• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
MattyH said:
Maven was a decent wrestler tbf and Miz got there at the right time
No, what it comes down to is that only you can truly get yourself over/buried. Even when Daniel Bryan got straight fired, everyone loved him so he had to come back. He made that opportunity for himself. Bad booking, politics, your background are obstacles but they don't keep you down nor do they keep you in the main event.

P.S. Zack Ryder isn't getting fired for just this reason. Well, somebody stupid could get him fired, but you'd see enough of a reaction from the crowd that they'd bring him back. Not gonna book him on TV? He gets himself over with True Long Island Story.

jmdajr

Matthew Gallant said:
No, what it comes down to is that only you can truly get yourself over/buried. Even when Daniel Bryan got straight fired, everyone loved him so he had to come back. He made that opportunity for himself. Bad booking, politics, your background are obstacles but they don't keep you down nor do they keep you in the main event.

P.S. Zack Ryder isn't getting fired for just this reason. Well, somebody stupid could get him fired, but you'd see enough of a reaction from the crowd that they'd bring him back. Not gonna book him on TV? He gets himself over with True Long Island Story.

that dude has the right attitude. positive.

krae_man

Forkball said:
WM 28: Cena vs. Rock in Miami
Cena gets One Night Stand style heat
Edge Spears Cena into table wearing Biker Helmet
Crowd cheers "Thank you Edge!"

THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN BELIEVE

JavyOO7

BigKaboom2 said:
Can't argue with these - definitely in my top 20, probably top 10 depending on when you ask me. The term "pop" is meaningless until you've seen that Can-Am Express match.

For #1 I have to go the cliché route and say Misawa/Kobashi vs. Kawada/Taue 6/19/95.

Recent things that I loved were all the Morishima/Danielson matches a few years ago, and Suzuki/Suwama from last August.

Oh my god, yes... that match was awesome. I'm going to have to watch that again soon before it completely leaves my memory. =p

I had to quit watching pro wrestling after a while once Misawa died... for some reason, it wasn't the same anymore. And mind you Misawa wasn't even one of my favorite wrestlers... yet, a lot of my favorite matches involve him... so yeah. I miss him. Slowly coming back into pro wrestling. Not sure what has happened to NOAH and the rest of the Japan feds since his death so I'll probably read Wiki to find out. =p

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
TheLastCandle said:
I want ever so badly to like wrestling again, but every time I've tried in the last 5 years I've been horribly disappointed.

Last night was no exception. : /

You mean WWE? Because there's a whole wide world of wrestling out there besides the big E.

Try looking up stuff from Ring of Honor, Dragon Gate USA, Chikara and other smaller feds. Or you can even go the international route and watch stuff from Japan like All Japan, New Japan, Noah, or hell even the wacky DDT. You can also try stuff from Mexico like AAA or CMLL. There's tons more and with the internet, it's easier than ever to get into these feds.

Dinokill

My best two matches of all time

Undertaker vs Mankind Hell in a Cell 2 at Badd Blood
HHH vs HBK vs Benoit for the WHC at WM XX:

And the biggest pop has to be the surprise entrance of Stone Cold Steve Austin at Raw(dont rememver the date) during the match between The Rock and Mankind for the WWF title. The place went fucking nuts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEg1a4FGvTM

Dinokill said:
My best two matches of all time

Undertaker vs Mankind Hell in a Cell 2 at Badd Blood

My only issue with watching Mick Foley wrestle was it just seemed to be a how much punishment can this depraved individual take not he's a ring technician like Benoit, Hart, Jericho or spot/risk taker like HBK, Hardy, etc.

I've watched so many matches that it's hard to really choose a favorite match.

I did like Hell in a Cell 2, Austin vs. Hart at WM, Rock vs. Austin at WM XVII, Savage vs. Steamboat, TLC 1, TLC 2, HBK vs. Jericho, HHH vs. Undertaker at WM XXVII, HBK vs. Undertaker vs. HBK WM XXV and many more.

Might get some flak for this, but my favorite match of all time is HBK vs. Undertaker at WM26. Those two guys told an incredible story and didn't really have any botches like their previous match. Now, Shawn Michaels is my favorite wrestler of all time, but goddamn if there wasn't dust in my eyes after the ending too.

Striker

Too bad he has lost any serious interest. Once his music hit the guy got insane heat. One of the best heels this past decade, and he wasn't around too long.

That guy the WWE just signed, Jon Moxley, seems pretty good on the mic, as well. Hope they can do something good with him - though he'll probably parade around in a clown costume getting tadpole splashed by pedoswaggle.

Jay Sosa

Jeff Albertson said:
I said this the other day about Snooki but its equally true about Mickie, I would let either of them violate and degrade me, and enjoy it.

I would've agreed with you a year ago but damn Snooki got reeeeeally big, Mickie is still fine.

The dirt sheets said it was because she was a crazy bitch always starting trouble backstage and showing up late for tours and junk.

Thanks for clearing that up, really thought they fired her because she was outta shape.

DKehoe

For UK Wrasslin' Gaffers: Mind blown
23hx4ir.jpg

Linkified

Four_Chamber said:
Getting rid of him was so stupid

Guy was actually a pretty good wrestler and his character was gold. In this world of PG WWE, there's no role for him. He was so much fun to watch.

Oh c'mon of course there is, thing is they went for controversial and the US network UPN showing Smackdown told them to keep him off tv. It was fine until the IRA terrorists showed up.

dream

From what I remember, John Cena was having an affair with Mickie on the road and she got psycho when he broke it off.

Lunchbox

Banned
Four_Chamber said:
In this world of PG WWE, there's no role for him. He was so much fun to watch.

he was the most over heel in the last decade, they could've made it work on pg

and none of his promos were violent or sexual either. it was him and daivari talking and looking mean

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
dream said:
From what I remember, John Cena was having an affair with Mickie on the road and she got psycho when he broke it off.
I thought it was Mickie James kept on coming unto Cena while being drunk and Cena wanted her to back off cause he was married. Either way Mickie wanted Cena.

Matthew Gallant said:

How does bad booking not keep you down? Daniel Bryan was brought back in because of how hot the crowd was during his "feud" with The Miz and Cole on NXT + HUGE internet backlash from wrestlers and fans alike, but there's only so many times you can be booked in 4 minute garbage matches before the wrestler is totally out of control in terms of getting himself over. To get yourself over you need opportunities, you need the right environment, the right gimmick, and the right feuds. How does booking not play a HUGE role in that? Of course there comes a point where the wrestler can do his own thing like CM Punk does currently, but if they never gave him the mic and freedom to do his own stuff, how would he ever get over?

And if Zack Ryder was released today, he'd be forgotten by 95% of the WWE audience tomorrow, and anybody left would be his internet fans, which there aren't enough of to make as much noise as the Daniel Bryan release did.

dream

Plywood said:
I thought it was Mickie James kept on coming unto Cena while being drunk and Cena wanted her to back off cause he was married. Either way Mickie wanted Cena.

Do you believe that, though?

Fruity Pebbles or not, I don't think any pro entertainer on the road 250 days of the year would turn down a little hardcore country with Thickie Mickie.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
dream said:

Fruity Pebbles or not, I don't think any pro entertainer on the road 250 days of the year would turn down a little hardcore country with Thickie Mickie.
I understand that she would be a very hard temptation to turn down, but I'd like to give Cena the benefit of the doubt on this one. He's not Brotista after all.

jmdajr

Plywood said:
I understand that she would be a very hard temptation to turn down, but I'd like to give Cena the benefit of the doubt on this one. He's not Brotista after all.

How many woman did Brotista power bomb?

Lunchbox

Banned
dream said:

cena doesnt like roast beef

Kyoufu

Heel Cena would've smanged that all night long, but Never Give Up Cena doesn't touch that as an example.

Edit: WTF at that Eubank sign. Haven't heard that name in over a decade.

I used to have the hugest crush on Mickie, but those pictures... Ugh...

Wasn't there a rumor that Batista printed out Mickie's nudes and posted them all over the locker room once?

Mickie actually lost me when she stopped wearing those delicious short skirts. :/

Jay Sosa said:
I would've agreed with you a year ago but damn Snooki got reeeeeally big, Mickie is still fine.

Thanks for clearing that up, really thought they fired her because she was outta shape.

Snooki looks great at that weight, a bit of thickness is hot.

I don't get the Eubank thing, I know who is and he's awesome but what's the counselling thing reffering to?

Vestal

MisterHero said:
i was thinking about Austin's question on Tough Enough about favorite matches

i remember watching the Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon ladder match but I have fond memories of watching Shawn vs Bret in an Iron Man match at Wrestlemania 12 on a primitive portable television because the power was out

i remember it most probably because it was so damn long lol

Two of my top matches when he asked that question.. Also came to mind:

Sting vs Flair at GAB for stings First title
Any Steamboat vs Flair Match
Flair vs Savage
Savage vs Dibiase(WM4)

As far as Epicness of a match

Austin vs Hart(start of Attitude Era imo)
Rock vs Hogan
Hogan vs Warrior(not the greatest technical match, but from a historical Perspective it was massive)

Vestal said:
Two of my top matches when he asked that question.. Also came to mind:

Sting vs Flair at GAB for stings First title

I just watched this match on youtube and it was great, also a young JR calling the match doubled the awesomeness.

Xater

That was a shitty debut of Mistico, especially with the botch at the beginning. Still showed of some of his talent. I really hope they let him do a lot of high flying stuff.

Also is Mankind vs Undertaker Hell in a Cell a viable favorite match? I fucking love it.

Kyoufu

dream said:
I bet Snooki would have been able to hit the Sin Cara entrance without botching it.

...wait...

Sin Cara isn't Snooki's alter ego?

Xater said:
Oh I forgot to mention: Did they seriously tease a match a year in advance? Absolutely ridiculous.

Its ridonkulous, ballsy and awesome at the same time. Why awesome? Because the writers/bookers have set a challenge for themselves. If they can maintain the people's interest for a whole year then they deserve their paychecks, if not then The Rock will personally fire them.

DKehoe

Xater said:
Oh I forgot to mention: Did they seriously tease a match a year in advance? Absolutely ridiculous.
Them trying to go back to long term booking even if its just for one fued (possibly 2 if they do go for Taker/HHH again) is fine by me.

dream said:

Brotista DID say that Cena loved his fat chicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom