• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Network app on the Bone is more responsive than PS3 and 360, nothing special. It does what I need it to.

strobogo

Banned
Yes. The payoff and the entire story was built around Abyss just being crazy. We were never supposed to believe they were different people, just that Park was nuts.

A 2 year angle just for that? Wiki makes his return as Abyss sound great. Monster's Ball with EY. EY pulls the mask off to reveal that Joseph Park was Abyss the entire time. The next week, Abyss says he's leaving again. Shows up at the PPV as Magnum's new insurance policy. A month later, he turns on Magnus.

So is Abyss a face or a heel now? Turning on a heel usually means a face turn, but it is TNA. Oh, and he got a new mask that looks like Kane's newest mask, but brown?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, who do you think was ECW's best talent ever?

What? Rockin' Rebel was the premiere untapped talent of the 90's, brother. He had it all: looks, attitude, machismo, a small but solid war crate of three or so moves, a sexy manager and a truly rockin' mullet.

He was definitely untapped.

164qak5.jpg

hIBG4JU.jpg

FKTmALo.jpg

For Bronson, the Rebel's biggest fan.

So, who do you think was ECW's best talent ever?

Does Terry Funk count?

Probably Cactus, but I always enjoyed the hell out of Tony Mamaluke & Little Guido matches.

strobogo

Banned

It's excellent that the first clip is of Abyss giving Kurt Angle the ankle lock. Why the fuck did Kurt think every match for ten years had to have his opponent lock in the ankle lock, usually multiple times, and usually for an extended amount of time?

All the old timers always talk about how Kurt is the greatest, but he has rarely had matches with any kind of psychology unless he was working with someone better than him (Austin in 2001, Taker in 2006). He's always been such a spotty guy who just spams belly to belly/Germans and trades finishers for 5 minutes at the end. I never understood it. I think the Network is going to remind people that Kurt was really a super good spot monkey who never understood psychology unless someone was taking him by the hand and forcing it on him. All the old guys were total marks for the gold medal. There is no reason why someone who understands ring psychology would have the same match with Matt Morgan as he does with Jay Lethal as he does with Abyss as he does with Brock as he does with Spike Dudley.

Those of you who incorrectly accuse TNA of ripping off WWE, who is TNA's John Cena?

Mike Tenay

Petey Williams spitting truth;

"The Indy wrestling scene in the UK has come a long way since I worked it 8 yrs ago. Amazing talent. Get ready for the next wrestling boom"

Come on guys, jump on the BritWres bandwagon.

BronsonLee loves Rockin Rebel and IWAMS. Learn more about him every day!

I heard the real reason for his trip to Japan is so he can scout talent for Ian Rotten to book in IWA-MS.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I jumped onto the bandwagon. There's a few too strongly british parts of it that detract from the overall experience, just not my thing. I really enjoy PROGRESS. Too "stiff upper lip" and posh language.

Vylash

Does the UK have any big, televised promotions? Or is it all indy? I can't imagine they have anything on TV since they like TNA

British Indy wrestling is just a bunch of white guys. I can see how that would appeal to people like Strobogo or Bootaaay, but I personally like to see more diversity.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There's a bunch of nuance in British wrestling that isn't communicated very well. Boots can explain more as he's a big fan of it, but it's kind of like how a 2/3 falls match in Mexico differs from one in America.

There any good free events? I'm a poor, you see

Nothing free, unfortunately - but, a few promotions put matches up on youtube occasionally;

4FW
Kamikaze Pro
PCW
PROGRESS
Southside Wrestling

Does the UK have any big, televised promotions? Or is it all indy? I can't imagine they have anything on TV since they like TNA

It's all indy, so no TV, but we do get the BWC British Wrestling Round-up which airs once a month after TNA.

British Indy wrestling is just a bunch of white guys. I can see how that would appeal to people like Strobogo or Bootaaay, but I personally like to see more diversity.

Rampage Brown? RJ Singh? Darrell Allen?

There's a bunch of nuance in British wrestling that isn't communicated very well. Boots can explain more as he's a big fan of it, but it's kind of like how a 2/3 falls match in Mexico differs from one in America.

I think a large part of it is the mat-work - for one thing, there's a lot more of it. Even flippy, proto-indy guys seem much more comfortable with hammerlocks and armbars than their US counterparts. There's definitely a distinct flow to British wrestling.

somedevil

TNA Spoiler:

TNA is taping the May 15th episode of Impact Wrestling tonight in Orlando and taped a segment with MVP coming out to reveal Eric Young's challenger for the World Heavyweight Title at Slammiversary.

MVP called out the #1 contender but nobody came out. He teased that we would find out who it is next week before turning heel and laying Young out. MVP told Young that he will see him at Slammiversary.

lol, has TNA have no shame?

Top Bottom