• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Aiii

So not worth it
So, Paige gets stripped of NXT Title because "it's not fair to the NXT girls if the NXT champion travels around the world with their belt" and up next
Natalya
fights for the championship on the next Special Live Event™?

I kinda feel the fans should turn on her and new #1 contender
Tyson
, because this smells like some
Total Divas shilling
instead of training the next generation of talent. But I'd feel bad for the guy, he's been there so long and kind of deserves his moment in the spotlight.

Xater

7RAofb1.jpg

UeJHQcL.jpg

5oQPfT9.jpg

All of them would be greatly improved without anything on the back.

Sblargh

Banned
TJ seems like a broken man who wants nothing more than to be the fuck away from his wife.

After seeing him try his best to look like someone who is happy on NXT, I say he should just vanish, leave a note behind, grab some cash, go somewhere else and start over.

strobogo

Banned
Lambada, can you explain to me why the lariato is not used in MMA? Seems like a total valid strike when dudes are doing Mongolian chops.

CJ Parker selling for The Great Khali was more fun to watch than it had any right to be

and holy shit, there's a second tag team in NXT now

double holy shit, Tye Dillinger and Jason Jordan vs. Sawyer Fulton and Baron Corbin (seriously, these fucking names) was a pretty fun match

Sblargh

Banned
Suddenly, I'm laughing alone just thinking of Total Divas.
Goddamn, this show wants us to believe that Natalya had amazing sex one night and then in the following, she was extra good on the ring, with the rest of the divas watching and going "wow, she is really good".

Just the notion that this is done in a reality show is too much. This is the peak of entertainment, I don't know where we will go from here.

Blatantly scripting a reality show is so pro wrestling.

Sblargh

Banned
Well, I'll say that I don't watch any reality shows, so I don't really know, but damn, if the genre is always like that, wrasslin' should have milked that cow sooner.

I mean, I enjoyed in a worked shoot kind of way, with backstage drama and whatnot; but after that Natalya nose slap whatever episode where people dug into the timeline of the matches and it made no sense at all, it just started to click with me on a whole new level. It's just telling lies right to our faces, I love it.

Sblargh

Banned
Today's match he did some nice submissions and he works well with the ascension, i.e., him escaping the ring to tap one of them is a cool little gimmick to have along with the overconfident violent dudes.

It's like, he is being an asshole and he gets away with it because those two guys are enabling it for their own sadistic purposes. It was a really neat heelish set of things going on there.

At least he's improved. He used to just chop block the thigh and try to pass it off as "working the leg." The fact that he looks like a douche makes him hateable in a good way. and i think he's put on some muscle. We'll see how he carries himself when he's not feuding with the best guy in NXT

I'd watch a Starship Troopers remake if he was cast as Johnny. There's another thing.

1. He looks really good
2. He's not in TNA
3. He can lean like a motherfucker
4. Johnny Rico potential

I'd watch a Starship Troopers remake if he was cast as Johnny. There's another thing.

1. He looks really good
2. He's not in TNA
3. He can lean like a motherfucker
4. Johnny Rico potential

So basically we all like Corey Graves until he steps inside of the ring? "He leans like a motherfucker" is the best worst compliment ever!

"I mean, he may suck as a wrestler, but he sure can lean."
"I hate Corey Graves." "Yeah, but did you see that lean?"

Soul patches are awesome, just so we're clear.

They are not and they never were.

So basically we all like Corey Graves until he steps inside of the ring? "He leans like a motherfucker" is the best worst compliment ever!

"I mean, he may suck as a wrestler, but he sure can lean."
"I hate Corey Graves." "Yeah, but did you see that lean?"

They are not and they never were.

Hey man, sometimes he leans in the corner after doing whatever he's doing in the ring. I think that's rad too. I'd watch Corey Graves lean around looking like that guy from Infamous over anything Bo.

strobogo

Banned
Antonio Inoki's jaw is truly majestic. The jaw line of the gods.

Also, I don't think I've ever seen someone so mentally checked out of his job as Jesse at BATB94. Fucking Hogan.

Top Bottom