• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Total Divas isn't even on the Network currently. Why the hell does it have an achievement?

its coming
According to the official WWE Network FAQ, the following programming will be added in 2014:

In-Ring:
WWE Tribute to the Troops 2014

Originals:
The Monday Night War
WWE Total Divas
WWE Rivalries

Vault:
WCW Clash of the Champions
WWE Saturday Morning Slam
Rock n' Wrestling (tentative)
WWE Saturday Night's Main Event
WCW Nitro
Vault Specials

DMczaf

To me, the problem with heels and faces is the problem of good guys vs bad guys. They definetly should book based people we want to see winning versus people we want to see losing. And the good guy, bad guy thing should exist as just another tool to create that.

But like, Sheamus doesn't need to become an angry cheater who is evil to "turn". All he needs to do is say to Bryan that he stole the belt in 18 seconds once and he can do it again. People like Bryan and don't want to see him losing the belt, people like Sheamus, but less, and don't want to see him with the title. Also because Sheamus isn't "evil", there's good reason to believe that he might actually win the title, because why not? He is the kind of guy that could do it.

Basically, the only true faces are the people who get cheered no matter what, for whatever reason the marks (us) are marking out for that character, at the moment. Put them against people who also gets cheered, but less, who could very possibly win the title, and there you go.

I don't understand this good guy vs good guy is bad booking. People we care vs People we care seems like a good idea to me.

It has been said that anything can happen here in the World Wrestling Federation, but now more than ever truer words have never been spoken. This is a conscious effort on our part to open the creative envelope, so to speak, in order to entertain you in a more contemporary manner. Even though we call ourselves "Sports Entertainment" because of the athleticism involved, the keyword in that phrase is "Entertainment". The WWF extends far beyond the strict confines of sports presentation into the wide open environment of broad based entertainment. We borrow from such programs niches like soap-operas like "The Days Of Our Lives" or music videos such as those on MTV, Daytime talk-shows like "Jerry Springer" and others, cartoons like "The King Of The Hill" on FOX, Sitcoms like "Seinfeld" and other widely accepted forms of television entertainment.

We in the WWF think that you, the audience, are quite frankly tired of having your intelligence insulted. We also think that you're tired of the same old simplistic theory of "Good Guys vs. Bad Guys". Surely the era of the super-hero urge you to say your prayers and take your vitamins is definitely passé. Therefore, we've embarked on a far more innovative and contemporary creative campaign, that is far more invigorating and extemporaneous than ever before. However, due to the live nature of "RAW" and the "War Zone", we encourage some degree of parental discretion, as relates to the younger audience allowed to stay up late. Other WWF programs on USA, such as the "Saturday Morning Live Wire" and "Sunday Morning Superstars", where there's a 40% increase in the younger audience obviously, however, need no such discretion.

We are responsible television producers who work hard to bring you this outrageous, wacky, wonderful world known as the WWF. Through some 50 years the World Wrestling Federation has been an entertainment main-stay here in North America and all over the world. One of the reasons for that longevity is: As the times have changed, so have we. I'm happy to say that this new vibrate, creative direction has resulted in a huge increase in television viewership, for which we thank the USA Network and TSN for allowing us to have the creative freedom. But most especially, we would like to thank you for watching. RAW and the War Zone are definitely the cure for the common show.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I don't care what you guys say, the feud with Kane has been going fine. It's only been two weeks, they've made Kane look credible and he'll actually put Bryan over.

Besides, it's better than the cheap WM main event rematch that they tend to do at the next PPV, and I'd still rather watch him go after Kane than face Orton or Batista.

Ryback/Bryan could probably be all right. It requires a three or four month build for Ryback's sake though.

SEE! this I can get behind.

Have Triple H say, "I am getting sick of your crap you little twerp, from here on out every match you're in, IS FOR THE TITLE and your first match is now. *plays Alberto Del Rio music*"

Make this every week with your heel jobbers like Sandow, Fandoodle, Titus, Ziggler (?), Axel, Ryback, one of the Usos anyone who is granted a title shot and a chance to showcase their talents against Bryan (your champion) on television in 10 maybe 20 minute matches depending on the person and for Bryan's sake. Make it a bounty on his head. We get wrestling that we care about no matter how we would brush off that Bryan will win. And maybe have shenanigans weekly with Trips and Evo every match for laughs.

Is there even a stipulation? I kinda hope that match is first to get it over with.

It's an Extreme Rules match, so I'd hope we'll see weapons!

SEE! this I can get behind.

Have Triple H say, "I am getting sick of your crap you little twerp, from here on out every match you're in, IS FOR THE TITLE and your first match is now. *plays Alberto Del Rio music*"

Make this every week with your heel jobbers like Sandow, Fandoodle, Titus, Ziggler (?), Axel, Ryback, one of the Usos anyone who is granted a title shot and a chance to showcase their talents against Bryan (your champion) on television in 10 maybe 20 minute matches depending on the person and for Bryan's sake. Make it a bounty on his head. We get wrestling that we care about no matter how we would brush off that Bryan will win. And maybe have shenanigans weekly with Trips and Evo every match for laughs.

Well, part of the problem is that Bryan has been basically not in the picture outside of this past week. Hopefully things are in better order after ER.

strobogo

Banned
WWE.com photographer is so creative when it comes to the womenfolk poses

aj_1_full_20130815.png
aksana_1_full_20131021.png
aliciafox_1_full_20140404.png
briebella_1_full_20140317.png
cameron_1_full_20140113.png
emma_1_full_20140214.png
evamarie_1_full_20140317.png
layla_1_full_20130808.png
lilian_1_full.png
nikkibella_1_full_20140317.png
paige_1_full_20140411.png
reneeyoung_1_full_20130417.png
rosamendez_1_full_20131120.png
summerrae_1_full_20130508.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You're shifting too much of the blame on the photographer. Just about every heel/'cocky' diva does HANDS ON HIPS when they walk out.

It has been said that anything can happen here in the World Wrestling Federation, but now more than ever truer words have never been spoken. This is a conscious effort on our part to open the creative envelope, so to speak, in order to entertain you in a more contemporary manner. Even though we call ourselves "Sports Entertainment" because of the athleticism involved, the keyword in that phrase is "Entertainment". The WWF extends far beyond the strict confines of sports presentation into the wide open environment of broad based entertainment. We borrow from such programs niches like soap-operas like "The Days Of Our Lives" or music videos such as those on MTV, Daytime talk-shows like "Jerry Springer" and others, cartoons like "The King Of The Hill" on FOX, Sitcoms like "Seinfeld" and other widely accepted forms of television entertainment.

We in the WWF think that you, the audience, are quite frankly tired of having your intelligence insulted. We also think that you're tired of the same old simplistic theory of "Good Guys vs. Bad Guys". Surely the era of the super-hero urge you to say your prayers and take your vitamins is definitely passé. Therefore, we've embarked on a far more innovative and contemporary creative campaign, that is far more invigorating and extemporaneous than ever before. However, due to the live nature of "RAW" and the "War Zone", we encourage some degree of parental discretion, as relates to the younger audience allowed to stay up late. Other WWF programs on USA, such as the "Saturday Morning Live Wire" and "Sunday Morning Superstars", where there's a 40% increase in the younger audience obviously, however, need no such discretion.

We are responsible television producers who work hard to bring you this outrageous, wacky, wonderful world known as the WWF. Through some 50 years the World Wrestling Federation has been an entertainment main-stay here in North America and all over the world. One of the reasons for that longevity is: As the times have changed, so have we. I'm happy to say that this new vibrate, creative direction has resulted in a huge increase in television viewership, for which we thank the USA Network and TSN for allowing us to have the creative freedom. But most especially, we would like to thank you for watching. RAW and the War Zone are definitely the cure for the common show.

This would've been a great opportunity to slip in the lyrics of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

BHZ Mayor

It's a shame that one month after Mania, nobody really wants to see the main event with Bryan.

I know I said the chase is better than the catch but this is unusually shitty. And I even really like Kane.

Kane's story would be so much better if they focused the feud over their breakup from Hell No, or who knows what.

Sooooo much this.

I don't care what you guys say, the feud with Kane has been going fine. It's only been two weeks, they've made Kane look credible and he'll actually put Bryan over.

Besides, it's better than the cheap WM main event rematch that they tend to do at the next PPV, and I'd still rather watch him go after Kane than face Orton or Batista.

07-minister.jpg

strobogo

Banned
How does Kane go from being part of a team that got straight squashed at WM to the number one contender in a month when he's had I believe one match in the last month and it was a no contest?

Rapstah

The Luger/Yokozuna finish at WM10 with Perfect disqualifying Luger actually gets pretty good when they start shouting at each other. I bet it sucked for the people there at the time, but it's perfect build for a Mr. Perfect/Luger feud which I bet never happened although I will check right after I post this.

How does Kane go from being part of a team that got straight squashed at WM to the number one contender in a month when he's had I believe one match in the last month and it was a no contest?

Because wins and losses don't matter in the WWE. Unless they tell you that they do.

Also, something something corrupt authority figures bending the rules to achieve their goals, etc.

Sephzilla

Hah. Just went and watched the Green Bay Raw were Taker chokeslammed Brock through a table. Not only did they try to quiet down the holy shit chant that broke out, they dubbed over it (poorly) with an Undertaker chant

Hah. Just went and watched the Green Bay Raw were Taker chokeslammed Brock through a table. Not only did they try to quiet down the holy shit chant that broke out, they dubbed over it (poorly) with an Undertaker chant

All in an attempt to keep Daniel Bryan from getting over. Curse you, Vince.

I finally broke down and setup a vpn and a paypal account so I can have the network up here in the Great White North. What are some of the original documentaries and programs I should be watching first?

I finally broke down and setup a vpn and a paypal account so I can have the network up here in the Great White North. What are some of the original documentaries and programs I should be watching first?

Check out some of the Legends of Wrestling roundtable discussions - also, the Bryan WM special and Ultimate Warrior specials were great.

Check out some of the Legends of Wrestling roundtable discussions - also, the Bryan WM special and Ultimate Warrior specials were great.

Yeah, these are about the most worthwhile things on the Network. Also watch the Biggest Blunders Countdown. That was an amazing show. Oh and NXT Arrival.

Top Bottom