• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

JdFoX187

Banned
So between the Smackdown matches announced and some of the stuff last night on Raw, it's as if WWE is giving the majority of its 'Mania content away free on television. Makes no sense.

JdFoX187 said:
So between the Smackdown matches announced and some of the stuff last night on Raw, it's as if WWE is giving the majority of its 'Mania content away free on television. Makes no sense.
But we don't get all those great skits!!!

Kyoufu

JdFoX187 said:

They're going back to WCW roots where Nitro was leagues ahead of actual PPVs!

JdFoX187 said:

WWE tends to do that with the lower card stuff. They get a small amount of time on WM and then get a rematch that week on TV with more time. I distinctly remember WM 23 when the ECW Originals vs New Breed man tag was super short but the rematch on Tuesday was much longer and really damn good.

Speaking of WM 23, this isn't technically the first time WWE tried to announce a year in advance the WM main event. Kennedy announced he was going to use his MitB at WM shortly after winning it. Of course, he got injured and Edge took the briefcase from him but it WAS in the cards at least.

Penguin

JdFoX187 said:

Eh not really, Rey/Cody, Orton/Punk was turned into a tag match, they do that type of thing all the time to hype up PPV.

I'll grant you The Corre vs Show and Gang

JdFoX187

Banned
I like how
Sin Cara is just showing up randomly taking people out

AdawgDaFAB said:
Speaking of WM 23, this isn't technically the first time WWE tried to announce a year in advance the WM main event. Kennedy announced he was going to use his MitB at WM shortly after winning it. Of course, he got injured and Edge took the briefcase from him but it WAS in the cards at least.
You know, it's kind of sad how many times WWE banked on Kennedy and something happened. Between his injuries and his steroid suspension, the man could have been a main eventer headlining Wrestlemania if he had stayed clean and healthy.

Kyoufu

JdFoX187 said:
I like how
Sin Cara is just showing up randomly taking people out

Its not random. He is taking out all the people who got shitcanned by creative.

Drew Mcintyre is next.

Sheamus made sense because he was the US champ and I could see them pushing Cara right into a midcard title picture. However, Swagger makes no sense to me.

Zhengi

spindashing said:
racism

double spoiler: good job keeping the white man down, Sin Cara!

In what way is Sheamus white? He's not even American. The guy is from Ireland and a foreigner.

JdFoX187

Banned
Zhengi said:
In what way is Sheamus white? He's not even American. The guy is from Ireland and a foreigner.
Have you seen Sheamus? You don't get much whiter than that. White =/= American.

MC Safety

I like this story.

http://deadspin.com/#!5788844

Deadspin does some investigation about Bodog's decision to institute betting on wrestling. Specifically, Wrestlemania.

JdFoX187

Banned
Basileus777 said:
Smackdown spoiler

*Alberto Del Rio defeated Christian to earn a World title shot at the Extreme Rules PPV.
As much as I love Del Rio, a Christian v. Edge ladder match would be epic. Maybe WWE will work it into a triple threat.
The booking would be wasted if that wasn't the case.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Basileus777 said:
Smackdown spoiler

*Alberto Del Rio defeated Christian to earn a World title shot at the Extreme Rules PPV.
Boo. But even if he did win, there's no way they'll give Christian a major title like the WHC or the WWE belt. :(

Kyoufu

Probably already posted, but RAW, HoF and TE all had strong ratings:

RAW:

This week's edition of WWE Monday night RAW drew a 3.8 cable rating, with 5,600,000 viewers. The show did hours of 3.71 (3.7) and 3.93 (3.9). They were hoping for better as the RAW after WrestleMania is usually one of the highest rated shows of the year. They had competition with the NCAA championship game but that turned out to be a dud.

Hall of Fame:

- The WWE Hall of Fame (airing before RAW) drew a 2.36 (2.4) cable rating, with 3,362,000 viewers. That is a very strong rating.

Tough Enough:

-- The season premiere of WWE Tough Enough drew a 2.51 (2.5) cable rating, with 3,326,000 viewers.

-- The WWE Tough Enough replay (12:09) drew a 0.97 (1.0) cable rating, with 1,140,000 viewers.

-- The second WWE Tough Enough replay (1:09) drew a 0.56 (0.6) cable rating, with 515,000 viewers.

-- The USA Network sent out the following: WWE Tough Enough debuted to 3.33 million viewers last night, and a 1.5 rating With Adults 18-49. Tough Enough becomes the #2 new reality series premiere of the year on cable in P18-49 and P18-34.

-- The USA Network and WWE are both thrilled with the Tough Enough numbers.

Really good numbers for them, especially Hall of Fame. Didn't think it would do that well.

Source: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2011/0405/538311/

Mr. Sam

Evening Musuko said:
Boo. But even if he did win, there's no way they'll give Christian a major title like the WHC or the WWE belt. :(
Are you insinuating that Christian isn't good enough to open pay-per-views?

So what's the point of having Del Rio lose at WM only to (most likely) have him win the title at the next PPV? Did they really need to avoid having two heel champions after WM that badly?

JdFoX187

Banned
Basileus777 said:
So what's the point of having Del Rio lose at WM only to (most likely) have him win the title at the next PPV? Did they really need to avoid having two heel champions after WM that badly?
'Mania's booking looked thrown together at the last minute. Cold feet perhaps?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Lunchbox said:
sin cara will fight off the whiteman

mexicana will rise again. Naa sione de dominaion

Sin Cara is really working for Del Rio as his assassin after what the white man did to his car.

Sin Cara Clay Ricardo and Alberto

Mexican Mafiaaaaaaaaaa

oh shit NXT is on

I saw that earlier today and my first thought was: "Good, I hope they leave the HoF like this so they don't have to pull the BS they did the previous years w/ super short time limits in order to have the "main" stuff ready by 11pm." Especially since the TV show is simply a 1 hour tease to get people wanting to buy the DVD + get publicity for their celebrity inductee of the year. Works for me.

Penguin

Basileus777 said:

It has happened before, actually...

very often.

Jericho lost his title within a week of Mania (though to someone else)
Triple H lost his title at the next PPV (As did Cena) after Mania 25
Taker lost his within a month (though he was stripped) after 24 and Orton lost it in a Fatal 4 way

jobber

NXT: Name a WM27 winner

Black Cena said Bret Hart and was eliminated from the game.

jobber

oh shit

Yoshi got bodied by Ted Jr. randomly backstage after Yoshi asked Maryse out on a date

jobber

Professor Beef said:
Didn't they break up though? Why u mad ted?

it was awesome cause Maryse was yelling random french at Ted

the main event is Ted vs Yoshi

Kusagari

JdFoX187 said:
'Mania's booking looked thrown together at the last minute. Cold feet perhaps?

I remember that interview with the ex writer said how Vince would always get cold feet at the last minute about big changes. Del Rio seems to be a victim of this.

JdFoX187

Banned
Penguin said:
It has happened before, actually...

very often.

Jericho lost his title within a week of Mania (though to someone else)
Triple H lost his title at the next PPV (As did Cena) after Mania 25
Taker lost his within a month (though he was stripped) after 24 and Orton lost it in a Fatal 4 way
I can't help but read this in the Charlton Heston voice from Armageddon.

"It has happened before...it will happen again."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom