• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daffney's story makes me so sad. I worked a show with her back in 2008 a few months before she signed with TNA and she was seriously one of the nicest people I've ever met. Fuck TNA.

abstract alien said:
That would actually be pretty awesome lol

Yikes! He wasn't seriously hurt, was he?

this one boggles my mind, he accelerates in mid spin..........

physics_lol.gif

UberTag

I love that four of us recognized Kerwin White's theme. That gimmick is missed.
I also dig Edge's new Won it All, Done it All T-Shirt.

Moofers

So, it sounds like TNA is having some real issues with people claiming they don't pay hospitol bills? What's weird to me is that they have this big stable of "legends" in their roster that I thought all joined up because they felt TNA would give them the respect they wouldn't get in the WWE.

Angle said that he joined TNA because they told him he could take days off whenever he needed to, where as in WWE he was way overworked. Sting didn't go to WWE because he didn't trust McMahon, yet there's gotta be something alright about TNA since he joined. I guess the argument could be made that yeah, of course they're going to promise these guys whatever they want because they are who they are, meanwhile these "Knockouts" get shat on because they are nobody?

Man, I really miss watching wrestling and would love to get back into it again, but hearing all the bogus shit about the two organizations makes it tough. Doesn't anybody take care of their talent?

sleepykyo

Kyoufu said:
Holy shit @ the Cody/Rey match.

DRAFT CODY TO RAW

DRAFT CODY TO RAW

DRAFT CODY TO RAW

DRAFT CODY TO RAW
Screw that. What´s going be left on Smackdown ? Come to think of it though the draft does normally leave Smackdown a wasteland.

edit: WWE kind of takes care of its talent right ? Vickie was given a shot to be on screen talent after Eddie died. Naked chair shots to the head and pile drivers are banned.

If I was still believing, even though I have now stopped, and shall never start believing again, I would swerve that this Edge retirement thing was a work. There is far too much storyline tacked onto it to feel real.

dream

Moofers said:
So, it sounds like TNA is having some real issues with people claiming they don't pay hospitol bills? What's weird to me is that they have this big stable of "legends" in their roster that I thought all joined up because they felt TNA would give them the respect they wouldn't get in the WWE.

Angle said that he joined TNA because they told him he could take days off whenever he needed to, where as in WWE he was way overworked. Sting didn't go to WWE because he didn't trust McMahon, yet there's gotta be something alright about TNA since he joined. I guess the argument could be made that yeah, of course they're going to promise these guys whatever they want because they are who they are, meanwhile these "Knockouts" get shat on because they are nobody?

They're lying, man. Kurt went there because he can do as many drugs as he wants to without fear of drug tests or consequences. Sting gets paid a ton of money to work 2 days a month.

Nobody is in TNA because they want to be there.

ZombieSupaStar said:
this one boggles my mind, he accelerates in mid spin..........

physics_lol.gif
It's like when Rashad Evans fought Machida and when he got knocked out, he created a weird vortex that made him fall faster and in the opposite direction lol

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
dream said:
They're lying, man. Kurt went there because he can do as many drugs as he wants to without fear of drug tests or consequences. Sting gets paid a ton of money to work 2 days a month.

Nobody is in TNA because they want to be there.

i would agree, but what about aj and samoa joe? both are great workers that really deserve better than the crap they are getting at tna.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Daffney's story makes me so sad. I worked a show with her back in 2008 a few months before she signed with TNA and she was seriously one of the nicest people I've ever met. Fuck TNA.
Not to mention gorgeous.

Parallax said:
i would agree, but what about aj and samoa joe? both are great workers that really deserve better than the crap they are getting at tna.

They stuck around because of the easy schedule, money, and WWE booking obviously. At least in TNA they'll get feuds and be on TV. The WWE in its current form would bury the hell out of them.

Just read this interesting little tidbit from Bryan Alvarez of Wrestling Observer:

Just want to say something about Zach Ryder. Zach has a Youtube show that is very popular among Zach fans. In fact, his videos are being watched by approximately 10 times the number of people who are watching NXT on the official WWE Fan Nation Youtube page. I've also been told that people are, and this is a direct quote, "spamming the WWE facebook and twitter accounts for days now", hoping that this will "help the Ryder Revolution grow". What I'm about to say is probably going to be construed as something against Ryder, but it's not, and in fact he's kind of in a lose-lose situation here. My advice is, stop doing this immediately if you're a Zach Ryder fan. If this was any other company maybe in the world, yes, all of this viral attention would probably serve him well. But this is WWE, and in almost EVERY case historically, if a guy gets over and it was not WWE's doing, then WWE has to prove that, in fact, he can't get over, and that he's really no good at all. There is a reason Bryan Danielson was given a new name and given Miz as his "mentor" on NXT. Same with Kaval and Laycool. Same with nearly every other guy who got over huge on the indy scene. You get over huge on the indy scene and it's WWE's "job" to prove that you are not, in fact, really any good at all, and if you do finally get over in WWE, like CM Punk, it's after a long period of having to suffer, do jobs, be booked in a ridiculous manner with ridiculous people, hear that you "can't work", etc. So, long story short, bombarding WWE's Twitter and Facebook pages with Zach Ryder stuff is FAR more likely to backfire than it is to get him a push on Raw or Smackdown. In fact, quite frankly if you want Zach to get a minor push, your best bet is to have Dave or I write in the newsletter that Zach is on the verge of being released and will never be seen on Raw or Smackdown again, at which point he'll probably get a win on one or both shows the following week.

LOL

UberTag

WWE Draft Predictions

RAW TO SMACKDOWN

1) John Cena
2) Sin Cara
3) Daniel Bryan
4) Ted DiBiase

SMACKDOWN TO RAW

1) Rey Mysterio
2) Jack Swagger
3) Justin Gabriel
4) Beth Phoenix

Plus, a bunch of midcard names in the supplemental draft following Monday night.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Dork Knight said:
Just read this interesting little tidbit from Bryan Alvarez of Wrestling Observer:

LOL

so do nothing, and when hes on the verge of getting fe'd, they throw him a pity match? who the hell does that help?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Dork Knight said:

LOL
All it takes is for Zach to appear on TV again, Cole to mention his youtube show while calling him a nerd and bam, the man is buried and released.

Woo woo woo, you know it. :/

remnant

Banned
Wow, people are still bitter about Bryan and Miz being paired together, and Kaval being paired with Laycool.

Even though both of teams had the best chemistry and the majority of television time devoted them in their respective seasons?

Dork Knight said:

LOL

I mean, I knew this already, but still...What an ass backwards company.

remnant said:
Wow, people are still bitter about Bryan and Miz being paired together, and Kaval being paired with Laycool.

Even though both of teams had the best chemistry and the majority of television time devoted them in their respective seasons?

Who cares? It was NXT which probably 1/5 of the audience even saw, and look where it got both of them.

ZeroRay said:
What he wrote makes complete sense given the mentality of the WWE.

If Ryder does get buried (though, with his lack TV presence, you can argue he already is), or worse yet, FE'ed, I think it may murder the morale of the young, mid-card guys. Because it's gonna show that you can't stick up for yourself and try to get over through any means other than Vince.

I mean, I admire Ryder for getting over on his own. Especially because he's doing all this on his own time, without WWE help. Feel sorry for the guy.

But at least he made out with Princess Leia. Awww yeahhh!!

Kusagari

Dork Knight said:

LOL

Man Wrestling 'journalism' is a joke. They can't even spell ZacK's name right.

Also none of his points even make any sense. They changed Bryan's name so they could copyright it. Him and Kaval's mentoring with Miz and Laycool let the two of them get over far more than being paired with bums like the rest of the NXT people. I'm not even going to touch the Punk stuff. Just LOL at him going under a 'long' period of suffering. He got the title within 2 years of being in the company which is an amazingly fast span for the WWE.

UberTag

Dork Knight said:
If Ryder does get buried (though, with his lack TV presence, you can argue he already is), or worse yet, FE'ed, I think it may murder the morale of the young, mid-card guys. Because it's gonna show that you can't stick up for yourself and try to get over through any means other than Vince.

I mean, I admire Ryder for getting over on his own. Especially because he's doing all this on his own time, without WWE help. Feel sorry for the guy.

But at least he made out with Princess Leia. Awww yeahhh!!
WWE is a complete poison environment for anyone with talent and/or wrestling ability right now. If it wasn't for the exposure/decent pay they'd all be better off working Ring of Honor shows.

Sadly, it's still the best place to work for the dollar even if you're never on television so we really shouldn't feel too bad for Zack here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom