• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Kenny Omega is awesome! Such a funny video.

I love all this silly pro-wrestling stuff (DDT, Chikara, etc.). We all know wrestling is fake (and pretty stupid, really), so I love when companies embrace that and have fun with it. :)

Mr. Sam

Dork Knight said:
Man, Kenny Omega is awesome! Such a funny video.

I love all this silly pro-wrestling stuff (DDT, Chikara, etc.). We all know wrestling is fake (and pretty stupid, really), so I love when companies embrace that and have fun with it. :)

Are you questioning the legitimacy of the slow motion hand grenade? I certainly hope not.

RBH

Jeremy Borash announced today at the TNA Lockdown Fan Fest that tomorrow’s Lockdown PPV at the US Bank Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio will break the all time US attendance record for the company. Previously this record was held by the 7/2/10 live event that took place outdoors in Brooklyn New York at MCU park. That event drew 5,600 fans.
Wow, didn't expect that.

RBH

G7eAQ.jpg

TNA Wrestling is hitting the ocean in December with a special fan cruise to the Bahamas with the TNA Superstars! More details and ordering info coming this week at ShopTNA.com.

Includes: 3 night cruise, all meals onboard, VIP Cocktail Reception, Breakfast Meet & Greet, "Splash Bash" Beach Party including an evening pass to Breezes Bahamas that includes food, drinks, and entertainment from 6pm to 2am Friday night, VIP early access to Final Resolution PPV, VIP early access to TV tapings on Dec 12 & 13.

Price is $479 per person based on double occupancy for Interior Cabin and $579 per person based on double occupancy for Ocean View Cabin.

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/it...ber-Cruise-To-The-Bahamas-With-The-Superstars

wtf

I just wanted to remind you all that you're all a bunch of parasites. Nothing but gelatinous tapeworms. Bunch of sycophants.

What nowww bitchessss

6v21q.jpg

heel y2j rocks my socks.

RBH

John Cena teams up with Sin Cara in the main event of last night's house show in Birmingham, England:

8.) John Cena beat WWE champion The Miz (w/Alex Riley) via DQ; Miz retained the WWE Title. Riley attacked Cena, who had delivered the Attitude Adjustment, to cause the DQ. After a beat down on Cena, Sin Cara came out to help and the Anonymous GM changed the main event to a tag match.

8b.) John Cena & Sin Cara beat WWE champion The Miz & Alex Riley. Sin Cara delivered the rolling sunset flip bomb that Rey Mysterio occasionally uses and Cena used the AA for the win. Cara and Cena posed with the fans to close the show.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Arena_Reports_10/article_49354.shtml

DMczaf

Sin Cara tried to impress his peers backstage a recent WWE event by claiming that many of his notable victories in Mexico were shoots. There was plenty of eye-rolling over his conduct, with some feeling he embarrassed himself.

Triple-H-psd16217.png

remnant said:
I don't understand why people like Chinkara.

CHIKARA is more than the couple of goofy spots you've seen on youtube. Good wrestling, coherent, well booked story-lines, an actual focus on tag teams, doesn't take itself too seriously, PG wrestling done properly, etc.

remnant said:
The WWE could do that same exact match and people would bitch about it. Do it in an indy show and now it's funny.

No, it's funny either way, but the difference is it wouldn't go over with a WWE crowd.

remnant

Banned
Bootaaay said:
CHIKARA is more than the couple of goofy spots you've seen on youtube. Good wrestling, coherent, well booked story-lines, an actual focus on tag teams, doesn't take itself too seriously, PG wrestling done properly, etc.
So basically it's ROH but replace the serious sports approach with bad jokes. Yeah I just don't see it.

Bootaaay said:
No, it's funny either way, but the difference is it wouldn't go over with a WWE crowd.
It would be very interesting to see how neogaf would react if they saw Santino or Hornswaggle with an "air grenade" during a match. I don't think it would be well received.

Or maybe i'm just to pessimistic about Internet wrestling fans and how they react to episodes of RAW

caromelo

remnant said:
So basically it's ROH but replace the serious sports approach with bad jokes. Yeah I just don't see it.

Perhaps you should watch a Chikara event sometimes, it's ridiculously fun and entertaining. King of Trios is always recommended. The BDK saga is an example of the thought and planning that goes with their storylines which is another reason why I enjoy Chikara. Holy poop!

remnant said:

The in-ring styles couldn't be more different - ROH takes a lot of cues from the Japanese strong style of wrestling and classic US territories, but CHIKARA owes more to lucha libre with fast paced action full of flashy moves and crazy characters with wacky gimmicks.

remnant said:
It would be very interesting to see how neogaf would react if they saw Santino or Hornswaggle with an "air grenade" during a match. I don't think it would be well received.

I'm sure anyone here who is a fan of Chuck Taylor wouldn't like to see Santino or Hornswaggle wholesale rip off Chucky T's bit, but that's not the point - you'd never see that spot done in WWE because the crowd wouldn't know what the hell was going on. You certainly wouldn't get the commentators selling the slow-motion. Comedy in wrestling is an acquired taste, but it's easier in the indies and Japan where the crowds are more likely to know what to expect, and if a bit doesn't work and falls flat on it's face, well it was only in front of a few hundred fans at the most, rather than a huge worldwide audience.

caromelo said:
King of Trios is always recommended

Yeah, any of the big annual CHIKARA events (King of Trios, Cibernetico, Young Lions Cup & Aniversario) are well worth checking out and usually a notch or two above the regular shows.

DKehoe

Chikara crowds are the amazing too. They really get the product.
Tommy Dreamer got booed in the ECW arena of all places because he swore.

Plywood said:
Must have been Mysterio than.
Del Rio is the one thats insecure about Sin Cara being there.

RBH

1Qeto.jpg

-As the main event introductions were happening, everyone chanted "1-2-3!" for Waltman, which was too much for him. He broke down in the middle of the ring, crying and thanking us all. The loud "1995!" chants every time Shinzaki and Waltman were in the ring together was slightly annoying at first, but became an awesome nostalgia chant. Shinzaki busted out the rope walk and the BRONCO BUSTER, and Waltman did some Kung Fu poses.

I'm surprised WWE doesn't give Xpac another chance. He was always well received by the other wrestlers and supposedly was one of the best to work a match with.

TNA Lockdown tonight from Cincinatti.

LOCKDOWN CAGE MATCH
TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE
Mr. Anderson vs. champion "The Icon" Sting vs. Rob Van Dam
-----------------------------------------

LETHAL LOCKDOWN CAGE MATCH
Immortal vs. Fortune

LOCKDOWN CAGE MATCH
Jeff Jarrett vs. Kurt Angle

LOCKDOWN CAGE MATCH
Mickie James vs. champion Madison Rayne
(Mickie's Hair vs. Madison's Knockouts Title)

LOCKDOWN CAGE MATCH
Hernandez vs. Matt Morgan

LOCKDOWN CAGE MATCH
The Pope vs. Samoa Joe

LOCKDOWN CAGE MATCH
The X Division Xscape Match

LOCKDOWN CAGE MATCH
Ink Inc vs. Crimson/Steiner vs. Jordan/Young vs. Magnus/Williams

Yes, 8 cage matches!

Penguin

I... didn't even know there was a TNA PPV tonight.

Wow...

Er.. well if someone has a lamp I'll watch but won't go out of my way to find.

Penguin said:
I... didn't even know there was a TNA PPV tonight.

Wow...

Er.. well if someone has a lamp I'll watch but won't go out of my way to find.

Yeah I didn't either, but I stopped watching Impact a few weeks ago. I don't understand how TNA continues horrible feuds for months, yet feuds that are good are over in a month and then those people are moved on to someone else. Did we really need months of Joe vs Pope, Morgan vs Hernandez, and Jarrett vs Angle? This Jarrett/Angle thing has been going on for like 6 months or more...

RBH said:
http://i.imgur.com/1Qeto.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Wow. Good for him. At least he did not get X-Pac heat!

Also, I did not know that there was a TNA PPV either. I'll check it out if I'm not doing anything else. (For it will be a shitfest and I'd need something to laugh at.)

evil ways

BoboBrazil said:
I'm surprised WWE doesn't give Xpac another chance. He was always well received by the other wrestlers and supposedly was one of the best to work a match with.
He's no medically cleared for wrestling due to Hepatitis. But he could be a cool on screen personality, perhaps even a commentator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom