• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker

Punk does deserve better. People here act like shifting from feud to feud without ever getting a raise up, especially for something he probably wants, a title, gets old after a while. If he leaves they're losing their top heel in terms of all-around ability. Miz isn't shit on him.

Toki767

So with the draft being done and 4 out of the 5 people in a world title match are on Raw, Christian SHOULD get the title on Sunday right?

Why does it feel like it makes too much sense to actually happen?

DKehoe

WWE have apparently approached Mirko Cro Cop about signing him. Del Rio is shitting bricks.
Mirko-Crocop-vs-Dos-Caras-03.jpg

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
JdFoX187 said:
Sheamus to Smackdown. Should be a good fit there. Now we can listen to all the fans whining that Zack Ryder didn't get drafted. Dude is terrible, hopefully he's FE'd.

Yeah, that'd be awesome. Imagine all the good that would come of it! A genuinely funny, talented guy would be out of a job, and most importantly, it would piss off people who aren't me! It's always great to see people who aren't me displeased! :D :D

JavyOO7

Before Sheamus heads to SD he'll probably lose his title to somebody. And I think the draft doesn't take effect for a while anyhow.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
What a fucking joke, the mans shirts sell out on WWE.com and its still not enough to get on a brand. He makes his own fans. He obviously cares about the company. He's stuck on Superstars. Fuck this shit.

I'm tipping over some magazine racks later tonight. Game over man, game over.

Penguin

RAW:
Rey Mysterio
Alberto Del Rio
John Cena
Big Show
Jack Swagger
Kelly Kelly
JTG
Drew McIntyre
Curt Hawkins
Kofi Kingston
Tyler Reks
Beth Phoenix

Brie Bella
Nikki Bella
CM Punk
David Hart Smith
David Otunga
Dolph Ziggler
Evan Bourne
Eve Torres
Gail Kim
Goldust
Husky Harris
Jerry Lawler
John Morrison
Maryse
Mason Ryan
Melina
Michael McGillicutty
Justin Roberts
Michael Cole
Michael Tarver
Primo
R-Truth
Santino Marella
Scott Stanford
Skip Sheffield
The Miz
Triple H
Vickie Guerrero
Vladimir Kozlov
Zack Ryder
Mr. McMahon

SmackDown
Daniel Bryan
Randy Orton
Mark Henry
Sin Cara
The Great Khali
Ranjin Singh
Jimmy Uso
Alicia Fox
William Regal
Yoshi Tatsu
Natalya
Jey Uso
Ted DiBiase
Tyson Kidd
Tamina
Alex Riley
Sheamus

Booker T
Brodus Clay
Chavo Guerrero
Chris Masters
Christian
Cody Rhodes
Ezekiel Jackson
Heath Slater
Hornswoggle
Jack Korpela
Josh Matthews
Justin Gabriel
Kaitlyn
Kane
Layla
Matt Striker
Michelle McCool
Ricardo Rodriguez
Rosa Mendes
Teddy Long
Todd Grisham
Tony Chimel
Trent Baretta
The Undertaker
Wade Barrett

Updated roster

Both rosters seem to have their good qualities and bad qualities, the problem I fear is the WWE just reshuffled the deck on Smackdown for the same ole feuds. I mean I can already see the Orton/Sheamus feud brewing.

Mr. Sam

Plywood said:
What a fucking joke, the mans shirts sell out on WWE.com and its still not enough to get on a brand. He makes his own fans. He obviously cares about the company. He's stuck on Superstars. Fuck this shit.

I'm tipping over some magazine racks later tonight. Game over man, game over.

You do know he's not literally on the Superstars brand, right? He's on Raw.

Forkball

I don't see them merging the mid-card titles. Either Wade or Barrett will lose it soon and the winner will be someone who was most recently drafted to Raw (like Kofi).

One point I forgot to mention before, Truth was on fire on Raw, great promo, at first he wasnt getting all that much heat because nobody really gives a shit that he attacked some Divas pimp but he got some good heat out there.

Loved the 'Truth has set me free' sign off line.

Now I await a bad theme followed by 32 remixes of said theme

And that's the truth.

The guy who's made title belts over the years for WWE, TNA, WCW, ECW, etc. posted prototype plates of The Rock's rumored Brahma Bull belt from 1999:

ht5ts4.jpg

260cwgy.jpg

JdFoX187

Banned
Seraphis Cain said:
Yeah, that'd be awesome. Imagine all the good that would come of it! A genuinely funny, talented guy would be out of a job, and most importantly, it would piss off people who aren't me! It's always great to see people who aren't me displeased! :D :D
Funny? Talented? The dude is about as enjoyable as nails on a chalkboard. WWE is in financial issues, why keep guys on the roster that literally aren't doing anything? At least all of the Ryder fans, and I don't know how they even exist, can take solace in the fact he can go work for a company that, for whatever insane reason, might utilize him "better."

dream

JdFoX187 said:
Funny? Talented? The dude is about as enjoyable as nails on a chalkboard. WWE is in financial issues, why keep guys on the roster that literally aren't doing anything? At least all of the Ryder fans, and I don't know how they even exist, can take solace in the fact he can go work for a company that, for whatever insane reason, might utilize him "better."

There is tremendous irony in this post.

JdFoX187

Banned
dream said:
There is tremendous irony in this post.
In what way? I would cull many on the roster if I was running the company. It's too bloated, especially when maybe a dozen guys are used on each show. Your hatred of Bryan is irrational, considering the man is close to Punk as the best wrestler in the company. Ryder is terrible in every way except on the mic. I give him credit, he can actually talk better than a lot of guys. But when that's combined with his god awful Jersey Shore pandering gimmick and his lackluster in-ring skills, he doesn't belong on TV.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
JdFoX187 said:
In what way? I would cull many on the roster if I was running the company. It's too bloated, especially when maybe a dozen guys are used on each show. Your hatred of Bryan is irrational, considering the man is close to Punk as the best wrestler in the company. Ryder is terrible in every way except on the mic. I give him credit, he can actually talk better than a lot of guys. But when that's combined with his god awful Jersey Shore pandering gimmick and his lackluster in-ring skills, he doesn't belong on TV.

And between mic skill and in-ring skill, which one does modern WWE value more?

I'm a huge Danielson fan, but let's be realistic here.

JdFoX187

Banned
Seraphis Cain said:
And between mic skill and in-ring skill, which one does modern WWE value more?

I'm a huge Danielson fan, but let's be realistic here.
You're not going to get any arguments out of me there. It's why I've said time and time again creative are a bunch of damned idiots. But trolling Daniel Bryan weekly saying he doesn't belong, while turning around and praising the noble Zack Ryder is laughable, even if you look at it from creative's standpoint.

This is the same company that has Vickie Guerrero as one of the top heels.

This is also the same company that has Michael Cole of all people as one of the company's top heels. He had a match with Jim Ross and is scheduled to fight in a PPV.

Mic Skills > Wrestling Ability.

dream

JdFoX187 said:
You're not going to get any arguments out of me there. It's why I've said time and time again creative are a bunch of damned idiots. But trolling Daniel Bryan weekly saying he doesn't belong, while turning around and praising the noble Zack Ryder is laughable, even if you look at it from creative's standpoint.

No it's not. Zack Ryder has more fans than Daniel Bryan.

Daniel Bryan had the same type of grassroots movement behind him at one point too, but he squandered it with his mediocrity. But at least he was given the chance.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
dream said:
No it's not. Zack Ryder has more fans than Daniel Bryan.

Daniel Bryan had the same type of grassroots movement behind him at one point too, but he squandered it with his mediocrity. But at least he was given the chance.
Um, his WWE stint has basically been debut with nexus -> fired -> hired -> Miz feud -> Bella Twins -> Bella Twins -> Bella Twins -> Feud with Sheamus that was booked like shit.

He was mad over when he joined and during his miz feud, and then they paired him with the bellas for like 4 months.

dream said:

More fool you and WWE creative if you think that was any sort of chance to get a guy like Bryan Danielson over. We all know how to book Bryan. WWE know how to properly book Bryan. But, for whatever reason, they don't want to do it like that, leaving the trolls and naysayers to shake their heads and tut tut as Danielson fails to rise above the shit given to him that, instead of playing to his strengths, only serves to highlight his inadequacies.

But you're right, what a mediocre failure Daniel Bryan is. If only WWE hadn't been so blind as to hire a WRESTLER to do an ACTION SOAP OPERA SUPERSTAR's job.

dream

GaimeGuy said:
Um, his WWE stint has basically been debut with nexus -> fired -> hired -> Miz feud -> Bella Twins -> Bella Twins -> Bella Twins -> Feud with Sheamus that was booked like shit.

He was mad over when he joined and during his miz feud, and then they paired him with the bellas for like 4 months.

If a guy can't get over after doing an angle with one beautiful woman and an above average woman fighting over him, I don't even know what to tell you. This is after they brought him back as the focal point of the second biggest PPV of the year too.

Zack Ryder hasn't had even a quarter of the opportunities Daniel Bryan has had but he somehow manages to have fans demanding a push and more tv time for the guy.

Bootaaay said:
More fool you and WWE creative if you think that was any sort of chance to get a guy like Bryan Danielson over. We all know how to book Bryan. WWE know how to properly book Bryan. But, for whatever reason, they don't want to do it like that, leaving the trolls and naysayers to shake their heads and tut tut as Danielson fails to rise above the shit given to him that, instead of playing to his strengths, only serves to highlight his inadequacies.

But you're right, what a mediocre failure Daniel Bryan is. If only WWE hadn't been so blind as to hire a WRESTLER to do an ACTION SOAP OPERA SUPERSTAR's job.

Okay, let's say they give him a makeover and redebut him as Best In The World, The American Dragon Bryan Danielson. Who's he gonna work that style with? How is it going to look when 6'3 Randy Orton gets tapped via Cattle Mutilation by 5'9 Bryan Danielson?

DKehoe

spindashing said:
No one. Even heel wrestlers that honestly try their hardest in the ring as heels.
So then she should be one of the top heels. Don't see why there is anything wrong with that.

DKehoe said:
So then she should be one of the top heels. Don't see why there is anything wrong with that.
I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with that. There's nothing wrong with a manager being one of the most, if not the most, reviled heels in the company today through their efforts.

My point was that WWE values mic skills more than actual grappling/wrestling skills.

DKehoe

spindashing said:
I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with that. There's nothing wrong with a manager being one of the most, if not the most, reviled heels in the company today through their efforts.

My point was that WWE values mic skills more than actual grappling/wrestling skills.
But surely Vickie getting so over based just on her mic skills rather than her non existant in ring skills would just "prove" that is actually more valuable? (I'm not saying I personally believe that is the case, just that one example could be used to show it is)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom