• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linkified said:
And there was 6 RAW superstars in matches, if Bryans merch was selling better he would be on an in turn and if he could cut a promo then he would get better merchandise.

Look at Santino, biggest comedy guy in WWE - he cuts a promo with a straight face - Bryan can't. Danielson even when doing that wacky promo with Paul London couldn't keep a straight face - even though Paul London could. NXT when doing that big heated promo against Cole his voice cracked.

5YKnb.gif

Kyoufu said:
WWE Superstars is airing tomorrow. I've never seen it, whats the difference between that and Smackdown? Don't they both air on Thursdays? /confused
Tomorrow would be a really bad time to get into Superstars.

Last episode, after 2 years of being the best wrestling show on TV.

Kyoufu

BigKaboom2 said:

Haha, I honestly had no idea tbh. Thought they had two brands and then thats it for TV.

Zhengi

BigKaboom2 said:

You know, I checked out that Bryan/Kim vs Kidd/Melina match and I was amazed how much better the match was when the wrestlers were allowed to wrestle and the commentators actually talked about the match. Comparing it to Raw really hit home just how crappy the announcing was on there.

Lunchbox

Banned
“@aleskywalker: @CMPunk waiting for your TE review... :)”. So far this rima broad needs to take her padding and cover her weird face.
“@tfoskett29: @CMPunk rima is hot. There are couple others that need to go.” Go away with your low standards.
I know this Arianne as, "tampon girl". Maybe I'll tell the story...

http://twitter.com/#!/CMPunk

JdFoX187

Banned
Linkified said:
You got CM Punk/Cody Rhodes vs Randy Orton/Rey M., Lawler vs Swagger, Bryan vs Sheamus on RAW. What more do you want?
Okay, let's look at the matches. Punk/Cody v. Orton/Rey was the only one given any time. Lawler v. Swagger? Are you serious? Terrible idea for a match. But let's go ahead and implement it to pad your position. Bryan v. Sheamus could have been good had it gone on longer than what, 10 minutes? Really...that's all the matches? That sounds like a slam dunk card right there. One quality match, one piece of shit match and a rush job of what should have been the marquis match of the night. This isn't fucking Sunday Night Heat.

Hell, Cole's schtick had more on-screen time than the Bryan v. Sheamus match.

Linkified said:
And there was 6 RAW superstars in matches, if Bryans merch was selling better he would be on an in turn and if he could cut a promo then he would get better merchandise.

Look at Santino, biggest comedy guy in WWE - he cuts a promo with a straight face - Bryan can't. Danielson even when doing that wacky promo with Paul London couldn't keep a straight face - even though Paul London could. NXT when doing that big heated promo against Cole his voice cracked.
Wow, you are seriously a fucking joke character. Bryan can cut a promo. Did you watch NXT? The man is awesome when CREATIVE lets him do what he's good at. He can be intense without the goofy gimmick. You're a mark if you think the dumb nerd gimmick is the best he can put out.

Linkified

JdFoX187 said:
Okay, let's look at the matches. Punk/Cody v. Orton/Rey was the only one given any time. Lawler v. Swagger? Are you serious? Terrible idea for a match. But let's go ahead and implement it to pad your position. Bryan v. Sheamus could have been good had it gone on longer than what, 10 minutes? Really...that's all the matches? That sounds like a slam dunk card right there. One quality match, one piece of shit match and a rush job of what should have been the marquis match of the night. This isn't fucking Sunday Night Heat.

Hell, Cole's schtick had more on-screen time than the Bryan v. Sheamus match.

Wow, you are seriously a fucking joke character. Bryan can cut a promo. Did you watch NXT? The man is awesome when CREATIVE lets him do what he's good at. He can be intense without the goofy gimmick. You're a mark if you think the dumb nerd gimmick is the best he can put out.

Great so my opinion is wrong wow. Facts his voice broke mid promo on NXT. If his merch was selling better he would have way more time on RAW. Also I thought RAW was fine, I skimmed through RAW on youtube the day after.

Mr. Sam

JdFoX187 said:
Bryan can cut a promo. Did you watch NXT? The man is awesome when CREATIVE lets him do what he's good at. He can be intense without the goofy gimmick. You're a mark if you think the dumb nerd gimmick is the best he can put out.

You and me, we're brothers now.

Edit: Also, I disagree with card position being dictated by merchandise sales. That would just be... bizarre.

Striker

Zhengi said:
You know, I checked out that Bryan/Kim vs Kidd/Melina match and I was amazed how much better the match was when the wrestlers were allowed to wrestle and the commentators actually talked about the match. Comparing it to Raw really hit home just how crappy the announcing was on there.
b-b-b-bu last week!

Keyser Soze said:
Rey bought them to burn them

Stupid move on his part. Now he's gonna get pushed. He'd be better off ordering all of them on a fake credit card to hold up sales. Either that, or retire. LOL.

JdFoX187

Banned
Linkified said:
Great so my opinion is wrong wow. Facts his voice broke mid promo on NXT. If his merch was selling better he would have way more time on RAW. Also I thought RAW was fine, I skimmed through RAW on youtube the day after.
Are you really pulling the "my opinion" card now? What the hell are you even talking about his voice broke? He was more over during that feud than Cena, Orton, Rey or any other super baby face. His heel turn with the Nexus was what made it so impactful and awesome. They then completely screwed the pooch and brought him back as a nerd face. And merchandise isn't the sole watermark for a person's push or not, but keep telling yourself that.

As far as Raw goes, you admit to skimming it on YouTube the day after. That's enough said right there.

Dork Knight said:
Stupid move on his part. Now he's gonna get pushed. He'd be better off ordering all of them on a fake credit card to hold up sales. Either that, or retire. LOL.
Sin Cara takes off his mask and it reveals Rey. He was wearing stilts all along!

Trollface.jpg

Linkified

JdFoX187 said:
Are you really pulling the "my opinion" card now? What the hell are you even talking about his voice broke? He was more over during that feud than Cena, Orton, Rey or any other super baby face. His heel turn with the Nexus was what made it so impactful and awesome. They then completely screwed the pooch and brought him back as a nerd face. And merchandise isn't the sole watermark for a person's push or not, but keep telling yourself that.

As far as Raw goes, you admit to skimming it on YouTube the day after. That's enough said right there.

Yeah, 'broke' may of of been the wrong word to use - more like 'wavered' It didn't have that intensity to make it outstanding for him.

Seen as its all fake anyways its kind of a mute point. You always sound more of a wrestling fan than I am in anycase I usually only watch RAW and the following day before I go to work.

Rafa=FedKilla said:
They are going to have a voice over work for him over the PA system, like an anime narrartor during his matches and camera pans to convey emotion. They will also show scenes from Sin cara's childhood on the titantron and how he overcame the odds. next week they will tell the story of how Sin Cara was born with that mask over his head and he had to face bullies at school for luaghing at him for not being able to take off his mask. They will also show a spot where a luchador teacher at luchador school will ridicule him because he hides his true emotions behind that mask. Turns out, Sin cara is the truest of them all.

Or they could just have him beat good heels with awesome moves.

Oh who am I kidding...that's a ridiculous idea.

jmdajr

Pursuant to WWE's Concussion policy, the stunt of using a folded metal chair shot to the head is prohibited. Triple H and The Undertaker have both been fined for violating this policy at WrestleMania XXVII. WWE penalizes through fine and/or suspension for violation of this policy, which is unchanged and still in effect."

No word on how much the fine was, but it's pretty safe to assume that the Undertaker and Triple H knew about this fine going into the match and weren't concerned or taken by surprise.

I'm sure they said.."Fuck it, we can afford it. It's not like we're gonna get fired." No joke...I said OH SHIT when it happened. I was actually expecting HHH or Taker to blade themselves. Awesome match regardless.

Kurt Angle is now claiming that his Twitter wasn't hacked, but instead he just found out a family member got on his computer after he had gone to sleep.

jmdajr said:
I'm sure they said.."Fuck it, we can afford it. It's not like we're gonna get fired." No joke...I said OH SHIT when it happened. I was actually expecting HHH or Taker to blade themselves. Awesome match regardless.
Yeah, I had that "Oh shit!" moment as well when it happened.
I mean, I'm sure they were not penalized significantly, but the farthest away the WWE is from headshots, the better.

DKehoe

It wasnt that bad since Taker got his hand up to block it.

Free episode of the Bryan and Vinny show on the observer site
The Bryan and Vinny Show is back tonight with tons to talk about! We've got Vinny's thoughts on WrestleMania and Raw, his Taker vs. HHH review, getting pissed off at John Cena of late after giving him the benefit of the doubt for years, Miz, THE NEW TOUGH ENOUGH, thoughts on running geeks through pointless drills, songs, shout-outs and so much more.

lupinko

AnEternalEnigma said:
Kurt Angle is now claiming that his Twitter wasn't hacked, but instead he just found out a family member got on his computer after he had gone to sleep.

lolAngle, it's almost like when Crack Harvey was asking Punk on twitter to get baked. Ok not really, but w/e.

DKehoe

Kyoufu said:
What did Cena do so wrong that the guy goes ape shit on him?
Think it was Cena on Raw not caring he lost the main event of wrestlemania and the chance to be champion then said he would be happy to never have another match with The Miz (the champion) again.

Matt Hardy and Tough Enough cast got into an 'altercation' according to rajah.com

There was an altercation between TNA Wrestling talent Matt Hardy and members of the Tough Enough cast at a hotel bar in Atlanta, Georgia during WrestleMania XXVII weekend.

While details of the incident have to be disclosed, Reby Sky, Hardy's girlfriend, revealed on her Formspring account that she and Hardy were "banned for life" from the hotel in question.

One WWE source said that if a main roster talent had done some of the things they did, termination would be likely if they were low enough on the totem pole.

I guess Matt didn't think that Melina vs Alicia Fox was a great match either.

Kyoufu

DKehoe said:
Think it was Cena on Raw not caring he lost the main event of wrestlemania and the chance to be champion then said he would be happy to never have another match with The Miz (the champion) again.

The latter part doesn't make sense when he posts on twitter hes going after the Miz again, but the former? He wasn't going to win due to count-out.

bill0527

Finally got around to watching Tough Enough from the DVR.

I really enjoyed it. I think I liked it more than RAW.

If Stone Cold was in my face asking what match was my all time favorite I think I would freeze up. I've been watching wrestling for 30+ years and I've seen just about every great match of all time. I wouldn't even be able to give him an answer. It would be like trying to get me to tell him which one of my children I liked the best.

edit: After thinking about it, I'd have to say Brett vs. Shawn IronMan at WM 12. Randy Orton matches bore me within 5 minutes. That match kept me entertained for an hour and I wasn't even a big Shawn or Brett fan at the time. Or I might go with Clash of the Champions 1 - Ric Flair vs. Sting. This match made Sting a star and it was all because of Ric Flair's generosity in the performance.

jmdajr

bill0527 said:
Finally got around to watching Tough Enough from the DVR.

I really enjoyed it. I think I liked it more than RAW.

If Stone Cold was in my face asking what match was my all time favorite I think I would freeze up. I've been watching wrestling for 30+ years and I've seen just about every great match of all time. I wouldn't even be able to give him an answer. It would be like trying to get me to tell him which one of my children I liked the best.

edit: After thinking about it, I'd have to say Brett vs. Shawn IronMan at WM 12. Randy Orton matches bore me within 5 minutes. That match kept me entertained for an hour and I wasn't even a big Shawn or Brett fan at the time. Or I might go with Clash of the Champions 1 - Ric Flair vs. Sting. This match made Sting a star and it was all because of Ric Flair's generosity in the performance.

It be funny if you picked one and then he goes ,"So your favorite match of all time doesn't have me in it?"

No man but I hear ya. My wife put me on the spot with that question and I was like.."uuuuuummmmmmmmmmmm.."

JdFoX187

Banned
Linkified said:
Yeah, 'broke' may of of been the wrong word to use - more like 'wavered' It didn't have that intensity to make it outstanding for him.

Seen as its all fake anyways its kind of a mute point. You always sound more of a wrestling fan than I am in anycase I usually only watch RAW and the following day before I go to work.
He has the intensity. Watch some of his Ring of Honor stuff and you'll see it.

As far as Raw goes, it's a lot easier to think it's a better show when you can skim it on a DVR or through YouTube. Having to actually sit through two hours of it, including commercials, is painful here lately.

Kyoufu

JdFoX187 said:

As far as Raw goes, it's a lot easier to think it's a better show when you can skim it on a DVR or through YouTube. Having to actually sit through two hours of it, including commercials, is painful here lately.

Can't disagree with that. The fact that they have commercials during matches makes me facepalm.

jmdajr

JdFoX187 said:

I find I enjoy RAW more if I come to GAF.. AFTER I watch it. I avoided the wrestling thread for almost two months prior to Wrestlemania. It's not like I don't realize when something is not up to par but I just don't get as enraged about it. Plus, it's good to get off the computer.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Rafa=FedKilla said:
They are going to have a voice over work for him over the PA system, like an anime narrartor during his matches and camera pans to convey emotion. They will also show scenes from Sin cara's childhood on the titantron and how he overcame the odds. next week they will tell the story of how Sin Cara was born with that mask over his head and he had to face bullies at school for luaghing at him for not being able to take off his mask. They will also show a spot where a luchador teacher at luchador school will ridicule him because he hides his true emotions behind that mask. Turns out, Sin cara is the truest of them all.

I was thinking more along the lines of Sin Cara being Del Rio's poolboy and he's pissed that WWE is shooting Tough Enough in Del Rio's mansion so he's just going apeshit on random people, but I like your idea better.

DKehoe

Lost Fragment said:
I was thinking more along the lines of Sin Cara being Del Rio's poolboy and he's pissed that WWE is shooting Tough Enough in Del Rio's mansion so he's just going apeshit on random people, but I like your idea better.
Sin Cara springing out of places in the house and hurricanranaing the unsuspecting Tough Enough contestants would be fantastic television.

DKehoe said:
Sin Cara springing out of places in the house and hurricanranaing the unsuspecting Tough Enough contestants would be fantastic television.
Just picturing these guys not being able to sleep, with the covers over their heads, night vision camera and them gritting their teeth. Some real Balir Witch level shit. Crying everytime they hear the wood creek. Not being able to take a shit in safety. Good luck.

Kyoufu said:
What did Cena do so wrong that the guy goes ape shit on him?

The Wrestlemania match had an audible called and was cut down from what its original length was.

Miz and Cena were basically calling the match on the fly.

Bryan Alvarez was disappointed in Cena, a 10-year veteran, not being able to save that train wreck from occurring. He says in 10 years, Cena has showed no signs of improvement in in-ring ability. He says he has watched him from day one. Cena is a terrible worker, and the title match at Mania was horrible.

He also chastises the Miz for not tucking his head when he took that clothesline or whatever that caused him to bump his head on the ground.

Then Alvarez got even more upset because the next night Cena was doing his "I'm not taking this serious" schtick and said he didn't care and doesn't want to face the Miz again, even though the Miz is the champion.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Rafa=FedKilla said:
Just picturing these guys not being able to sleep, with the covers over their heads, night vision camera and them gritting their teeth. Some real Balir Witch level shit. Crying everytime they hear the wood creek. Not being able to take a shit in safety. Good luck.

...i would watch the hell out of that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom