• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkified

AnEternalEnigma said:
Sunny's induction speech is getting bumped from the USA show tonight to make room for Drew Carey's speech. Carey's got a promotional deal to promote an improv special on HBO later in the month, so Sunny got bumped.
That's fine hbo probably paid wwe for promoting their show. And really hardly anyone watches hall of fame? So who cares?

Penguin

Our buddy Stan sent word that last night's four-hour WrestleMania 27 pay-per-view featured 1 hour, 41 minutes and 6 seconds of in-ring action.

In comparison, the 2011 Royal Rumble had around 1 hour and 55 minutes of wrestling while the 2011 Elimination Chamber pay-per-view had just over 1 hour and 30 minutes of in-ring action.

Random fun fact

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Mrbob said:
Lol 7 straight damn. I didn't even know that. Insane. Has he been a face this entire time?
Yes.

He hasn't been a heel since his doctor of thuganomics gimmick.

Here is John Cena's Wrestlemania history. 8 matches total.

Wrestlemania XX: Defeated The Big Show for the US Championship (curtain jerked)
Wrestlemania 21: Defeated JBL for the WWE Championship. (Second to last match. the last match was Batista beating HHH for the title. Yes, this was six years ago).
Wrestlemania 22: Defended the WWE Championship against HHH in the main event.
Wrestlemania 23: Defended the WWE Championship against HBK in the main event.
Wrestlemania XXIV: Lost a triple threat match with Orton and HHH for the WWE championship (3rd to last match. Orton successfully defended the title. followed by Mayweather vs Big Show and Edge vs. Taker).
Wrestlemania XXV: Won the World Heavyweight Championship in a triple threat match with Edge (c) and Big Show (2nd to last match. Last match was HHH vs. Orton for the WWE Title).
Wrestlemania XXVI: Won the WWE championship against Batista. (2nd to last match. Last match was, of course, the streak vs career match with Taker and HBK)
Wrestlemania XXVII: Failed to win the WWE Title in a singles match with the Miz in the main event.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Also, I posted this back at the end of February, so the numbers are a little outdated for edge....

Wrestler name. Combined title reign length. # of title reigns.
Bruno Sammartino 4,040 days 2 reigns
Hulk Hogan 2,185 days 6 reigns
Bob Backlund 2,138 days 2 reigns
HHH 1,155 days 13 reigns
John Cena 1,052 days 9 reigns
Pedro Morales 1,027 days 1 reign
Bret Hart 654 days 5 reigns
Batista 544 days 6 reigns
Steve Austin 529 days 6 reigns
Randy Savage 520 days 2 reigns
Edge 491 days 10 reigns
Randy Orton 448 days 7 reigns
The Undertaker 445 days 7 reigns
Shawn Michaels 424 days 4 reigns

All the wrestlers who have been champion 400 days or more in WWF/WWE

Cena :(

MarshMellow96 said:
Why was he even inducted anyway? Because of the RR appearance?

Same reason Snookie showed up, and that Pee Pee guy, and arguably the Rock. Column inches on sites they would not usually get talked about on, and trying to appeal to another audience (AKA WRESTLING IS BAD, MOAR ENTERTAINMENT)

JdFoX187

Banned
Linkified said:
That's fine hbo probably paid wwe for promoting their show. And really hardly anyone watches hall of fame? So who cares?
Why I even bother...

Why do you continue to ignore the fact the Hall of Fame is such a sham? This should be something special. If they're going to half-ass the production, why even bother showing it to begin with? Let's bump someone who actually contributed to the product for someone that made a one-off appearance so he can pimp his show on HBO.

Penguin said:
Random fun fact
Wow, that's an extremely sad statistic. More than half of a "four hour extravaganza" devoted to promos, backstage segments and other crap.

GaimeGuy said:
Also, I posted this back at the end of February, so the numbers are a little outdated....

Boogles my mind that Batista has only one less title reign than the almighty Taker. He was as plain as they come. . .and he has more than HBK too. Fucking hell.

Goes to show that the title has been changing very frequently over the past few years.

Galvanise_ said:
Boogles my mind that Batista has only one less title reign than the almighty Taker. He was as plain as they come.

Batista was way over and a big draw in a 2 title era. It's not really that shocking.

Azuran

Banned
Kyoufu said:
I'm pretty sure you weren't entertained by Orton, because he was being dominated in that match until the Random Knock Out.

LOL

Orton carried that match. That psychology was all him. Keep up the hate GAF.

In-ring wise, CM Punk has to be the most overrated wrestler ever. His only great match has been the TLC with Jeff. Oh wait, I kinda forgot you guys suck his dick thanks to his mic skills, so I get he gets a break.

Remember his feud with Mysterio last year? Wasn't that supposed to be epic according to everyone?

My only question about the Sin Cara debut is whether they'll have some sort of ramp or springboard to allow Sin Cara to do his traditional ring entrance. One of the promos WWE had for him hinted at this. I hope they do it.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Azuran said:
LOL

It's hard believe people as delusional as you are exist.

Pristine_Condition said:
My only question about the Sin Cara debut is whether they'll have some sort of ramp or springboard to allow Sin Cara to do his traditional ring entrance. One of the promos WWE had for him hinted at this. I hope they do it.

If they can get a red carpet out every time butterface comes to the ring, I am sure a box would be easy task

antonz

Main Features of Raw tonight:
Randy Orton & Rey Mysterio team to battle CM Punk & Cody Rhodes
United States Champion Sheamus defends against Daniel Bryan.
John Cena calls out The Rock.

So nice that Sheamus and Bryan get to have their wresltmania match tonight. Having Snoop Dogg and Hornswaggle on the show was too important to pass up last night

dream

antonz said:
Main Features of Raw tonight:
Randy Orton & Rey Mysterio team to battle CM Punk & Cody Rhodes
United States Champion Sheamus defends against Daniel Bryan.
John Cena calls out The Rock.

So nice that Sheamus and Bryan get to have their wresltmania match tonight. Having Snoop Dogg and Hornswaggle on the show was too important to pass up last night

RIP ratings.

Lunchbox

Banned
Azuran said:
Orton carried that match. That psychology was all him

317clcx.gif

Basileus777 said:
Batista was way over and a big draw in a 2 title era. It's not really that shocking.

Aye. It'll just be weird to think that we'll be going through that list in years to come and we'll look back and think. . .what on earth. .

Its always struck me as odd that given the many great matches he's been in, carried, the feuds he's been involved with, his deadman gimmick and his streak. . that Taker has so few heavyweight title reigns to his name. HBK too.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
lawl Kurt Angle claims his twitter account was hacked and that's where the bitching about WWE using "his" moves came from? For Christ's sake, if you wake up one morning and think "hey I said something really stupid last night," then at least be a man and just say "hey sorry, what I said last night was dumb."

Galvanise_ said:
Its always struck me as odd that given the many great matches he's been in, carried, the feuds he's been involved with, his deadman gimmick and his streak. . that Taker has so few heavyweight title reigns to his name. HBK too.

The truly great ones don't really need title belts.

Sometimes though, title belts need great ones to hold them, hence the runs of Ric Flair.

Linkified

JdFoX187 said:
Why I even bother...

Why do you continue to ignore the fact the Hall of Fame is such a sham? This should be something special. If they're going to half-ass the production, why even bother showing it to begin with? Let's bump someone who actually contributed to the product for someone that made a one-off appearance so he can pimp his show on HBO.

Wow, that's an extremely sad statistic. More than half of a "four hour extravaganza" devoted to promos, backstage segments and other crap.
Money. They also need a reason to get people to buy the wrestlemania DVD.

Pristine_Condition said:
The truly great ones don't really need title belts.

Sometimes though, title belts need great ones to hold them, hence the runs of Ric Flair.

Nicely put. I guess he has 'The Streak' and probably therefore the longest list of 'memorable' matches anyone will ever have at Mania.

Galvanise_ said:
Aye. It'll just be weird to think that we'll be going through that list in years to come and we'll look back and think. . .what on earth. .

It is a bit weird, but it's pretty easy to see how it's due to a difference between eras. I mean look at the length of Sammartino and Backlund's reigns. Plus Taker and HBK weren't really the huge face of the company type draws that tend to dominate the title scene. And HBK had that long long lay-off due to injury.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
This probably seems like a dumb complaint but I can't help it, I hate the Hall of Fame music. It's just so goddamn awful.

siddx said:
This probably seems like a dumb complaint but I can't help it, I hate the Hall of Fame music. It's just so goddamn awful.

DAAAA DAAAAA. . .DA DA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. . .DAAAA . . DAAAA . .DA DA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

dream

I would enjoy Bryan Danielson if I saw him.

Daniel Bryan is just bland, unappealing, and unwatchable. He is the personification of bathroom breaks.

dream

The editing is uncharacteristically choppy for a WWE production.

lol@Ellering with the rolled up WSJ though.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Azuran said:
LOL

In-ring wise, CM Punk has to be the most overrated wrestler ever. His only great match has been the TLC with Jeff. Oh wait, I kinda forgot you guys suck his dick thanks to his mic skills, so I get he gets a break.

Remember his feud with Mysterio last year? Wasn't that supposed to be epic according to everyone?

BLASPHEMY!, no one talks like that to our Lord & Savior like that, you Heathen.

CM Punk at least is fucking fresh, and has the charisma, his mic skills attribute to the overall presentation and tries to put on a good show, not like Mr.Randy Boreton 5 Moves of Doom consisting of head locks, leg locks, arm locks, every fucking lock you can on a human body or the stupid faces & gorilla stomping to rile the crowd lol

Galvanise_ said:
Nicely put. I guess he has 'The Streak' and probably therefore the longest list of 'memorable' matches anyone will ever have at Mania.

Sean Michaels might have something to say about that. HHH too.

Undertaker has had more crap matches than either guy. Not his fault, but when you've got guys like Kane, (twice, both sucked) Psycho Sid, Giant Gonzales, Diesel, and Mark Henry, along with guys like Snuka, Bundy, and Roberts all on their way out to go with at Wrestlemania, you're gonna have a tough time beating those guys out.

HeySeuss

dream said:
I would enjoy Bryan Danielson if I saw him.

Daniel Bryan is just bland, unappealing, and unwatchable. He is the personification of bathroom breaks.
Man I've waited for so long for more of you guys to say this. I've said for a long time he's boring and has absolutely zero personality. You know its bad when the Bella twins and Gail Kim are more interesting than the US champion.

Everybody likes to make the Benoit comparison but it really doesn't fly. Benoit got over on his intensity, which Bryan doesn't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom