• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fave Five time, it's been a while friends!

5. Terry Gordy
4. Triple H
3. Kota Ibushi
2. Shinsuke Nakamura
1. Bateaster

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Like of all time? I dunno

5. Jake The Snake? Earthquake? idk
4. Owen Hart
3. Rick Rude
2. Andre The Giant
1. Bruiser Brody

Vylash

5. Terry Gordy
4. Triple H
3. Kota Ibushi
2. Shinsuke Nakamura
1. Bateaster

ifGNUD1wPv57E.gif

Raw Viewership for 4/28:

hour 1: 4.512
hour 2: 4.667
hour 3: 4.652

Avg: 4.610

Wow a big bounce back. Up 500,000 from last week. Crappy basketball games plus Daniel Bryan being back helps.

Third hour was actually the highest rated cable hour of the night. That's really good. Bryan being back helped a ton, as did the Evo/Shield angle of course.

5. Terry Gordy
4. Triple H
3. Kota Ibushi
2. Shinsuke Nakamura
1. Bateaster

I want a legit explanation for this now. Was it because he's such a trooper for tapping at Mania? I can see that, but number 1?! Alright man.

Now

5. Shinsuke Nakamura
4. Dean Ambrose
3. Cesaro
2. Seth Rollins
1. Daniel Bryan

GOAT

5. Macho
4. Flair
3. Bret
2. Bryan
1. Shawn Michaels

The "fuck, i totally forgot these 5 guys": Angle, Brock, Taker, Low Ki, KENTA

strobogo

Banned
FAVE FIVE

5. Dean Ambrose
4. Seth Rollins
3. Cesaro
2. Daniel Bryan
1. HHH

HHH is the best thing in wrasslin right now. He stands tall.

iHGVJb35ylVZa.gif

Current;

1. Shinsuke Nakamura
2. Tetsuya Naito
3. Tomohiro Ishii
4. Rampage Brown
5. Ricochet

All time;

1. Stan Hansen
2. Jumbo Tsuruta
3. Genichiro Tenryu
4. Terry Funk
5. Yoshiaki Fujiwara

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I want a legit explanation for this now. Was it because he's such a trooper for tapping at Mania? I can see that, but number 1?! Alright man.

Now

5. Shinsuke Nakamura
4. Dean Ambrose
3. Cesaro
2. Seth Rollins
1. Daniel Bryan

GOAT

5. Macho
4. Flair
3. Bret
2. Bryan
1. Shawn Michaels

The "fuck, i totally forgot these 5 guys": Angle, Brock, Taker, Low Ki, KENTA

Batista doing the job he needed to do + suits + ability = #1

EDIT: Naito's REALLY been growing on me lately, I watched that match from earlier this year with Naito vs Ishii and man, I love that. Then I watched Nak vs Ibushi from the G1 Climax and was reminded which match was better :p

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Triple H and the entire Evolution angle is great for the Shield to cut their teeth on. I'm really looking forward to how they work this all out, it's a heck of a rub and you can tell they're all working on putting the Shield over in some way or helping break them out.

Fuck I totally forgot Punk also.

GOAT 5 Revision

5.Punk
4.Flair
3.Bret
2.Bryan
1.Michaels

Batista doing the job he needed to do + suits + ability = #1

EDIT: Naito's REALLY been growing on me lately, I watched that match from earlier this year with Naito vs Ishii and man, I love that. Then I watched Nak vs Ibushi from the G1 Climax and was reminded which match was better :p

Forgive my demanding nature but, ability?! how to pull off the heat magnet that he is? I guess.

Welcome to the Stardust side, Boootaaaay. Pick up your weird facemask at the valet.

He's really had a great start to the year, very hard to deny that. The two NEVER title matches with Ishii and the Okada match would all rank in my top 10 for the year so far and he's also been involved in some awesome multi-man matches with the other heavy hitters of New Japan. Honestly, I'm glad to see he's turning things around.

strobogo

Banned
Triple H and the entire Evolution angle is great for the Shield to cut their teeth on. I'm really looking forward to how they work this all out, it's a heck of a rub and you can tell they're all working on putting the Shield over in some way or helping break them out.

It'd be a much better rub if Bateaster wasn't whatever it is he is now. He's been doing a full schedule since the end of January. It is now the end of April. He still is getting blown up during PROMOS.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Current Extreme Rules Card - tell me what you feel as far as interest goes for the show:

WWE World Heavyweight Championship:
- Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Kane NEGATIVE INTEREST

Faction vs. Faction:
- Evolution vs. The Shield HIGH INTEREST

WWE Intercontinental Championship:
- Big E. (c) vs. Rob Van Dam or Bad News Barrett SOLID INTEREST

WWE Divas Championship:
- Paige (c) vs. Tamina Snuka MILD INTEREST

Steel Cage Match:
- John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt LOW INTEREST

Handicap Match:
- Alexander Rusev vs. R-Truth & Xavier Woods LOW INTEREST

Pre-Show "WeeLC Match":
- Hornswoggle vs. El Torito MILD INTEREST

Rumored:
- Rob Van Dam vs. Cesaro vs. Jack Swagger or Rob Van Dam vs. Jack Swagger NEGATIVE INTEREST

I'm not interested in Kane vs Bryan because it isn't GOING anywhere. I don't want to see Rusev vs Truth and Woods because I feel like I've seen it enough already. I have solid interest in Bang Nude Barruh vs Biggy, because BNB is going to get his goddamn title he deserves. I'm highly interested in Shield vs Evolution to see how this shapes up. Good stuff. Paige vs Tamina should be ok, but I'd much rather see Paige defending against someone else, I guess. Feels like I've seen it before.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It'd be a much better rub if Bateaster wasn't whatever it is he is now. He's been doing a full schedule since the end of January. It is now the end of April. He still is getting blown up during PROMOS.

He always has, though. Same ol' Bateaster.

DMczaf

Cena/Wyatt feels like Wyatt was booked to win at WM, but Vince at the last minute got scared and wanted to send the kids home happy. So Cena wins, but they decide to stick with the plan as if Wyatt won. Nothing about this booking makes me believe Cena won at WM.

Marvel

could never
I only want to see Evolution vs Shield... so yeah not getting or staying hyped for Xtreme Rules.

Don't need to see Bray/Cena again ffs, though Bray better fucking win this time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Court Bauer said there'll be exclusive limited merch for NJPW/RoH shows. FallingEdge BathroomLee and all the others, bring those wallets stacked fat. Might be a challenge for Bronson.

Must pray to the wrestling gods that Kane and Bryan feud doesn't continue. If it does, just please just explore the history of those two and TWO ONLY. Have Stephanie be with Evo, maybe a romance angle with Reigns or Titty Master, anything but Bryan.

Recognizing Cena's God given talents is the sign of a true student of the business. People that can't see it become angry and result to name calling like "gimmick poster" or "alt acct" to save face.

I'm sick of people here throwing out terms like, "work rate", "bury", and "push" as though they have the slightest clue what they're talking about. Your $10 Observer subscription doesn't mean horse dung to me. A fool and his money are soon parted.

z6NA40J.gif

All is well in the world.

Current Extreme Rules Card

Faction vs. Faction:

- Big E. (c) vs. Bad News Barrett MILD INTEREST

WWE Divas Championship:
- Paige (c) vs. Tamina Snuka NEGATIVE INTEREST

Steel Cage Match:
- John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt MILD INTEREST

Handicap Match:
- Alexander Rusev vs. R-Truth & Xavier Woods NEGATIVE INTEREST

Pre-Show "WeeLC Match":

- Rob Van Dam vs. Cesaro vs. Jack Swagger NEGATIVE Interest, would be mild for Cesaro V Swagger

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Must pray to the wrestling gods that Kane and Bryan feud doesn't continue. If it does, just please just explore the history of those two and TWO ONLY. Have Stephanie be with Evo, maybe a romance angle with Reigns or Titty Master, ANYTHING.

Steph should be the fourth member of Evolution. That'd be perfect. I want them to have a year-long reign of terror, old-school heel style. I know Triple H understands that kind of thing. Batista will follow suit and Orton can learn. Just a reign of goddamn terror, then they go out in a blaze of glory.

Current Extreme Rules Card - tell me what you feel as far as interest goes for the show:

Faction vs. Faction:

- Big E. (c) vs. Rob Van Dam or Bad News Barrett SOLID INTEREST

WWE Divas Championship:
- Paige (c) vs. Tamina Snuka MILD INTEREST

Steel Cage Match:
- John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt LOW INTEREST

Handicap Match:
- Alexander Rusev vs. R-Truth & Xavier Woods LOW INTEREST

Pre-Show "WeeLC Match":

Rumored:
- Rob Van Dam vs. Cesaro vs. Jack Swagger or Rob Van Dam vs. Jack Swagger NEGATIVE INTEREST

I'm not interested in Kane vs Bryan because it isn't GOING anywhere. I don't want to see Rusev vs Truth and Woods because I feel like I've seen it enough already. I have solid interest in Bang Nude Barruh vs Biggy, because BNB is going to get his goddamn title he deserves. I'm highly interested in Shield vs Evolution to see how this shapes up. Good stuff. Paige vs Tamina should be ok, but I'd much rather see Paige defending against someone else, I guess. Feels like I've seen it before.

WeeLC deserves more than a mild!

They bungled Cesaro in record time, def negative interest if he's facing RDV and Swagger... he might as well have a feud with the Big Show.

somedevil

Must pray to the wrestling gods that Kane and Bryan feud doesn't continue. If it does, just please just explore the history of those two and TWO ONLY. Have Stephanie be with Evo, maybe a romance angle with Reigns or Titty Master, ANYTHING.

They better turn Sheamus because he is doing nothing right now. He is not on the pay per view.

Marvel

could never
International Flavor Flave Fave Five

1. Ultimo Dragon
2. Tajiri
3. Mistico
4. Rey Jr (WCW days)
5. Taka Michinoku

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Current Extreme Rules Card

Faction vs. Faction:

- Big E. (c) vs. Bad News Barrett MILD INTEREST

WWE Divas Championship:
- Paige (c) vs. Tamina Snuka NEGATIVE INTEREST

Steel Cage Match:
- John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt MILD INTEREST

Handicap Match:
- Alexander Rusev vs. R-Truth & Xavier Woods NEGATIVE INTEREST

Pre-Show "WeeLC Match":

- Rob Van Dam vs. Cesaro vs. Jack Swagger NEGATIVE Interest, would be mild for Cesaro V Swagger

It's a shame that one month after Mania, nobody really wants to see the main event with Bryan.

I know I said the chase is better than the catch but this is unusually shitty. And I even really like Kane.

Kane's story would be so much better if they focused the feud over their breakup from Hell No, or who knows what.

DMczaf

It's a shame that one month after Mania, nobody really wants to see the main event with Bryan.

I know I said the chase is better than the catch but this is unusually shitty. And I even really like Kane.

Kane's story would be so much better if they focused the feud over their breakup from Hell No, or who knows what.

The "Kane is pure evil!" Storyline must be in an "Incase of emergency, break glass" in the writers room. They always go to it when they run out of ideas, and it's always shit.

We all talk about Sandow getting buried, but man, Titus somehow got an even shorter end of the stick last night.

Going down in just 1 brogue kick after beating the shit out of Sheamus for a few minutes :lol

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The "Kane is pure evil!" Storyline must be in an "Incase of emergency, break glass" in the writers room. They always go to it when they run out of ideas, and it's always shit.

And bless his heart, Kane goes all out and does the best he can with what he's being given. It's a shame that Taker's last match wasn't against Kane, and they're trotting him out for this because they don't have anything obvious.

Fuck. Bryan's gotta escape this forming vortex...

strobogo

Banned
He always has, though. Same ol' Bateaster.

At least then he had so much majesty and striations. Now he looks sawft and like he sees Cortney Cox's doctor.

Fuck this Kane angle. Awful, awful idea for that to be Bryan's first feud after WM. Almost the worst possible direction they could have gone that didn't involve Big Show.

Vylash

We all talk about Sandow getting buried, but man, Titus somehow got an even shorter end of the stick last night.

Going down in just 1 brogue kick after beating the shit out of Sheamus for a few minutes :lol

Titus at least got offense in, when was the last time you can remember Sandow getting offense in?

Extrme WHAT

Wrestling Dontaku- 2014

loool Wes Brisco

Kazuchika Okada vs. A.J. Styles for the IWGP Title
*Kazushi Sakuraba & Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Daniel & Rolles Gracie
*Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tetsuya Naito & Togi Makabe & Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows & Bad Luck Fale & Tama Tonga
*Tomohiro Ishii vs. Tomoaki Honma for the Never Title
*Kota Ibushi vs. Ryusuke Taguchi for the IWGP junior heavyweight title
*Katsuyori Shibata & Hirooki Goto vs. Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi
*Satoshi Kojima vs. Wes Brisco for the NWA Title
*Minoru Suzuki & Shelton Benjamin vs. Takashi Iizuka & Toru Yano
*The Young Bucks vs. Forever Hooligans for the IWGP junior heavyweight tag titles
*Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Tiger Mask & Yohei Kamatsu vs. El Desperado & Mascara Dorada & Captain New

And bless his heart, Kane goes all out and does the best he can with what he's being given. It's a shame that Taker's last match wasn't against Kane, and they're trotting him out for this because they don't have anything obvious.

Fuck. Bryan's gotta escape this forming vortex...

isn't that what you want breh??? All jokes aside, they are in serious risk in making his title reign Benoit/Punk 2.0. I know Bryan has had personal issues in the midst of his title reign but they need something. I hate to say it but Eric Young is looking to be a better champion than Bryan at this very moment.

Anyway, How are AJ Styles' chances at the G1 if he isn't getting the strap come ROH Invasion (pray)

Top Bottom