• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterHero

DMczaf said:
Fuck this show

1tahrr.jpg
did it even break?

Rock I am disappointed

Shick Brithouse said:
Man I've waited for so long for more of you guys to say this. I've said for a long time he's boring and has absolutely zero personality. You know its bad when the Bella twins and Gail Kim are more interesting than the US champion.

Everybody likes to make the Benoit comparison but it really doesn't fly. Benoit got over on his intensity, which Bryan doesn't have.

Beniot looked scary. Daniel Bryan looks like he should be working IT.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Pristine_Condition said:
Sean Michaels might have something to say about that. HHH too.

Undertaker has had more crap matches than either guy. Not his fault, but when you've got guys like Kane, (twice, both sucked) Psycho Sid, Giant Gonzales, Diesel, and Mark Henry, along with guys like Snuka, Bundy, and Roberts all on their way out to go with at Wrestlemania, you're gonna have a tough time beating those guys out.
Did you just say that Taker and Kane's match at WM 14 sucked? WHAT?

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Drew Carey's speech wasn't that bad, short, respectful, and he didn't try to stroke his own ego. Don't know why it was booed. Boo Vince for deciding to add him if anything.

canadian crowe said:
Does anybody have the Wrestlemania Anthology boxset? Is it any good?
I own it. I think it's really good. Though it has been edited a bit. Some theme songs are different and they blur logos the further back you watch. It's good for matches though.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Need to put the HoF back into a smaller arenas that hold 800 or less. Having such a classy event in a big ass arena that holds 20k+ is kinda dumb.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
siddx said:
Drew Carey's speech wasn't that bad, short, respectful, and he didn't try to stroke his own ego. Don't know why it was booed. Boo Vince for deciding to add him if anything.
His speech, like all of them, was edited down from its original length.

Lunchbox

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
Beniot looked scary. Daniel Bryan looks like he should be working IT.

when dragon is maineventing next years mania, you fuckers will be wearing his shirt with this face on it -

7dMVO.jpg

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Galvanise_ said:
Nicely put. I guess he has 'The Streak' and probably therefore the longest list of 'memorable' matches anyone will ever have at Mania.
No, before Taker faced Flair, there wasn't anything even remotely memorable about his matches, except maybe the gimmick of being in an Inferno Match with Kane.

Undertaker vs. Jimmy Snuka (WrestleMania VII)
Undertaker vs. Jake "The Snake" Roberts (WrestleMania VIII)
Undertaker vs. Giant Gonzalez (WrestleMania IX)
Undertaker vs. King Kong Bundy (WrestleMania XI)
Undertaker vs. Diesel (WrestleMania XII)
Undertaker vs. Sycho Sid (WrestleMania 13)
Undertaker vs. Kane (WrestleMania XIV)
Undertaker vs. Big Boss Man (WrestleMania XV)
Undertaker vs. Triple H (WrestleMania X-Seven)
Undertaker vs. Ric Flair (WrestleMania X8)
Undertaker vs. The Big Show & A-Train (WrestleMania XIX)
Undertaker vs. Kane (WrestleMania XX)
Undertaker vs. Randy Orton (WrestleMania 21)
Undertaker vs. Mark Henry (WrestleMania 22)
Undertaker vs. Batista (WrestleMania 23)
Undertaker vs. Edge (WrestleMania XXIV)
Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels (WrestleMania XXV)
Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels (WrestleMania XXVI)
Undertaker vs HHH (Wrestlemania XXVII)

Shawn Michaels, on the other hand, has...

The Rockers vs. The Twin Towers (Wrestlemania V)
The Rockers vs. The Orient Express (Wrestlemania VI)
The Rockers vs. The Barbarian and Haku (Wrestlemania VII)
Shawn Michaels vs. Tito Santana (Wrestlemania VIII)
Shawn Michaels vs. Tatanka (Wrestlemania IX)
Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon (Wrestlemania X)
Shawn Michaels vs. Diesel (Wrestlemania XI)
Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart (Wrestlemania XII)
Shawn Michaels vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin (Wrestlemania XIV)
Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho (Wrestlemania XIX)
Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit vs. HHH (Wrestlemania XX)
Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle (Wrestlemania XXI)
Shawn Michaels vs. Vince McMahon (Wrestlemania XXII)
Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena (wrestlemania XXIII)
Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair (Wrestlemania XXIV)
Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker (Wrestlemania XXV)
Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker (Wrestlemania XXVI).

It's no contest really.

dream

Lunchbox said:
when dragon is maineventing next years mania weekend ROH events, you fuckers will be wearing his shirt with this face on it -

7dMVO.jpg

I FIXED YOUR POST FOR YOU LUNCHBOX

Joe Prodigy said:
I own it. I think it's really good. Though it has been edited a bit. Some theme songs are different and they blur logos the further back you watch. It's good for matches though.
What are the extras like? Is it just barebones.

ElRenoRaven

siddx said:

Yea. I've always liked Drew. It was edited though too. However he's a legit wrestling fan who has always been respectful to the industry. I do think people are too hard on him. I mean they inducted Pete Rose for the love of Christ. It's also been known that they were aiming to add celebs who appeared on their programming in to get that extra press. So I'm glad Drew got in before some of the celebs they've had.

Hex

Banned
Shick Brithouse said:
Man I've waited for so long for more of you guys to say this. I've said for a long time he's boring and has absolutely zero personality. You know its bad when the Bella twins and Gail Kim are more interesting than the US champion.

Everybody likes to make the Benoit comparison but it really doesn't fly. Benoit got over on his intensity, which Bryan doesn't have.

sajm.jpg

Really?
Reeeeaaaally?

PsychoRaven said:
Yea. I've always liked Drew. He's a legit wrestling fan who has always been respectful to the industry. I do think people are too hard on him. I mean they inducted Pete Rose for the love of Christ. It's also been known that they were aiming to add celebs who appeared on their programming in to get that extra press. So I'm glad Drew got in before some of the celebs they've had.
The HoF is for good players, not good people, Pete Rose belongs in the HoF.

Pristine_Condition said:
Sean Michaels might have something to say about that. HHH too.

Come to think of it yeah. All he'll have then is probably a hotly contested best WM match. I think both his matches against HBK are the best, personally.

Who do we reckon would induct Taker into the HOF. Pretty much everyone respects him to the moon and back. I wouldn't be surprised if Vince did it himself.

JdFoX187

Banned
To be fair, Bryan has been booked as the lovable geek and it completely contradicts what he can do in the ring. He could easily be similar to Chris Benoit in the ring if they would fucking book him like that. Chalk it up to another one of creative's idiocies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
PsychoRaven said:
Yea. I've always liked Drew. It was edited though too. However he's a legit wrestling fan who has always been respectful to the industry. I do think people are too hard on him. I mean they inducted Pete Rose for the love of Christ. It's also been known that they were aiming to add celebs who appeared on their programming in to get that extra press. So I'm glad Drew got in before some of the celebs they've had.

Wrestling fans will boo their own mothers if they think it will make them look like smarks.

GaimeGuy

Galvanise_ said:
Come to think of it yeah. All he'll have then is probably a hotly contested best WM match. I think both his matches against HBK are the best, personally.

Who do we reckon would induct Taker into the HOF. Pretty much everyone respects him to the moon and back. I wouldn't be surprised if Vince did it himself.
Paul Bearer?

ElRenoRaven

Rafa=FedKilla said:
The HoF is for good players, not good people, Pete Rose belongs in the HoF.

You couldn't be more wrong. It's for whoever Vince McMahon decides to put in. There is nothing athletic about it and Pete Rose doesn't belong in anything. If they were picking on the athletic side of wrestling half the hall of fame wouldn't be in there including Pete because all he did was get tombstoned by Kane 2 years in a row. However Vince had every right to put Rose in and Drew and any celeb he wants cause it's his HOF.

PsychoRaven said:
You couldn't be more wrong. It's for whoever Vince McMahon decides to put in. There is nothing athletic about it and Pete Rose doesn't belong in anything. If they were picking on the athletic side of wrestling half the hall of fame wouldn't be in there including Pete because all he did was get Tombstoned by Kane 2 years in a row. However vince had every right to put Rose in and Drew and any celeb he wants cause it's his HOF.
I was making a baseball HoF fame joke.

dream

PsychoRaven said:
You couldn't be more wrong. It's for whoever Vince McMahon decides to put in. There is nothing athletic about it and Pete Rose doesn't belong in anything. If they were picking on the athletic side of wrestling half the hall of fame wouldn't be in there including Pete because all he did was get Tombstoned by Kane 2 years in a row. However vince had every right to put Rose in and Drew and any celeb he wants cause it's his HOF.

Yeah, exactly. It's not a real hall of fame - it's Vince's pet project to define the history of wrestling as he wants it to be told.

A real pro wrestling hall of fame would be filled by conmen and drug addicts angling for paydays.

So I was thinking about The Rock's contributions last night and how it was some of his worst stuff ever (the opening that dragged on way too long, Pee Wee, Mae Young, just lame PG shit with no bite whatsoever)... so here's what I think they should have done:

• cut the opening to like 5 minutes, max
  • have The Rock sneak up to the ring and give a rock bottom to Edge and help Del Rio win
  • have The Rock come out from underneath the ring and rock bottom Randy Orton so CM Punk wins
  • have The Rock announcing with JR (replace Booker T) during the Lawler/Cole match and have him rock bottom Cole so Lawler "wins" then gets that DQ. Then afterward have Rock and Stone Cold stare down in the ring and maybe talk a little (instead of the Mae Young segment on the screen)
  • turn off the lights near the end of the Taker/HHH match and have the Rock rock bottom HHH
  • and then he already did rock bottomed Cena

So basically instead of having a lame opening with him talking for way too long and also those awful skits with Mae and Pee Wee, have him come out in short bursts so he doesn't get overexposed and have those bursts be epic with drive-by rock bottoms everywhere.

GaimeGuy

Heavy said:
So I was thinking about The Rock's contributions last night and how it was some of his worst stuff ever (the opening that dragged on way too long, Pee Wee, Mae Young, just lame PG-13 shit with no bite whatsoever)... so here's what I think they should have done:

• cut the opening to like 5 minutes, max
  • have The Rock sneak up to the ring and give a rock bottom to Edge and help Del Rio win
  • have The Rock come out from underneath the ring and rock bottom Randy Orton so CM Punk wins
  • have The Rock announcing with JR (replace Booker T) during the Lawler/Cole match and have him rock bottom Cole so Lawler "wins" then gets that DQ. Then afterward have Rock and Stone Cold stare down in the ring and maybe talk a little (instead of the Mae Young segment on the screen)
  • turn off the lights near the end of the Taker/HHH match and have the Rock rock bottom HHH
  • and then he already did rock bottomed Cena

So basically instead of having a lame opening with him talking for way too long and also those awful skits with Mae and Pee Wee, have him come out in short bursts so he doesn't get overexposed and have those bursts be epic with drive-by rock bottoms everywhere.
So... have him sabotage every single match on the card. This is the worst idea ever.

GaimeGuy said:
So... have him sabotage every single match on the card. This is the worst idea ever.
But look at what we got instead... did any titles even change? Did anyone get put over or a new gimmick? Nothing of substance happened so might as well have him do that

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
When is Magnum TA getting in the HoF? He was like the Cena of the early 90s til....it happened...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom