• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

I'll say this about HHH, he's probably better now than any other time he's been since he came back in '02. He's in great shape and is much better in the ring, and he's completely harnessed that McMahon-Hemsley regime 2000-era stature with his internet-aware Mr. McMahon 2.0 persona. The kind of guys who talks about how they own everything in this company and the only reason the crowd has these YES shirts is because they sold 'em, and he's right.

He's like...Ultimate HHH right now. The one with all the good parts, and none of the "pls cheer for me/suck it" DX antics or bloated belly workrate.

To be fair, he's been against some of the greatest in-ring workers for the least several years and he can script himself to be anyway he wants. It sucks, but I can't help but view it that way. He does seem to be finding the kind of character he needs to be though, which is great.

Also, HHH was being a HEEL with that whole shtick about selling the shirts. Yes, the shirts wouldn't be sold if they didn't sell them but the shirts wouldn't exist without the guys, and the guys wouldn't be over and the company wouldn't be in business without the people.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My gimmick match

Sarcophagus of Sacrilege Match

A pyramid is constructed in 2000s WCW and each chamber has a different opponent depending where you end up in the self-contained labyrinth inside. Contestants are on a quest to find the Sarcophagus of Sacrilege where an ancient wrestler appears and lays a curse on the opponent. The REAL challenge is exiting the pyramid with the curse and the championship treasure, as they will be significantly weakened once finding the treasure.

Kevin Sullivan is in the sarcophagus.

Yeah, HHH is amazing right now. I think the part that's working right now is in the end he isn't winning. His 2002 stuff saw him on top way too much.

Also, listening through an old playlist on my phone and the song River Blood popped up. It's from one of my favorite promo videos that was hyping Final Battle in 2010 Steen vs Generico
http://youtu.be/T6hp4X-cVKs

WWE revisionist history tries to make Rock/Hogan the main event of WM18. Which is partially how they justify saying that Hogan was in the main event for 10 WrestleManias when he actually wasn't.

is it bad that I completely forgot about the HHH match at WM18 and thought Rock/Hogan was the main event?

i mean I seriously forgot it was the main event until these posts.

WWE revisionist history worked on me :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, HHH is amazing right now. I think the part that's working right now is in the end he isn't winning. His 2002 stuff saw him on too way too much.

I can't stress this enough. The fact Triple H is not going over anymore is doing amazing things for the people he's putting over. It's fantastic.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bionic-Arrrrrrm is featured on legitshook, I hope Dixie notices the tweet and RTs it.

yeah right

ifGNUD1wPv57E.gif

Evolution is a mystery....

Word has it that the Nature boy is in town for RAW.

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Im glad you guys appreciate WM 18.

I am also glad you can give Hogan some props.

HHH really knows what he is doing. I have so much respect for him.

Aiii

So not worth it
- We noted before that former WCW announcer Tony Schiavone was at WWE headquarters in Stamford earlier this year. It was believed that Schiavone was there to film footage for some of WWE's upcoming WCW DVD's and WrestlingDVDNews.com reports that one of those projects was likely WWE's "OMG! The Top 50 Incidents In WCW History" DVD and Blu-ray that comes out on August 12th. Below is the new synopsis:

"Relive iconic moments such as Hulk Hogan joining the n.W.o., Magnum T.A. and Tully Blanchard’s infamous “I Quit Match”, the Horsemen assaulting Dusty Rhodes and dozens of others in this countdown.

Hear stories from the men who lived these moments…Tony Schiavone, Booker T, Vince Russo, Big Show, DDP, Dusty Rhodes, Kevin Nash and more."

WrestlingDVDNews.com also reports that the following WCW moments are planning to be included in the countdown: Shane McMahon & Vince McMahon appearing on WCW TV, Goldberg beating Hulk Hogan for the title in the Georgia Dome, Dennis Rodman joining the nWo and David Arquette winning the World Heavyweight Title.

I need this.

kiguel182

So, I just messaged someone on OkCupid because she listed Smackdown as a show she watched.

(I needed to share this and what a better place than wrasslgaf?)

alstein

Wish Tony would get promoted from AAA baseball announcing to the Braves (He's currently the AAA announcer for the Braves)

Just imagine what we could do with Dan Uggla and the Greatest Golden Sombreros in the History of Our Sport.

Hasney

Smackdown and not Raw? Either she's not updated her profile since 2006 or she's legit crazy. Get out of there.

Probably get there and sell be like "Well I used to love Thunder, but that show stopped with no explanation"

What i want from Raw...

1. A Ric Flair / Dean Ambrose Promo
  2. A Ric Flair / Dean Ambrose Promo
  3. A Ric Flair / Dean Ambrose Promo
  4. A Ric Flair / Dean Ambrose Promo
  5. A Ric Flair / Dean Ambrose Promo
  6. A Ric Flair / Dean Ambrose Promo

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Alpha Female recently spoke about her past WWE tryout and more. Here are the highlights…

On Working in Japan: I work in Japan for the all female company, Stardom, without a doubt the best female company in Japan and also one of the best in the world I would say, I´m very proud to be able to work with the girls. We have a show every weekend and train at least three times a week. It is very professional and also very though. I would not say it's a typical indy wrestling show as we are very organized, we meet and travel in a tour bus, we are a fixed group under a contract, if we get hurt we get medical help and a monthly pay check, so these are few of the differences between my work in the indies in USA or Europe. The contract in Japan doesn't stop me for signing with any other company, but the offer was just never good enough to leave Japan behind me.

On Working With TNA: I had a TNA tryout a few years ago, but I wasn't good enough, it was a hard but an eye opening experience. I changed my whole gimmick and worked really hard on my look and wrestling and came back on the map when I attend at the TNA fan party. I made some contacts and made sure the TNA officials knew who I am. A few months later they approached me to be a part of the European Gut Check. The head trainer D Lo Brown liked what he saw and put my name forward. They contacted me again and asked me if I want to be a part of the TNA European Tour. I had some time off from my time in Japan so I could take that opportunity, I had a great time on the TNA Tour. Everyone was super nice and I could learn much and make some contacts. Make sure you follow the Alpha Female and see where my path is going… Japan, USA, Europe, I can take the whole world.

On Her WWE Tryout: I had a WWE Tryout in 2012 and I was full of hope as the officials like Drew McDonald and William Regal seems to like me, but unfortunately I never heard back from them. I have my own idea why they don´t want to work with me. I think I'm not Diva material, been way too long in the business and simply not what they looking for. I´m okay with that as I´m still able to step in the ring and pay my bills. Sure it's a dream of mine to work for them, still hoping, but if this is something that never will happen I'm okay with that too, it might not be in my destiny, who knows.

Wish Tony would get promoted from AAA baseball announcing to the Braves (He's currently the AAA announcer for the Braves)

Just imagine what we could do with Dan Uggla and the Greatest Golden Sombreros in the History of Our Sport.

Tony Schiavone calling BJ Upton's various failures would be definitely put butts in the seats.

If only they could put Schiavone and Okerlund in Legends House together to hash our their beef (if only because Heenan can't anymore).

This whole Doge Coin NASCAR thing is as good a time as any to bring back Thurman "Sparky" Plugg.

I never got why they put the nickname in the middle, thereby ruining a perfectly good acronym to go along with Henry O. Godwinn and and Phineas I. Godwinn.

This whole Doge Coin NASCAR thing is as good a time as any to bring back Thurman "Sparky" Plugg.

I never got why they put the nickname in the middle, thereby ruining a perfectly good acronym to go along with Henry O. Godwinn and and Phineas I. Godwinn.

Bring back Duke the Dumpster Droese!

[IMG said:
http://asset3.neogaf.com/forum/image.php?u=406069&dateline=1392707003[/IMG]]Bring back Duke the Dumpster Droese!

[URL="http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/sep/19/mcminnville-teacher-retired-wrestler-indicted/" said:
TimesFreePress.com[/URL]]...Droese illegally sold pain medication to a police informant, and on Friday a grand jury indicted him on three counts of delivery of a controlled substance.

Not sure he can make the bookings.

tm24

Oh man, huge lucha news. Averno has officially left CMLL and is probably going to AAA to make sure SIn Cara isn't another bust. He's leaving on good terms which is rare in lucha. But yeah, huge get for AAA

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stop this, it is getting tiresome real fast. If you hate me this much, GAF has an ignore list you can use.

Aiii please tell me you aren't taking this seriously

THIN SKINNNNNN

Zach

WarGames should definitely make a return. Bryan and The Shield vs. Evolution or whatever could be great. I guess Evolution would have to include Kane, though. Flair could manage from the outside, though, and really get a rise out of the crowd with crazy antics.

Top Bottom