• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rafa=FedKilla said:
Is this what kept him out of the E?

At the time I think the reasons stated for WWE passing up on him was because of some concussion issues and the fact that he had all sorts of problems after tearing both biceps. Also, if it was known he had hep c then, I doubt TNA would have let him into a bloody feud with Kurt Angle.

Anyways, this sucks for Nigel. He's one of the hardest workers I've ever seen in wrestling and literally went some way to destroying his body in just a few short years at the top of the indies, he deserved a shot at the big time.

The Raw group wraps up their two-week long International tour with shows on Sunday and Monday in Qatar. The shows will not feature the WWE Divas. Qatar is a radical Islamic country with strict dress laws for women. Women are required to wear clothing that conceals the shoulders and legs in public. Eve Torres, The Bella Twins, Alicia Fox, Melina, Gail Kim, and Tamina have already flown back to the United States.
:lol

dream

Unlike some of his ROH contemporaries like Daniel Bryan, I really think Nigel McGuiness could have made it as a top guy in the WWE. The guy just has the same it factor Punk has.

dream said:
Unlike some of his ROH contemporaries like Daniel Bryan, I really think Nigel McGuiness could have made it as a top guy in the WWE. The guy just has the same it factor Punk has.

I actually agree with you on this - Bryan can tell a fantastic story in-ring, when given the proper amount of time, but even when you had fans chanting 'best in the world' for him there were those that found his style boring, or saw no reason to root for the guy based off his in-ring ability alone. Nigel had the look and the charisma to make it at the top, imo, as well as the wrestling ability, which makes it all the more sad that his career has declined so rapidly entirely thanks to what he put his body through to get there.

Mr. Sam said:
Do you have a source on this?

The Ricci dude posted all this on his blog. He also said a sexual harassment lawsuit has been filed against TNA. The only details he gave was that Terry Taylor was named in the suit.

dream

AnEternalEnigma said:
The Ricci dude posted all this on his blog. He also said a sexual harassment lawsuit has been filed against TNA. The only details he gave was that Terry Taylor was named in the suit.

Pro Wrestling Journalist Honky Tonk Man is hinting that Hulk is involved in the suit. God I hope it's true.

JdFoX187

Banned
worldrunover said:
Listen, I agree with you that heels should win more, and that more variety would greatly improve interest. It sucks going into 90% of matches KNOWING who is going to win, and I'm always more interested in the 10% of matches where I don't know the outcome. I'm in full agreement there. My point is What's happening to Punk isn't because he's CM Punk. It's because he's a top heel, and that's just how these things go.

As for Bryan, who has been booked worse, he or Kofi? Or Swagger? How well was Barrett booked after his initial push? Or Sheamus after his second run? Would you rather have Bryan part of the Corre right now, jobbing to Big Show and Kane every week, which is probably what he'd be doing had he not been initially fired? My point is you're giving creative too much credit by saying they're purposely squashing him. I think they're just utterly inept at cultivating a midcard.
I never said Punk got buried simply because he's Punk. I simply stated that Punk is one example of the terrible way heels are treated in the company. He is handedly the most talented wrestler, both on the mic and in the ring, on the current roster. The man can turn the crowd on his words alone and get them into a match more than anyone else could hope for. But how does he get treated? Like shit, by jobbing out to Randy Orton and John Cena.

As for Bryan and the other indy wrestlers, there's a common thread among WWE acquisitions that they have to pay their dues, no matter how over they are when they come. The two notable exceptions being Alberto Del Rio and Sin Cara, both whom were brought in to eventually replace an aging Rey Mysterio.

All of the WCW guys went through the same thing after the "invasion" angle. RVD had to wait how many years before he was finally given a chance at the main event scene? Booker T was never given anything resembling a credible push until years later when he became King Booker. And yes, I'm even counting that god awful "feud" he had with Triple H where he got buried.

As Alvarez said, unless you get over through the WWE's method, you're going to be buried and forgotten. It's one of the reasons Christian left initially. Man was over more than any other wrestler on the roster, and as a heel to boot, but was held back because it wasn't creative that did it.

spindashing said:
Jeez, there's all this bad publicity on TNA. I kind of feel sorry for the organization.
And then you watch their product, and you don't feel as guilty. In all fairness though, they pretty much brought it upon themselves. It sounds like their management is just as bad off camera as it's portrayed on camera.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
spindashing said:
Jeez, there's all this bad publicity on TNA. I kind of feel sorry for the organization.

i feel sorry for the talent. the organization has been slowly poisoning itself for a while now. i cant wait for the eventual buyout by the e so we can get that rise and fall of tna dvd

JdFoX187 said:
I never said Punk got buried simply because he's Punk. I simply stated that Punk is one example of the terrible way heels are treated in the company. He is handedly the most talented wrestler, both on the mic and in the ring, on the current roster. The man can turn the crowd on his words alone and get them into a match more than anyone else could hope for. But how does he get treated? Like shit, by jobbing out to Randy Orton and John Cena.

While I'm personally of the opinion that booking every heel in the company to the same formula isn't a great idea and that a lot of feuds would gain a lot more heat if certain heels were made to look stronger or more dominant from time to time, WWE have shown they think Punk is a top level heel and he's going to be used as such a whole lot in the future, regardless of how weak he is or isn't made to look in his feuds. I wouldn't say he's treated like shit at all, it's just the same stubborn approach that WWE have towards booking heels.

Lunchbox

Banned
AnEternalEnigma said:
The Raw group wraps up their two-week long International tour with shows on Sunday and Monday in Qatar. The shows will not feature the WWE Divas. Qatar is a radical Islamic country with strict dress laws for women. Women are required to wear clothing that conceals the shoulders and legs in public. Eve Torres, The Bella Twins, Alicia Fox, Melina, Gail Kim, and Tamina have already flown back to the United States.

good

the US needs to get those laws so we can outlaw diva matches here too

JavyOO7

I wouldn't mind Cena or Orton going to Smackdown. You get tired of all the talking after a while and just want to see them wrestle... no matter how good/bad they are at it.

dream said:
It's easier to blame bad booking than admitting the guy just doesn't connect with the audience.

Or y'know, blame bad booking when they don't put guys in situations that can help them connect with the audience. In a staged form of entertainment, how can all the blame fall on the guy out there when it's up to the creative directors to put everything in place? Most especially in an environment that has been WELL documented to NOT promote individual creativity, and has tons of ideas get tossed aside unless top guys come up with them?

Bootaaay said:
While I'm personally of the opinion that booking every heel in the company to the same formula isn't a great idea and that a lot of feuds would gain a lot more heat if certain heels were made to look stronger or more dominant from time to time, WWE have shown they think Punk is a top level heel and he's going to be used as such a whole lot in the future, regardless of how weak he is or isn't made to look in his feuds. I wouldn't say he's treated like shit at all, it's just the same stubborn approach that WWE have towards booking heels.

Exactly what I meant. Sure he'll get used a lot, but what's it matter if all of his great promos, or in ring work get tossed aside in 3 minutes because Cena, and Orton always have to have their comebacks? ALWAYS. I understand that the faces will most likely come out on top to end the feud, but keep it fresh while telling the story. booking all the heels as cheating losers is BORING as hell.

And the whole Desmond Wolfe situation sucks. Dude is so talented.

JavyOO7 said:
I wouldn't mind Cena or Orton going to Smackdown. You get tired of all the talking after a while and just want to see them wrestle... no matter how good/bad they are at it.

My predictions:

Going to Smackdown
Orton
R Truth
Sheamus
Mason Ryan

Going to Raw
Barrett
Cody
Kofi
Rey

Wellscha

turk128 said:
In honor of Edge's retirement.

123tk78.png

dgi91f.png
mj5nbp.png
1hlcl.png

Thank you :)

Kyoufu

Predictions:

RAW to SMACKDOWN

Mason Ryan
David Otunga
Husky Harris
Michael McGillicutty

SMACKDOWN to RAW

Wade Barrett
Justin Gabriel
Heath Slater
Ezekiel Jackson

<WWETROLLFACE>

krae_man

Who does Smackdown even have that Raw can rape and pillage?

Del Rio? Super Rey? umm Big Show and that's pushing it.

Christian better hope and prey he stays put. The last time he got a world title match, Jericho got added to it, he got drafted to Smackdown and jobbed all the way down to the bottom of the card.

sleepykyo

ZeroRay said:
Speaking of the Draft, Dave Laguna wrote a column about the 2005 draft and how Smackdown is percieved as the "B" show.

http://iwantwrestling.com/2011/04/23/tale-of-two-titl-wwe-draft-2005/

Thanks. Everyone already knows Smackdown is the B show, but it is nice to get the details on it.

And Krae's question raises another point? This B show thing has gotten so pronounced that there isn't a whole lot to pillage. There's Cody and Drew McIntyre, but everyone else has been on RAW already.

krae_man

sleepykyo said:
Thanks. Everyone already knows Smackdown is the B show, but it is nice to get the details on it.

And Krae's question raises another point? This B show thing has gotten so pronounced that there isn't a whole lot to pillage. There's Cody and Drew McIntyre, but everyone else has been on RAW already.

I think they will keep Cody on Smackdown till he's main event tier before they move him to raw. A Christian-Cody would be awesome.

Penguin

krae_man said:
Who does Smackdown even have that Raw can rape and pillage?

Del Rio? Super Rey? umm Big Show and that's pushing it.

Christian better hope and prey he stays put. The last time he got a world title match, Jericho got added to it, he got drafted to Smackdown and jobbed all the way down to the bottom of the card.

I feel like this draft will mostly be for Smackdown, I see them sending over a main event heel and face, and Raw getting someone like Big Show and/or Kane in return or something.

Honestly without Taker or Edge, Smackdown doesn't have those go to established superstars. Even the WWE knows to anchor the brand around one or two of them.

krae_man

Penguin said:
I feel like this draft will mostly be for Smackdown, I see them sending over a main event heel and face, and Raw getting someone like Big Show and/or Kane in return or something.

Honestly without Taker or Edge, Smackdown doesn't have those go to established superstars. Even the WWE knows to anchor the brand around one or two of them.

Smackdown is going to get renamed NXT because of how little will be left of it:p

NoDQ.com said:
To follow up on the story of John Morrison snubbing Trish Stratus at WrestleMania XXVII, friends of the Raw Superstar were shocked by his cold behavior. The assumption of many within WWE is that Melina was in his ear all week because she believed Stratus was taking her spot at the pay-per-view event.

Sources say as Status was presenting her match suggestions to Morrison backstage, he said things such as "I'm not feeling that" (coined several years ago by Hulk Hogan in WCW) and "I don't want to look at you."

Kelly Kelly was scheduled for the Six-person Mixed Tag Team Match at one point, but the addition of Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi to the bout apparently led to a change in plans. It has been speculated that WWE instigated rumors of Kelly Kelly appearing in the match to prevent news of Snooki wrestling from leaking out.

Multiple people within WWE are blaming the entire situation on Melina as they feel she's primarily responsible for the friction between Morrison and Stratus. Melina has been a heat magnet within the locker room for years, which is why a number of her pushes have been derailed.

Comparisons to former WWE talent Tammy Sytch (a/k/a Sunny) were drawn early in her WWE run as many people felt she was difficult to deal with and that her ego had grown out of control. Melina was sentenced to face The Undertaker in "Wrestler's Court" in early 2006 due to her unscrupulous behavior, which is the unofficial forum among WWE talent for the policing of wrestlers that violate the rules and traditions of the company. Her ill-behaved manners persisted and she found herself transferred from SmackDown to Raw.

There have been numerous other accounts of friction between Melina and her locker room peers dating back to her time in developmental.

* She had issues with veteran female talent such as Amy "Lita" Dumas kicking her out of the locker room and forcing her to change in the hallway. Melina carried on the tradition with some of the younger Divas once she became a veteran herself.

* Melina was involved in a backstage altercation with Sharmell on May 13, 2006 at a SmackDown live event in El Paso, Texas. The incident was triggered by Batista's fistfight with Booker T the week prior during shooting for the SummerSlam commercial.

* Taryn Terrell (a/k/a Tiffany) stated during an interview following her elimination from the 2007 Diva Search that Melina was the one person she was warned about by WWE personnel.

* Maria Kanellis was not complementary of Melina in interviews following her release from WWE last year.

* Brooke Adams, who now performs as Miss Tessmacher in TNA Wrestling, revealed in an interview earlier this year that her departure from WWE in 2007 had nothing to do with Melina. She did, however, disparage her former colleague's character.

Adams said, "The reason I left WWE never had anything to do with her, that was just a rumor. When I left I was actually the only person that liked her. She was such a rude, fake, bitch to everyone. She then tried to turn my girls Layla and Kelly Kelly against me by telling them a lie that I said which in reality was a rumor that she started. It was never anything I said. I can't stand her and neither can most of the rest."

* Melina harbored great animosity towards Mickie James early in her career. She trashed James for months on the message forum of her official website while the two worked side by side in Ohio Valley Wrestling, going as far to call her a 'slut' in one post.

Melina wrote: "I'd rather work with a Diva who has no training than work with Alexis Laree.

"She steals other girls moves. Is lazy and doesn't care about anyone but herself. It's justice that she isn't on tv.

"But I do want to see hard working girls such as Beth Pheonix and Shelly Martinez up on the show... as for Angel Williams... she can cry on a pillow with Alexis - slut - Laree."

Shortly after James' promotion to the main roster in October 2005, Melina posted a lengthy commentary alleging she was victimized by the Richmond native—without referring to her by name.

Melina wrote: "I know that there's going to be people who don't understand. I'm sorry... I can't help the way I feel about HER (I Hope you know who HER is). I tried my best to get along with the girl. It's just not meant to be. I don't know if you've seen America's Next Top Model and how cady girls can be on that show... well, welcome to my world with HER. She hated me from the day I showed up to Louisville. She made sure my life there wasn't great. You WOULD think it was a new person thing, but when new people came around, I was still the one who got her crap. But you know, as she tried to break me.... I just got stronger and tried harder. Our work got us on tv and She hated that I was on tv first.

"She hated that I got any attention at all. You know.... I don't consider myself pretty. Not at all. Not like the other girls. And I am cool with that. Like I have said before, looks come and go but the way I am, the way i treat people and the things I accomplish in life... that can never be taken away from me. I can die right now knowing how I touched peoples lives.... I know that I did things on my terms. I never took off my clothes, kissed ass or slept with anyone to get my spot. I worked hard. I'm not perfect but I give the people my all."

In general, Melina has a reputation behind the scenes for being 'a head case'. People within WWE were praising her for returning with a improved attitude following her long injury layoff last year, but others immediately predicted that it wouldn't last long.
It's a lengthy read, but it's pretty interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom