• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnby

From Monday Night Raw on April 4th.
p9500377.jpg

p9500378.jpg

p9500379.jpg

cacophony

April 5, 2011
Superstars Fined for Chair Shot

Pursuant to WWE's Concussion policy, the stunt of using a folded metal chair shot to the head is prohibited. Triple H and The Undertaker have both been fined for violating this policy at WrestleMania XXVII. WWE penalizes through fine and/or suspension for violation of this policy, which is unchanged and still in effect.

el oh el

I bet they got fined $1 while everyone laughed.

Oh yeah, and Michelle McCool also has to work a weekend of house shows as further punishment.

Conrad Link said:
Man I had such a crush on Rose McGowan after that movie.
My dad took me to see this movie because he knew I liked wrestling. I wasn't a WCW guy back then though, so this was literally my first exposure to WCW. I think it wrongly skewed my vision of them back then, lmao.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
jobber said:
Sin Cara is really working for Del Rio as his assassin after what the white man did to his car.

Sin Cara Clay Ricardo and Alberto

Mexican Mafiaaaaaaaaaa
For.

Undertaker and Triple H got fined? Some jobber just got screwed out of a paycheck to cover expenses.

dream

The pop she got just confirms my theory that Taylor Swift is way more over than Dwayne Johnson. This girl is the best babyface since Ricky Steamboat.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I wonder how they plan to get Sin Cara over, exactly. He might be a big deal in Mexico, but 80% of the people watching Raw have no idea who the fuck he is and he probably just comes off as a generic masked wrestler. Worse, he can't even speak English.

Maybe they plan to actually give his televised matches some time so he'll get over on his in-ring ability? Seems like the only route they can go down.

They need to do the same shit with Daniel Bryan. Give that fucker 10-minute matches on TV on a regular basis and his lack of personality won't matter as much. And change his damn theme. I have no idea what they're trying to accomplish making him come out to Ride of the Valkyries. It's like they're trying to make him look goofy on purpose and for some reason expect he'll get over.

Kusagari

I think a major thing hindering Sin Cara is his mask. I'm sorry but it just looks ridiculous in comparison to Rey's. I've had a couple of my mark friends comment on how stupid it looks.

Lost Fragment said:
I wonder how they plan to get Sin Cara over, exactly. He might be a big deal in Mexico, but 80% of the people watching Raw have no idea who the fuck he is and he probably just comes off as a generic masked wrestler. Worse, he can't even speak English.

Maybe they plan to actually give his televised matches some time so he'll get over on his in-ring ability? Seems like the only route they can go down.

They need to do the same shit with Daniel Bryan. Give that fucker 10-minute matches on TV on a regular basis and his lack of personality won't matter as much. And change his damn theme. I have no idea what they're trying to accomplish making him come out to Ride of the Valkyries. It's like they're trying to make him look goofy on purpose and for some reason expect he'll get over.
Solution: put Sin Cara in the ring with Bryan for 10 minutes.
WWE Solution: 3-minutes of Sin Cara going over Primo with a run-in by ________.

ram4638

Neo Member
My cable guide says Tough Enough is replaying on Style, E!, G4, Mun2, Oxygen, Bravo, Universal HD and SyFy between now and Monday. Think WWE will find a way to make a "Did You Know?" graphic out of it for Raw next week?

Kyoufu

Kusagari said:
I think a major thing hindering Sin Cara is his mask. I'm sorry but it just looks ridiculous in comparison to Rey's. I've had a couple of my mark friends comment on how stupid it looks.

Rey is boring now though. :(

sajj316

Lost Fragment said:

I suspect with Daniel Bryan, this is exactly what they are doing. It's like there is some sort of humbling period. The theme just doesn't do it for him. It was awesome having him slap Cole around during NXT. The WWE could benefit from a solid worker in the mid card based purely on his wrestling ability. It's his ticket to the top, a la Benoit or even Brett Hart.

Kyoufu

WWE Superstars is airing tomorrow. I've never seen it, whats the difference between that and Smackdown? Don't they both air on Thursdays? /confused

Striker

Kyoufu said:
WWE Superstars is airing tomorrow. I've never seen it, whats the difference between that and Smackdown? Don't they both air on Thursdays? /confused
Smackdown airs title matches, and has all the bigger names. Superstars usually has the lower card guys, i.e. Regal, Kidd, Santino, Dibiase, Ryder, JTG, Tatsu. Since those guys usually never get to really wrestle on the respective shows.

Oh yeah, they had a Bryan/Kim vs. Kidd/Melina match few weeks ago. It was damn good. Shame we can't get actual wrestling on RAW but instead force-fed shit with Michael Cole and other stupid shit.

lupinko

Kyoufu said:

SD hasn't aired on Thursdays in years, it's on Friday.

Dinokill

Randy Orton was wayyyyyy better with his Cocky Attitude/Legend Killer Gimmick .

The Viper thing sucks and its boring as hell

Linkified

Striker said:
Smackdown airs title matches, and has all the bigger names. Superstars usually has the lower card guys, i.e. Regal, Kidd, Santino, Dibiase, Ryder, JTG, Tatsu. Since those guys usually never get to really wrestle on the respective shows.

Oh yeah, they had a Bryan/Kim vs. Kidd/Melina match few weeks ago. It was damn good. Shame we can't get actual wrestling on RAW but instead force-fed shit with Michael Cole and other stupid shit.

You got CM Punk/Cody Rhodes vs Randy Orton/Rey M., Lawler vs Swagger, Bryan vs Sheamus on RAW. What more do you want?

Striker

Linkified said:
You got CM Punk/Cody Rhodes vs Randy Orton/Rey M., Lawler vs Swagger, Bryan vs Sheamus on RAW. What more do you want?
How often does Bryan wrestle on RAW?

You listed three Smackdown stars, and it's four if you include Del Rio. You expect them to continually use those guys even if they're on a separate brand throughout the summer? RAW after Mania is also suppose to be packed with matches or concluded stories. Talk to me in late May or mid June, when it will likely be back to the usual dog shit.

Mr. Sam

I thought the lack of offense Bryan got in during that match was really odd, considering it was pretty much a postponed 'Mania match. I suppose they wanted Sheamus to look more threatening so it'd be more impressive when Sin Cara took him out.

I very much enjoyed that tag match though. Really well done.

Lost Fragment said:

They are going to have a voice over work for him over the PA system, like an anime narrartor during his matches and camera pans to convey emotion. They will also show scenes from Sin cara's childhood on the titantron and how he overcame the odds. next week they will tell the story of how Sin Cara was born with that mask over his head and he had to face bullies at school for luaghing at him for not being able to take off his mask. They will also show a spot where a luchador teacher at luchador school will ridicule him because he hides his true emotions behind that mask. Turns out, Sin cara is the truest of them all.

tralfazz

Mr. Sam said:
I thought the lack of offense Bryan got in during that match was really odd, considering it was pretty much a postponed 'Mania match. I suppose they wanted Sheamus to look more threatening so it'd be more impressive when Sin Cara took him out.

It was a nice match. Fav part was when Orton came over to give a cheap shot to Punk in the corner and Punk jumped off at the last second. Something about the way he did it made it look like he suprised Orton. If I had to break Punk down it would be Benoit's intensity + Hart's effeciency + Jericho's intelligence + good storytelling.

Really dug that Moxley kid's promos. It felt to me a little like Sam Rockwell channeling Ledger's Joker.

sajj316

Mr. Sam said:

It was that maybe time constraints. For a second there, I thought the match would be bumped again for more Rock/Cena time. I liked the positioning of the Sin Cara debut (closer to 11) because that is generally when the ratings are the highest.

sajj316

From WWE press release ..

"WWE® made history again as WrestleMania®, for the second consecutive year, became the highest grossing and most attended entertainment event in the host venue. WrestleMania XXVII grossed $6.6 million, with 71,617 fans from all 50 states and 30 countries attending the sold out event at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. The annual pop-culture extravaganza was broadcast around the world on pay-per-view in more than 100 countries and 20 languages."

That number is just for the venue. Don't believe it includes PPV buys.

Linkified

Striker said:
How often does Bryan wrestle on RAW?

You listed three Smackdown stars, and it's four if you include Del Rio. You expect them to continually use those guys even if they're on a separate brand throughout the summer? RAW after Mania is also suppose to be packed with matches or concluded stories. Talk to me in late May or mid June, when it will likely be back to the usual dog shit.

And there was 6 RAW superstars in matches, if Bryans merch was selling better he would be on an in turn and if he could cut a promo then he would get better merchandise.

Look at Santino, biggest comedy guy in WWE - he cuts a promo with a straight face - Bryan can't. Danielson even when doing that wacky promo with Paul London couldn't keep a straight face - even though Paul London could. NXT when doing that big heated promo against Cole his voice cracked.

Kyoufu

Linkified said:
And there was 6 RAW superstars in matches, if Bryans merch was selling better he would be on an in turn and if he could cut a promo then he would get better merchandise.

Look at Santino, biggest comedy guys in WWE - he cuts a promo with a stright face - Bryan can't. Danielson even when doing that wacky promo with Paul London couldn't keep a straight face - even though Paul London could. NXT when doing that big heated promo against Cole his voice cracked.

Bryan is a nerd. Even Sin Cara who can't speak English can cut a better promo than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom