• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Screen-Shot-2014-04-07-at-12.13.48-AM-650x369.png

Even Brock's biggest mark couldn't believe what happened.

That mother fucker ain't Brock's biggest mark

I checked out of wrestling when Sheamus was coming up. In the last few months he has given me no indication that his ringwork is average at best and his character is totally uninteresting.

I also hate his "big" moves. One is a terrible looking kick and the beating on someones chest thing looks just silly. It's worse than someone doing the punches in the corner.

PS: I can't stress enough how much of a bummer it is that RAW is not on the Network.

I like Sheamus chest hitting. It's old school. Wrestlers used to get the crowd involved by getting opponents head and use the turnbuckle to get the crowd hype.

Brogue kick is like another version of Hogan's kick, Nash's boot. I kinda consider Sheamus old school

Needs to be Bryan and/or Brock for me. Heyman was talking about Brock wanting the WWEWHC before the match so it could sew some seeds for Summerslam or some other PPV that isn't the next one.

End it with Taker if he's retiring, which he should. Nothings to be gained by doing that first.

I agree...Bryan opens the show, HHH comes out and announces Brock gets the shot at Extreme Rules, Heyman gloats, Brock beats the shit out of Bryan.

The show ends with UT's Flair/HBK "leave the memories alone" moment, possibly with him breaking character. (at least, I hope it does, because it's going to be tough to accept a heartfelt goodbye from the UT character, but it'll be a hell of a lot more buyable if it's from Mark Callaway)

Cagey

Banned
Yeah I gotta admit it helped that I knew the result before watching so I could focus more on the story telling of the match.

Also I'm salivating at the thought of Heyman milking this for all it's worth.

See, that's the thing: knowing the outcome meant you could see the match for what it was. Most every fan "knew" the outcome last night while the match was happening: Undertaker wins. Watching the match with a sense of boredom for the inevitable Taker win meant fans couldn't appreciate what was actually happening.

Boo the fans, not the match.

Pavaloo

This contrarian Cena fan bullshit needs to stop here. If you want to ironically like Eva Marie, it's for a division that doesn't matter at all. I don't care. Your defending of Cena is just continuing to enable that it's ok for this guy to make these dumb decisions. These dumb decisions that Cena has even said were dumb in retrospect. BUT HE KEEPS DOING THEM.

Bray Wyatt did not come out of this stronger. Because Bray Wyatt is supposed to be a creepy guy who plays mind games. Cena won with a clean finish. If Cena had been overly aggressive, if Cena had looked freaked out after the pin, if Cena had done ANYTHING, Bray would have looked stronger. But no, he won then he ran around and hugged the fans.

He was hugging his family, not the fans.

BRAY WILL BE FINE

Look at Cesaro

charsace

Don't get me wrong, he has a say, and I agree with that. But the idea of saying Cena refused is a little silly considering we don't know the plans for the whole feud, we don't know what Wyatt wanted, we don't know the direction, we don't know the end. We'll have a clearer direction tonight. And like I said, Extreme Rules is coming up which should allow for more leeway in damaging people and how that goes.

We have seen this same thing again and again with Cena though. And its one of the reasons why he has had the belt so many times. He has these short feuds with guys where he dominates and moves on to chase the title. This is Cena's MO. I'm having a hard time believing that he doesn't have some say in how this train has been running for nearly a decade.

Browny

Banned
On a non-WM-legit-shook note, someone's been having fun on Kevin Nash's Wikipedia page - more specifically, his nicknames:

BaEQgzv.png

See, that's the thing: knowing the outcome meant you could see the match for what it was. Most every fan "knew" the outcome last night while the match was happening: Undertaker wins. Watching the match with a sense of boredom for the inevitable Taker win meant fans couldn't appreciate what was actually happening.

It seemed the fans were sitting on their hands waiting for the moment of every Taker WM match where they start trading finishers non-stop. I listened to the LAW driving in this morning, and one of the guys was like, "I was surprised that Brock kicked out of the tombstone!"

I mean, have you ever WATCHED a Taker WrestleMania match?

BFIB

We have seen this same thing again and again with Cena though. And its one of the reasons why he has had the belt so many times. He has these short feuds with guys where he dominates and moves on to chase the title. This is Cena's MO. I'm having a hard time believing that he doesn't have some say in how this train has been running for nearly a decade.

If you've been around as long as Cena has, you have a lot of pull. No doubt about it. Not sure how much it weighs into the decision of whether he wins or loses, but as long as he's selling merch and getting good PR, I have no reason to not expect this to continue.

Aiii

So not worth it
He was hugging his family, not the fans.

BRAY WILL BE FINE

Look at Cesaro

Look at Nexus. Look at Sandow. Look at Anyone except Bryan, who was over long before Cena got involved.

Hell, I guess the only way to get Cena to put you over clean is a legit injury and dating the sister of his girlfriend.

Yeah I think that those who watched it live will be more appreciative of the match on a second viewing. Like I said earlier, I thought the story telling was really well done.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL at that stock drop today. WOW. Over $5 lost already.

What were people expecting?

Kaladin

The Network didn't kill the stock, Brock Lesnar conquered the stock markets when he conquered the streak.

Stock Markets don't react well to the end of a franchise.

Pavaloo

Look at Nexus. Look at Sandow. Look at Anyone except Bryan, who was over long before Cena got involved.

Hell, I guess the only way to get Cena to put you over clean is a legit injury and dating the sister of his girlfriend.

I agree the nexus thing was bad, but it was years ago. Look at Sandow? It's his own fault he is where he is now. He's said in interviews that he likes that Cena beat him with one arm and everything. Dude deserves his place.

Bray this year got an eminem package, a live band entrance, and his first mania match ever was against the modern Hogan. It's too bad the finish sucked shit, but the match was great for Bray otherwise.

He will be fine.

Everyone said "look at Sandow/Ryback/Barrett" when Cesaro "lost all the momentum he had" by losing to Cena on RAW. Look at him now.

Kaladin

I want a segment on Raw where all of Undertaker's past victims who are still alive celebrate the end of the streak together.

v0yce

This Undertaker stuff has really thrown me for a loop. Posted the following in the WM thread.

I've got no problems with Lesnar taking the streak, I just wish it was the Omega Lesnar that he's capable of being.

He's lost quite a bit recently and was shaking in his boots during the build. And then in the match it was basically just a bit of back and forth and reversal to slip in the win. Both guys came off weak to me which is a shame.

I would have totally eaten up a monster Brock who had been smashing fools left and right for some time now finally putting Taker down. Brock controls and punishes Taker most of the match, Taker gets a flurry and expectations are that here comes 22-0, and then Brock thwarts the comeback and ends him once and for all.

Maybe that's what they were going for and didn't execute it well or I missed some clues, but I just don't get what story they were trying to tell with this, or if there was any story at all. I mean come on. It's the Undertaker. He should have been carried off by the entire locker room or been a casket match where he's dumped in and then when they open the lid he's gone, never to be seen again.

Or maybe I'm missing the poetry of it. The biggest kayfabe buy in the bizz ending his legendary career with a simple no nonsense loss and walking off.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
LOL at that stock drop today. WOW. Over $5 lost already.

What were people expecting?

Seriously!

600,000+ is nothing to scoff at, esspecially since it's only been a little over a month. And considering WWE wanted 1,000,000 by the end of the year, they're off to a tremendous start.

Seriously!

600,000+ is nothing to scoff at, esspecially since it's only been a little over a month. And considering WWE wanted 1,000,000 by the end of the year, they're off to a tremendous start.

Stock is all about expectation, and the general expectation seems to be that they'll have a hard time improving upon the number they already have. I don't agree with it and think it's stupid, but that seems to be the logic.

Hasney

Nah, I watched it again this morning. It was boring and depressing watching Undertaker even struggle to pull himself up on the ropes. Watch him after that corner powerbomb he hits, he just wants it to end.

There was no appreciating that match other than the shocking finish. It wasn't "knowing" the finish, because even last year it was the best match of the night despite knowing what would happen. It was watching someone who couldn't go anymore get protected by a guy who couldn't be as intense as normal to protect him.

Hasney

Stock is all about expectation, and the general expectation seems to be that they'll have a hard time improving upon the number they already have. I don't agree with it and think it's stupid, but that seems to be the logic.

I think a lot of people were waiting to see how it performed for Mania before jumping in. Since it held up and it was a good event, it may attract a few more people in my eyes.

Laserfrog

When Legend's House hits people are going to be clamouring to sign up. At least 2 billion to see Mean Gene's crumpled face. Now that face is MONEY.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion

That's true.

However, when dealing with Stock, you also have to take into account what said company expects, and when they're already 60% of the way to their predictions, that company is doing pretty well if you ask me.

Not to mention the TV deals coming around in May.

Cena is poison but we should wait for ER before we get too ahead of ourselves. If the Wyatt "push" was ever real then he will win at ER. Just don't expect a clean legit win.

After thinking more about it. Not only am i still shocked/cool with Lesnar beating the streak. It's also amazing they gave Heyman a great moment as well. He's been ACE since his return. Dude totally deserves to have this epic moment under his belt. Arguably the greatest manager with arguably the greatest athlete in the world beating the streak is cool with me. I wish Taker could have done more. If he was healthy obviously this probably wouldn't have happened. So instead of being butthurt over Lesnar winning we should respect Taker is hanging it up and picked Lesnar for his last match (If it is at least).

Patryn

Seriously!

I'm guessing the problem is that the number you publicly target is not your "real" number. The real number is higher, so they can talk about how much they beat their public number.

So I never watched Brock/Taker last night because I was watching GoT. I just watched it and even knowing the results going in I was still shook. Man what a crazy moment.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
When Legend's House hits people are going to be clamouring to sign up. At least 2 billion to see Mean Gene's crumpled face. Now that face is MONEY.

I heard they were doing a show called "Steve Black Man" where Steve Blackman is going to put on black face and pull pranks on people.

I agree...Bryan opens the show, HHH comes out and announces Brock gets the shot at Extreme Rules, Heyman gloats, Brock beats the shit out of Bryan.

If this is the case, I see Orton coming out demanding his rematch, and HHH saying not to worry, Bryan will have to defend tonight on RAW against Orton.

Top Bottom