• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fritz had a fucking vision though. Posters, commercials, yacht parties with Kerry. Guy knew how to market them handsome kids of his, for better or worse.

Rapstah

Also, speaking of camel clutches, the other day I found out the you can cheese the shit out of Iron Man matches in WWE 2K14 if you have submissions turned on. After a certain point it becomes pretty much impossible to fight out of even the most basic of Breaking Point submissions, so if you have one, you can just keep spamming it and racking up points.

Speaking of cheesing matches in Yuke's wrestling games, I was playing Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 the other day as part of my journey through that series to find out where it all went wrong, and ladder matches are just hilarious in that game. Once someone gets on a ladder and starts tugging on the briefcase, there's a visible meter to all players that starts emptying. It takes a full minute of tugging from anyone for the person tugging to win the match. This means the fastest way to win a ladder match is to immediately leave the ring, wait for the AI to tug 95% of the meter, then run into the ring, start climbing the ladder (the AI stops tugging the second you start climbing the ladder, despite being able to tug the entire time) and then punch your opponent off the ladder (you will always beat the AI in punch battles on top of the ladder because the AI doesn't punch as fast as it can) and then tug the last few seconds.

kiguel182

That Kane segment was so bad. Why are they still using him? I would rather have Corporate Kane and have it be a little grounded instead of this whole "demon" thing. So bad.

Serious Bryan is great but that's where the good things end, what a fuck up.

bjork

Ladder vs dog is the best match I've seen in forever. If there is a DVD set of all matches involving that title, I need to own it.

What the hell's up with Evan Bourne? Are they trying to run-down his contract, rather than release him? He hasn't had a proper match since 2012 (although did have at least one match on an NXT house show early last year).

Ladder vs dog is the best match I've seen in forever. If there is a DVD set of all matches involving that title, I need to own it.

I'd love a DVD set of the Extreme Heavymetalweight Championship, but with 1001 champions, that's a hell of a lot of matches!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What the hell's up with Evan Bourne? Are they trying to run-down his contract, rather than release him? He hasn't had a proper match since 2012 (although did have at least one match on an NXT house show early last year).

I honestly have no clue. They may still be doing what some people are considering the norm of waiting out contracts for people because he's a liability with drug testing. That's the only real reason I can think of that they'd let him grow old when he could be excelling.

He is trying

ySzGZN2.png

:/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't argue that. That's billed height, too. Bourne is probably 5'6".

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like how during the KC Wrestling's Crappy Gimmicks video Sunny somehow finds a way to use the Red Rooster segment as an excuse to make it about her and Chris.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's cute that Ric Flair thinks he invented hardcore matches with Terry when Terry Funk's dad and Fritz were having German death matches when Flair was still learning how to run the ropes.

I'm planning on going to Extreme Rules on Sunday, I haven't been to a wrestling event in forever but I figure since it's in the area and the storylines seem interesting now, that I'd give it a shot. Where are usually the best places to sit?

Carnby

According to the official WWE Network FAQ, the following programming will be added in 2014:

In-Ring
WWE Tribute to the Troops 2014

Originals
The Monday Night War
WWE Total Divas
WWE Rivalries

Vault
WCW Clash of the Champions
WWE Saturday Morning Slam
Rock n' Wrestling (tentative)
WWE Saturday Night's Main Event
WCW Nitro
Vault Specials

Guys...

strobogo

Banned
they threw away the key
left inside a caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage
all alone for eternity
a jew made of booze and raaaaaaaaaaage

better?

There isn't much rage. There is definitely melancholy and infinite sadness, though. I don't know that song. I'm going to guess it is either Korn, Papa Roach, or Sixx AM.

According to the official WWE Network FAQ, the following programming will be added in 2014:

In-Ring
WWE Tribute to the Troops 2014

Originals
The Monday Night War
WWE Total Divas
WWE Rivalries

Vault
WCW Clash of the Champions
WWE Saturday Morning Slam
Rock n' Wrestling (tentative)
WWE Saturday Night's Main Event
WCW Nitro
Vault Specials

Guys ...

Nose Master

Pretty awful RAW. Cena goes from legit creeped out by that awkward kids choir to everyday Cena in like 30 minutes. I wish they'd stop with the heel turn trolling, too. Even if it happened, he'd still be Cena. He wouldn't be any less shitty as a heel.

Top Bottom