• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdajr

MetatronM said:
Really? We're still doing this dumb schtick?

It's too bad if anyone actually believed he was coming back for good. At least we got something, and even then people have questioned it's execution.

sajj316

Another point...

Taker/HHH just had a hell of a match-up. Chairs, Cole-mine, steel steps, and barricade. Cena and Miz go through the barricade once and its a double count out. Not only does it piss off fans for a lack of a winner in the match, it also makes Cena and Miz rather weak.

Who the heck booked this match?

dream

Like Al Snow told Boogeyman on Tough Enough - there's no room for liars in the WWE.

I hope Dwayne tears a quad on his goodbye exit.

jmdajr

sajj316 said:
Another point...

Taker/HHH just had a hell of a match-up. Chairs, Cole-mine, steel steps, and barricade. Cena and Miz go through the barricade once and its a double count out. Not only does it piss off fans for a lack of a winner in the match, it also makes Cena and Miz rather weak.

Back in the Attitude era you could fight all over the Arena. You didn't even need a stipulation. The referee just didn't count you out.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
PWInsider said:
World Wrestling Entertainment sources have confirmed that Jon Moxley has been offered a WWE developmental deal.

Moxley, who broke out in a big way over the last year with Dragon Gate USA as the nucleus of the Kamikaze USA Group, was originally trained by Cody Hawk and Les Thatcher.

Moxley was signed to DGUSA but the promotion has confirmed that Moxley is being released from his deal with their full blessing to sign with WWE. Moxley finished with DGUSA over the weekend and will finish with EVOLVE on 4/19 in New York City.

Don't know much about this guy. Bootaaay? Do you know anything about him?

What a god awful WM. The first one I've watched since... 22? Absolutely shit. The product is horrendous these days.

Even The Rock couldn't save it.

The only saving grace was HHH/Taker which was genuinely great.

It's so sad that WWE have to rely on HHH/Taker/Rock/Austin to get me to watch these days. I'm going to keep flicking through RAW to watch Rock segments but nothing else.

How I miss the Attitude era.

Judderman said:
Don't know much about this guy. Bootaaay? Do you know anything about him?

Oh, that is freaking AWESOME! I'm a big fan of Moxley, he's really broken out in the indy scene this past year or so - he often gets compared to Tracy Smothers, in that he's a fantastic brawler, but he can tell a great story too and has quickly become known as one of the best promo guys on the indies today;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKlz261mL00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kipB5sfwNL0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvUG-_YjNLI

*edit, I just realised that tonight is the very last episode of ROH on HDnet, and it should be one worth checking out with just one fantastic tag match dominating the entire show; Roderick Strong & The King's of Wrestling vs Davey Richards & The Briscoe Brothers.

Bootaaay said:
Oh, that is freaking AWESOME! I'm a big fan of Moxley, he's really broken out in the indy scene this past year or so - he often gets compared to Tracy Smothers, in that he's a fantastic brawler, but he can tell a great story too and has quickly become known as one of the best promo guys on the indies today;

Nice. He'll make a great manager/valet in WWE.

Linkified

Bootaaay said:

*edit, I just realised that tonight is the very last episode of ROH on HDnet, and it should be one worth checking out with just one fantastic tag match dominating the entire show; Roderick Strong & The King's of Wrestling vs Davey Richards & The Briscoe Brothers.

So Moxley if he does get to WWE TV will have a Mafia gimmick.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Linkified said:
So Moxley if he does get to WWE TV will have a Mafia gimmick.

That would be a horrendous idea. I'm sure Michael Hayes is all over it.

Balya

bjork said:
What's that got to do with anything? I still think Puck could've taken his shtick from the streets of San Fran right into ECW arena.

DUDE. Puck Dudley. That would've been fucking epic.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
dream said:
I think Sin Cara debuts tonight. Just in time for HHH to get his heat back.

Old school HHH tonight. Sin Cara comes out, the buildup to his entrance is promoted all through the show, he finally makes his entrance, and HHH comes out and pedigrees him on the ramp, effectively wasting the buildup and burying him on the spot.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Plinko said:
Old school HHH tonight. Sin Cara comes out, the buildup to his entrance is promoted all through the show, he finally makes his entrance, and HHH comes out and pedigrees him on the ramp, effectively wasting the buildup and burying him on the spot.

wresstleGAF rage would most likely explode the site

sajj316 said:
Another point...

Trips vs Taker was a No Holds Barred match. They would have been counted out plenty of times.

Even with Sin Cara debuting tonight I don't think I'll be able to stomach tonight's Raw. Michael Cole's character is going to be so overblown and obnoxious. I wouldn't be surprised if Cole opens the show himself.

somedevil

Can't wait for the hall of fame show where they bumped off sunny's speech for the edited down Drew Carey speech without all the booos because they have to promote his new show.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Guys, I'm pretty sure they're using Ameno for Mistico. It's been in all of his promo material, why wouldn't they use it for his entrrance?

Linkhero1 said:
♫ Ohhh written in the stars
A million miles away
A message to the main
Ohhhhhhhhh
Seasons come and go
But I will never change
And I’m on my way ♫
YOU MOFO DON'T TAKE MY GIMMICK!

nYPbL.jpg

oh, ohohoh...

antonifuassholes.jpg

oh, ohohoh...

Linkified

somedevil said:
Can't wait for the hall of fame show where they bumped off sunny's speech for the edited down Drew Carey speech without all the booos because they have to promote his new show.
Don't be daft it will have sunny, drew and hbk speeches

Mrbob

The whole Cena thing is a bit amusing. Is the new WWE really this weak? Rock shows up out of nowhere from a 7 year hiatus and now Cena is getting massive boos. Also, if they would turn Cena heel who would be the face to take him on? Does the WWE even have another relatively popular face?

Plinko said:
WWE probably blew a huge opportunity last night. The Rock and SCSA being actually involved with the card was huge and probably drew back a ton of fans who had left over the years.

Then they put on a terrible show.

Pretty much this for me. I haven't watched much wrestling anymore but tuned in for the ramp up to Wrestlemania. The show was terrible and when The Rock leaves again to promote Fast Five I have little reason to continue to watch. Especially after last night.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Even with Sin Cara debuting tonight I don't think I'll be able to stomach tonight's Raw. Michael Cole's character is going to be so overblown and obnoxious. I wouldn't be surprised if Cole opens the show himself.

I don't know who enjoys this dumb feud. It took up so much time. People have their beefs with the show but my #1 beef was how long that match took and then the stupid TNA ending they forced on us. Austin didn't touch Cole once and they talk about the unnecessary aggression of Austin in the match? So forced

If I wasn't a doctor, I'd have applied for a position in Creative a long time ago!

GaimeGuy

Mrbob said:
The whole Cena thing is a bit amusing. Is the new WWE really this weak? Rock shows up out of nowhere from a 7 year hiatus and now Cena is getting massive boos.
Cena has been getting massive boos from everyone except women who think he's hot and little kids for the last... 5 or 6 years or so.

The only reason you heard no cheers at mania is because, well, it's mania. Little kids can't afford tickets (or the outrageous $55-$65 ppv price)

Four_Chamber said:
I don't know who enjoys this dumb feud. It took up so much time. People have their beefs with the show but my #1 beef was how long that match took and then the stupid TNA ending they forced on us. Austin didn't touch Cole once and they talk about the unnecessary aggression of Austin in the match? So forced

If I wasn't a doctor, I'd have applied for a position in Creative a long time ago!

Not to mention Swagger interfered numerous times. Plus if anyone abused their power on the night, it was the Rock. Where was his GM chime in? By GM's logic, Cena should be the champion right now.

I really really hated that whole Cole/Lawler thing, which sucks because I was really looking forward to it.

Mrbob

GaimeGuy said:
Cena has been getting massive boos from everyone except women who think he's hot and little kids for the last... 5 or 6 years or so.

The only reason you heard no cheers at mania is because, well, it's mania. Little kids can't afford tickets (or the outrageous $55-$65 ppv price)

It was a bit of a surreal moment. The face comes out and he is getting booed more than the heel. This is the main event at Wrestlemania as well.

GaimeGuy

Mrbob said:
It was a bit of a surreal moment. The face comes out and he is getting booed more than the heel. This is the main event at Wrestlemania as well.
he's now been in the championship match at 7 straight manias, and won 5 of them.

People are sick of cena.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
How was the DGUSA show? I didn't have enough in my budget to watch it after dropping the $20 on ROH and $55 (Ugh.) on WM.

worldrunover said:
Not to mention Swagger interfered numerous times. Plus if anyone abused their power on the night, it was the Rock. Where was his GM chime in? By GM's logic, Cena should be the champion right now.

I really really hated that whole Cole/Lawler thing, which sucks because I was really looking forward to it.

Worst part is Josh Matthews got drawn into it and got stunned hhahah

I'm actually really looking forward to RAW just to see how they're going to try to clean up this clusterfuck. If I have to hear Cole/Lawler continue to bicker, I might put it on mute. It's not funny anymore- it was fine when the heel and face announcer coexisted but at least they would still call the damn matches.

sajj316

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Trips vs Taker was a No Holds Barred match. They would have been counted out plenty of times.
Should have made my point more clear. There wasn't even an attempt by Cena or Miz to get back to the ring. They both were laid out like Taker and HHH were after their match. It's as though they just had a stellar 25 minute match. Pretty weak.

Mrbob

GaimeGuy said:
he's now been in the championship match at 7 straight manias, and won 5 of them.

People are sick of cena.

Lol 7 straight damn. I didn't even know that. Insane. Has he been a face this entire time?

Wrestlemania27033.jpg

Wrestlemania27034.jpg

I really enjoyed WM. Even we were surprised the WHC was up first but we saw Brodus out near the ring when the promo hit. The Rock was amazing on the rock. I definitely "assumed the position". Will have to wait till it comes out on blu-ray to see how it actually was though. Because when you are at a wrestling event live, everything is sweet. You just can't hate on it. Overall, did you guys at least find it watchable?

Sunny's induction speech is getting bumped from the USA show tonight to make room for Drew Carey's speech. Carey's got a promotional deal to promote an improv special on HBO later in the month, so Sunny got bumped.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
AnEternalEnigma said:
Sunny's induction speech is getting bumped from the USA show tonight to make room for Drew Carey's speech. Carey's got a promotional deal to promote an improv special on HBO later in the month, so Sunny got bumped.

Fucking ridiculous.

dream

I just remembered Dwayne promised it would be "the most memorable WrestleMania of all time."

Another broken promise from Dwayne Johnson.

AnEternalEnigma said:

I am so happy a Whose Line style show is coming back, but seriously fuck him. He was never of interest on the show any way, Brady, Stiles and Mockery were always the reason I watched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom