• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonz

The sheets are saying the expected Post WM culling is gonna be 12-14 talent fired.

Poor HHH. Should have stayed away from the chair headshot and saying the world wrestling :(

antonz said:
The sheets are saying the expected Post WM culling is gonna be 12-14 talent fired.

Poor HHH. Should have stayed away from the chair headshot and saying the world wrestling :(
He's an outlaw, it's what they do.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
antonz said:

i bet hornswaggle is one of them. they made him talk. that sounds like a game ender

Keyser Soze said:
Future Endeavored Predictions

Jey Uso
Jimmy Uso
Primo
Tarvar
Vladimir Kozlov
Yoshi Tatsu
Zack Ryder
Curt Hawkins
Tyler Reks
Chris Masters
Maryse :/
Rosa Mendes
Kaitlyn
Matt Striker

while i dont want those two to go, it only seems logical

Jey Uso
Jimmy Uso
Primo
Tarvar
Vladimir Kozlov
Yoshi Tatsu
Zack Ryder
Curt Hawkins
Tyler Reks
Chris Masters
Rosa Mendes
Kaitlyn
Matt Striker

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
If Maryse gets future endeavored I will superkick Ted Dibiase.

If Kaitlyn gets fired I will fucking riot.

If Zack Ryder gets fired, well he better not get fucking fired.

Striker

Why shouldn't Ted Dibiase get released? He is only on the roster because of his name. Zack Ryder has more potential as a character and wrestler.

I could honestly see few divas like Melina, Rosa, or Tamina getting released. Even though ones like Melina and Tamina are probably better in the ring than garbage like Eve.

Kyoufu

You're safe if you have either huge connections or your dad is a hall of famer. Dibiase is safe sadly.

Don't give a shit about the Divas.

antonz

I think half the problem with Ted is the fact the company has used him like shit and handled the Million Dollar Man 2.0 Gimmick like shit.

antonz said:
I think half the problem with Ted is the fact the company has used him like shit and handled the Million Dollar Man 2.0 Gimmick like shit.

I agree. I think he can cut a good promo if given something that doesn't suck and that he can go in the ring.

antonz

If they are gonna make Him MDM 2.0 Then they need to do it. He is supposed to be the rich asshole.

Outside of the constant derp derp hes the trustfund kid comments they never developed the character beyond see he has a hot gold digger following him around.

Linkified

antonz said:

It most likely will be alot of developmental deals.

Will Superstars be in the same position as NXT with international contracts leading it to continue only on WWE.com in the US? Or will it just go away after this week?

Linkified

AdawgDaFAB said:
Will Superstars be in the same position as NXT with international contracts leading it to continue only on WWE.com in the US? Or will it just go away after this week?

Its still showig on BSkyB next week last time I checked probably. Vince needs as much content to create his own worldwide TV channel

I know there was heat on Striker about the "I'm marking out right now!" comment, but if an announcer WAS to be FE'd I'd imagine it would be Todd before Matt.

Just watched Raw, was I the only person hoping for The Corre to beat down Cena and Rock? After revealing WM28 as the grand plan for Rock/Cena I feel that a swift mugging was in order.

As for Favourite match: I've always been a fan of the first Money In The Bank match. Alternatively for a 1 on 1 match either the Backlash 2000 or Judgement Day 2000 editions of Rock/HHH (outside interference and all!)

Jay Sosa

Plywood said:
Half of the divas are going because they're going to be hiring Snooki part time.

So they fired Mickey because she was too fat and now they're hiring Snooki who weighs three times as much and can't wrestle?

Kyoufu

the_log_ride said:
Stone Cold makes this show good enough for me to watch every week.

I'm not even gonna speak on WM28 booking this far out.... Geez.

It is ridonkulous in the sense that it has never been done for (I think) but you know, that isn't a bad thing.

I just wonder what the hell Cena will do until then.

Keyser Soze said:

Jey Uso
Jimmy Uso
Primo
Tarvar
Vladimir Kozlov
Yoshi Tatsu
Zack Ryder
Curt Hawkins
Tyler Reks
Chris Masters
Rosa Mendes
Kaitlyn
Matt Striker

Can't disagree with many of these, poor Tarver I thought he was set for a comeback. Maryse will be ok though.

I worry for Mark Henry he hasn't been on TV much recently.

Is there anyway to watch Tough Enough over in the UK I want to watch.

Raw was pretty poor, I cringed a bit when Sin Cara botched his entrance, serves him right for stealing it from the Spirit Squad anyway :p

Anyone else feel bad for Sheamus and Bryan, they both had new attire for their match at Mania and then got bumped off the real card and had to debut it on Raw lol

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
AShep said:
Razor Ramon vs HBK ladder match at Wrestlemania 10.

This is the correct answer (along with their next one as well).

Also, Bret Hart vs. British Bulldog at Wembley Stadium.

LOL at the guy who listed Lesnar/Goldberg.

dc89

Jay Sosa said:
So they fired Mickey because she was too fat and now they're hiring Snooki who weighs three times as much and can't wrestle?

Is that the reason they got rid of Mickie? She was a good wrestler imo.

knee

Judderman said:
mbubkz.gif

I came here for this.

Just watched it this morning and nearly choked, hahahahah

My favorite match is pretty random. I was and still am huge Bret Hart fan even during his heel run. which lead to an epic 10 man tag match at candian stampede. the crowd was insane loved every second of it.

JavyOO7

Favorite matches of mine still hasn't changed for me...

Kobashi/Kikuchi vs Krofatt/Furnas in '92 when the crowd popped for just about anything
Kobashi vs Takayama '04... daaaamn. Awesome shit. :)

Jay Sosa said:

I said this the other day about Snooki but its equally true about Mickie, I would let either of them violate and degrade me, and enjoy it.

Kyoufu

I'm having trouble thinking of my favourite match. Pretty much every match during the Attitude era was hot stuff, and my memory isn't good enough to remember them all in exact detail :(

dc89 said:
Is that the reason they got rid of Mickie? She was a good wrestler imo.
The dirt sheets said it was because she was a crazy bitch always starting trouble backstage and showing up late for tours and junk.

JavyOO7 said:
Favorite matches of mine still hasn't changed for me...

Kobashi/Kikuchi vs Krofatt/Furnas in '92 when the crowd popped for just about anything
Kobashi vs Takayama '04... daaaamn. Awesome shit. :)
Can't argue with these - definitely in my top 20, probably top 10 depending on when you ask me. The term "pop" is meaningless until you've seen that Can-Am Express match.

For #1 I have to go the cliché route and say Misawa/Kobashi vs. Kawada/Taue 6/19/95.

Recent things that I loved were all the Morishima/Danielson matches a few years ago, and Suzuki/Suwama from last August.

jmdajr

Oh my God

please............

don't fire Maryse!

edit: I was amazed how mad I was when Cole sprayed BBQ sauce all over JR. I wanted to kill him. haha. On that note I have in fact ordered and used the BBQ sauce. Is not so bad!

I just read the WrestlingObserver's Raw Report and a comment at the end reminded me of something that really bothered me about Cena's promos lately. Here's the snippet:

The final segment of the show started with a smiling and laughing Cena coming out. Yes, this guy gets screwed out of the world title in the main event of the biggest show of the year and even then he still isn’t angry about it 24 hours later. What is this guy thinking? Is it that hard to grasp the sort of message this sends about the importance of matches? Derek Anderson was caught laughing very briefly on the sideline of a random, uncompetitive regular season NFL game between two terrible teams and he was excoriated for months over it and will likely spend the rest of his career trying to live it down. Cena gets ripped off in the biggest match of the year and he’s as jolly as ever. Why does he even wrestle if the title is so unimportant to him?

I thought the same thing last night. You'd think that Cena would be oh, I don't know, PISSED at the Rock for screwing him out of the title, but he was all happy go lucky. Doesn't make any sense. Shame Rock has to pretend to pander to him now, too.

I went from wanting to see Rock kick his ass to not caring at all. Good job, WWE! :D

Dork Knight said:
I just read the WrestlingObserver's Raw Report and a comment at the end reminded me of something that really bothered me about Cena's promos lately. Here's the snippet:

I thought the same thing last night. You'd think that Cena would be oh, I don't know, PISSED at the Rock for screwing him out of the title, but he was all happy go lucky. Doesn't make any sense. Shame Rock has to pretend to pander to him now, too.

I went from wanting to see Rock kick his ass to not caring at all. Good job, WWE! :D

He is laughing because he was screwed out of a good championship match by the Rock for a match to be setup one year later. He was laughing at Michael Hayes.

Kyoufu

Err

Cena is 9 times champion, he doesn't give a shit. To him, beating The Rock means more than winning the title for the 10th fucking time.

Kyoufu said:
Err

Cena is 9 times champion, he doesn't give a shit. To him, beating The Rock means more than winning the title for the 10th fucking time.

He is laughing at the fact that to accommodate the Rock he had to be booked in a shitty WM main event.

Kyoufu said:
Err

And this is why WWE Creative fails.

The world titles are going to be as important as the US/IC belts soon....

krae_man

Dork Knight said:
Guess that means they actually have to build credible champions since Rock/Cena obviously won't be for the title.

Don't be so sure. Remember, they put the title on Batista last Wrestlemania even though the feud didn't need it. Also, what are they gonna do, have Cena not try to win the WWE title or Royal Rumble?

Four_Chamber said:
Rima Fakih = yummy. That one black chick (not sure her name) is a winner too

You're probably thinking of Alicia Fox's sister Christina.

jobber said:
Boogeyman vs. Taker at Mania 28

DO IT VINCE

Streak vs Streak!

Four_Chamber said:
After getting bored to death by Jersey Shore, I'm really enjoying this.

Rima has got a ghetto streak. She is yummy with her looks and attitude combined.

I dunno, this show makes me appreciate how much better Layla and Eve have gotten. This stuff isn't easy. Speaking of divas, can't wait until the Beth Phoenix/Awesome Kong feud. She hasn't been on TV in a long time and I miss the Glamazon :(

She sung hot summer nights with Khali at Mania.

Kyoufu

x Power Pad Death Stomp x said:
And this is why WWE Creative fails.

The world titles are going to be as important as the US/IC belts soon....

I can see why you would say that and in no way do I disagree with that, but its evident the title means something when The Miz carries it around like hes the shit for being champ. Miz makes it look prestigious still.

That doesn't mean Cena wouldn't make the title look great either, but this guy has openly stated for years that he wants The Rock back more than anything. It shouldn't surprise anyone that he wouldn't care about the Miz or the title.

Cena vs Rock has been masturbated over for years and years. If I was Cena I would smiling too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom