• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavyOO7

Kofi is going to get wasted on RAW, I think. I just don't trust RAW's creative staff for anything, really.

I was out of the loop with wrestling last year but my best example would be Sheamus. He was a monster heel and a two time champ and then he goes to the US belt and a path to irrelevance. Damn...

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Just off the top of my head, Raw now has

Big slow
JBL
Kofi
Melinas bitch
Truth
Sheamus
Chris Masters
Evan Bourne
McIntyre
Jtg
Ryder
Swagger

Lol. How are any of those guys going to get any in ring time?

a) he's too stiff in the ring, half the time I think he's going to pull/rip something.
b) Lie Detector (is that it?) is starting to miss/not really hit opponent hard, which leads to opponent selling ridiculously. That always annoyed me, but then JoMo's finisher misser alot too.
c) Too much dancing in the ring (NOT ANYMORE!!!)
d) doesn't exactly tell a story in-ring.

outside the ring, he's been shit on by EVERYONE, Punk multiple times included. I can't remember the last person he's even beaten. Before this hell turn started everyone thought he was cannon fodder in the Triple Threat Match. How is he going to lead a faction w/o at least a month of momentum buildup? The usual "I had enough I'm a new person now" shit? Redo his gimmick, maybe play the race card or something like last night.

UberTag

Chauncy Talon said:
Tyson Kidd... hmmmm.. Great in ring worker. Sin Cara's #1 jobber.
Clearly Primo is a guaranteed future endeavor if he stays on RAW. His only remaining value was as a jobber sponge for Sin Cara and that ship has now sailed.

dream

Barrage said:
You haven't won a playoff game in 10 years. I'd take it slow on the chirping.

knicks_shirt.jpg

Who cares about the last decade!

Barrage said:
You haven't won a playoff game in 10 years. I'd take it slow on the chirping.
I'm in the NBA?

The Knicks regardless of playoff showing (y'know, where injuries/lack of depth killed them?) are in a better position than Toronto. If you want to chirp, then learn to take it. You want to discuss logical points on wrestling, let's do so. Fair enough?

You've laid out real good points, Frankman. I agree with everything you've said. Of course, he is a bit lacking in those departments; though, we've yet to see him wrestle after this heel turn.

His mic skills can carry him as a heel; from his promo last night, anyone can admit it. We don't know if he's going to lead a faction by any means, that's only fun speculation. All we know is that he has turned heel. If they want to play it right, they could have him single out certain wrestlers, for example Kofi, and tell them that they shouldn't fight for the crowd (as Truth saw in his own epiphany) and fight for himself. Of course Kofi will not like such a thing and fight Truth, but gradually Kofi will realize such things as his losing streak, as well as losing his main event spot...

Could he be the mouthpiece of such a heel team? Yes. Would his in-ring work equate to his ability in being the mouthpiece? I'm not too sure, but the possibilities are endless with this persona switch and the draft bringing in new blood.

Edit: Are you okay, Frankman?

Ryck

The Frankman said:
a) he's too stiff in the ring, half the time I think he's going to pull/rip something.
b) Lie Detector (is that it?) is starting to miss/not really hit opponent hard, which leads to opponent selling ridiculously. That always annoyed me, but then JoMo's finisher misser alot too.
c) Too much dancing in the ring (NOT ANYMORE!!!)
d) doesn't exactly tell a story in-ring.
Good main points, although the same could be said of many top guys. We all know it doesn't take in ring work anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom