• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

DPV6K.jpg

3hVHN.jpg

Ykn7h.jpg

80YJ1.jpg

h1WGB.jpg

OjZHM.jpg

ScpxV.jpg

JESKp.jpg

PPV PRESHOW: A special match has been added to the Lockdown preshow prior to the Pay-Per-View event. Devon will be facing Anarquia of Mexican America in the Steel Cage. The pre-show will be available on TNAOnDemand.com and on select cable system and satellite providers networks for free. The Lockdown preshow starts at 7:30pm ET.

'Proper' Smackdown on YouTube was much better than the cut to bits shit they played on TV here tonight (had to go watch the YT one afterwards cause I knew there was more to it). Much nicer send off, cept HHH butting his stupid nose in like that - turn your damn entrance music off stop trying to make someones farewell about you.

That and the constant (honestly, 1 week was more than it deserved, is it gonna be an ongoing promo now?) ramming down of throats about how 'amazing' and 'memorable' his WM match was in his desperate me-too attempt to have some spotlight..... making it really ugh.

Anyway, it was a lot nicer than the hollow Raw farewell where it just felt like an angle or something before hand because of the way they hyped it.

Sad to see him go, its a really strange feeling thinking, unlike some of the old old wrestlers - I've watched his whole career from start to finish.

Take care Edge!

Sting looks ooooold.

Shannon Moore looks stupid.

It says that it's on in some countries for free (just the pre-show?) - is it on Bravo or Challenge in the UK?

RBH

MarshMellow96 said:
Sting looks ooooold.

Shannon Moore looks stupid.

It says that it's on in some countries for free (just the pre-show?) - is it on Bravo or Challenge in the UK?
INTERNATIONAL AIRTIMES:

UK: Challenge – Wednesday 20th April at 22:00
BT Vision – available from Monday 18th April at 15:00
Germany, Austria and Switzerland: Sky Deutschland – Monday 18th April at 02:00 (Live)
France: MCS – available from Wednesday 20th April
Portugal: Sport TV3 – Monday 18th April at 22:30
India: ESPN Star Sports – Wednesday 20th April at 18:00
Australia: Main Event – Monday 18th April at 10:00 (Live)
Africa: Setanta – Monday 18th April at 00:00 (Live)

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/item/2416-TNA-Lockdown-April-17-in-Cincinnati,-OH

BoboBrazil said:
Yeah I didn't either, but I stopped watching Impact a few weeks ago. I don't understand how TNA continues horrible feuds for months, yet feuds that are good are over in a month and then those people are moved on to someone else. Did we really need months of Joe vs Pope, Morgan vs Hernandez, and Jarrett vs Angle? This Jarrett/Angle thing has been going on for like 6 months or more...

I don't watch TNA anymore but is Angle/Jarrett still going on? And the Pope/Joe orphans and puppies feud is still continuing? You can't make this shit up

Four_Chamber said:
I don't watch TNA anymore but is Angle/Jarrett still going on? And the Pope/Joe orphans and puppies feud is still continuing? You can't make this shit up

Yes, both feuds are still going. Last time I watched Impact Pope had Okada tied up and hanging in the back while he beat on him with a pipe and then Joe came in and rescued him and started speaking Japanese to him lol

DKehoe said:
Remember how good Joe used to be? Now he is just another guy in another bullshit fued.

You just described everyone in TNA. Hopefully this ppv is the end of these feuds. Something has to happen as there has been a pretty massive drop in ratings over the last month.

They've just announced the X division match will open the show. That and the Angle/Jarrett match will probably be the only good things on this show. Maybe some of those fired WWE guys will show up.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I was watching some streaming WCW from 1999-2000 on justin tv while I was at the gym today and it is so much like current day TNA it isn't even funny. TNA needs to make some serious changes. I mean, if you watch the Rise and Fall of WCW you will see so many similar mistakes.

Mr. Sam said:
Xscape Match. That's not the same thing as the Steel Asylum, is it? Because that was awful.

Which match is it where they have to escape through a hole in the ceiling of the cage? I watched that. That was shit.

WinoMcCougarstein said:
I was watching some streaming WCW from 1999-2000 on justin tv while I was at the gym today and it is so much like current day TNA it isn't even funny. TNA needs to make some serious changes. I mean, if you watch the Rise and Fall of WCW you will see so many similar mistakes.

Yeah, they are even doing the same fucking cruises like WCW used to do now. And I have no clue what a Xscape match is. As far as I know, they have never even explained what the stipulation is.

DKehoe

The XScape match is where its pins/submissions until its down to two guys at which point its first to escape the cage wins.

Kyoufu

So... how many are going to watch Lockdown? If you guys are then I'll end up watching too.

Can't believe I'm even posting this, the last PPV was a complete joke. :/

Brinbe

Kyoufu said:
So... how many are going to watch Lockdown? If you guys are then I'll end up watching too.

I'll probably tune in. Learned long ago to avoid Impacts at all costs, and just watch the PPVs. If anything, they're usually at least amusing fodder.

This is supposed to be one of TNA's big 4 ppvs of the year. I guess the big storyline is someone is supposed to be in Immortal and will turn tonight in the main event.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Kyoufu said:

I'll be watching. WrassleGAF is usually pretty fun during TNA ppvs. Far less crying/whining/complaining compared to WWE ppvs. I guess that's just a symptom of having such low expectations though.

DKehoe

Buckethead said:
Steiner is still in TNA? Whoa.

And whenever theres a "hair vs. x" match their hair gets cut.
I dunno, it's possible but I think its far more likely Mickie wins the title.

Buckethead said:
Steiner is still in TNA? Whoa.

And whenever theres a "hair vs. x" match their hair gets cut.

Yeah they were gonna bring back Main Event Mafia, but Booker and Nash went to WWE so Steiner came back by himself and now doesn't really service a point at all. No way Mickie goes bald, so either she loses and then someone comes out to save her or Mickie wins the belt.

Coming for someone that has not watch TNA in ages, that lineup looks decent. I will probably check out the UK airing this time around (if I can find it)

DKehoe

Keyser Soze said:
Coming for someone that has not watch TNA in ages, that lineup looks decent. I will probably check out the UK airing this time around (if I can find it)
I really don't mean this in a snarky way, I'm just curious, what parts of it look appealing to you?

The Xscape match and the Angle/Jarrett matches should be good. Samoa Joe/Pope looks good on paper, but they have horrible chemistry in the ring. Immortal vs Fortune should be ok and the main event could be good too.

RBH

JEFF HARDY IS CONSIDERING RETIREMENT FROM WRESTLING
By Dave Scherer on 2011-04-17 15:11:39

On his latest video blog, which you can watch below, Matt Hardy said that his brother Jeff is considering retiring from wrestling and may need serious back surgery. He also talked about his match tonight at Lockdown in the piece, as well as saying that he is friendly with Edge again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j_dpvbQyQU

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/57172/jeff-hardy-is-considering-retirement-from-wrestling.html?p=1

DKehoe said:
I really don't mean this in a snarky way, I'm just curious, what parts of it look appealing to you?

I have no idea about the storylines going into the match, so they could (most likely are) complete shit, but I still think it is worth a look.

I guess I hated Jeff Hardy more than I even knew myself, so he been not there is a plus. The main event, to me, looks at least watchable. I know of seven of the people involved in the Xscape match, and it should be a decent spotfest. The recent Flair gifs looked fun - I miss him. I have liked matches Rayne and Mickie put on before, so there is a small bit of interest in the Knockout match - only small, but still. Pope and Joe seems like it could be good too based on stuff I saw in their past.

The recent Dixie leaving thing sparked a small bit of interest too. I know it means nothing will really change, but I guess it sparked me to give TNA another go.

The last time I watch TNA regularly was during the ECW thing, then got turned off quickly, so I guess I am up for giving them another go. It took that long for me to tune back in, so I guess I could sour very quickly again.

"Earlier today, Beth Hardy, Jeff Hardy's WIFE under her twitter account: BETHBRITTBRAND tweeted:

"Jeff hasn't said anything to anyone about retiring."

This was probably in response to Matt Hardy's comments that his brother was considering retirement.

The tweet was then deleted a few minutes ago.

Obviously, something odd is going on with The Hardys, not that I can say that shocks me."

pwinsider.com

Probably the whole thing is a work and he will be at the ppv tonight or appear on tv as the network.

BoboBrazil said:
"Earlier today, Beth Hardy, Jeff Hardy's WIFE under her twitter account: BETHBRITTBRAND tweeted:

"Jeff hasn't said anything to anyone about retiring."

This was probably in response to Matt Hardy's comments that his brother was considering retirement.

The tweet was then deleted a few minutes ago.

Obviously, something odd is going on with The Hardys, not that I can say that shocks me."

pwinsider.com

Probably the whole thing is a work and he will be at the ppv tonight or appear on tv as the network.
Jeff Hardy's wife's first name incidentally rhymes with Meth?

Kyoufu

BigBlackGamer said:
better than 100 people at the impact zone for a PPV at least. :|

lol yeah. How do these wrestlers even bother doing what they do when they've gone from the massive WWE crowds to 50 fans and 50 plants?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom