• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keyser Soze said:
When Matt Hardy got fired all those years back, and the IWC stared chants for him, and were booing Lita just for appearing on in the ring, WWE bright him back, and pushed him decently for a while. He fucking got Austin/Rock level pops when he came back and attacked Edge. They then just completely shat on him. I can see the same thing happening with Ryder.

It's the WWE way - look at Jamie Noble, dude got busted for steroids and fired from WWE then went to ROH where he tore the house down, became a huge fan favourite and won the ROH title to much acclaim, so WWE brought him back, and for what? To feud with Hornswaggle and get squashed for all eternity? What a waste of talent.

Lunchbox

Banned
dream said:
For the second time in my life, someone drove by me blaring Hardcore Country. :/
that was me, i was skipping between Maryse's theme and "Oh radio"

gotta remember to delete that shit from my playlist

DKehoe

Entropia said:
Alright I've seen the team "Future Endeavored" a lot... does that mean getting fired/laid off?
Yeh, whenever someone gets released from WWE a notice is put up on wwe.com announcing it, part of which always says they wish them the best in their future endeavors. It's become so well known its even been referenced on tv.

ikY7Wc.gif

inoICo.gif

inoG8m.gif

intHCW.gif

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
First time I've heard Scott Stamford. He has a perfect announcing voice, hope he moves up to Raw once he gets some more experience, definitely has potential to be great.

Ryder match was boring as fuck, hold hold hold hold hold.

Also, Matt Hardy lost his push all those years ago because Matt Hardy is awful, no other reason. He managed to get some sympathy from fans by making Lita look like a whore rather than someone who couldn't stand having to fuck a whiny loser and tried to upgrade. But beyond that there was no reason to like the guy, and once that sympathy wore off, he was about as interesting as mold.

Nice, you should make a higher quality version of
r-truth-o.gif

siddx said:
First time I've heard Scott Stamford. He has a perfect announcing voice, hope he moves up to Raw once he gets some more experience, definitely has potential to be great.

Ryder match was boring as fuck, hold hold hold hold hold.

Based on the latest Z!TLIS it looks like he still has a "dayjob" on a news station. WWE isn't going to push him as a major announcer if he keeps that (like Todd and his soccer gig).

Professor Beef said:
I thought Matt was fantastic during his V1 days, but that's about it.

I also see that JR gif seeing a lot of use in the future.

Smackdown boom clap + R-Truth + JR gifs will be useful come E3.

AdawgDaFAB said:
Nice, you should make a higher quality version of
http://www.gifsoup.com/view2/2403918/r-truth-o.gif[IMG]
[/QUOTE]
Ask and ye shall receive. Credit goes to somedevil for the original. You don't know how much times I lost my shit while making this one. Truth's facial expressions are godlike.
[IMG]http://i.min.us/intD0S.gif

Also some extras:
ikXZPO.gif

ino7X0.gif

So, Nick Gage got sentenced;

Combat Zone Wrestling star Nicholas "Nick Gage" Wilson was sentenced this morning to five years in prison in the State Superior Court of Camden, New Jersey after having plead guilty to one second-degree count of bank robbery. Gage will not eligible for parole until serving 85% of that sentence, according to the Camden Prosecutor's Office.

Gage will also be responsible for paying restitution of $3,095 to the PNC Bank branch in Collingswood, NJ that he robbed as well as $150 in lost wages to the bank teller, who later left her position with the branch after the robbery.

In court, Gage was forthcoming about his addiction to painkillers and acknowledged that the time would serve him well in getting himself healthy, according to the Prosecutor's office.

Gage turned himself in shortly after his photo was publicly disseminated by the authorities. Prosecutors noted that they received calls from a number of wrestling fans that recognized Gage from his exploits in CZW.

In an interview after he was taken into custody, Gage spoke of his painkiller addiction, but noted he did not blame it on his professional wrestling career.

The local media was in court covering the sentencing, so it's likely the story will make the Philadelphia newscasts this evening.

Also, found this article about WWE creative horror stories pretty amusing;

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2011/4/27/2137216/top-ten-horror-stories-from-wwe-creative

Number 9: Madigan's Misery

The adventures of See No Evil writer Dan Madigan in WWE are probably deserving of a section of their own. Indeed, Madigan had a crazier time there than most. As he noted to Powerslam magazine in 2008, he was initially a golden boy in WWE (Vince loved the dire and sophomoric See No Evil, likely seeing it on par with The King’s Speech or Black Swan or something) but Madigan quickly fell out of favour after pitching a strange idea in a creative meeting. Greatly misjudging Vince’s mood one day, Madigan pushed the sensational idea of Baron Von Bava, a Nazi cyborg, frozen in the last days of World War Two (“in a secret cave in the Swiss Alps!” Madigan would elaborate to Powerslam) suddenly thawed out after fifty years intent on carrying on the work of Hitler. Better yet, it would later be revealed that Paul Heyman (who is Jewish) would be his new manager, intent on unleashing this Nazi monster on the world. Madigan also suggested that the character would then goose-step to the ring, and then got promptly got up in the meeting and began goose-stepping, to show Vince and the rest of the writers how it would work.

After Madigan had finished pitching the idea, everything went quiet. Then after a few seconds of silence, a stunned Vince (in a rare moment of modesty and taste) slowly got up from his chair, put on his coat and grabbed his briefcase, and walked out of the room without uttering a word.
The rest of the writing team were equally shocked; after Vince left no-one else in the meeting knew what to say. Madigan was unrepentant and explained: “I thought these were good ideas: inside my mind, it worked out well.”

Lol, Baron von Bava would have been money. Damn you Vince!

I do remember hearing that back in 2004. That was the proposed gimmick for Heidenreich, that he would be an unfrozen Nazi who still thinks it's the 1940s with Heyman managing him. Eventually, he just became a pseudo-shoot fighter that Heyman managed. I also remember hearing that Booker T. was going to do a Papa Shango gimmick.

Linkified

DKehoe said:
Vince's response really shows how little TNA is on his radar.

I know this is cynical but I could see Vince buying them for their previous content doing loads of videos to show how terrible TNA is.

Scott Stanford needs to get primed for Smackdown or Raw in the future. He's got passion and once he learns a bit more, I think he could be phenomenal.

By the way, where can I watch Superstars live? Curious. I actually watched the whole Youtube link and the matches were actually... good.

I expect Ryder to get some time when Raw on June 13th as it will be airing live from the NASSAU COLISEUM! I wish I was back on Long Island now :(

Either this match is going to be the greatest thing ever, or a huge cluster fuck;

2n6y9lu.png

Hope Sid can still go, otherwise I've no idea how he's going to even get a guy like Kingston up for the powerbomb.

Four_Chamber said:
Scott Stanford needs to get primed for Smackdown or Raw in the future. He's got passion and once he learns a bit more, I think he could be phenomenal.

By the way, where can I watch Superstars live? Curious. I actually watched the whole Youtube link and the matches were actually... good.

I expect Ryder to get some time when Raw on June 13th as it will be airing live from the NASSAU COLISEUM! I wish I was back on Long Island now :(

In the USA superstars is on WWE.com on thursday, its on Sky one on Fridays in the UK

Keyser Soze said:
Otron looks awesome with a
Beard
Beards
are awesome. Let's hope he keeps his
Beard

Also now he is guaranteed to get to stick his
viper
in
Melina

Also, maybe a mini spoiler but Sin Cara gets special botch hiding mood lighting.

cjelly said:
The Michelle McCool edit on SD is hilarious.

It's like "Loser leaves..." (silence, completely different voice) "...WWE."

It reminded me of the Simpsons when Homer had the birthday video made for Lisa.

Loser leaves....MCNUGGETS!

Lunchbox said:
we already have more than you in a night essay, we multiply like rabbits! you dead

Rafa
Rafa (counts as two)
me
Professor Beef
ZeroRay
sf2fanatic
Plywood
Pristine_Condition
All other cliques are like the Brady Six.

I am a fan of Christan, but damn his interview skills are terrible - even after 10 years of doing it. He is much, much better playing of someone else in the ring.

spindashing said:
Alex Riley's new theme is ass, you guys were right.
Yep. Seems all spacey and shit, like a high flying jobber tag team or something.

Edit: Fuck, another tag match? Does anyone here actually like these multi-star tag set ups? I can't stand them :^/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom