• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

DMczaf

IT'S TWO RINGS
TWO FUCKING RINGS
AT THE SAME TIME

Once we get War Games, you already know the next step in the plan

02b_WW3_1995_0003.jpg

WORLD WAR 3!

BHZ Mayor

I guess the better question is what's with the recent obsession with WarGames, and why are people suddenly acting like it's something that's about to happen?

Rapstah

I guess the better question is what's with the recent obsession with WarGames, and why are people suddenly acting like it's something that's about to happen?

They put out a DVD and two factions happened to sort of main event at the same time. I think that's it.

gurudyne

Don't even know what a WarGames match is, so I looked it up. Elimination Chamber + Survivor Series but single elimination only after everyone's in the ring, and no pinfalls allowed. Sounds awesome.

But why are there two rings? That's just stupid.

Sephzilla

So, you know how WWE now has PPVs named after certain gimmick matches? Imagine if Russo stuck around WWE, we might have an entire PPV of pole matches

miserable

I think the nadir of this era was the elimination chamber at SS '03 where HHH couldn't work, so he gets superkicked by Shawn at the beginning, spends 20 MINUTES selling this and lying on the ground, then buries Goldberg with a Sledgehammer at the end and wins the WWE championship.

yea that match made me a true Triple H hater at that time.
i mean i'm no Goldberg fan, but that match was FAKKIN BOOLSHEET

gurudyne

TNA is workin on this as we speak, bean breath

next up, four rings connected to each other

You can't do four until after you have three arranged in a bunk bed formation. It'll be for a Stairway to Heaven match where eight wrestlers compete in the bottom ring ("Styx"). Once you pin an opponent, they're eliminated and you advance to the second ring. When a second person advances from Styx, the second stage of the match begins and it's a standard match, but more competitors can enter the match from Styx if they qualify. Should a competitor score a pinfall or submission, he/she advances to the final ring, but the loser is not disqualified--he/she remains in the second ring (or "Purgatory") and may pin another competitor to advance. Once one competitor reaches the top ring ("Heaven"), a timer begins counting down from 10 minutes. At the end of the countdown, a ladder slides down from the rafters, granting the competitors access to the title at the top of the arena because--surprise!--it's a ladder match!

The winner is the one who brings the title back down all three rings and into the secret fourth ring beneath the third ring ("Hell").

Thorakai

You can't do four until after you have three arranged in a bunk bed formation. It'll be for a Stairway to Heaven match where eight wrestlers compete in the bottom ring ("Styx"). Once you pin an opponent, they're eliminated and you advance to the second ring. When a second person advances from Styx, the second stage of the match begins and it's a standard match, but more competitors can enter the match from Styx if they qualify. Should a competitor score a pinfall or submission, he/she advances to the final ring, but the loser is not disqualified--he/she remains in the second ring (or "Purgatory") and may pin another competitor to advance. Once one competitor reaches the top ring ("Heaven"), a timer begins counting down from 10 minutes. At the end of the countdown, a ladder slides down from the rafters, granting the competitors access to the title at the top of the arena because--surprise!--it's a ladder match!

The winner is the one who brings the title back down all three rings and into the secret fourth ring beneath the third ring ("Hell").

Yo if TNA knows what is good for them they will make this match a reality before they go under. I'd watch the shit out of this.

Toki767

War Games works better with a modified ruleset using the Elimination Chamber structure.

That's how the Shield vs Wyatts should have been.

The Triple Cage Triumvirate Battle Royale, by Bootaaay;

Three cages, arranged in a triangle formation. Two wrestlers start in each cage, with a further eighteen per-cage to enter in staggered 90 second intervals (so you have someone entering a cage every 30 seconds) until a total of 20 wrestlers are in each cage. At this juncture, pinfalls become valid. When a wrestler scores a pinfall he gets a point and then tries to escape his cage - if he does so, he rotates to the next ring in clockwise order and tries to score a pinfall there. However, if a wrestler is pinned, he has to rotate counter-clockwise and loses a point. The first wrestler to score one pinfall in each ring and earn three points wins the match.

Come on, TNA. Gimmie some money.

Toki767

Why WWE has never done this I have no idea.

It's a pretty simple idea too. Also imagine the new level of psychology you'd have with heels getting heat on a face all while taunting the other faces in the pods knowing that they can't do anything to help for a set amount of time.

This crap writes itself but WWE never seem creative enough to do what makes the most sense.

watching Sacrifice, the tag team match is pretty good but it has that problem that all No DQ tag matches have. why even bother tagging if the ref can't do anything about it

also Edwards busted out a double 'rana and it was dumb

I'll say this about HHH, he's probably better now than any other time he's been since he came back in '02. He's in great shape and is much better in the ring, and he's completely harnessed that McMahon-Hemsley regime 2000-era stature with his internet-aware Mr. McMahon 2.0 persona. The kind of guy who talks about how they own everything in this company and the only reason the crowd has these YES shirts is because they sold 'em, and he's right.

He's like...Ultimate HHH right now. The one with all the good parts, and none of the "pls cheer for me/suck it" DX antics or bloated belly workrate.

grr.gif

But why are there two rings? That's just stupid.

I wish I could find a gif or a decent video but Rey Mysterio Jr spring-boarded off the ropes of one ring to the next set of ropes and jumped off those and did a hurricanrana to Super Calo. Rey Mysterio Jr was phenomenal

Top Bottom