• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Everyone. But when you say jobbed, you could mean job in bed if you just bolieve and do the work of your life.

Taking the L after a valiant effort.

This is the second thread i've seen today that mentioned Springtime Simping. I had never heard of it before but yeah i get it

I said it before, it's the timing of it all. Spring is almost over and now dudes are trying to have at it before classes end. Technically it's every season.

You can also blame that M'Lady Amy Schumer sketch

Vylash

I'm sorry that we're talking about real #CHICKS and not animu pillows.

ibqrBl1zRdJHea.gif

One time I asked this one girl if she wanted to go to this pinball place I just found out about. And now I'm here.

Who else has stories where they jobbed horribly?

Pinball place? Damn, son.

Might as well ask her to go with you to a Dr. Who convention. Then again, if she's the Tumblr going type, she'd probably be more receptive to that than pinball.

strobogo

Banned
You must pick yourself up and try again. The scar tissue will only make you stronger. You're possible, Dr. Duncan. You're probable, Dr. Duncan. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Even if you don't score, you're already a winner in the most important game of all.

Pinball place? Damn, son.

Might as well ask her to go with you to a Dr. Who convention. Then again, if she's the Tumblr going type, she'd probably be more receptive to that than pinball.

Some girl would love to go to a pinball place, but you'll never know until you ask.

I told a girl I wanted to powerbomb her, and as it turned out, she liked wrestling as a kid and I did in fact get to power bomb her. Both the real way and the sex way.

Taking the L after a valiant effort.

I said it before, it's the timing of it all. Spring is almost over and now dudes are trying to have at it before classes end. Technically it's every season.

You can also blame that M'Lady Amy Schumer sketch

Yeah, i feel.

hm, i should start talking to people when i go to class

You must pick yourself up and try again. The scar tissue will only make you stronger. You're possible, Dr. Duncan. You're probable, Dr. Duncan. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Even if you don't score, you're already a winner in the most important game of all.

Some girl would love to go to a pinball place, but you'll never know until you ask.

I told a girl I wanted to powerbomb her, and as it turned out, she liked wrestling as a kid and I did in fact get to power bomb her. Both the real way and the sex way.

MVP of Wrassle-GAF for a reason.

Bionic got too real with the Dr. Who reference. I was cringing so hard at that analogy. Whatever, if Macho could get over Elizabeth, anything's possible.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I went out on a date with someone a while ago and they asked me in person who my favorite companion was and then talked about 11 vs 10 for about 20 minutes. I love Doctor Who, it's probably one of my favorite shows of all time but man, I was not feeling that conversation.

In short, Who fans are the worst

Hasney

One time I asked this one girl if she wanted to go to this pinball place I just found out about. And now I'm here.

Who else has stories where they jobbed horribly?

Wait, pinball place? I'll go. Although admittedly, wearing an nWo shirt will be the closest I'll come to putting out.

I went out on a date with someone a while ago and they asked me in person who my favorite companion was and then talked about 11 vs 10 for about 20 minutes. I love Doctor Who, it's probably one of my favorite shows of all time but man, I was not feeling that conversation.

In short, Who fans are the worst

I once went out with a girl who said James Storm was her favourite wrestler. I got you topped brah.

Sblargh

Banned
So, Brazil doesn't have wrasslin', right? It died in the 70s, never made it out of the territories thingie and even then wasn't really popular outside São Paulo.
Anyway, when I'm explaining to people what are my hobbies are, I say I like "pretend fighting" and they don't know what I'm talking about, so I kind of explain, you know, it's staged, but not really coreographed move by move, there are winners and losers, but they are decided beforehand, and so on.

This one girl asks me more about it, because since I'm watching the Network a bunch, a lot of times she asks "hey, what are you doing" on Whatsapp, my reply is "watching my fake fights". So she asked about it and, to my surprise, I just geeked it out, I gave this oral essay about how it's real, but it's fake, about how it walks the line between reality and fiction, about how it used to rely on patriotism, then on very big steroid guys, then on violence and shock value and now we are at a time where the currency incresingly is how good you can be at the art of fake fighting, I mean, I talked a lot about dudes throwing fake punches at each other, right?

In the end she said "it's so good to hear you talking about something you like so much". Now we're casual sex buddies. Be genuine, be passionate and wait for the right cue to come out of the closet regarding stuff other people say you should be ashamed of liking. Don't force what you love into other people because if they like you and they respect you, they will try to like and respect what you love.

strobogo

Banned
You know, Warrior said that you have to have PASSION, because if you don't have a PASSION about something, even if it is about PASSION, you're wasting your life and the time of people around you. And he's right. No one wants to hang out with someone who has no passion about anything. Even if that passion is in something that person isn't at all interested in, the passion itself is what is attractive.

For a guy as bat shit crazy as he was, dude knew what the fuck was up.

mouserat

Neo Member
my fiance is hugely into wrestling shirts. she watches RAW with me sometimes but mainly just complains that it's sexist, but she loves to wear a wrestling shirt for some reason, the tackier and cheaper the bootleg, the better. she writes for a cutting edge fashion magazine and is constantly hanging out and drinking cocktails in overpriced bars with trendy designers, wearing wrestling shirts. when I try to explain that wearing wrestling shirts in public is for losers and people will judge me, she tells me to sack up and own my hobby because the only thing about it that is losery is being ashamed of it.

so there you have it brothers, from the horses mouth. stand tall, own your love of wrasslin with pride.

Sblargh

Banned
my fiance is hugely into wrestling shirts. she watches RAW with me sometimes but mainly just complains that it's sexist, but she loves to wear a wrestling shirt for some reason, the tackier and cheaper the bootleg, the better. she writes for a cutting edge fashion magazine and is constantly hanging out and drinking cocktails in overpriced bars with trendy designers, wearing wrestling shirts. when I try to explain that wearing wrestling shirts in public is for losers and people will judge me, she tells me to sack up and own my hobby because the only thing about it that is losery is being ashamed of it.

so there you have it brothers, from the horses mouth. stand tall, own your love of wrasslin with pride.

Have you told her Paige is the champion and thus sexism is over?

Sblargh

Banned
Watching the rock Hogan wrestlemania rewind and the wrestling itself is dull as hell, but goddamn those two have the crowd on the palm of their hands.
It weirdly become a good match, the spots are the most basic thing, but every move mean something.
It's all designed to create emotion in the audience and it really works.

Turn Cena heel
lol

But really, Cena could and probably should be a heel at this point. The heel roster is pretty light right now, and there's literally nothing Cena can do that's worth a crap as a face right now especially with Bryan and Shield getting super face pushes. The next wave of heels are all midcard level at best right now.

What John Cena doing that's worth a crap a face is selling 5x the merchandise of the #2 guy, according to Meltzer. So, until that changes, John Cena will always be around, and pinning your Internet heroes.

And then there's the Make a Wish kids... Cena's probably got at least two years left before he'll actually turn.

Wrestling shirts, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing 90% (or higher) of them in public.

Poor D-Bry, just wanted to give him a hug. :( Take your time and get back to us when you're ready bro.

I've been waiting for Cesaro's new music all this time and that is it? :| Generic as shit. I liked his old music better might as well have just used that. They're gonna botch this run aren't they?

lolsickhhhvoice

lolcenavswyattzzzzzzz

Hasney

I think HHH is just taking after his idol Lemmy.

I bet Motorhead won't play the Evolution theme when I see them. Lemmy's probably forgotten he even did it.

Top Bottom