• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

lXtjAa0.png

What?

Think of all those memorable matches and title defenses at PPV's this past year.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I just had a funny dream. Goldberg was giving an interview with the IC title and he punched the hell out of a new midget that tossed it on the ground out of disrepect. Then I found out WWE could censor DVR recordings. They deleted the whole incident.

Browny

Banned
I just had a funny dream. Goldberg was giving an interview with the IC title and he punched the hell out of a new midget that tossed it on the ground out of disrepect. Then I found out WWE could censor DVR recordings. They deleted the whole incident.

It wasn't a dream...

Inceptionberg

strobogo

Banned
Over in DDT today the Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title became the 1000th Iron Man Heavymetalweight champion. How very fitting. Then Jun Akiyama had to spoil it all by beating the title to win the title at the very end of the show.

The belt itself became the holder of itself?

alstein

https://twitter.com/SmithHart1/status/460941194131148800

"David Benoit (Chris Benoit's son) will make his in ring debut on July 18th in Calgary for Hart Legacy Wrestling tagging with Chavo Guerrero"

Yeah, deadlift superplex - this has to be considered deadlift, though;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0-Ebx7XkJk

I'm pretty sure that's the wrassle move people first started applying 'deadlift' to.

Kinda concerned we might have a Chris/Mike Von Erich situation here, wasn't he mentally challenged/stunted growth- I remember hearing some horror stories about Benoit trying to stuff his kid full of steroids to counter this.

Thorakai

Today is a gift, that is why they call it the present. I hope you all bolieve in yourselves this fine morning and hatch that egg into a beautiful bird.

strobogo

Banned
Kinda concerned we might have a Chris/Mike Von Erich situation here, wasn't he mentally challenged/stunted growth- I remember hearing some horror stories about Benoit trying to stuff his kid full of steroids to counter this.

Those were rumors about Daniel Benoit, not David. And were untrue.

Carnby

My 2.5 year old son really got into wrestling after seeing WM30. Now he likes to wrestle with me. Unbeknownst to him, he came up with his own gimmick. He puts a blanket over his head and calls himself Ghost Wrestler. And then I body slam him. lol.

Marvel

could never
It was a terrible Raw, I feel a little pissed that I wasted some of my download bandwidth limit trying to finish the rest I missed.

Watching Total Divas. Cameron is so damn annoying. #TwerkingSandra Maggle. Siding with Nattie so far on this sister situation. Valerie seems worse than Nattie.

I'm in Osaka guys!

And I've already gotten lost, missed a train, gotten attacked by a turnstyle and accosted by people thinking I'm Japanese, and that was just on the way to the hotel!

Downhome

I'm sure this was posted a while back but I just found it and it's too good not to post again if already posted. One of the best gifs I've ever seen...

tumblr_n4o19zhq2n1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

njean777

Watching raw now and holy shit cena needs to turn heel, the boos are getting to loud. They need to do something with this character. It's time wwe, turn him.

Rapstah

Watching raw now and holy shit cena needs to turn heel, the boos are getting to loud. They need to do something with this character. It's time wwe, turn him.

While I don't think they will, it's a weird storyline to do. Cena can't win in the end because people are never going to stop booing him. They can't act like Cena won and got his fans back and now everyone loves Cena just like before this feud started in January 2014 if he's actually going to be booed while that's happening. I guess unless they keep him on Smackdown for a year and fake the reactions.

This is a great reaction .gif but I don't know what reaction it represents.

Bray.gif

njean777

I think if they would actually turn him he could come back and and turn face eventually and everybody will like him again. It is just getting weird with cena now, either give him a break for 6 months or so after he loses to Wyatt and make it seem like he is going through mental problems, or turn him heel for 6-months or so and make him hated like they did with Austin. They turned Rock heel for a year or so and it worked out fine, at this point the merch and children are getting in the way of creative stories that could be made about Cena.

I like Cena and am happy he has gone to the mid-card for now and is helping the Wyatt's gain relevance, but man the boos are just deafiining now.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B
Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C
WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C
WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+
WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-
Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
WrestleMania IV - C
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Survivor Series '88 - D
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B
Royal Rumble '89 - F
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+
Royal Rumble '90 - D+
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-
Royal Rumble '91 - D+
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-

Impressive debuts by Scott Hall and Kevin Nash...

Ravager61

I was at Raw last night. Kinda pissed to have paid for such a shitty show. The Wyatt segment was pretty awesome though and I popped pretty hard for Flair.

Dark match after was Wyatt/Cena. Pretty much a recreation of the WM match that just went through all the usual spots. Ended in a disqualification due to interference from the Rowan and Harper.

Will probably be the last Raw I go to for a while.

Oh, and I tried to sing the John Cena suuuucks song during his intro but no one else was into it. Idiots.

Cena loses to Wyatt, the fans cheer and Cena leaves Extreme Rules more disheartened than ever. He keeps cutting promos over the following weeks, disillusioned with his Cenation, questioning exactly when he lost them. Eventually, he gets angry at them, wondering why he bothered to give all that he has over the years for people who have so easily turned on him. It looks like a heel turn is imminent, but then Bo Dallas debuts. A charismatic motivational speaker who makes Cena bolieve again and sets him back on course for his destiny: reclaiming the WWE World Heavyweight Title. By returning Cena to his former glory, by making him once again impervious to the fan's hatred, Bo Dallas becomes the most despised 'heel' in the WWE.

Striker

Cody Rhodes
He's probably been the best one in recent memory. For match material, Rey and Jericho were really fun to watch in the late 00's. But really, it's been flat.

Barrett is better off without getting the title, unless they plan on getting into proper storylines and getting feuds on a consistent basis.

BHZ Mayor

If you hadn't have typed it, I wouldn't have bolieved you... but having read the history:

You forgot the poster, elementary school boy and monkey...

ladder 2003/01/31 Tokyo
Not a wrestler (not even a human); falls on Sakai during a match against Mikami; referee counts the fall.

I like this.

Here's a clip of Ladder losing the title;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAn4xWV5jJE

While I'm sad for the ladder, I think the title went to good hands.

Damn, WWE totally needs a 24/7 title. It's the greatest idea in the history of our sport.

And the entire set of ingredients for a curry. The title lineage went Desk (fell on top of previous champion) -> Dish -> Rice -> Curry -> Meat -> Guy who ate the meal. This all happened while the ref was waiting to use the restroom next door.

It would have been hilarious if the Hardcore Title segments would have gone to this level of crazy.

Top Bottom