• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

kiguel182

Reading some of the comments about Mania 30 makes me realize the problem isnt' WWE, is their fans.

I understand being upset that Taker lost but saying they are done with the company because of that? The guy only wrestles one match a year, hardly a big part of the programming. He wanted to end it and he did. Sure, the match could've been better but still, the overreacting is insane.

And with all of this Bryan was overshadowed by a 50 year old man that could barely wrestle an entire match.

Looking back at it Mania 30 was great, they did almost everything right except for the actual Taker match and Cena winning.

Some of the Facebook comments make me sad. Even if the company booked everything perfectly there would still be tons of complains.

Hopefully the fans tonight don't do anything dumb like chanting "one more match" to the Ultimate Warrior after he said he was done. Let's hope for the best.

GU2ZYyV.gif
I was dying when this was happening. Made me a fan.

Bizazedo

I'm guessing the problem is that the number you publicly target is not your "real" number. The real number is higher, so they can talk about how much they beat their public number.

I just don't see them hitting a million before the end of the year. Maybe as time goes on and the PPV companies start withdrawing, forcing people to the Network....but I still know a lot of people who went to the local Buffalo Wild Wing last night to watch and don't have the Network.

I feel like the Network number we got is the best thing for us as fans. It's not small enough to make them say "fuck it, no one cares.", but it's also not big enough to make them complacent. Should lead to real improvements for the Network going forward.

Is this done? Can we stop talking about him, please

I'm kidding of course, but no, he'll probably never stopped getting talked about. Not until he "officially" retires or something like that.

I just don't see them hitting a million before the end of the year. Maybe as time goes on and the PPV companies start withdrawing, forcing people to the Network....but I still know a lot of people who went to the local Buffalo Wild Wing last night to watch and don't have the Network.

I have a feeling they're going to save the Monday Night War stuff and start putting Nitro/Thunder up right before people are set to renew after these first six months. I think that, with the combination of an approaching Summerslam, will keep people around.

Aiii

So not worth it
I agree the nexus thing was bad, but it was years ago. Look at Sandow? It's his own fault he is where he is now. He's said in interviews that he likes that Cena beat him with one arm and everything. Dude deserves his place.

The last person to speak his mind about card position and John Cena in an interview was Dolph Ziggler. That is the reason the guy got buried like he has. You think anyone is gonna say anything but good things about John Cena, ever?

Bray this year got an eminem package, a live band entrance, and his first mania match ever was against the modern Hogan. It's too bad the finish sucked shit, but the match was great for Bray otherwise.

He will be fine.

Everyone said "look at Sandow/Ryback/Barrett" when Cesaro "lost all the momentum he had" by losing to Cena on RAW. Look at him now.

I was you once, but I realized these are pipe dreams. Bray isn't fine, people will forget about the Eminem video package, they woll forever remember he is a loser.

krae_man

I agree the nexus thing was bad, but it was years ago. Look at Sandow? It's his own fault he is where he is now. He's said in interviews that he likes that Cena beat him with one arm and everything. Dude deserves his place.

Bray this year got an eminem package, a live band entrance, and his first mania match ever was against the modern Hogan. It's too bad the finish sucked shit, but the match was great for Bray otherwise.

He will be fine.

Everyone said "look at Sandow/Ryback/Barrett" when Cesaro "lost all the momentum he had" by losing to Cena on RAW. Look at him now.

Sandow got screwed because WWE decided to unify the title after he won MITB. They wern't going to give him the A world title.

charsace

He will be fine.

No, the end could potentially bury him. There's a reason why they have kept Roman Reigns away from Cena even though though he has been there longer than Bray. Could you guys imagine what would have happened to the Undertaker if Hulk Hogan would have beaten him and in the process beaten his gimmick? And the Undertaker was only in the WWE a few months longer at the time he beat Hulk Hogan and Hulk Hogan was more popular than Cena at the time. Cena has possibly fucked up Bray's shit real good.

The shit he did to Wyatt is the reason why Brock wanted beat the shit out of Cena after ER and why they haven't worked with each other since.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Alright, but may we please only talk about people who are known to be contractually with a wrestling company please? I'm more sick of Sting.

Phillip's contract runs out in August I think. He probably has a 90 day no compete clause so we can start talking about him again when he is headlining GWF shows with Slap Nutz!

kiguel182

Paper Champ! Now that the Bryan stuff is out of the way, the road is paved for Batista.

This seems like the Punk reign all over again, at least Bryan got to main-event Mania. It's already better.

Just rewatched the ending to Taker's match and the moment Justin Roberts announces the winner is when people realize he really beat him. They become silent after than and then boo the fuck out it.

Also, the tombstone Taker gave to Lesnar was awful. Such a bad match.

Rewatching Taker's defeat is something truly special, the long pause between Justin Roberts announcing Lesnar's name and the eventual arrival of his music is like a slow realisation moment for everyone in the arena.
Stunned silence that gradually gains some commotion which then take on the forms of boos by some while others remain bewildered, the sense of disbelief is incredible.
Lesnar's smug grin, Heyman's "OH MY GOD!", the crowds various degrees of "what?!" and old man Taker lying on the mat going from immortal mania spectacle to tired old geezer who tried his damnedest to meet expectations.
The match was weak outside a retrospective look back at Taker's age catching up with him at last as a point that works for both reality and story but that ending will live on.

edit: hmmm, timely post by kiguel up there

Aiii

So not worth it
But what if, though? WHAT IF?

I'm hoping Punk returns tonight, but only so I don't lose a foolish avatar bet with Beef.

Don't worry, if he isn't there tonigh he will be there for Extreme Rules.

Payback is in Chicago you know.

kiguel182

The booking of the ending of the triple threat was so perfect.

Orton getting hit with the knee and then Batista throwing Bryan out of the way was so good. Really seemed like Batista was going to win.

And I still can't believe Batista tapped. So good.

Pavaloo

I was dying when this was happening. Made me a fan.
And some people still don't like his gimmick.
He or Sheamus fucked up though. First he danced on the left side of the apron and nothing happened so he moved and then Sheamus did his spot.
I think he just moved into camera position
The last person to speak his mind about card position and John Cena in an interview was Dolph Ziggler. That is the reason the guy got buried like he has. You think anyone is gonna say anything but good things about John Cena, ever?

I was you once, but I realized these are pipe dreams. Bray isn't fine, people will forget about the Eminem video package, they woll forever remember he is a loser.
Yeah cause Ziggler talks about how he doesn't like booking in interviews and on twitter, rather than make arguments in the company.
Sandow got screwed because WWE decided to unify the title after he won MITB. They wern't going to give him the A world title.
this is the same guy that was in ovw from 02-07. he just seems super content where he's at to me.

Anyway, I still think Bray will be fine.

BFIB

I know one thing, I don't post in here a lot, but I always lurk. But seeing Vinnie Mac's avatar is quite hilarious.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
But what if, though? WHAT IF?

I'm hoping Punk returns tonight, but only so I don't lose a foolish avatar bet with Beef.

Losing avatar bets sucks. My credibility took a nosedive.

kiguel182

Does anybody have a cool photo of Bryan celebration?

I was trying to find something to put on Facebook but WWE's page doesn't have anything on it.

So lost in the hubub of WrestleMania news...

They announced the main event of Wrestling Dontaku 2014 (the event that I was going to go to before I realized that was silly):

GOOD NEWS
It's not Okada vs Fale
BAD NEWS
It's Okada vs Styles

Thank god I'm skipping that

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You might believe in me but thanks to this farm animal avatar, people like Dragonzord are mad at me.

So lost in the hubub of WrestleMania news...

They announced the main event of Wrestling Dontaku 2014 (the event that I was going to go to before I realized that was silly):

GOOD NEWS
It's not Okada vs Fale
BAD NEWS
It's Okada vs Styles

Thank god I'm skipping that

Either one of those are fine with me, should be a lot of fun. I like AJ Styles in Japon.

My Sting dream was shattered last night.

And not that anyone cares about my opinion, but Cena was a joke last night.

Undertaker finally looks to be done. He never looked so bad.

Rewatching Taker's defeat is something truly special, the long pause between Justin Roberts announcing Lesnar's name and the eventual arrival of his music is like a slow realisation moment for everyone in the arena.
Stunned silence that gradually gains some commotion which then take on the forms of boos by some while others remain bewildered, the sense of disbelief is incredible.
Lesnar's smug grin, Heyman's "OH MY GOD!", the crowds various degrees of "what?!" and old man Taker lying on the mat going from immortal mania spectacle to tired old geezer who tried his damnedest to meet expectations.
The match was weak outside a retrospective look back at Taker's age catching up with him at last as a point that works for both reality and story but that ending will live on.

edit: hmmm, timely post by kiguel up there

even fake Lesnar gimmick fan was stunned, he's breaking kayfabe

Screen-Shot-2014-04-07-at-12.13.48-AM-650x369.png

Okada vs Styles might surprise a lot of people. I don't think anyone really knows what to expect, though. It'll be interesting to see how well they draw with that as the main event.

Losing avatar bets sucks. My credibility took a nosedive.

Your one's not too bad, though...I shudder to think what Beef has prepared. He's a sick individual.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Your one's not too bad, though...I shudder to think what Beef has prepared. He's a sick individual.

Well, I made it myself, so I tried to eke out a little humor by namedropping Bateaster.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh speaking of apes, anyone gif that amazing Ryback King Kong chest-beating moment?

Top Bottom