innocent Cena in order to break the streak.

I'm glad Sting vs Taker isn't happening. Nobody really wants that. Lesnar being the guy breaking the streak was something nobody saw coming which makes it all the better.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bork needs to be in that UFC game so I can have glorious hd viking beard mode Brock.

Instead of 2k14 melted face Bork

Sephzilla

Once I take everything that happened in, I'm leaning toward the latter.

-Triple H, the guy known as the king of burials, cleanly puts over the guy they've been actively trying to bury since WM28.

-Triple H's buddies lose cleanly in a squash match.

-Undertaker, who probably has almost as much pull as Vince at this point, gave up his streak.

-Batista, the guy they were intending to push as the superstar babyface return, taps cleanly to the Yes Lock.

-Big Show, the favorite going in to the Battle Royal due to the obvious parallels to Andre the Giant, loses cleanly, albeit in another obvious parallel to Andre the Giant.

-AJ, the fiancée of the guy who abruptly quit and hasn't contact with anyone since, retained her title (may or may not be cleanly depending on which of Naomi's hands they go with), despite the Punk situation AND the fact that they're trying to promote Total Divas.

All of this points to the booking starting to finally have confidence in the younger performers and putting petty shit aside, until you get to Cena, who just HAD to win, just could NOT put anyone over. And you can't even use the happy ending/"for the kids" excuse because Undertaker still lost and Bryan still won the championship (and brought the cancer patient he met in the ring, so there's your moment for the kids) so everyone still goes home either sad because of Taker or happy because of Bryan. Cena losing would have had no effect on the mood the crowd leaves in.

A lot of this.

I don't know if Cena gets to call the shots with his matches or if its the bookers above him, but the constant refusal to let Cena change at all and talent never going over Cena is finally legitimately starting to piss me off.

charsace

Was anyone else watching as the confetti came down after Bryan's win and praying that no one's music hit during the celebration?

I was sitting there saying "Just go off the air, please.....just go off the air."

I wanted Bray to win so that he could come out and challenge Bryan because Bryan lost that feud and would have been perfect if Bray would have won.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wanted Bray to win so that he could come out and challenge Bryan because Bryan lost that feud and would have been perfect if Bray would have won.

Your number one contender
tumblr_inline_n3mz14yUYm1rfrx2e.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watched Invasion Attack up to the Okada tag match. AJ Styles! So far, a real fun show.

Can't wait for the rest.

It's killing me that I am not watching it until Tuesday. I can't over saturate myself with wrassles.

G1 Climax this year is going to make me quit wrestling, although I'll end up being MORE hyped for NJPW at the end no doubt.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Complains about WWE not makin any new stars

Refuses to make a new star

John Cena everyone !

You don't have to lose to make a star.

I'll maintain Bray Wyatt will come out of this stronger. The fact that Cena even worked with him means he wants him to be some biiiig shit. And he will be.

Sephzilla

I'll maintain Bray Wyatt will come out of this stronger. The fact that Cena even worked with him means he wants him to be some biiiig shit. And he will be.

I'm willing to keep my belief that the reason Cena worked with him is because Cena needed a new super villain to swiftly defeat and make the children happy.

Kaladin

People backstage believe in Bray Wyatt, so The Wyatt Family isn't buried.

Cena however is still a huge merch seller and is big with the kids. He wasn't going to lose at Mania.

The feud will likely continue and Wyatt will get his win at Extreme Rules in one of the Mania Rematches.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion

I'm going with VinnyMac on this one.

Sure, we all wanted Bray to win, but he pulled of, not only a solid match, but had one of the best storytelling feuds in the past few years. The ending was terrible, every one agrees, but Bray came out of that looking like a great talent who, mark my words, will be one of the top heels by the end of the year.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Extreme Rules with Wyatts and Cena has the potential to be fucking bananas, so be ready.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
remember when it was rumoured / planned to be Batista v Orton, HHH v Punk and Bryan v...Shaemus? lol

Sephzilla

Ryback sure is. Sandow's done dotta though. He lost everything that helped him stand out.

Ryback's looking good? He was relegated to the WM30 pre-show tag-teaming with another guy who quickly faced Cena before vanishing off in to obscurity.

See also: Tensai, Zack Ryder, Kane's gimmick, Wade Barrett.

Interacting with Cena in recent years has been the equivalent to the black plague for anyone not named Bryan.

Let's not forget Cena "tripped"on the top rope against sheamus ( whose bural was finished buried by trips later)

Taker has done for Brock Han Cena has

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ryback's got big things ahead. Punk's bullshit kept him down and killed his character for a while. It was a shame. They booked him into a corner.

Carnby

Except he didn't embrace the hate even slightly and pinned the jobber monster cleanly and celebrated after

He didn't pin Kane cleanly.

It was an Ambulance match. Cena strapped him in and drove him to St Mary's Hospital for a check up. That's how you Rise Above Hate.

Terrabyte20xx

Ryback's looking good? He was relegated to the WM30 pre-show tag-teaming with another guy who quickly faced Cena before vanishing off in to obscurity.

See also: Tensai, Zack Ryder, Kane's gimmick, Wade Barrett.

The only talent in that list that really matters is Barrett.

Tensai would be nothing regardless of Cena, because they never let him use the mic.

Ryder is Ryder. (I like the dude, but there's no other way to put it.)

Kane will be back.

And I hold that as a wrestler, Ryback sucks and will never be higher than upper mid card.

Showaddy

Whilst that makes sense, how many times have we been here before with people being fed to Cena? It's hard not to look at this in the most cynical way possible, even if everyone is high on Wyatt backstage.

Sephzilla

Whilst that makes sense, how many times have we been here before with people being fed to Cena? It's hard not to look at this in the most cynical way possible, even if everyone is high on Wyatt backstage.

It's super hard to not be cynical given the cyclical nature of Cena getting fed villains and having to overcome some crazy odds. It's also hard to not be cyclical considering this angle with Bray was more or less a rehash of the Darth Kane story from a few years back, just sans Ryder and Eve.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This contrarian Cena fan bullshit needs to stop here. If you want to ironically like Eva Marie, it's for a division that doesn't matter at all. I don't care. Your defending of Cena is just continuing to enable that it's ok for this guy to make these dumb decisions. These dumb decisions that Cena has even said were dumb in retrospect. BUT HE KEEPS DOING THEM.

Bray Wyatt did not come out of this stronger. Because Bray Wyatt is supposed to be a creepy guy who plays mind games. Cena won with a clean finish. If Cena had been overly aggressive, if Cena had looked freaked out after the pin, if Cena had done ANYTHING, Bray would have looked stronger. But no, he won then he ran around and hugged the fans.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This contrarian Cena fan bullshit needs to stop here. If you want to ironically like Eva Marie, it's for a division that doesn't matter at all. I don't care. Your defending of Cena is just continuing to enable that it's ok for this guy to make these dumb decisions. These dumb decisions that Cena has even said were dumb in retrospect. BUT HE KEEPS DOING THEM.

Do you know if Cena going over was his decision?
Do you know what they're planning with the Wyatts?
Do you have an inside line as to why this is happening?

If not...there's a gif for it.

Terrabyte20xx

I feel like we should get Orton vs. Sheamus again tonight. Just make it a yearly tradition so the crowd has something to shit on.

You know, speaking of Sheamus, as of last night, WWE should let it go, and turn him heel. It's the only way to save his character at this point.

Xater

Ryback's got big things ahead. Punk's bullshit kept him down and killed his character for a while. It was a shame. They booked him into a corner.

Ryback and big things ahead? He was part of another jobber team that had to be eliminated asap so the match could become good.

Am I the only one who really wants Brock vs Sheamus?

Yes, why the fuck would I want to see Lesnar wrassle that nobody?

Sephzilla

If this is like any other Cena vs Supervillain storyline. The plan for the Wyatts is there's no plan for the Wyatts after Cena.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Do you really think John Cena can't have influence on booking? John Cena who halted 10 minutes of Wrestlemania so Brodus could have his little thing?

Are you delusional or are you this committed to your gimmick?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Do you really think John Cena can't have influence on booking? John Cena who halted 10 minutes of Wrestlemania so Brodus could have his little thing?

Are you delusional or are you this committed to your gimmick?

Do you know? Y/N

Terrabyte20xx

With the whole Cena/Wyatt thing, we like to remember that Cena sells merch, but...

How many sheep masks and hats has Bray been selling?

Hasney

Ryback has nothing ahead, just getting into that Tensai/Umaga/Mark Henry spot on the card. He's been chewed up and spat out.

Cena should have lost and then said tonight at Raw "We'll have a rematch at Extreme Rules... but the only way I can overcome these odds is if I see lots of my new shirt out in the crowd, priced at $29.99 on WWE shop".

Top Bottom