• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdajr

You don't need a Title to tell good stories. Unfortunately only the top superstars get the best stories these days. Old WWE had better storylines for those not in the "main event." I don't think things will change but it be nice to throw the lower card a bone or two. Not like I'm going to stop watching either way.

Fell asleep before the start of Raw last night, but after watching it and seeing Cena ask for one more match, my mind said WM28 and I LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL...but I understand Rock is filming a movie so he needs to get the prior obligation out of the way first, but this was was never going to be at one of there regular PPV...

Dork Knight said:
I just read the WrestlingObserver's Raw Report and a comment at the end reminded me of something that really bothered me about Cena's promos lately. Here's the snippet:

I thought the same thing last night. You'd think that Cena would be oh, I don't know, PISSED at the Rock for screwing him out of the title, but he was all happy go lucky. Doesn't make any sense. Shame Rock has to pretend to pander to him now, too.

I went from wanting to see Rock kick his ass to not caring at all. Good job, WWE! :D

This is incorrect, as Cena even said in the promo if The Rock didn't get invovled the match would have ended in a draw, meaning he wouldn't have been champion anyway.

Hope Cena wins a WM28, Rock coming back has so far been a let down for me and took the focus away from the rest of WreslteMania.

Kyoufu

Nemesis121 said:
Fell asleep before the start of Raw last night, but after watching it and seeing Cena ask for one more match, my mind said WM28 and I LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL...but I understand Rock is filming a movie so he needs to get the prior obligation out of the way first, but this was was never going to be at one of there regular PPV...

I don't mind the WM28 booking, I just wonder wtf they're going to do in the meantime. Who will Cena feud with?

Kyoufu said:
Err

Cena is 9 times champion, he doesn't give a shit. To him, beating The Rock means more than winning the title for the 10th fucking time.

Kinda like how I don't give a shit about him beating The Rock! Ah! It makes sense now.

krae_man said:
Don't be so sure. Remember, they put the title on Batista last Wrestlemania even though the feud didn't need it. Also, what are they gonna do, have Cena not try to win the WWE title or Royal Rumble?

It would seem like a waste to make Cena/Rock for the title since The Rock obviously won't be around to defend it if they actually let him win (like that's gonna happen -- lolololol!). I imagine this is going to be more like Hogan/Rock where the importance of the match transcends the title. Like everyone is saying: Cena doesn't give a shit about the title! Why add it?

Jeff Albertson said:
This is incorrect, as Cena even said in the promo if The Rock didn't get invovled the match would have ended in a draw, meaning he wouldn't have been champion anyway.

They booked themselves into a bit of a corner there, with the double count out. The Rock didn't technically cost Cena anything.

They probably should have had Rock interfere earlier causing the Miz to win by dq....but then that makes the Miz look weak......christ I got nothin.

Kyoufu

jmdajr said:
For the time being I guess Miz. He'll need that rematch.

He isn't #1 contender any more, he has no clause for a rematch, PLUS he said on RAW that he never wants to face Miz again.

Who the fuck is he going to feud with?

jmdajr

Kyoufu said:
He isn't #1 contender any more, he has no clause for a rematch, PLUS he said on RAW that he never wants to face Miz again.

\

his tweet said otherwise-

CeNation. Well rock. U got a year to get ready. Me...ill be in bridgeport mon with my sights set back on the Miz. I can not wait

so when is the draft?
edit: april 18 it seems

Kyoufu

jmdajr said:
\

his tweet said otherwise-

CeNation. Well rock. U got a year to get ready. Me...ill be in bridgeport mon with my sights set back on the Miz. I can not wait

Oh I didn't see that tweet. Weird, he said he doesn't want to fight the Miz again lol

Guess he'll get a rematch at Extreme Rules.

I hope Cody gets drafted to RAW.

krae_man

My favorite match of all time is Bret Hart-Hakushi. Not the In Your House match, the one on Raw that was almost the entire show.

x Power Pad Death Stomp x said:
They booked themselves into a bit of a corner there, with the double count out. The Rock didn't technically cost Cena anything.

They probably should have had Rock interfere earlier causing the Miz to win by dq....but then that makes the Miz look weak......christ I got nothin.

The simplest way would have been Rock's music to hit, him walk out distracting Cena and then Miz hits the SCF for the win, then Rock enters and Peoples Elbow to Cena to end the show.

Miz looks strong, but Rock distraction costs Cena.

Predictable but no worst than the real ending

Spiderjericho said:
So Mania is in Miami (my home town)

Has Rock vs. Cena

Undertaker vs. ??? (20-0)

A few championship matches

Celebrities

...sold...
Sting vs Daniel Bryan*

*Match gets cut from air due to time constraints

tralfazz

I've noticed that WWE are putting some of their PPVs on iTunes. Are there any matches on there worth picking up? Only $2 each. Thinking of the DB v Ziggles match and the Morrison v Sheamus ladder match.

Linkified

I know, I know ...

Its kinda strange that :-
a)Daniel Bryan has new ring gear
b)Sin Cara entrance video and music has an almost egyptian like quality
c)Saving Bryan.

Bryan must of rubbed his Lamp hard.

tralfazz said:
I've noticed that WWE are putting some of their PPVs on iTunes. Are there any matches on there worth picking up? Only $2 each. Thinking of the DB v Ziggles match and the Morrison v Sheamus ladder match.

The Daniel Bryan vs John Morrison vs Miz match was pretty good, I think it was a Submissions Count Anywhere match.

tralfazz

Bootaaay said:
The Daniel Bryan vs John Morrison vs Miz match was pretty good, I think it was a Submissions Count Anywhere match.

I was looking for that one but they don't offer it. It's a slim selection. It looks like they are testing the waters with it. It'd be great if the whole catalog was available.

Kyoufu said:

You have to remember. Cena is Cena. He's always the #1 contender.

jmdajr

So after finally getting an Android phone I have now downloaded..
THE TWITTER APP! :O

Now I can always know what CM PUNK\Chris Jericho\Shawn Micheal's etc. are up to!

I assume HHH and Undertaker don't have one.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
jmdajr said:

Now I can always know what CM PUNK\Chris Jericho\Shawn Micheal's etc. are up to!

Man I wish Undertaker had twitter just because he's full-on kayfaybe outside the ring.

jmdajr said:

Follow @WWE_Creative It's fake, but absolutely hilarious.

Non wrestling related, follow @cher. Seriously. She has no idea how to use twitter and posts strange and hilarious ramblings

MattyH

i already see a major flaw with tough enough the winner will either go straight to raw or smackdown do shit then get sent to FCW and then NXT or go straight to fcw then get released

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
MattyH said:
i already see a major flaw with tough enough the winner will either go straight to raw or smackdown do shit then get sent to FCW and then NXT or go straight to fcw then get released

Yeah maybe. But Maven had a decentish run and Miz is the WWE champ so you never know.

Linkified

MattyH said:

Thats why some of the guys are indy wrestlers, one of them will win.

MisterHero

i was thinking about Austin's question on Tough Enough about favorite matches

i remember watching the Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon ladder match but I have fond memories of watching Shawn vs Bret in an Iron Man match at Wrestlemania 12 on a primitive portable television because the power was out

i remember it most probably because it was so damn long lol

bozeman

If Stone Cold provides a new story every week of when he shit his pants in the ring but kept going, I'll continue to watch Tough Enough.

I watched the Tough Enough.

I don't really watch much tv except for the news, sportscenter and the longest running show in entertainment history.

The show just seemed extremely scripted. I can't stand reality tv shows but at least the footage looks dirty/raw (using a normal camera not some Melrose Place film cameras). Like the lighting when Stone Cold would open the door looked fake.

And are they admitting wrestling is fake? Also, hopefully, the character's personalities will begin to shine more. Only the females really got over. You kind of got an idea of party boy, work hard boy, male chauvinist pig and Afro.

Also, it needs more Booker saying that's my Dawg. And male students trying to hit on Trish.

jmdajr

Spiderjericho said:

I don't really watch much tv except for the news, sportscenter and the longest running show in entertainment history.

The show just seemed extremely scripted. I can't stand reality tv shows but at least the footage looks dirty/raw (using a normal camera not some Melrose Place film cameras). Like the lighting when Stone Cold would open the door looked fake.

And are they admitting wrestling is fake?
Also, hopefully, the character's personalities will begin to shine more. Only the females really got over. You kind of got an idea of party boy, work hard boy, male chauvinist pig and Afro.

Also, it needs more Booker saying that's my Dawg. And male students trying to hit on Trish.

dude for real?

Forkball

WM 28: Cena vs. Rock in Miami
Cena gets One Night Stand style heat
Snaps, beats down The Rock, wins, turns heel

THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN BELIEVE

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Spiderjericho said:

And are they admitting wrestling is fake? Also, hopefully, the character's personalities will begin to shine more. Only the females really got over. You kind of got an idea of party boy, work hard boy, male chauvinist pig and Afro.

I haven't seen Tough Enough yet but it shouldn't be that surprising. Reality shows aren't really as raw or unscripted as they want you to think. Plus I think one of the dirt sheets said that this was going to be more scripted than the previous seasons.

Also the whole "wrestling is fake" thing has been an open secret since at least the mid 90's. Although a better term to use would be scripted.

I want ever so badly to like wrestling again, but every time I've tried in the last 5 years I've been horribly disappointed.

Last night was no exception. : /

jmdajr

TheLastCandle said:
I want ever so badly to like wrestling again, but every time I've tried in the last 5 years I've been horribly disappointed.

Last night was no exception. : /
well you tried.

Me.... I've been watching so long, I just just don't see myself stopping. I like being along for the ride.

jmdajr

One of my favorite documentaries of all time is Pumping Iron. But upon seeing the behind the scenes footage you see how a lot of stuff was scripted and not what it seemed to be. Oh well you know, but the important thing is I enjoyed watching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom