• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

May |OT| the phantom menace

tumblr_n4pzeqddUZ1qf3bt7o1_1280.jpg

akg20hy.jpg

gurudyne

Do you pronounce graphics as Giraffe-ics?

Do you pronounce PETA as "pet-aa"? Is NAFTA "nuf-tuh"? Is NATO "nah-tou"? Scuba "scuh-baa"? Laser "laa-seer"? The rules for pronouncing an acronym aren't derived from the acronym's components, but from the language itself, as if the acronym were a word in its own right. The J phonetic is completely valid for a word beginning in "GI".

With Ziggler being depushed, poor Kofi has been pretty much AWOL as well, poor guy.

I don't think there's a guy on the card who signifies "The next twenty minutes are completely irrelevant" like Kofi. He never changes (lol Wildcat), doesn't have any notable feuds under his belt (unless that one time he kicked the Miz in the face counts), does the same moves ad nauseum, beating him means nothing, him getting a title's always just a quick transition to someone with something more interesting going on. The man is just there. More of a piss break maker than the cast of Total Divas.

May Wrasslin |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Sephzilla

Do you pronounce PETA as "pet-aa"? Is NAFTA "nuf-tuh"? Is NATO "nah-tou"? Scuba "scuh-baa"? Laser "laa-seer"? The rules for pronouncing an acronym aren't derived from the acronym's components, but from the language itself, as if the acronym were a word in its own right. The J phonetic is completely valid for a word beginning in "GI".

It's not peanut butter.

It's not jiff.

gurudyne

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/05/15/00/72/0005150072001_500X500.jpg/img][/QUOTE]

Give up your irrational hatred of this pronunciation. It's perfectly acceptable.

Choosy moms choose 'jiff'!

[quote=Infinite Ammo]Something fundamentally wrong.[/quote]

FFS. Creamy peanut butter. This thread sometimes.

Kaladin

May Wrasslin' |FLAT NO-T| #AllRedEverything IsTaking Over

May Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF is Down with the Swirl (except Stro,Aiii, and GFex)

May Wrasslin' |BO-T2| Today's a Gift, that's why it's called the Present

Whoever creates the May thread better pick one these or something someone suggests or you'll have people bitching about how your title sucks.

Marvel

could never
I'll tweak it
for the worse

May Wrasslin' |OT| He's got the whole non-cannon universe in his hands

WrassleGAF is being non-inclusive today as per usual.

Talking about which type of peanut butter is best, when some of us suffer from life-threatening peanut allergies.

I thought I knew you guys ;_;

Aiii

So not worth it
Well, as long as we don't mind actual lies in the thread title. Unless I missed Cena holding the title for five straight years, then sabotaging the next World champ as he was celebrating.

Considering how times have changed and how the one guy is on way more TV than Hogan ever was his gazillion individual title runs are worse than Hogan holding one belt five years.

Sephzilla

Well, as long as we don't mind actual lies in the thread title. Unless I missed Cena holding the title for five straight years, then sabotaging the next World champ as he was celebrating.

Different eras. Hogan had a long title reign in an era that allowed it. Long title reigns have been replaced with multiple title reigns. In Cena's case, 14 world title reigns. Hogan had only 6 in WWE, 12 total if you include his WCW reigns.

At this point, it's more a case of whom held more talent under?

IS this even an argument?

At least Hogan at his worst was entertaining. Cena is just bad.

Yeah. Hogan was at least a character and under the right circumstances the Hulk Up could still be fun. Cena is the wrestling equivalent to cardboard.

This isn't enough for you?]

Cena sold that arm injury like a champ

gurudyne

There's also an argument to be made for Cena overshadowing the title when he doesn't have it. I don't know if the same was true of Hogan, but it's still bad that Punk's year long reign was repeatedly second banana to Cena's aimless feuds, even at WM.

Sephzilla

There's also an argument to be made for Cena overshadowing the title when he doesn't have it. I don't know if the same was true of Hogan, but it's still bad that Punk's year long reign was repeatedly second banana to Cena's aimless feuds, even at WM.

WrestleMania 4 and 8 are the two instances I think of when I think about Hogan over shadowing the championship. When Savage won the belt at WM4 Hogan was out there celebrating with him. Hogan's match against Sid at WM8 went on last while Macho/Flair for the belt was just past midway through the show.

I mean, Cena hasn't pulled anything as awful as WrestleMania 9 (yet).

IS this even an argument?

At least Hogan at his worst was entertaining. Cena is just bad.

Cena's had more awesome matches in the past 18 months than Hogan had during his entire career.

WrestleMania 4 and 8 are the two instances I think of when I think about Hogan over shadowing the championship. When Savage won the belt at WM4 Hogan was out there celebrating with him. Hogan's match against Sid at WM8 went on last while Macho/Flair for the belt was just past midway through the show.

There's also the entire post-match of WM6 where even Hogan admitted he basically f'd over the Warrior during his most important moment.

Hasney

WrassleGAF is being non-inclusive today as per usual.

Talking about which type of peanut butter is best, when some of us suffer from life-threatening peanut allergies.

I thought I knew you guys ;_;

Pfft, man up like your boy Cena and overcome the odds. Get some nuts down your throat.

Also extra crunchy for me. The more nuts the better.

Sephzilla

Cena's had more awesome matches in the past 18 months than Hogan had during his entire career.

I'd disagree only because most of Cena's good matches are him being carried through the match by someone better (Bryan, Punk).

A ** match with a ***** crowd. Give me Cena/Umaga anyday over two guys posing and occasionally remembering their supposed to be in a wrestling match every so often.

This has to be awful gimmick posting. The crowd for that match was god-tier.

Top Bottom