• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The 4/14 edition of Impact did 1.14 rating with 1,540,000 viewers. That is right around what it did last week (a 1.15) but the show has been trending downward overall in the last few months."

Impact ratings are going down the shitter. That Dixie leaving TNA news doesn't seem to be true and nothing is changing.

Striker

Christian and Del Rio in a Ladder Match has the potential to be excellent.

Then reality sets in, and we know shit like Miz-Cena-Truth and Cole-Lawler will get 2x more time.

Well the version of Smackdown I watched was like 1 hour and 40 minutes so they had to cut 20 minutes from somewhere to fit in commercial breaks as most 2 hour shows are 1 hour and 20 minutes.

RBH

2n9wex4.jpg

2w5pzpe.jpg

JdFoX187 said:
Or he and Maryse will be cut together.

Nah I see them cutting Gail Kim, Melina, Alicia Fox, Eve Torres, Rosa Mendes, or Tamina first. Pretty sure they got the title off Eve because that is one of the planned cuts.

You think you know me...

On this day... I see clearly,
everything has come to life,
bitter place... and a broken dream,
And we leave it all behind,

On this day... it's so real to me,
Everything has come to life,
Another chance... to chase a dream,
Another chance to feel...
Chance to feel alive...

I have been defeted and brought down...
droped to my knees when hope went out...
ohhhhh the time has come to change my ways...

bitter place... and a broken dream,
And we leave it all...
leave it all behind (yeah)...

I'll never long for what might have been...
no regret won't waste my life again... ohhhh
I won't look back, I'll fight to remain...

On this day ... I see clearly,
A bitter place... and a broken dream,
And we'll leave it all behind,
Everything has come to life,
Chance to feel alive...

Fear will kill me, all I could be...
Lift these sorrows, let me breathe...
could you set me free
Could you set me free

everything has come to life...
A bitter place... and a broken dream,
And we'll leave it all behind...
Everything has come to life...
Chance to feel alive...

ram4638

Neo Member
Sean Waltman wrestled as 1-2-3 Kid for Chikara's King of Trios tournament tonight in Philly. Him, Arik Cannon and Darin Corbin took on Great Sasuke, Dick Togo and Hakushi. Apparently, Kid and Hakushi stole the show. This looks like it'll be a show to check out.

Pic

ram4638 said:
Sean Waltman wrestled as 1-2-3 Kid for Chikara's King of Trios tournament tonight in Philly. Him, Arik Cannon and Darin Corbin took on Great Sasuke, Dick Togo and Hakushi. Apparently, Kid and Hakushi stole the show. This looks like it'll be a show to check out.

Pic

I can't believe he shaved the beard. He went all out.

ram4638 said:

Can't WAIT to see this - apparently one of the non-tournament matchup's for night 2 or 3 is going to be
El Generico vs 1-2-3 Kid!!!
. Holy shit that should be awesome.

Also, that fucking idiot Kizarny/Sinn Bodhi/The Kat's husband made a classless reference to Sweeney & bipolar disorder in the CHIKARA pre-show videocast. I'm not usually a guy to say that something's too soon, but it's too soon, especially in Sweeney's home promotion.

ram4638

Neo Member
Bootaaay said:
Can't WAIT to see this - apparently one of the non-tournament matchup's for night 2 or 3 is going to be

Also, that fucking idiot Kizarny/Sinn Bodhi/The Kat's husband made a classless reference to Sweeney & bipolar disorder in the CHIKARA pre-show videocast. I'm not usually a guy to say that something's too soon, but it's too soon, especially in Sweeney's home promotion.

If that spoiler ends up being true, that sounds absolutely AMAZING. It'll probably end up being part of the high flyer mini-tournament that starts tomorrow night.

And yeah, Kizarny is a pretty big douche for that comment. I'm still not quite sure why CHIKARA brought him in, he hasn't really meshed well with their style since he started. Who knows how much longer he'll be around after that promo though.

DKehoe

Bootaaay said:

What did he say about Sweeney? Why would he say it in CHIKARA of all places. And yeh, I heard about that match too
Waltman seemed to confirm it on an interview with Bryan Alvarez
Really looking forward to King of Trios.
Bootaay, I haven't managed to keep up with CHIKARA for a while (apart from a "previously on CHIKARA" video I saw a little while back) should I be able to have a grasp on whats going on? I missed the whole BDK angle for example.
Also can people please not post KOT spoilers, or if you do make sure to spoiler tag them, thanks.
EDIT: Just saw that part with Sinn Bodhi, what a dick.

Lothars

The Frankman said:
The faces Edge made after 8:02 are like "I can't believe this fucker is coming out with his intro".

Yeah I was like eww Triple H, I can't stand him and wish he would just go away but at least he's not going for the title at the moment and honestly I hope he never does again but I really loved the ending to Smackdown and will miss Edge, he was one of my favorites and I hope he gets into next years hall of fame.

DKehoe said:
Bootaay, I haven't managed to keep up with CHIKARA for a while (apart from a "previously on CHIKARA" video I saw a little while back) should I be able to have a grasp on whats going on? I missed the whole BDK angle for example.

Yeah, it's a bit confusing as this stuff has been going on for years now - basically UltraMantis Black had the Eye of Tyr back in 2009 that he was using to control Delirious, but he gave it to the mysterious Vokodor for safe keeping. At the season 8 finale the BDK made their debut with Vokodor at their side and attacked UltraMantis - Vokodor unmasked as Tim Donst and the BDK left with the Eye of Tyr which they later used to release Delirious from UltraMantis' spell and gain power in CHIKARA by winning the Campeonatos de Parejas. UltraMantis then went to Quackenbush and convinced him that the rudos and technicos needed to work together to defeat the BDK and over the course of the next year they feuded with them, trying to reclaim the Campeonatos de Parejas titles. Near the end of last year a trio of masked men began appearing at CHIKARA events and at the season 9 finale they revealed themselves to be Sinn Bodhi, Kodama & Obaryion. Bodhi told the crowd that UltraMantis had hired him to create a dark army to defeat the BDK and that now he'd come for his payment; the Eye of Tyr. When UltraMantis couldn't produce the eye, Bodhi's group (dubbed The Batiri) turned on UltraMantis and began to feud with him. UltraMantis apologised for his previous mis-deeds and turned technico, joining with Hallowicked & Frightmare to form the Spectral Envoy. Meanwhile, at the season finale Quackenbush & Jigsaw managed to beat the BDK for the Campeonatos de Parejas and take away their power in CHIKARA, at least temporarily. And that's up to date, I think, I haven't yet watched all of the shows from this year.

RBH said:
Here's the Edge speech/tribute that was cut from the television broadcast of Smackdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n7ozNG2rCA#t=4m0s

Damn that was emotional but fucking hell Trips was that needed?

The way that he had to come out to his music and all the superstars parted ways for him, why couldn't he just come out with the rest of them?

It would have been awesome had Johnny Curtis or someone walked down to the ring after the main eventers and Chavo did.

Goddam Booker tearing up got me

Edit: Sheamus came accross well there but LOL at them wanting him to be a drunk Irish guy, oh Vince!

Linkified

Lothars said:
Yeah I was like eww Triple H, I can't stand him and wish he would just go away but at least he's not going for the title at the moment and honestly I hope he never does again but I really loved the ending to Smackdown and will miss Edge, he was one of my favorites and I hope he gets into next years hall of fame.

Well seen as Trips nearly got Edge fired twice, he probably wanted to say sorry plus he represented the back office as you didn't see Vince come out.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Bootaaay said:
Yeah, it's a bit confusing as this stuff has been going on for years now - basically UltraMantis Black had the Eye of Tyr back in 2009 that he was using to control Delirious, but he gave it to the mysterious Vokodor for safe keeping. At the season 8 finale the BDK made their debut with Vokodor at their side and attacked UltraMantis - Vokodor unmasked as Tim Donst and the BDK left with the Eye of Tyr which they later used to release Delirious from UltraMantis' spell and gain power in CHIKARA by winning the Campeonatos de Parejas. UltraMantis then went to Quackenbush and convinced him that the rudos and technicos needed to work together to defeat the BDK and over the course of the next year they feuded with them, trying to reclaim the Campeonatos de Parejas titles. Near the end of last year a trio of masked men began appearing at CHIKARA events and at the season 9 finale they revealed themselves to be Sinn Bodhi, Kodama & Obaryion. Bodhi told the crowd that UltraMantis had hired him to create a dark army to defeat the BDK and that now he'd come for his payment; the Eye of Tyr. When UltraMantis couldn't produce the eye, Bodhi's group (dubbed The Batiri) turned on UltraMantis and began to feud with him. UltraMantis apologised for his previous mis-deeds and turned technico, joining with Hallowicked & Frightmare to form the Spectral Envoy. Meanwhile, at the season finale Quackenbush & Jigsaw managed to beat the BDK for the Campeonatos de Parejas and take away their power in CHIKARA, at least temporarily. And that's up to date, I think, I haven't yet watched all of the shows from this year.

...what the hell did I just read.

Kyoufu

Bootaaay said:

Will there be an anime?

RBH said:
There's only one man that can save us now.

01.jpg

The Patriot is back, baby!

There's a fire hall no more then 100 feet behind my house where The Patriot and Dark Patriot wrestle every 6 months. I've never bothered to see him once in all the years I've lived here.

Kyoufu

DKehoe said:
CHIKARA storylines are amazing. The level of continuity is pretty astounding, things that happened years ago are still having an effect now.

Sounds like manga/anime stuff. Do they use special effects for Chidori/Rasengan finishers?

krae_man

The Frankman said:
The faces Edge made after 8:02 are like "I can't believe this fucker is coming out with his intro".

"Oh look, it's that asshole who refused to put me over even after I stood up for him"

Chavo on Twitter:
"Ok guys, my twitter was hacked. I think I fixed it. If u got a Dm from me and I was mean, it was a fraud. Probably. :). Big ups 2 my boy @MATTHARDYBRAND for giving me the "heads up"on my twitter being hacked.I promise I didnt pull a Kurt Angle.Lol Luv u Kurt:)"

DMczaf

VIA SATELLITE!

The American Airlines Arena in Miami, FL, which is hosting the May 2nd edition of Monday Night RAW, announced on their website that The Rock will be appearing on the show. May 2nd also happens to be Rock's birthday. Here is what is on the website:

KMART PRESENTS WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW

MONDAY, MAY 2, 2011-8:15PM

THE PEOPLE’S CHAMPION- DWAYNE ’THE ROCK” JOHNSON -RETURNS TO HIS HOMETOWN OF MIAMI- LIVE AT THE AMERICANAIRLINES ARENA

TO CELEBRATE HIS BIRTHDAY!

BE THERE LIVE IN MIAMI FOR THE ’BIGGEST BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION ON TELEVISION!”

Guzim

AdawgDaFAB said:
Chavo on Twitter:
"Ok guys, my twitter was hacked. I think I fixed it. If u got a Dm from me and I was mean, it was a fraud. Probably. :). Big ups 2 my boy @MATTHARDYBRAND for giving me the "heads up"on my twitter being hacked.I promise I didnt pull a Kurt Angle.Lol Luv u Kurt:)"
Haha ouch.

TO CELEBRATE HIS BIRTHDAY!
A cake in wrestling? Uh oh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom