• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

BHZ Mayor

S7DO.gif

FTFY.

That look is what Vince McMahon would look like if he was a Tekken 1 character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TRG7VAOBKQ

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I need to watch that one at some point. I love Heenan and feel like he's the best color commentator ever...and I even love it when he's just being a prick like you describe.

I can't emphasize how much I think you shouldn't do this. I love Heenan and this left a stain on him in my opinion - and I know he does it other times as well. I think back in the day I tolerated it or didn't bother because I irrationally hated Schiavone but in the past 5 or so years I've really gained a new appreciation for how hard he worked.

Alucard

Banned
Ah, okay. I think many wrestling fans would toss mockery at him for liking TNA, not to suggest you would.

Having a TNA shirt is even more embarrassing than having a "regular" wrestling shirt.

Or maybe not because nobody knows TNA.

Come on, guys. Be nice. TNA isn't that bad.

TNA feels like they're so close to being a really good wrestling promotion, but their booking inevitably messes them up.

Alucard

Banned
Why does WWE insist on putting stuff on both sides of their t-shirts? Every time. ROH is guilty of this too. It often ruins good shirts.

Aiii

So not worth it
Come on, guys. Be nice. TNA isn't that bad.

TNA feels like they're so close to being a really good wrestling promotion, but their booking inevitably messes them up.

Why do you like Vince Russo so much anyways?

TNA's doing a "Committed match; loser will be sent to a mental institution" on Sunday. Yep.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why does WWE insist on putting stuff on both sides of their t-shirts? Every time. ROH is guilty of this too. It often ruins good shirts.

More space to advertise, with just the front you're only shilling their dude or diva 50%!

Alucard

Banned

TNA's doing a "Committed match; loser will be sent to a mental institution" on Sunday. Yep.

I'm not a fan of that match stipulation and I don't like every single thing that TNA does. I just think the blanket idea that they are terrible is unfair.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Is this a fight in the crowd or a match?

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm not a fan of that match stipulation and I don't like every single thing that TNA does. I just think the blanket idea that they are terrible is unfair.

TNA's terrible stuff is so terrible even the 10 minutes of okay stuff is terrible by association. There is nothing redeeming to be found in TNA, I am sorry but that's the truth. Everyone here knows I'm pretty damn forgiving of terrible as long as there is some good stuff to latch on to, so I dare say that if they manage to scare me off of watching their product, it's pretty damn bad.

Is this a fight in the crowd or a match?

It has Mr. Anderson so calling it a fight or a match is wrong either way.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mick Foley shitting on WWE2k15 and making it so us, the fans, don't get an intact roster:

LEGENDS DEAL

"To deal..or not to deal - that is the question. As some of you may have heard, at this point, I am opting not to sign my Legends Marketing Deal, which gives ‪#‎WWE‬ the right to market my likeness on video games and action figures. I'll be writing in more detail about this in the next week or so, but it would be fair to say that, despite strong sales, I have found the payoffs for the past two video games to be extremely weak - in the 25% range of what most talent was expecting.

Last year, the explanation had something to do with the video game company going bankrupt - a real shame for me, since I was heavily featured as three characters from the "Attitude" era, complete with voice work. I haven't heard this year's explanation yet, but, personally. I think the #WWE just wants to see if the talent will accept a far lower percentage than had previously been given. If so, it would proably be a good business move for #WWE, since very few current wrestlers are going to jeapordize their standing with the company by offering resistance - and most legends will probably come to feel like anything they get from merchandise is better than nothing.

As for me: until I hear a valid reason, I'm opting out."

Marvel

could never
I like Regal at NXT but I would love to see him replace King on RAW. My man Cole needs to go back Heel too.

Jerry Lawler, when all of the heels on RAW and Evolution attacked The Shield:

"It's like 3 thugs beating up 3 guys after 11 men already beat them up."

What the hell kind of simile is that lol that's ACTUALLY what happened...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jerry Lawler, when all of the heels on RAW and Evolution attacked The Shield:

"It's like 3 thugs beating up 3 guys after 11 men already beat them up."

What the hell kind of simile is that lol that's ACTUALLY what happened...

It's JUST like that.

Hasney

Mick Foley shitting on WWE2k15 and making it so us, the fans, don't get an intact roster:

Eh, to be fair I don't know the ins and outs of the legends deal so I won't judge, but the free money for your wrestling likeness if he's not obligated to do the voice work would be good enough to sign it I would have though. Free money from #WWE would be great. Still, the roster is usually alright and isn't a problem with the game... Unlike so many other glaring things.

Just made me think about CM Punk though. CM Punk owns his own likeness, so I'm thinking that's why they kept him under contract and are paying him even though he's staying home. If his merch still does gangbusters, it wouldn't make logical business sense to end that gravy train early.

Raw64life

LEGENDS DEAL

"To deal..or not to deal - that is the question. As some of you may have heard, at this point, I am opting not to sign my Legends Marketing Deal, which gives ‪#‎WWE‬ the right to market my likeness on video games and action figures. I'll be writing in more detail about this in the next week or so, but it would be fair to say that, despite strong sales, I have found the payoffs for the past two video games to be extremely weak - in the 25% range of what most talent was expecting.

Last year, the explanation had something to do with the video game company going bankrupt - a real shame for me, since I was heavily featured as three characters from the "Attitude" era, complete with voice work. I haven't heard this year's explanation yet, but, personally. I think the #WWE just wants to see if the talent will accept a far lower percentage than had previously been given. If so, it would proably be a good business move for #WWE, since very few current wrestlers are going to jeapordize their standing with the company by offering resistance - and most legends will probably come to feel like anything they get from merchandise is better than nothing.

As for me: until I hear a valid reason, I'm opting out."

Well they certainly don't spend a whole lot of money on making improvements to the games every year so I can't say I blame him.

Alucard

Banned
TNA's terrible stuff is so terrible even the 10 minutes of okay stuff is terrible by association. There is nothing redeeming to be found in TNA, I am sorry but that's the truth. Everyone here knows I'm pretty damn forgiving of terrible as long as there is some good stuff to latch on to, so I dare say that if they manage to scare me off of watching their product, it's pretty damn bad.

I think it's worth it just to see what EC3 and Rockstar Spud do.

Backstage post-show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on2xTV_jTFc

The Hunt for Willow skits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WyLg5OW5jU

The Wolves and BroMans have been having great house show matches based on in-person reports, so their Sacrifice encounter will probably be pretty great too.

Alucard

Banned
Examples of t-shirts that would be better off without the back.

AJ-Styles-ROH-t-shirt.png

DYBXmis.png

The second one barely makes sense. Are they saying he doesn't have it anymore?

KissVibes

Banned
TNA fucked up when they didn't give Liam Payne from One Direction that TNA World Title when he faced Kurt Angle. Coulda been a moment that got them a 2.0 rating.

Hasney

PWinsider said Russo is a consultant, not officially on creative. He must be heavily consulted though.

TNA Creative: So we've got this feud we're building up to for the next event and thought we'd consult you. What do you think we should do?

Russo: Gimmick match

TNA Creative: Why, that's brilliant Mr. Russo. We'll get on that right away!

Browny

Banned
Ah, the old bowling-ball-to-the-nuts spot, never ceases to make me chuckle.

As does Swagger's ability to turn into Gary Busey...

lzVw5OA.png

Kaladin

You guys really need to get the Raw After The Show disc. Some segments are a bit cheesy like the Too Cool / Dudleys / Big Show / E&C dance off, but most segments are just pure fun.

Also, god damn the crowd was hype in that era. They were chanting Bubba and Devon's names when they were getting down in the dance off.....it made that segment better with the crowd being into it.

No commentary on these segments also, which is a plus. You see the moment as it happened live.

Highly recommended set for anyone who is a long term fan.

I'm sorry but Cole, JBL, and King are awful these days. And it's not even just a "I miss J.R." thing because J.R. can't commentate forever, but Cole and King were like a million times better back in the day.

Sorry, I should clarify a bit. Was on my phone. Yes, commentary is important. It can help improve a match and give the wrestlers a better look in the viewers eye. Hell, I've ranted about how much I hate Kevin Kelly and Nigel on ROH. They are just so bland and boring and I think they take away from the match because of it.

Sunny, I love ya but I don't see how that one PPV takes away from what Heenan did his entire career.

Top Bottom