• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Even though the one on SmackDown a couple weeks ago was well-booked they absolutely need to stop with these lazy battle royals to decide #1 contenders, draft pick winners and the like.

I'm already dreading the parade of guys in generic red RAW and blue SmackDown shirts tonight. Except for Cena who will still get to wear his own shirt because "Hey, it's already red!"

bwahhhhh

UberTag said:
Christian already had his moment with Edge........... and Hunter.
By that logic, the WWE would have given Chavo the title after Eddie died.
No reason to think Vince finally believes Christian is title-worthy... even if it is the World Heavyweight title.

but unlike an out-of-nowhere Chavo push, Christian already had a built-in angle with ADR, and his own return from injury a couple months ago. The match/story doesn't feel forced at all, it's like the stars aligned with Edge's diagnosis. i stopped believing Christian would ever get a world title run back when he dropped the ECW title to Ezekiel Jackson on the last episode of ECW, for no reason at all. i feel dumb getting my hopes up again.

Christian is being booked too much as "Edge's buddy", silent on the mic while Edge trash talks ADR, for me to think he'll win. If he stays silent on the mic this week with Edge talking, it pretty much guarantees ADR will win.

zychi said:
Doesn't Donald Trump run the Ms. USA Pageant? Isn't he and Vince buddies now? I really doubt Rima is gonna go anywhere, even if she doesn't wrestle for a long time they'll use her like they did the Bella Twins before they finally got in the ring.
Exactly. She'll be around for awhile. She has been a main focus on TE in all of the episodes that have been shown so far; WWE obviously knows her star power.

She can be eye-candy, or she can actually make an attempt to learn the craft (like what Trish, Candice Michelle and Kelly Kelly have done).

Barrage

I can see them eliminating no one to give Rima another chance, considering the surprise double elimination last week.

But if she doesn't get it, she doesn't get it. Not all Divas have to wrestle. Start her off as a manager, like Trish was.

UberTag

bwahhhhh said:
Christian is being booked too much as "Edge's buddy", silent on the mic while Edge trash talks ADR, for me to think he'll win. If he stays silent on the mic this week with Edge talking, it pretty much guarantees ADR will win.
That should tell you all you need to know right there. Although to be fair, "silent on the mic" is how WWE books all of their mid-card faces and even Orton most of the time. Makes me nostalgiac for when Christian was given a TON of mic time back in the early 2000s.

MisterHero

lol I could see them trying to reason so hard into not letting Rima go in the last few episodes.

Bret's appearance was too short; oh well

"I feel like I have a ball... In my throat."

Lol.

You see this farewell? No other contestant had such a farewell. This isn't the last we've seen of her.

Wrekt

GriffD17 said:
Wrasslin' Gaf, need your help.

I remember a few years back seeing a video of someone backstage flying in from off camera to do a diamond cutter type move on someone.

Could use a nice hearty chuckle. I did some searching on youtube and google but wasn't finding it.
There are quite a few that cover that description.

Cutter.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blAHjuUhADE

Striker

"Careers will be changed!" for three weeks until WWE puts the regular guys back down in the midcard and never utilize them properly.

Jin34

Plywood said:
Like most Divas? Anyway, she'll get a developmental deal.

She's several levels below even that. She'll go to FCW and at worst she'll Melina her way to the top or something anyway.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The fuck, you get a draft pick for eliminating. What is this I don't even.
Jin34 said:
She's several levels below even that. She'll go to FCW and at worst she'll Melina her way to the top or something anyway.
I'm never gonna stop believing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom